The Chateau Diaries #153 She looked old as Christ's donkey, although she was dressed as a spring virgin

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
No, that's the most expensive way. You can get to the airport by catching the bus or shuttle from Piazzale Roma, that you can reach either walking or by vaporetto. Piazzale Roma is the place where all the cars and buses reaching Venice stop and where are all the parking lots.
Shh dont tell my husband, I will tell him thats the only way. I always do at least one extravagant thing every holiday and that may have to be it. Lucky for me he never asks what things cost, but we have to get there first and it's a long way from here :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Speaking of Selmar.
The situation about Selmar drives me crazy. There is so much here that a story can be written.
Someone wrote here that she was attracted to Stephanie (to CD and ETTCDIY) by the story of a strange woman who gathers people and volunteers from all over the world in her chateau.
Well yes. And I was fascinated by that detail because I would be scared. You never know who these people are and what their intentions are. I really admire her there.
My main question (I’m not defending SJ) is how to explain to someone like Selmar or FRK that it’s time to leave?

Because, yes, LL is Stephanies house and everyone else is passing by.
In addition, all the volunteers who come, come with the assumption that they will be there for a while and that they have to move on. Selmar and FRK obviously had nowhere to go, they saw money, there is room for living, something is happening non-stop and they saw themselves there. They thought that in that space and crowd, they do not bother, and do not cost much, but contribute.
At one point, when you have guests who have stayed too long, you have to be "rude".
And that's what happened. In LL they were rude to them. Now the only question is: How rude?
And yes, I think we need to hear that story because SJ used them both for her own personal gain.

Maybe I'll start writing that story.
Ah but you forget. Fanny made Selmar & Marie think that they were so much more than just workers or guests. They were made to believe they were special friends, valued workers. Your theory that people must expect to move on after a while doesn't hold water when you look at Nati, Dan & Phi Phi all living under her roof. Is it acceptable to be rude to trusted workers & friends? I think not.
There is always an ulterior motive behind whatever that charlatan chatelaine does.
The main reasons why these two had to go is because they were starting to be onto Fanny's use & abuse wash cycle. The slow realisation that perhaps they had been taken advantage of not just for their work, but their devotion to someone who didn't value them. We can see what is happening. Maybe Tati was digging at Selmar, seeing what was being done & saying to him you should ask for proper pay (rightly or wrongly). He had to go because she wanted to fund Amaury, didn't want someone who had the audacity to supplant HER with another woman in his heart. Marie's days were numbered when they wanted her flower workshop space for was it Nati's apartment. She was in the firing line when she found another supporter in Nicola.

People are simply not allowed to drop Fanny. She has to do that. From a great height. So she will have put Selmar (Mummy said he was a gift from God) & her special BFF Marie (you do know I love you Marie..said time & time & time again).
The problem with narcissistic abuse is that it is a very long term realisation that you have been dropped. It is the cognative dissonance between how you were treated with flattery & closeness & confidences shared with them, what words have been said - set against very harsh realisation that it was - ALL FAKE.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
When I went to Venice (and Florence) for a 'significant birthday', it was approx €150 one way, and you had to book weeks in advance, and that was in late September. We left it too late and so we had to take a public water taxi. I think that was about €20.
I take that back.. I can go public, that will leave more $$ for Aperol, all travel tips appreciated ;)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Ah but you forget. Fanny made Selmar & Marie think that they were so much more than just workers or guests. They were made to believe they were special friends, valued workers. Your theory that people must expect to move on after a while doesn't hold water when you look at Nati, Dan & Phi Phi all living under her roof. Is it acceptable to be rude to trusted workers & friends? I think not.
There is always an ulterior motive behind whatever that charlatan chatelaine does.
The main reasons why these two had to go is because they were starting to be onto Fanny's use & abuse wash cycle. The slow realisation that perhaps they had been taken advantage of not just for their work, but their devotion to someone who didn't value them. We can see what is happening. Maybe Tati was digging at Selmar, seeing what was being done & saying to him you should ask for proper pay (rightly or wrongly). He had to go because she wanted to fund Amaury, didn't want someone who had the audacity to supplant HER with another woman in his heart. Marie's days were numbered when they wanted her flower workshop space for was it Nati's apartment. She was in the firing line when she found another supporter in Nicola.

