The Chateau Diaries #156 Believe your 👀, not SJ’s lies. The Chateau is filthy, gross and full of idiots!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Stephanie always had a family, however disfunctional, but she had caring around her. Some people don't get to have a fraction of what she had, and yet, they turn out to be good people. Stephanie is simply an ugly person. She needs to have pretty things on and around her 24/7 so she can never address it.
Stephanie had a family around however she certainly appeared to have suffered emotional neglect. She had parents who appeared to put their own needs above their child. We certainly see that in the relationship between her and her mother and even her beloved father appeared to prioritise his own needs and settled for extravagant presents to show his love for his only child. We know that she adored DJ, who indulged her whims. I can't help but wonder what kind of man he was. I have the impression of a man who would pick and choose when he wanted to play the doting father with an open wallet and when he wanted to be left to indulge his hobby. I suspect he may have been a difficult and selfish man to live with. We have commented often that she seemed to be an inconvenience for them - left to play alone or shunted off to her maternal grandmother or a school friend for holidays or handed over to Scotman to take care of her. There is little evidence of care or warmth in her childhood.
Many children do thrive under these circumstances and worse. If they have personal resilience and emotional support from someone who cares about them, they can certainly achieve great things. They may have less in the way of material comforts but having an emotionally available adult to support them is key - this doesn't have to be a parent in a dysfunctional family. I am sure many of us relate to growing up in a family with little spare money but feeling loved, cared for and protected but have a healthier outlook than an indulged only child left to amuse herself and to stay out of the way of her busy parents. Stephanie's care and emotional provider seems to have been an adolescent Gerry. I suspect this is why she needs to keep Larkin, Ollie and Potts tethered to her and possibly why she feels the need to live in a commune. She had to love up to her mother's plans for her - Oxford, the opera training, elocution lessons and I imagine that it was a constant struggle constantly striving to achieve this. I think she has been affected by early emotional neglect and who knows what else - let's not forget Daddy's paintings!

Not all of the children I worked with were the product of sterotypical disadvantaged families - there were quite a number from dysfunctional but affluent middle class families.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
The Fleuries have a write up in Condé Nast Traveller! They are really setting the bar high for trailing SJ and her collapsing HMN.

View attachment 1376353
Jarvis is gagging for this -- as her response to the Christie's tastemaker gig revealed -- I think even the Google maps location marker for Lalande has "polished guest house" in its cutline.
It will never happen, as long as the uneducated, unsophisticated, boring Philip thinks he's the host in charge. As long as the food is cooked for free by amateurs. The wine is from the super market. There are no organized activities (plenty to do and see around there, as, to give but one example, the George Sand museum IG account discloses), lucrative daytime excursions or even courteous transpo to the farmers' markets. Well. No amenities for the blue ribbon traveller. Even an absentee landlord could record guided flora and fauna tours of the forest and the protected species, for example. There could be little printed .....
Never mind.
She's an idiot.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
Watch how HM the Queen speaks. She barely opens her mouth, but her enunciation is spot on. Eventually he’ll catch on to that. Hate to say it, but he’s a good mimic
Maybe someone is working him from behind like a ventriloquists dummy... a goccle of geer cleese...

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Stephanie had a family around however she certainly appeared to have suffered emotional neglect. She had parents who appeared to put their own needs above their child. We certainly see that in the relationship between her and her mother and even her beloved father appeared to prioritise his own needs and settled for extravagent presents to show his love for his only child. We know that she adored DJ, who indulged her whims. I can't help but wonder what kind of man he was. I have the impression of a man who would pick and choose when he wanted to play the doting father with an open wallet and when he wanted to be left to indulge his hobby. I suspect he may have been a difficult and selfish man to live with. We have commented often that she seemed to be an inconvenience for them - left to play alone or shunted off to her maternal grandmother or a school friend for holidays or handed over to Scotman to take care of her. There is little evidence of care or warmth in her childhood.
Many children do thrive under these circumstances and worse. If they have personal resilience and emotional support from someone who cares about them, they can certainly achieve great things. They may have less in the way of material comforts but having an emotionally available adult to support them is key - this doesn't have to be a parent in a dysfunctional family. I am sure many of us relate to growing up in a family with little spare money but feeling loved, cared for and protected but have a healthier outlook than an indulged only child left to amuse herself and to stay out of the way of her busy parents. Stephanie's care and emotional provider seems to have been an adolescent Gerry. I suspect this is why she needs to keep Larkin, Ollie and Potts tethered to her and possibly why she feels the need to live in a commune. She had to love up to her mother's plans for her - Oxford, the opera training, elocution lessons and I imagine that it was a constant struggle constantly striving to achieve this. I think she has been affected by early emotional neglect and who knows what else - let's not forget Daddy's paintings!

Not all of the children I worked with were the product of sterotypical disadvantaged families - there were quite a number from dysfunctional but affluent middle class families.
I can't say I can find any kind of sympathy towards Stephanie Jarvis. She is and will continue to be (without serious effort on her part) hopelessly spoiled. She had and has people around her that care for her, in their own ways. Some of us never had that, and speaking for myself here, I decided to become a decent person by my own merit, not by examples around me, and it took a great deal of working on myself. Stephanie Jarvis is a spoiled brat and her only skill is knowing full well how to pluck people's emotional stings to get what she wants.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
If those pigeon pictures could talk.......
“Oh that’s a new face, not seen him before” “oh here she’s go’s with the dialogue that she tells them all” “oh just move my hot water bottle, it’s normally all I have to keep me warm”

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 8
I wonder if Larkin has taken an alias as a Tattler?????
...❤...
...the wait for sj to put the pieces together is getting tiresome. ...the betrayal...will...no doubt...rock her world...
...in the mean time...she keeps eliminating the wrong ones... oh well...patience grasshopper...patience...

Reactions: 16
Isn't Philip born and bred a German? Is his mother Italian then?
Neither! He is from South Tyrol!

So what is the nationality or native language for someone who is from that region?
The nationality is mostly Italian (although there are also parts in Austria), but don't call somebody from there Italian, they are very proud of their unique cultur.

The language is something similar to German, although a German speaker will have a hard time to understand it

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
Neither! He is from South Tyrol!

The nationality is mostly Italian (although there are also parts in Austria), but don't call somebody from there Italian, they are very proud of their unique cultur.

The language is something similar to German, although a German speaker will have a hard time to understand it
Es is scho deitsch, aber wir hom an eiganen Dialekt. Sogoa jeds Bundesland hot an eigenen Dialekt. Und bei uns in da Steiermoark hot sogor fost jede Region an eiganen Dialekt.

Now you know.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
So what is the nationality or native language for someone who is from that region?
According to Google German is the predominant language.

The native language breakdown in South Tyrol is as follows: 70% German, 25% Italian and 5% Ladin. Ladin is a Romansh language spoken in the Dolomite valleys of Val Gardena and Alta Badia. The school system in South Tyrol is separated into three languages.

Citizens are technically Italian but are said to feel Austrian.

Es is scho deitsch, aber wir hom an eiganen Dialekt. Sogoa jeds Bundesland hot an eigenen Dialekt. Und bei uns in da Steiermoark hot sogor fost jede Region an eiganen Dialekt.

Now you know.
Man könnte fast meinen die Sprache wäre mit Deutsch verwand :)

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.