The Chateau Diaries #158 Patreon day clean up, unpaid bills, and disappearing accounts and heating chills

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Did you see how Steve the dullard put his signature on his computer generated photocopies what a daft twit
Oh my God yes he is such a creep! And you are right total Dullard and Mrs. Shrek is the perfect mate for him .I do not know which is worse and more Idiotic…She’s such a simpleton and he is pathetic drooling after SJ!

Reactions: 14
Agree @Trengilly :

'Could I also point out that Stephanie has said nothing throughout Pride month - considering a large proportion of her fan base and her detractors here, at Tattle Towers, are from the LGBTQI+ community she has said nothing to celebrate us or fight for our rights'

Exactly what I thought, but then she didn't vlog for the Diamond Jubilee either, both huge milestones this year - odd and disrespectful considering we get Dutch Day, Easter, Independence Day, Thanksgiving, Halloween, Christmas, NYE, any day that she can have a party and vlog content with really :unsure:

'I suspect it may well be her loyal band of bible clutching militia that prevents Stephanie tight lipped with her political thoughts knowingly all too well they are paying for her non-existent renovations'

Which I why I thought she was being a tadge risque featuring the gay couple's mock wedding blessing in the chapel. I immediately thought she was possibly alienating the Bible belt Superfans.

She's all over the place lately, but then, what's new :rolleyes:

• Heart
Reactions: 23
OMG! I hadn’t looked closely at the tile detail before…I’m lost for words! You’re not kidding…there’s a guy pissing on someone’s bare ass (appears to be a female?). Immortalized in tile on a kitchen backsplash. I enjoy a good joke, but this isn’t humorous, ironic, or satirical…it’s just weird and somewhat disturbing. There is something wrong with SJ (let alone Derek Jarvis). One can only hope Channel 4 gets a closeup of the tile once it’s installed.
Daddy seems like a nasty pervert. I think Fanny gets a kick out of promoting his gross art to the grannies.

Reactions: 11
I think the apartment of Potts has been upgraded in priority since he broke up with Ruthy And may be spending time alone at the dump.

I also think Fanny has tried to find companies to sponsor her channel and has failed so she is trying to get Patrons to come up with a company willing to sponsor the channel or willing to target any company name she tosses out as wanting to be a sponsor. Fanny would never turn down an opportunity to make money. Do you really think, as she says to her Patrons, that it just suddenly occurred to her to try to get a sponsor?

Maybe sponsors want proof that you aren’t buying subscribers, views, are not in violation of multiple laws, rules, etc.? Dealing with LieLande is like rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic.

Reactions: 17
Part of the original wood burning cooker/range/stove/oven.

@2:17 Stephanie Jarvis gives the history.

@0:59, Ian is called in, to get it up and running.
@4:04 Michael Petherick loads it with charcoal.
@8:04 Stephanie Jarvis states, it has not worked for 13 years.
@8:08 Michael Petherick takes credit for repairing the cooker.

She seems so much calmer in this video.

Reactions: 15
Agree @Trengilly :

'Could I also point out that Stephanie has said nothing throughout Pride month - considering a large proportion of her fan base and her detractors here, at Tattle Towers, are from the LGBTQI+ community she has said nothing to celebrate us or fight for our rights'

Exactly what I thought, but then she didn't vlog for the Diamond Jubilee either, both huge milestones this year - odd and disrespectful considering we get Dutch Day, Easter, Independence Day, Thanksgiving, Halloween, Christmas, NYE, any day that she can have a party and vlog content with really :unsure:

'I suspect it may well be her loyal band of bible clutching militia that prevents Stephanie tight lipped with her political thoughts knowingly all too well they are paying for her non-existent renovations'

Which I why I thought she was being a tadge risque featuring the gay couple's mock wedding blessing in the chapel. I immediately thought she was possibly alienating the Bible belt Superfans.

She's all over the place lately, but then, what's new :rolleyes:
I find it incredibly hard to imaging anyone associated with Fanny to be tight lipped AAYOOOOOO, slam it in any hole how very Lalande.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Oh my God yes he is such a creep! And you are right total Dullard and Mrs. Shrek is the perfect mate for him .I do not know which is worse and more Idiotic…She’s such a simpleton and he is pathetic drooling after SJ!
To be fair to creepy Steve, Fanny is the town bike and being with Snorts sets the bar so low that Steve thinks he has a chance and can limbo under it and into Fanny’s boudoir. Perhaps he thinks doing Daddy’s perverse tiles is his one way ticket to Fannyland.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Crap! I can't hide what I have done any longer as I am fidgeting with a miniscule, gerkin pickle in my big mama panties!!!! And my hair was falling out in clumps in the shower. Why, oh why?????

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I have to take back what I posted here after actually watching the vlog from Chateau Grifferaie. Rob did not even mention Patreon. He was having a chat on worldly goods and what they mean and how we can perhaps use them to help others. So @BigGreenMeany you posted your interpretation of what Rob said not exactly what he said.

Had to stop watching at 7 minutes. He says the chateau is a depreciated asset. Well....they bought the place knowing that it has structural issues, and now he's basically trying to explain how it will continue to depreciate as nothing has been done to replace lintels and shore up the structure at the basement level.
And he accepts this as nothing WILL be done to fix it. Huh....this chateau will only continue to fall slowly apart as long as these idiots own it. Wanted to live in a chateau in France, yet no funds to fix it. I despise people who do this to properties.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
I like their paint a lot probably, prefer Little Greene or Edward Bulmer but still like F and B. It actually is only 75 years old, so not many servants quarters left in UK in the 1940's. They have reproduced historic colours with a chalky finish and didn't really start flying till late 80's and 90's. They now do a modern estate emulsion which is wipeable.
No one wipes down kitchen surfaces! Who will wipe down tower walls?🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Ok these are my opinions, of course I only know her from the videos.

She is very fragile, not a criticism just what I see. She had very difficult pregnancies, and I get the feeling they thought they might never be able to have children. So they are blessed in that way, but no one can ever be prepared for how hard it is to be a parent & you get very little sleep for years!
I think she feels a pressure to make videos as so many of the other chateaus are. But I would never had done anything like that when my kids where young, I just wouldn't have coped. It was enough for me that I fed and clothed them and kept them alive!
I also feel that they aren't on the same page as a couple, but who knows? It seems to me that she married with a dream in mind (most of us do) but you have to come to terms with the reality, otherwise you will always be unhappy. And I don't think she has come to terms with how hard it is versus her 'dream'
She has changed everything in her life. Stopped working, married, living in a a different country, living in the country a long way from others, no close friends/family etc. She really has a lot to come to terms with in my opinion.

But if they want to do the youtube then they need to spend some $$$ on equipment and childcare.

Do better you need to hand paint them like Anna.
I do have sympathy for the hardness of her life.
But she's a smart, well-educated woman of the world.
And that world would or should have educated her about remote places and the difficulties of companionship, staff and their accommodation, medical attention, broadband, etc. -- none of these problems will disappear in the Ardeche.
But I think we need to add to the ethical stew this new option of having a tantrum online.
As noted previously, Terry Lalacelle did it when his wall fell down and made €16K on his GoFundMe to repair it -- almost three times as much as he needed.
And as @Albee points out, Amy's meltdown is in the ballpark of Petherick's.
I'm getting beadier- and beadier-eyed about this.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.