People are simply not allowed to drop Fanny. She has to do that. From a great height. So she will have put Selmar (Mummy said he was a gift from God) & her special BFF Marie (you do know I love you Marie..said time & time & time again).
The problem with narcissistic abuse is that it is a very long term realisation that you have been dropped. It is the cognative dissonance between how you were treated with flattery & closeness & confidences shared with them, what words have been said - set against very harsh realisation that it was - ALL FAKE.
Exactly. It makes me wonder what all the other walk on players are thinking about their time at shittooville. We talk about FRK and Selmar because they regularly pop their heads over the parapet for the next enthralling episode in their life but look at how many have been and gone over the years. Maybe they were lucky and weren’t love bombed but to just take one Sabina, at one time it looked like she was the favoured bff.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Exactly. It makes me wonder what all the other walk on players are thinking about their time at shittooville. We talk about FRK and Selmar because they regularly pop their heads over the parapet for the next enthralling episode in their life but look at how many have been and gone over the years. Maybe they were lucky and weren’t love bombed but to just take one Sabina, at one time it looked like she was the favoured bff.
I'd forgotten about Sabina as basically I usually only watch what Tattlers flag up of interest & never watch Chateau Diaries vlogs at anything other than speed through mode. 4 months ago vlog from Fanny when she's trying on the Shilotti dresses & Sabina is dressed like a peasant from a 19thC costume drama & she's being pointing the pantry with Dan.
4 months ago Marie is posting that she is happy in Hawarth, she's filming her on a road trip with Nicola going to Scotland & she's setting up one to one floristry workshops.
So here we have Sabina as the new queen in the kitchen, one to one with Fanny glass of champagne in hand celebrating 50 million views.
So it's a FU Marie. Making out that you are all fine & dandy without ME. The one who made you what you are.
We're great, we're fantastic, we're glamorous, we're successful, we're popular, we don't need you - you're totally replaceable.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Stephanie Jarvis and Philip Janssen have been tweaking the timeline again. Speculation is rife that Philip wants to upstage Stephanie Jarvis and that She is getting tired of vlogging. Friends I bring you the new LaLaland character... Daisy the drag queen gardener.
1655546066240.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Speaking of Selmar.
The situation about Selmar drives me crazy. There is so much here that a story can be written.
Someone wrote here that she was attracted to Stephanie (to CD and ETTCDIY) by the story of a strange woman who gathers people and volunteers from all over the world in her chateau.
Well yes. And I was fascinated by that detail because I would be scared. You never know who these people are and what their intentions are. I really admire her there.
My main question (I’m not defending SJ) is how to explain to someone like Selmar or FRK that it’s time to leave?

Because, yes, LL is Stephanies house and everyone else is passing by.
In addition, all the volunteers who come, come with the assumption that they will be there for a while and that they have to move on. Selmar and FRK obviously had nowhere to go, they saw money, there is room for living, something is happening non-stop and they saw themselves there. They thought that in that space and crowd, they do not bother, and do not cost much, but contribute.
At one point, when you have guests who have stayed too long, you have to be "rude".
And that's what happened. In LL they were rude to them. Now the only question is: How rude?
And yes, I think we need to hear that story because SJ used them both for her own personal gain.

Maybe I'll start writing that story.
I suppose Dan is her next victim

• Sad
Reactions: 24
I remember the shitolaine saying that she had only 2 bad experiences with work away volunteers and had to ask them to leave. I’m wondering what the problem was? 🤔 may be they just didn’t want to do the work that she asked them to do which is NOT renovating or restauration or ‘special favours’

Reactions: 16
get-together-get-it-together.gif

Stephanie Jarvis is having a difficult time with the comments from the latest flog. She (and/or Philip Janssen) was/were altered to a spam problem by liliboo and did nothing about it for 17 hours. Now she has a new problem, with replies,19mins. ago.

liliboo
20 hours ago
Is the message Text me on telegram genuinely from Chateau Diaries or a scam? I notice there's several of these messages on different replies and just want to check it out.

