The Chateau Diaries #158 Patreon day clean up, unpaid bills, and disappearing accounts and heating chills

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Well, she doesn't have the soap opera that is Lalande. Or maybe she does and doesn't want to film it -- she natters on about filming private life in the chateau and frankly M[y]E[eyes]G[laze]O[ver]. Was this the dig at Stephanie? Meanwhile she films a truly grotty non-renovation of her shocking bathroom and does not consider that TMI?
She could actually have done some good by filming the mentally ill Workaway volunteer.
So she doesn't have the killer instinct Jarvis does -- it makes for less successful YT.
She could do French life but perhaps does not parlez vous like the Fleuries do -- Benoit and Nathan full characters in the soap opera.
They're plastering some part of the heap, and I am totally down for every lime plaster moment that exists -- me and the hard core reno people. Not enough of that, and not as well executed as Dan or Budo do it.
Etc. There's plenty of content, but doing rumtopf without pitting the cherries or the mirabelles "because I am too busy" is another food crime against humanity and just asking for a disgusting dish threatening cracked teeth to all your winter solstice guests. Joyeux Noel!!!!
I have always found her to be just a little bit too serious for my viewing pleasure. Each to their own!
Yes, they both work extremely hard but she must be incredibly lonely and working alongside your partner 24/7 can't be easy either.
I thought Amy said that Marc spent £600 on all those palm trees - the supplier was obviously just so pleased to get rid of them by the sounds of it as they can't be much in demand in rural Ardeche region.
Anyone with an ounce of sense would know that living in the middle of nowhere, renovating a chateau/the grounds/building a farm/vineyard and having 2 v.v. young children as your only company with hardly any money - is not going to be a walk in the park - EVER!
Unlike most other chateau owners, it would appear that the majority of which are either single, married with no children or, older children, don't live in the absolute middle of nowhere and have some kind of support system, however occasional. Then why does she feel that she should be able to do it all? She doesn't have super human powers.
I know when my son was very young, we spent a high percentage of my earnings on childcare - it has never been cheap.
And, when she was recently making that rumtopf concoction I was stunned as do either her/Marc actually even drink - IDK? That rum alone couldn't have been cheap, such a waste of money imo. I would have thought that jam making would have been more appropriate and cost effective on a budget because that was what her message was all about : lack of money : wasn't it? :unsure:

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I have always found her to be just a little bit too serious for my viewing pleasure. Each to their own!
Yes, they both work extremely hard but she must be incredibly lonely and working alongside your partner 24/7 can't be easy either.
I thought Amy said that Marc spent £600 on all those palm trees - the supplier was obviously just so pleased to get rid of them by the sounds of it as they can't be much in demand in rural Ardeche region.
Anyone with an ounce of sense would know that living in the middle of nowhere, renovating a chateau/the grounds/building a farm/vineyard and having 2 v.v. young children as your only company with hardly any money - is not going to be a walk in the park - EVER!
Unlike most other chateau owners, it would appear that the majority of which are either single, married with no children or, older children, don't live in the absolute middle of nowhere and have some kind of support system, however occasional. Then why does she feel that she should be able to do it all? She doesn't have super human powers.
I know when my son was very young, we spent a high percentage of my earnings on childcare - it has never been cheap.
And, when she was recently making that rumtopf concoction I was stunned as do either her/Marc actually even drink - IDK? That rum alone couldn't have been cheap, such a waste of money imo. I would have thought that jam making would have been more appropriate and cost effective on a budget because that was what her message was all about : lack of money : wasn't it? :unsure:
She said £600? I stand corrected, thank you. We need all the facts we can get, I appreciate it.

Reactions: 7
She said £600? I stand corrected, thank you. We need all the facts we can get, I appreciate it.
Just re-watched their vlog.
Marc actually said that when he showed interest in them at the nursery, they almost bit her hand off and kept texting him after he originally walked away because the nursery had to make room for new stock.
The original 6 x 5m tall palms they got for £100 each and I think Marc also purchased a couple of smaller ones too as the nursery wanted to get rid of those as well. Overall, I would imagine, £1000 tops perhaps??
From what I know about palm trees, friends of mine live in the SoF and during past conversations about their hotel/gardens etc, told me that palm tree maintenance is huge bucks. Maybe not such a future bargain then?

