The Chateau Diaries #155 Snorty is a big time vlog killer! Just like 11 year old preserves he is not good

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@silvergirl i bet all her friends think the same thing, I bet it was cute and novel at first for them, “she going viral on YouTube, people are helping her do major renovations at her farm” now I bet its “she livening off donations from the internet” i get 2nd embarrassment just thinking about it.
Embarrassing indeed, but not for this charlataine, who does not give a flying f**k where the money comes from as long as it's coming in. She has made up this story that whatever she does on the internet is now work, hard work even and she believes she is entitled to every penny for it. She takes pride in having created her own job and spreads the illusion of being a successful designer. She is completely illusional and everyone around her knows this, but no-one will tell her to seek the help she desperately needs, because no-one actually loves her, they just appreciate the luxury it provides them.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 45
My great granddaddy was a bootlegger and my mama was born in a log house. I’m right there with yah. 🤣
My grandfather brought “goods” across the Canadian border during Prohibition. He had a fleet of cars at the time I was told years ago and the last trip one night long ago they had to abandon everything and escape. Seriously. His photo from that time reminds me of the Prince Matchabelli cologne commercial from the 80’s (or 70’s)? Wish I could go back in time……

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
.that woman is insane..totally..
I agree, but not half as insane as her loyal viewers who actually live for this content and are drooling all over every second of it. When Stephanie Jarvis first started putting her life on the internet, discovering the ancient profession so many hookers before her did but without factually being screwed, she thought she needed to put quality out. It took her hours and hours to take only one picture for Instagram and edit the hell out of it so that it could portray her fabulous life. By now she knows there's no need for quality and, as the bloopers she left in lately make very clear, no need for editing either. She is not interested in growing her channel, she's completely invested in trusting she has found a base following that will love her and her shite no matter what. I sometimes begin to think she might be right, but I hope she's not and the day of reckoning will come. She has stolen so much by now, there's no way back anyway.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
Reply from de lalacelle to my comment that montages of things already done lazy vlogs

Highlighted reply
1UXGz_O3DFfkeHKvVwKVak2w=s88-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj.jpg

Escape To The Dream, Restoring The Château.

20 hours ago
Thank you but this is far from a lazy video, the amount of work to create it took a week to put together and to find each clip from over a year of work. As you will have seen we have been working on the cottage to get the cottage watertight. Kind regards
Show less

I think they missed my point that we have already seen it so whats new. Tell me is this reply better than a delete???

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
I have the feeling it'll be open sooner than that. Rustic charm playing a big part, with a Provençal feel to the decor despite her location. Eventually though, she won't be satisfied with just Emmaus and brocante tat. Daddy's 'art' will feature. She'll approach Spode to be a stockist, Limoges, 100 Stars, Toile de Jouy, with hats, socks, scarves, books, trinkets and locally produced jewellery etc. When that happens, expect a bigger store made up of several rooms with plaster and panelling, hung with chandeliers. Then... it'll be tea rooms and the cycle will continue with scones from the local boulangerie and hand made sandwiches made in the chateau kitchen. Caveat emptor on tasting the 11 year old preserves.
Spot on, @Iolair !
I am still baffled, however, about "the gift shop" idea. who will come and buy their "merchandise", in the back of beyond? Even if the BnB guests have to take the "exit through the gift shoppe" there will not be enough emptores, ever!Personally, I'd rather go to Emmaus directly! :LOL:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
I can't sleep, have a massive amount of yardwork to do tomorrow and need to be up early to beat the heat......never fails!

Anyhow, I watched the newest CD vlog. Honestly, if I have to watch one more video of her and her boy-child cleaning another hallway, I may just die. Someone needs to tell Stephanie that watching her clean areas that are cluttered with junk that represents years of laziness and neglect is not my idea of interesting and fun content. And watching Philip avoid manual labor is not interesting or fun, either.

I was intrigued when Stephanie said she was having a party with people "she'd met in Venice". So, I stuck around for the entire thing. Did I misunderstand what "met in Venice" means? I thought it was brand new people she had just met, randomly on the street or something! It took me a minute to recognize Tess, since she was wearing actual clothing - and it wasn't black! Her hair looked like she'd stuck one of Philip's forks in an electric socket, though!