The Chateau Diaries
19 hours ago
It’s definitely a scam!

Catherine Evanoff/our12
4 hours ago (edited)
I want to let you know that there's somebody out there creating I think a false Channel saying that telling me I'm a winner and for me to text them on Telegram and they have their channel name is the Chateau Diaries or something like that with no spaces in between each word if I can figure out how to copy and paste it to you the message I will I just don't want to if it's a bug or some sort of virus I don't want to send it to you so I just think I'll notify you like I'm doing that somebody out there is trying to get people to click on their site because he's saying that we won a prize cuz we always watch
I COPIED AND PASTED THE MESSAGE I RECEIVED. IT IS BELOW :
Text me on telegram at thechateaudiaries replied: "Thanks for always watching and commenting. You have been selected in my draw ✨ Winners should text on telegram to claim their prize. (Only Winners)." 3 hours ago

The Chateau Diaries
3 hours ago
Oh dear, which platform did they contact you on? I’ll look into it - thank you for letting me know!

The Chateau Diaries
3 hours ago
I just found them and blocked them - I’m so sorry about that!

Stephanie Jarvis' new problem...

TC0CPT75AHuUBri-EKeZrDpI=s88-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj.jpg

♜ WhatsApp + ①④②③③⑧①⓪③③⑧
19 minutes ago
ʟᴇᴛ'ꜱ ᴛᴀʟᴋ ᴏɴ ᴡʜ-ᴀ-ᴛ-ꜱ-ᴀᴘᴘ .👆👆✍.....

They have replied to many commenters with the same message. 🤪

Rita Smith
21 hours ago
What is the music playing while you're cleaning the hallway?

The Chateau Diaries
3 hours ago
Sorry, it was a spam account pretending to be me. I’ve deleted it now

Stephanie Jarvis and Philip Janssen are going to hate their lives this summer. 😂

Oracle
1 day ago
Stephanie why don’t you show you’re Housekeepers more often?

The Chateau Diaries
2 hours ago
Good point, I’ll try to do that more

DAWN GOUGH
1 day ago
Oh no, so we’re not going to see anything of Venice? 😥

The Chateau Diaries
2 hours ago
I was only there for two days, so I decided to have a mini break instead of filming a full video. But I also think that there’s so much happening at Lalande at the moment that it’s good to focus my videos there. The winter is a better time to film my travels, when there’s not much happening in the garden and woods at home 😊

...and one more for fun...

Amy Gordon
15 hour ago
pls get the rid of the dutch danseuse, he can't make the difference between Olive oil sent and old grand ma panties, poor boy

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 36

Very well spoken Princess & The Pea.

• Heart
Was that Carte Vitale or Carte du Séjour? If it was Carte Vitale I must have missed it somewhere.
Now you've said that, you've got me wondering now I think it was CDS not CV. Pretty daft if he hasn't got a CV and even more so if he hasn't got a CDS as he shouldn't be here at all.

Reactions: 10

OMG. I look at that story, obviously, superficially because I forget NA.
That part about narcissistic abuse I always get out of my head (ignore) because I don’t understand it. I only read about it here and I can’t relate anything I read to anyone around me. It’s hard for me to understand that kind of abuse.
It seems that I should be grateful and happy to be lucky that I have never met such a personality.

• Heart
While I'm hiding in the shade here in France I have realised that I meant to thank the tattler who recommended 'Lion'. I had it downloaded so was able to watch it on my long ferry trip. The actor that played the little boy was amazing, and what a story. In bits by the end.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I wonder if Michael already has one of these

h115145.jpg

Would match all the other Spode in his collection...

