The Chateau Diaries #160 A Slugabed & an Ultracrepidarian Fudgel all day. More Is More.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
North End
I had family, friends and ex work colleagues who lived in North End and don’t use it but I have 2 friends who come from the Newcastle area who use it and after looking online it is more of a northern, Scottish, Irish word.
Maybe sailors from those areas settling in Portsmouth.

Can someone please explain "fugel" ?
Google doesn't know it 🤷‍♀️
Maybe you mean Frugel.

Attachments

Reactions: 3
Oooh I was just thinking, we haven’t seen much of Dan and he hasn’t gotten much done. We haven’t seen Cuz do much either in quite a while. However, Jerry is back, Davy is there, and she just had her hair colored. I would bet they are getting ready to or have already started something we don’t know about. She has been walking down the kitchen side of the house whenever she goes to look at the garden and such, maybe there’s something going on she’s avoiding showing? She did that whole stupid swimming pond thing last year and we didn’t even know about it at the time.

She did say that they are doing another big planting in the fall by the chapel, and it could be that they are getting ready to do the earthworks for that. Maybe they will build the water reservoir so they can water the damn thing. It was in the plans.

I think there’s some project or such going on that we don’t know anything about.
I think Channel 4 might be filming, as per another chateau on Instagram mentioned over the weekend. It's the only reason Jerry shows up anymore.

Reactions: 30
I’ve heard it in Yorkshire but not Lancashire
I'm not entirely sure but... I think "yous" originates from Pompey, or Portsmouth to those of yous that don't know (Dan's stamping ground). People from Portsmouth use "yous" ALL the time.
[/QUOTE/]

Reactions: 4
What if the Patrons Days are really free volunteer labor days? I could see Stephanie putting them to work—outside only—in the gardens, cleaning the facade, etc. and calling it a having an “authentic lalande experience.” I wouldn’t put it past her. It keeps them busy and away from her.

Correcting myself…it’s not free labor. As usual, the patrons would be paying for it.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
I think Channel 4 might be filming, as per another chateau on Instagram mentioned over the weekend. It's the only reason Jerry shows up anymore.
Yes, I read in the live comments for Sunday’s CD, that Gerry was only in town a few days for filming Chateau DIY.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
What if the Patrons Days are really free volunteer labor days? I could see Stephanie putting them to work—outside only—in the gardens, cleaning the facade, etc. and calling it a having an “authentic lalande experience.” I wouldn’t put it past her. It keeps them busy and away from her.
Paaarfect! What’s even better…she’d probably have them pay extra to do it! 😆 “For an additional €50 you’ll get to dig a ditch!” 😆 And what’s sad…some of those crazy patrons would actually take her up on it!!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Oooh I was just thinking, we haven’t seen much of Dan and he hasn’t gotten much done. We haven’t seen Cuz do much either in quite a while. However, Jerry is back, Davy is there, and she just had her hair colored. I would bet they are getting ready to or have already started something we don’t know about. She has been walking down the kitchen side of the house whenever she goes to look at the garden and such, maybe there’s something going on she’s avoiding showing? She did that whole stupid swimming pond thing last year and we didn’t even know about it at the time.

She did say that they are doing another big planting in the fall by the chapel, and it could be that they are getting ready to do the earthworks for that. Maybe they will build the water reservoir so they can water the damn thing. It was in the plans.

I think there’s some project or such going on that we don’t know anything about.
@Clara Burnett - have you any idea what the fanny and entourage are upto this time? Are they doing the lake work? Or something entirely different? Please spill! It would kill Fanny to no end to have her grand plan exposed before she tells the patreon ( who funds it all)

She did clear that corridor by the kitchen. Under the guise of a clean up! A renovation of the corridor would be cheap and easy! New lick of paint and a new curtain for the doorway and maybe a new seat for the downstairs staff to use and at a push replastering the ceiling where the leak was. Ian the plaster is back so it’s probably all part of the plan.

she can flog in on ch4 and show her dear patrons ( sorry piggybank) and claim work is happening!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
He films himself watering the Jardin Anglais in the most recent video -- a job Amaury has passed on? Support from Amaury? Dan's bid for more work now the endless pergola is almost done?
Can Dana find him a no parlez job?
Will he go back to the oil rigs? I'm betting he will find it impossible to give up YT stardom to do so.
He didn't think it through... He was tasting 'fame' with the growing popularity of his YT channel, faffing around doing his own thing till (I would imagine) Annalise said enough's enough, start kicking in with the family... He decided YT was more important, offered a way out of slogging... Well, it's not happening Dan, you seem to be doing more grunt work than ever. I notice all the love songs are finished... silence or music lately...

Reactions: 15
I come from Portsmouth and have never heard of yous. I have heard it further north around Newcastle and Scotland but no one I grew up with or I speak to there today have ever used it.
It's a northern thing. The guys at Lalacelle use it all the time

Reactions: 5
Just caught up with the grabbo. 😫 I am a quilter and I love Tilda fabric. I’m sooooooo disappointed with Tilda people! ☹😫

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Weekends in London, Michelin lunches and Liberty shopping trips were just fodder for Fanny's vlogs and long gone. Heck, Dan isn't even cooking at the shiteau anymore. Time to read room Dan. The writing is well and truly on the wall. Best you set sail on your time schedule rather than wait to be tossed overboard by Fanny.
Maybe Dan sees through her narc play and need to be discarded?

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
I think Stephanie is an adrenaline junkie and her adrenaline is “getting away with it.” She’s probably been this way forever, but I think after the C4 boyfriend disclosure she went into overdrive. Prior to being outed, her fans were so adamant that she and Phillip were just friends and you could tell many of them wanted it that way. Once she was exposed, they fell right in line. It has emboldened her to keep seeing how far she can go.

I believe she gets less enjoyment from the shopping and travel than from watching her fans cheer on whatever she does. Terminating people who are no longer useful—like Dan eventually—is another way to get a high of excitement to see if she can again get her fans to support her over common decency to her employees/friends.

Now she is increasingly more frantic to get that feeling of excitement. Acting more and more outrageous—buying expensive vases and garden structures while crying poor about affording heating; encouraging Phillip’s strange choices; continuing to accept mountains of gifts in a terrible economy—just daring people to object.

I think she looks at Tattle like we are the police and she is a thief in a heist film. Constantly taunting us to catch her. And like what happens in those movies, her over-confidence is making her sloppy. She is alienating some of those closest to her. There are more negative comments from fans. And she seems to be wearing herself down constantly churning things up. Right now, she’s still sure she is untouchable. How far will she go…?
It's too bad YT doesn't allow down arrows to be seen, there aren't many up votes in comments, and a heck of a lot of positive comments don't get any support at all...

Maybe Dan sees through her narc play and need to be discarded?
I got the impression in the kitchen the other day Dan didn't have a lot of time for PhiPhi... No real familiarity between them, just a basic acknowledgement of his drivel...

Reactions: 15
Dan is being Selmarized and is getting Cuz to slowly push him out of the Dump. Fanny has been grooming Kirsty to be a Dan replacement as far as generating video content. I think that may be why Ñutty is suddenly going on trips with Annalise and Annalise is being celebrated and included in videos.

Passive aggressive mean girl Fanny is pushing him out and doing as she did with Marie and Selmar. Can’t you see Fanny saying with a concerned look on her face, “ Dan has gone through so much this past year and it is understandable that he would like a change. We wish him the best and will always be great friends. He will always be welcome at the Dump.” Dan will never be seen again except for a brief visit or mention. Rinse and repeat, another day at LieLande. Phillip may be up next.
Don't think we'll be that lucky that Phiphi will go for a while yet.

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.