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
OMG! I hadn’t looked closely at the tile detail before…I’m lost for words! You’re not kidding…there’s a guy pissing on someone’s bare ass (appears to be a female?). Immortalized in tile on a kitchen backsplash. I enjoy a good joke, but this isn’t humorous, ironic, or satirical…it’s just weird and somewhat disturbing. There is something wrong with SJ (let alone Derek Jarvis). One can only hope Channel 4 gets a closeup of the tile once it’s installed.
As noted here previously, very racy Delft tiles are a specialty of the [really talented] artist Paul Bommer on IG, I think. The father of witty and possibly racy gay Delft was the late Simon Pettet, one of Spitalfields' early urban pioneers and hipsters, who caricatured his fellow denizens on tiles in the '80s.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
La dee dah Philip and his fake fuckin' pretentious accent. Blech!
I'm truly confused why Phillip gets an opinion on ANYTHING... He has no financial commitment to the place, he's a partners arm candy, he has NO relation to the guy who's apartment she is fixing to paint... He's NOTHING to the place once she bins him.... Natti has more of a relation to the place than him.... ugh.. can't watch any more of that sh!t....

• Heart
Reactions: 31
I'm truly confused why Phillip gets an opinion on ANYTHING... He has no financial commitment to the place, he's a partners arm candy, he has NO relation to the guy who's apartment she is fixing to paint... He's NOTHING to the place once she bins him.... Natti has more of a relation to the place than him.... ugh.. can't watch any more of that sh!t....
Yes I was wondering why his opinion is sought on every decision that Fanny makes at shittooville. It is so annoying to watch, he makes no monetary contribution, but acts like he owns every blasted brick there. Pretentious twit.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Especially an English garden at a French farmhouse, like the dump.
Many distinguished French places have English gardens. Versailles. Chantilly. Parc Monceau. Louis-Philippe's Chateau Vieux.
It's post revolutionary and romantic landscapes, and much cheaper to maintain than the labor intensive parterres of medieval and Renaissance France.
Davy, if not Jarvis, actually knows some landscape architecture history, and was instrumental in talking her down from the box parterres/maze she wanted behind the chapel. The Jardin Anglais is a good design recommendation by Davy.

View attachment 1399277

View attachment 1399278

View attachment 1399279

View attachment 1399340

View attachment 1399281

View attachment 1399284

View attachment 1399355

View attachment 1399334

View attachment 1399287

I’m sorry.
View attachment 1399291

View attachment 1399294

Yes, UK Tartlet Day is a great idea & @Princess and the Pea, you are now in charge of organizing it. The tiara you have in mind is paarfect, perhaps gold leaf it? You can claim any work-away you want, that’s how it works. Instead of ordering Lalande character face masks, I would prefer you to watercolor paint them by hand. Everything needs to be classy.
View attachment 1399295
A standing ovation for your fabulous artwork here! I am thinking about making a coffee table book out of these! I know! A wallpaper line like Michael Angel has done!!

1657213809880.gif

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
Just re-watched their vlog.
Marc actually said that when he showed interest in them at the nursery, they almost bit her hand off and kept texting him after he originally walked away because the nursery had to make room for new stock.
The original 6 x 5m tall palms they got for £100 each and I think Marc also purchased a couple of smaller ones too as the nursery wanted to get rid of those as well. Overall, I would imagine, £1000 tops perhaps??
From what I know about palm trees, friends of mine live in the SoF and during past conversations about their hotel/gardens etc, told me that palm tree maintenance is huge bucks. Maybe not such a future bargain then?
£1000 could go a long way for proper YT equipment/broadband their entire enterprise depends upon. And a bathroom for volunteers their entire enterprise depends upon. Marc may have a shopping/hoarding problem, as do many men who acquire large properties to fill. Their house is full of tit and second hand electrician supplies he gets at auction. He's always zipping off to pick up nasty looking stuff he purchases online.