• Haha
Reactions: 12
OMG. I look at that story, obviously, superficially because I forget NA.
That part about narcissistic abuse I always get out of my head (ignore) because I don’t understand it. I only read about it here and I can’t relate anything I read to anyone around me. It’s hard for me to understand that kind of abuse.
It seems that I should be grateful and happy to be lucky that I have never met such a personality.
Indeed. It certainly destroyed me for a while. So when you see the red flags of the same type of behaviour playing out again it is plain to see.
This was what Marie wrote at a time when she thought she'd made a lifetime friend & had got a proper role in the chateau. Whether or not she is a likeable person or seems weak she was conned by Fanny & used as a cast member for her vlogs. Read this and see how she was embedded into the fabric of how the chateau ran at one time. Then death by a thousand small cuts, oh we need your studio, oh Nati is now doing bookings, emails blah blah..and so it goes.

• Sad
Reactions: 28
View attachment 1351849
Stephanie Jarvis is having a difficult time with the comments from the latest flog. She (and/or Philip Janssen) was/were altered to a spam problem by liliboo and did nothing about it for 17 hours. Now she has a new problem, with replies,19mins. ago.

liliboo
20 hours ago
Is the message Text me on telegram genuinely from Chateau Diaries or a scam? I notice there's several of these messages on different replies and just want to check it out.

The Chateau Diaries
19 hours ago
It’s definitely a scam!

Catherine Evanoff/our12
4 hours ago (edited)
I want to let you know that there's somebody out there creating I think a false Channel saying that telling me I'm a winner and for me to text them on Telegram and they have their channel name is the Chateau Diaries or something like that with no spaces in between each word if I can figure out how to copy and paste it to you the message I will I just don't want to if it's a bug or some sort of virus I don't want to send it to you so I just think I'll notify you like I'm doing that somebody out there is trying to get people to click on their site because he's saying that we won a prize cuz we always watch
I COPIED AND PASTED THE MESSAGE I RECEIVED. IT IS BELOW :
Text me on telegram at thechateaudiaries replied: "Thanks for always watching and commenting. You have been selected in my draw ✨ Winners should text on telegram to claim their prize. (Only Winners)." 3 hours ago

The Chateau Diaries
3 hours ago
Oh dear, which platform did they contact you on? I’ll look into it - thank you for letting me know!

The Chateau Diaries
3 hours ago
I just found them and blocked them - I’m so sorry about that!

Stephanie Jarvis' new problem...

View attachment 1351879
♜ WhatsApp + ①④②③③⑧①⓪③③⑧
19 minutes ago
ʟᴇᴛ'ꜱ ᴛᴀʟᴋ ᴏɴ ᴡʜ-ᴀ-ᴛ-ꜱ-ᴀᴘᴘ .👆👆✍.....

They have replied to many commenters with the same message. 🤪

Rita Smith
21 hours ago
What is the music playing while you're cleaning the hallway?

The Chateau Diaries
3 hours ago
Sorry, it was a spam account pretending to be me. I’ve deleted it now

Stephanie Jarvis and Philip Janssen are going to hate their lives this summer. 😂

Oracle
1 day ago
Stephanie why don’t you show you’re Housekeepers more often?

The Chateau Diaries
2 hours ago
Good point, I’ll try to do that more

DAWN GOUGH
1 day ago
Oh no, so we’re not going to see anything of Venice? 😥

The Chateau Diaries
2 hours ago
I was only there for two days, so I decided to have a mini break instead of filming a full video. But I also think that there’s so much happening at Lalande at the moment that it’s good to focus my videos there. The winter is a better time to film my travels, when there’s not much happening in the garden and woods at home 😊

...and one more for fun...

Amy Gordon
15 hour ago
pls get the rid of the dutch danseuse, he can't make the difference between Olive oil sent and old grand ma panties, poor boy
'Fanny say's "there's so much happening at Lalande at the moment".....wtf is she smoking???? There's so little activity at the shiteau it's currently on life-support and not far-off giving last rights and pulling the plug.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
I thought they were far too milky, only 4 eggs for that big quiche? and all that milk, no wonder she couldn't fit it all in..
IMO the best Quiche is with 4-5 eggs ( depending on size of eggs) and 1 can evaporated milk a sprinkle of flour and then any vegetables or meats and cheese- extremely creamy and perfect ratio , The only food I have been impressed with at the Shitooo is the bread from the Boulangerie

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.