The Chateau Diaries #159 Fannys funny farm is fecking filthy, say that five times

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Fanny is so cruel to animals. The poor sheep were allowed to inbreed until it was stopped by a non owner of the Dump, the sheep were not shorn until mid summer despite France having had very hot temperatures. And then she was unhappy not to have a baby lamb to use as an Easter prop so she has Kirsty bring over lambs for the Dump crew to video and manhandle. I was disappointed that Kirsty indulged Fanny’s whims and transporTed the little lambs to be exploited for photo and video content. Ît seems like Kirsty is getting the Shittoo fever and playing more and more into being one of Fanny’s go to people to set up stories or manipulate info for the videos.

When Fanny stupidly drained the pond, she went to take a nap because she was bored of watching the fish die gasping for breath after she completely drained their environment and left them flopping around in the mud to die. She has no empathy and lacks a conscience.

She still doesn’t contain and protect the chickens or peacocks properly, causing some of them to unnecessarily die.

She didn’t take Ruby to the vet when Ruby was seriously injured. Selmar did it because he was worried for Ruby.

And yet, when Ruby, the sheep, and the disgruntled peahens and chickens stage their coup, Fanny will still pretend to not understand why they are upset with her.

It is so frustrating to watch her mistreat animals again and again for her own personal gain. Rinse and repeat.
She doesn't seem to do pets. She's never talked about any from her past (where she seems to live at any opportunity as though it were magical). Only reason the chickens are there is for eggs and the peacocks were likely inherited originally. We know the sheep weren't her idea and she doesn't give a rats bum about their welfare... and Ruby is there by default also... :( If PhiPhi did get a dog it would likely terrorize and kill the birds, he's too engrossed in his preening to put the work into a well trained dog.

Reactions: 17
I'd say don't count out Sweet Baby J... :sneaky: :cool:

Speaking of electrical faults, I wonder if that was staged, because we have been talking about the faulty wirering, that Stephanie Jarvis never seems to have fixed - the faulty wirering that cause the fire....
I also feel that the wire that was “accidentally” found was staged. How very random and yet exact for the plasterer to have hit the perfect (quite out of the way) spot with a hammer and then actually notice the wire and feel it was important enough to alert Amaury.

Also, the walls inside the turret and I’m sure most other walls in the chateau, really looked crappy. If you aren’t going to have it replastered to make it perfectly smooth for 17 years, a simple coat of paint would have made it look clean and make the grunge kind of disappear. Having said that, the wrong color and a bad paint job also look crappy… I don’t know if there is a properly painted room or hallway at Lalande. Seems like no one ever cuts in at the ceiling or baseboards and it always needs another coat.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
I have never been a fan of viscose either. Love silk!
Although my personal preference is a little viscose where linen garments are concerned as otherwise, pure linen looks like crumpled rags within minutes. Made that pure linen mistake far too often in the past and always ended up eventually donating really expensive pieces. :(
See now, if you still had them we could have watched Fanny gloat over them, and wear them to feed the chickens...

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Chatastrophy she likes to mention it is a Chateau in every breath. Most people would just say house. Chateaux are the cheapest real estate per m2 in France for a reason-they're not deemed a status symbol but an albatross they definitely attract a certain type on the whole-Brits who can give themselves airs
I have always thought exactly the same for years. As in, the original French owners are just so absolutely over the moon to be able to off load these money pits wreaks to pretentious Brits/Americans/Canadians with ideas of OTT grandeur well above their status and ability to afford the renos. That is exactly why they all ultimately succomb to Patreon. So very stupid to think otherwise and then just appear such a joke to expect others to fund their unrealistic dreams.
See now, if you still had them we could have watched Fanny gloat over them, and wear them to feed the chickens...
You are so incredibly naughty in your thinking @Imperious Me.
Thankfully, I am so v.v. far away from the HMN or their local Emmaus so whichever new owner, may, or may not, think that they have bagged a bargain. Defo, not in my book, as far too much hard work to even iron let alone ultimately look in any way presentable beyond a few minutes.
Although, j'adore the linen look on tall, lean men in the sunshine - somehow they can always get away with it. :)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
I wonder if the didn't actually use a different colour for the second coat, the colour now looks completely different

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
I'd wager a bet it's because he never gets to spend time with Fanny without the Cling-on ever present... I had a friend like that, may have mentioned it before, couldn't go anywhere without her bringing her husband. Conversation wasn't the same, he was a perpetual bragger, his watch, his phone, his trips... so I stopped meeting up with her. I've noticed the conversations, shennanigans and trips have stopped between Scottdog and her now Snorts is in charge.
Well she can not go away and leave Snorts. He is not old enough to be left unattended. You know it is very hard to find a baby sitter for difficult children.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I c