View attachment 1365996
I thought it was interesting to see that the new fiancé was instantly introduced to Stephanie Jarvis' HMN on their return from Venice, showcasing Tess' intentions with him. When she was still with Adam Guettel, the guy with serious money to spend, they avoided going there like the plague as Tess was always anxious she would loose her guy to the charlataine. Makes me think the new lover is not much more than that, a lover for the moment, a plus-one for her friends party-pad-palace where she will hopefully run into the next one.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 29
It's still shocking how Philip walks around the place as if he is the sole owner...
SJ is going to have a difficult time if ever, prying him out of there.
All jokes aside ........ she will be having a shocker of a time getting him out !

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
I'll actually defend Amaury on this one. (And did find his routing jig very clever.) Both Mr. T Rex and I are home/boat DIYers who do a LOT of projects, and we're very meticulous- even if we are in the midst of a project, tools get put in the proper place at the end of every day, things are tidied up and we are constantly cleaning as we go- there is nothing I abhor more than disorganization (and it has been mentioned before that Amaury dislikes others borrowing his tools or using his workshop- like Dan). It does take more time, but I can not function in a messy workspace, either, so props to Amaury. It's different if one has a deadline for a customer, but Amaury is at LaLa-ande, where timelines and accounts are not important. I can't fault him- the work shop IS his solace, and the one place in the Chateau that he can keep chaos in check. (Somewhat- he needs an electric fence to keep clingy Herr-Nutti at bay, though.) He was on point about the router bits as well (they are dear, and one bit does not last forever, especially on hard woods, so I am glad he was able to get this through to Fanny, as she was probably questioning these expenses.
Husband watched it and said he's probbably only ever worked alone and with tools all that pristine has never worked on jobs with other trades, working to tight deadlines. Perhaps what he's done before has only ever been bespoke orders, working to his own timescale. Nutti is like the grim reaper turning up every five minutes.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
I thought it was interesting to see that the new fiancé was instantly introduced to Stephanie Jarvis' HMN on their return from Venice, showcasing Tess' intentions with him. When she was still with Adam Guettel, the guy with serious money to spend, they avoided going there like the plague as Tess was always anxious she would loose her guy to the charlataine. Makes me think the new lover is not much more than that, a lover for the moment, a plus-one for her friends party-pad-palace where she will hopefully run into the next one.
  • What a motely crew Tess and her entourage are? Very rude of Fanny not to introduce them as though viewers are just supposed to know who they are. I notice Tess's doll isn't on the terrace. Clara, doesn't Tess usually bring her doll for drinks and dinner?
  • I quite enjoy bringing together a broad range of dinner guests, but that is a very eclectic odd mix of individuals.
  • Thought that was a very pedestrian, week night dinner. A jungle theme (?) with pork chops, clean vegetables, simple white rice and vanilla ice cream. Fanny certainly wasn't trying to impress her guests with that meal. I'm sure Shirley and Laura are lovely ladies 🇨🇦, but I felt a bit embarrassed for them. Has Marie done a runner?

Attachments

I think the La La party is going to be like that Frye festival on Netflix.
This has to be a thread 🧵 nomination! So funny…two pieces of white bread slapped together with a slice of Kraft cheese. 😂

(I’m super behind - so sorry if someone else already nominated it!)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
Reply from de lalacelle to my comment that montages of things already done lazy vlogs

Highlighted reply
View attachment 1366114
Escape To The Dream, Restoring The Château.
20 hours ago
Thank you but this is far from a lazy video, the amount of work to create it took a week to put together and to find each clip from over a year of work. As you will have seen we have been working on the cottage to get the cottage watertight. Kind regards
Show less

I think they missed my point that we have already seen it so whats new. Tell me is this reply better than a delete???
Give them credit for replying. Think it's better than a deletion.

• Heart
Spot on, @Iolair !
I am still baffled, however, about "the gift shop" idea. who will come and buy their "merchandise", in the back of beyond? Even if the BnB guests have to take the "exit through the gift shoppe" there will not be enough emptores, ever!Personally, I'd rather go to Emmaus directly! :LOL:
I think they’re just giving Snorts something to do to keep him out of the way. Or, this is Snorts’ latest attempt to make himself useful, since table setting isn’t exactly an irreplaceable skill.

