The Chateau Diaries #155 Snorty is a big time vlog killer! Just like 11 year old preserves he is not good

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh, she has, several times. She uses a broom to knock the nests out, or rather, she has someone do it for her, every year. It's a mystery to me why she forgot about it this year. Maybe because Isabelle Jarvis has not been around? She takes care of that normally.
Never too late to alert the cruelty to animals authorities.

Possible €9,000 fine.

Attachments

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
I could be wrong, but I don't expect more than 200 people to show up, and that's being optimistic. Fanny is planning on a low turnout, thus the lack of planning and late notice. Fanny didn't even provide an RSVP deadline so she could confirm numbers, because she's not expecting many guests.

Most patrons live quite a distance from Crozon-sur-Vauvre and the majority of the patrons are American.
It takes time and planning to travel to Crozon-sur-Vauvre and you don't go there on a whim.

Travel to the shiteau is:
  • 4 hour drive from Paris
  • 2.5 hour train to Argenton Sur Creuse + a 40 min taxi ride that costs atleast USD100
  • 2.0 hour train to Chateauroux + 35 min bus ride to Neuvy Saint-Sépulchre Place du Champ de Foir + a 20 min. taxi ride that costs atleast USD
With that in mind:
  • It's unlikely Fanny going to put on coaches to and from either Argenton Sur Creuse or Chateauroux stations to ferry patrons?
  • There are very few places to stay in Crozon-sur-Vauvre, so will patrons be keen to do a long return trip from/back to Paris in one day? It can be done, but how many will be prepared to drive or travel 8 hours in a day for an afternoon tea party?
  • Overseas travel is expensive, especially now. If I were a rabid patron willing to spend time and money to travel to Lalande, I'd prefer to book at full weekend as a B&B guest and have and entire evening and dinner with Fanny (and hope for an invite to a kitchen dance party)
  • How many will be prepared to travel overseas to France just for an afternoon tea party? The patron party would form part of a larger travel itinerary which most people would co-ordinate & book well in advance
  • Two months is relatively short notice and most people have already planned their travel for this year
  • Anyone with school age children likely aren't coming because Fall (or as Snorty says, Autumnul) term starts in early September.
  • Unlikely Nick and Marie be there if Anton is starting back at school. Nick won't be there anyways - what's he going to do, walk around with a bag on his head the entire day? Potty may be there since the Patron Party falls during the week in between the Dutch Grand Prix and Monza.
If she does pull it off, Fanny better hope for sunny skies, because that could be a very soggy tent, muddy back garden and many dripping wet people traipsing through the shiteau.
I bet that taken photographs inside the chateau is forbidden as well. As they are planning on small tour groups it would be difficult to get your phone out.

Reactions: 20
The Richmond and Jarvis family “charm” of smoke and mirrors played on a large audience for financial gain. (The Argentenian Bully has no charm.)
The sad (funny) things is there is no Financial gain on the Channel 4 thing, they are not paid to be on the show, but they do have a contract hence why she cant show anything or get any other brand deals (paint company's, wallpaper) fanny has never had a sponsors and i bet its because shes awful to work with, she will wont the most for very little.

Reactions: 12
Boom boom boom go those jungle drums 🥁🥁🥁 They'll be no stopping this rabid lot of patreons, they've been cooped up for 2 years!
Do you think they'll all show up in mosquito-repellent see-thru jackets? What will the dress code be? Is there such a thing as Louis XIV codpieces?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
I'm Irish and roasting a new potato is sacrilegious to us. A good new potato should be simply steamed with some mint and served with sea salt and quality butter. A meal in itself.
Off Topic

I agree a new spud should be steamed, buttered and minted. That said, my Aunt stayed last week and treated me to her special nuggets.

Parboil quarter-cut roasting, floury potatoes - drain well.
Add a couple of tbspns of oil and shake well in lidded pan to break scarify their surface
Put into a 205deg Celsius oven with finely chopped rosemary/thyme (or whatever) in hot duck fat, olive oil or clean lard.
Cook until golden brown - 25- 35 min
(some gild the Lily by adding a coating of Panko, Semolina or Flour, but imho it’s quite unnecessary!)

I’d forgotten how awesome they are

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I agree, he seems like an extreme hobbyist. By that, I mean he is very good at it, but could he earn a living at it with the pace at which he works. He is pretty ocd and perfectionistic with his work. Which is great but does that translate into a real world income if he were working for customers who need the work quickly and he had to cover his own overhead of utilities, workspace, etc. He also gets to take many vacations and breaks, and sets his own work hours. Serving or answering to one master (one client) could ease up the pressure, however, at times with Fanny, could also increase it terribly since he has to drop the woodworking to tackle any other issues that come up at the Shittoo. He hasn't been working woodworking routine hours weekly at the Shittoo for the many months he has been there.