I can’t take credit for it as I stole it from another Tattler. Wish I could remember who for attribution. I always heard the phrase “the town pump” where I was raised. Same insult, different region, lol.
Actually I think it may have been @JackSpratt who originally used that phrase here, "village bike" and as she is an English ex-pat long living in France, that is a well known saying in England, AKA, a woman of very low morals and is up for anybody who cares to ride her particular bike - yuck! :devilish:

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I wonder if the didn't actually use a different colour for the second coat, the colour now looks completely different
I do not know BUT wet paint often looks different colour when dry, number of coats and also sunlight v electric light.

Reactions: 8
If you click on many of the name only comments with an initial in a block, many times the name has no channels associated with it at all. While that can happen, it is strange how many of the gushing comments (esp. about PhiPhi’s looks or how wonderful he is) with the initial in a square symbol have nothing when you click on their name. Is it because many of them are aliases made up by Sir Snorts a Lot and Fanny?

I think Fanny and crew have posted hundreds of overly gushing comments over the past couple of years because it creates a groupthink type of mentality where others who post think, “ well all these all people think this is fabulous, so I will too.” Over time, it just fuels the hysteria of the Chateau Diaries diehards and I think commenters try to outdo each other with the crazy over the top gushing praise. It is like a cult type mentality.
And it's got worse since Snorts arrived, he's clearly driving it.

Reactions: 13
I mean, lovely stephanologists
Let the Dutch boy paint his finger nails, toe nails, his fury friends nails (stuffed ones, hopefully never been alive) with this lovely peachy color he adores so much... And safe the money of e. G. A chandelier for some electrician works at the building...
The singers sister could have bought the lamp (instead of this... What is it in cheaply painted gold with so much going on even a clock... Thing...)
All happy, life, love and laughter...

OK seeing as we're on the subject @Albee, I have a short kimono in the blue & white willow pattern. Looks great with a white vest and jeans. I hand washed mine, put it on a hanger and hung it in the shower. Got it in the sale mind as I think the range are all a bit over-priced.
They sell them in Kew Gardens too. The very flowerey ones obviously (y) ;)

Reactions: 12
Also, the walls inside the turret and I’m sure most other walls in the chateau, really looked crappy. If you aren’t going to have it replastered to make it perfectly smooth for 17 years, a simple coat of paint would have made it look clean and make the grunge kind of disappear. Having said that, the wrong color and a bad paint job also look crappy… I don’t know if there is a properly painted room or hallway at Lalande. Seems like no one ever cuts in at the ceiling or baseboards and it always needs another coat.
It just demonstrates how SJ’s design sense is terrible….scatterbrained. First, as many here have pointed out, La Lande is a farmhouse. SJ is trying to make it something more “grand,” but it doesn’t work because what she’s doing doesn’t “fit.” Also, the farmhouse is old…it’s not perfect. Even the building’s floorplan and layout is a little wonky and quirky. Beauty can be found in “ruins” and imperfection; many designers choose to highlight, embrace, and incorporate those imperfections into their design. SJ’s approach is somewhat schizophrenic*, though. It appears she wants to renovate rooms to make them “new,” but the renovations are done “half assed.” The end result looks like lipstick on a pig. You should either embrace the ruins and imperfections “as is”…make sure the building is structurally sound and water tight (stop any further damage), but keep the chipped walls, the weathering, the worn down tiles, etc. to really highlight the history of the place. OR…completely renovate to make it brand new. Instead, SJ puts a fresh coat of paint on crumbling plaster, or wallpaper on moldy walls…the result looks like a mess. And the new work is poorly done. The charm is removed. It’s so sad to see.

*No disrespect to anyone with schizophrenia or have a loved one with schizophrenia

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Actually I think it may have been @JackSpratt who originally used that phrase here, "village bike" and as she is an English ex-pat long living in France, that is a well known saying in England, AKA, a woman of very low morals and is up for anybody who cares to ride her particular bike - yuck! :devilish:
I don't think it was me (one of my Mum's favourite sayings) and I wouldn't have been that polite :ROFLMAO: 🤫 I still use the phrase Bob's your Uncle, Fanny's your Aunt. Another one, Red Hat no Drawers.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
I thought right from the word go Sadie should have gone with the Dorchester Pink as a shade lighter, which is maybe what she has now decided to do. Who really knows, and more to the point, who ultimately really cares? :giggle:

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.