I know she had difficulties with the pregnancies -- we all know this. I'm sorry to think that's a theme.
My birth was difficult and my parents' lives during that time, uh, adventurous and impecunious. But they always thought of it as a choice and of risk-taking as a pleasure. Just saying, even if you don't chose your misfortunes, you can navigate them with positivity, pleasure, and intelligence.
When you have chosen them, made a decision to undergo two risky pregnancies in the wilderness with one bathroom, Workaway volunteers, and tit connectivity.....it strikes me not bitching about it is the right thing to do.
But then, as you so piquantly point out, I'm not trying to turn tricks on Youtube.
...it’s all about perspective and choices...as you so well said here...❤ ...I watched a few of this couples videos...and found her quite sad and depressed...

...we were just talking about this...the state of families...the expectations and the mindset of so many. how so much has changed since we were young and...yes...we were dirt poor back then. ...all the pressure now to have it all...houses, cars, vacations...all material things. ...the focus is too much...unhealthy...and ultimately doesn’t make you happy and content...

...we are now...quite comfortable financially...and do indulge ourselves...and can travel and do what once seemed impossible...but we are also...of a ‘certain age’... ...we worked for everything...sacrificed...never bought ‘stuff’...or went on fancy trips...for years...

...but...our happiest, most carefree days were when we had only a few bucks for pizza and beer on the weekends...and we felt lucky...and money and possessions...meant-nothing to us...we were free...because of that perspective...

...and the irony...we never thought we were poor or missing out on anything...life was so good...in our minds...

...quite sad how things have become...the simple things aren’t enough anymore...many are missing out...on the best years of their lives
by chasing what isn’t all that important...

• Heart
Reactions: 21
...it’s all about perspective and choices...as you so well said here...❤

...we were just talking about this...the state of families...the expectations and the mindset of so many. how so much has changed since we were young and...yes...we were dirt poor back then. ...all the pressure now to have it all...houses, cars, vacations...all material things. ...the focus is too much...unhealthy...and ultimately doesn’t make you happy and content...

...we are now...quite comfortable financially...and do indulge ourselves...and can travel and do what once seemed impossible...but we are also...of a ‘certain age’... ...we worked for everything...sacrificed...never bought ‘stuff’...or went on fancy trips...for years...

...but...our happiest, most carefree days were when we had only a few bucks for pizza and beer on the weekends...and we felt lucky...and money and possessions...meant-nothing to us...we were free...because of that perspective...

...and the irony...we never thought we were poor or missing out on anything...life was so good...in our minds...

...quite sad how things have become...the simple things aren’t enough anymore...many are missing out...on the best years of their lives
by chasing what isn’t all that important...
I hear you. I see these people surrounded by mountains and mountains of dismal old furniture and crockery and think.....of Marley's ghost.
Here's a cute DIY Christmas tree felt ornament of Marley's ghost.

Attachments

• Heart
That has been a gripe of mine. I will grant he has better design sense than Stephanie, who thinks clashing colors, patterns and clutter is “tasteful” and he at least tries to talk her out of design disasters, so he gets a few points there. However, his constant reference to “we” in all decisions is rather concerning. Obviously, she is enabling that assumption, which is quite bizarre considering his role as her emotional support accessory, NOT her partner financially.

Reactions: 15
View attachment 1399277

View attachment 1399278

View attachment 1399279

View attachment 1399340

View attachment 1399281

View attachment 1399284

View attachment 1399355

View attachment 1399334

View attachment 1399287

I’m sorry.
View attachment 1399291

View attachment 1399294

Yes, UK Tartlet Day is a great idea & @Princess and the Pea, you are now in charge of organizing it. The tiara you have in mind is paarfect, perhaps gold leaf it? You can claim any work-away you want, that’s how it works. Instead of ordering Lalande character face masks, I would prefer you to watercolor paint them by hand. Everything needs to be classy.
View attachment 1399295
Wow I have made the big time. I think the boobies I've got on here would warrant a place in the farm house kitchen!!!
These are genius!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.