Maybe he is high strung or prone to anxiety if he had to produce the volume of work a fully employed craftsman would have to do without vacations or time limits. He may just be slow. He gets exposure on Channel 4 for his work. His equipment looks new, very pristine, and color coordinated. Fanny pays for his overhead and provides a workshop, materials, volunteer labor when needed, and exposure via the videos and channel 4 and he stays on the property and handles all of the daily problems, covers for her when she is vacationing, and is a character in her videos and tv footage, playing the genteel, loving, polite, adoring cousin, to make her look good and attract an audience. He likes the slow pace at the Shittoo.
He's had more holidays in this last year than my husbands had in the last five! As you say he's working for one customer, not running jobs for several clients at the same time as working on bigger renovations. Definately a bit OCD going on there too. He'd have a fit is he saw inside the back of husbands van, that get's worse as the week goes on and by the weekend it looks like someones thrown a grenade in the back.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Honestly if this event happens it’s going to be a disaster and if it doesn’t, it’s going to be one too. She’s really boxing herself in with this one.

I wonder if Amaury will be forced to go shirtless for the entirety of the event???? “Don’t look over there, look at this hunk of man!”

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
The sad (funny) things is there is no Financial gain on the Channel 4 thing, they are not paid to be on the show, but they do have a contract hence why she cant show anything or get any other brand deals (paint company's, wallpaper) fanny has never had a sponsors and i bet its because shes awful to work with, she will wont the most for very little.
I wonder if the notoriety and exposure leads to financial gain thru Patron recruitment and YouTube views. And one day, if they want to try to brand some merchandise to sell. Or maybe Amaury wants to try to get a show on wood working. I think Fanny was trying to get attention so she could try to get a job as a travel correspondent or an interviewer, etc.

Reactions: 14
Oh I hope he brings his bees ...... I am sure Squirrel Boyfriend would be allergic to them ........ perhaps they are "Killer Bees" and if so .... I would point them towards the Squirrel !!!
I wonder if you are able to bring a hive of bees into France from the UK?

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
I just hope we can get DaphneReloaded, St. Kathy of Lidl (FKA Queen Kathy) and Queen @Jules100 there on the same day kicking off in the marquee with pitchforks and burning torches calling for her head.
tumbler to the terracotta tiles, all the better

And if someone could gentle nudge themselves into the SA vase for it to accidentally tumble to the terracotta tiles, all the better

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
@JackSpratt I wonder if he's just been a fabricator, making just window and door frames, i think its clear he wasn't worked on major projects before, too much of a perfectionist, time is money but i guess when its not your money there is no problem.
didn't he fit a new window in fannys London flat?
Again you can see he has no experience working with a client, he should be keeping fanny in check with deadline, as hes the one with the skills out of the two of them.
Absolutely.

Reactions: 9
The more I think about it, the “patron event” really is one huge middle finger to Fanny’s supporters. These are the people who give her tax-free donations of over $34K per month. And yet she approaches this event as an afterthought…an inconvenience. Why don’t people see through the charade? Unbelievable.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Oh I hope he brings his bees ...... I am sure Squirrel Boyfriend would be allergic to them ........ perhaps they are "Killer Bees" and if so .... I would point them towards the Squirrel !!!
Would he be allowed to move his bees from the UK to an EU country now

Reactions: 5
I love that you've credited the pair of them with enough entrepreneurial know-how and competence to arrange that in time for Sept, and yet, they cannot publish their association accounts from 2020 and 2021.....…( edited)
I'm so so so hoping the dissenting patrons who're gathering under the cover of darkness turn up en masse and express their displeasure. We now know when Patreon Day is due to take place so we could air bomb the chateau with leaflets detailing our grievances.
I’m so up for a donation to facilitate this community act of goodwill.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Steffi sent me a picture of the accountants, before she will reveal them in the vlog.

ocument-paper-sheet-page-check-mark-tick-ok-vector.jpg

You see everything is ok, no need to talk about them anymore.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Oh hell no she would not try it on the Tree Guy........ I bet she has seen the movie Fargo ..... Tree Guy has one of those wood chippers !!!🏴‍☠️
I noticed she took an uncharacteristically thorough interest in the firewood cutting machine. :unsure:

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I wonder if the notoriety and exposure leads to financial gain thru Patron recruitment and YouTube views. And one day, if they want to try to brand some merchandise to sell. Or maybe Amaury wants to try to get a show on wood working. I think Fanny was trying to get attention so she could try to get a job as a travel correspondent or an interviewer, etc.
Thats a good point but its risky, C4 will drop her, as soon as there done with her, as the most of her Patrons are American i cant see the numbers growning that much from the show, as for YT the odd video mite get received good, but i think her fans base has peaked now, Fannys filthy farm house is stagnant, and people have short attention spans, her new "content" is as dull as her "boyfriend"

Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.