Honestly, what’s it like to wake up one morning and say “today, I think I’ll start a table setting vlog!” or “today, I think I’ll stay in bed until 1:00 pm then drink the rest of the day!” or “today, I think I’ll open a store!” The day-to-day life at the farmhouse is little more than jumping from one whim to the next. Whatever thought or idea pops into SJ or Snorts’ head is the focus of the minute. No clearly identified long term plan or goals. Just living one day to the next. The only time I can remember being like that was in my childhood during summer break…no responsibilities, no worries about bills or money, doing what I wanted, playing with my friends. SJ and Snorts are like kids that never grew up. If the store fails, who cares? No worries… there’s loads of cash coming in every month.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
What is Natti's job? She doesn't answer e-mails, she opens and stacks gifts, she doesn't cook, she doesn't clean, she doesn't do the shopping, she's rarely on camera any more... Got her slippers well and truly under the bed there.
Maybe SJ "stuck" with her. We have seen that Natti is signed in the founding papers of the Association as, it seems to me (I do not remember well), a treasurer.

• Wow
Reactions: 13
In defence of Amoury, he waters garden in the morning, takes an hour to fill tank. Did (still could be) come and help Dan whne he stuffed up, helps Phillip anad Stephanie move furniture etc when they doing a vlog. Has Natti disturbng during the day and is a waiter for guests. To do machinary jobs safely you need time with no interuptions otherwise you really get nowhere. Oh and is he expected to do teh evening dishes as well, in winter fix the heaters the list goes on. oh and listen to Phillip poyificate on about nothing and allergies.

Oh and loved bomb by his cousin, has a pink phone in his face. He isnt doing an eight hour day on woodwork, where you could produce. No wonder he gets peeved. has his head done in and doesnt feel like producing.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Embarrassing indeed, but not for this charlataine, who does not give a flying f**k where the money comes from as long as it's coming in. She has made up this story that whatever she does on the internet is now work, hard work even and she believes she is entitled to every penny for it. She takes pride in having created her own job and spreads the illusion of being a successful designer. She is completely illusional and everyone around her knows this, but no-one will tell her to seek the help she desperately needs, because no-one actually loves her, they just appreciate the luxury it provides them.
Charlataine Fanny, has lived on the farm 15 years and it’s still a hovel, it’s only took Michelangelo 4 years to paint and install the panels of the Sistine chapel and he wasn’t a painter, and she thinks she has talent, she nothing more then a cheap, washed up magicians assistant hustling for money for her freak show.
She wouldn’t know good design if it hit her in the face! She’s probably confused as to why her rampant rabbit has bunny ears.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
  • What a motely crew Tess and her entourage are? Very rude of Fanny not to introduce them as though viewers are just supposed to know who they are. I notice Tess's doll isn't on the terrace. Clara, doesn't Tess usually bring her doll for drinks and dinner?
  • I quite enjoy bringing together a broad range of dinner guests, but that is a very eclectic odd mix of individuals.
  • Thought that was a very pedestrian, week night dinner. A jungle theme (?) with pork chops, clean vegetables, simple white rice and vanilla ice cream. Fanny certainly wasn't trying to impress her guests with that meal. I'm sure Shirley and Laura are lovely ladies 🇨🇦, but I felt a bit embarrassed for them. Has Marie done a runner?
It was noted that Tess was more suitably dressed for dinner. Also the collection of coins, the ones that they were going to revalue in 10 years!

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 20
If I was a Patreon I'd want to see my name on the back of the panelling. Wonder if she will have that done for them to see? Or maybe she will give them a sharpie to write their own name?:unsure::rolleyes:
Patreon's names must be pinned to an African vase and hung from the latest chandeliers. The names of the patrons should also be pasted on the suitcases.
The panels are a small amount compared to other things Fanny paid for with the patron’s money.
And yes: Where are the bills, What's going on with the renovations.

Reactions: 13
It's still shocking how Philip walks around the place as if he is the sole owner...
SJ is going to have a difficult time if ever, prying him out of there.

She mentions her mother quite often these days. Odd SJ does not facetime her on camera as she did when "mummy" first left.
Odd Percy is having passport trouble...
I'm guessing such odd trouble equates to excellent excuses for not visiting the farm again this year.
Î think it is most likely Percy’s passport trouble is that he cannot trouble himself to put it in his pocket and go to the airport. It is not a travel department snafu.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.