The Chateau Diaries #150 Stephanie Jarvis Wipes Back to Front - The Lalande Way

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Depends on how many people watched her ads, whether they were skippable, etc. It's not the # of views the video gets, but how many of those views watched the ads. It's why a lot of these vloggers have started making their ads "unskippable" or are adding more ads to their videos.
I have read over the past couple of years that it's around $14 per 1000 views.....I don't know if that's gone up or down since I last checked. If she had an affiliate or sponsorship, it would be much more money lost to her.

I read once that a vlogger got a million views on one of his videos - it went viral - and he was paid almost $100k for it. He did an interview and confirmed it. I wish I could remember his name.....but it was one of these one-off videos that really caught him by surprise. He hasn't done anything comparable since!
Thanks for that info. Working on that figure, currently approx $1000 minus YT fees etc. Ordinarily, not a bad day's earnings is it? Or, 3 vlogs per week @ $1000 each at the very least (conservative figure as ordinarily her vlogs attract average 100K views), therefore $156,000 pa just from YT - outwith her Patreon account earnings. Totally unbelievable!!
Well none of us watch the ads, do we? Thank God! But, I am certain that all her patrons do plus the currently "unaware" of SJ's smoke and mirrors HMN set up.
Yes, I have heard of some vloggers' videos surprisingly going viral, ordinarily for very good reason - they are making a statement or carrying a message.
Some of Billy Petherick's recent vlogs have reached over 300K. His "We bought an Abandoned Convent" has to date 1.2M views. He's obviously raking it in BUT he doesn't covertly film private locations acting like a bone fide "professional" tour guide without permission, does he?

Reactions: 21
Reply to my email to Sissinghurst.
"Many thanks for being in touch with us about the Youtuber at Sissinghurst. You are quite correct, we do charge for commercial filming and photography. We use the funds from these projects for the conservation and preservation of our sites. We do check the content or ask that our own staff are interviewed to assure the content is correct.
We are not aware of this project and therefore I will be in touch with them over the next few days to make them aware of our policy and ask that the content is taken down.
Thank you again for alerting us to this."

No reply yet from the V&A museums.
Omg I LOVED IT!

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Thanks - I did not know it was a British invention! I'm not a fan of it, myself.
I don't think it's sold much in England anymore, per below article, which is probably why TRex is exporting it!

The Untold Truth Of A.1. Sauce (mashed.com)
I absolutely hate brown sauce. Actually don't particularly like any type of "add on" sauces. Ketchup only with fish and chips - that's it. But, strangely enough, love Marmite, especially on toast or crumpets. 😁

• Heart
Reactions: 6
My husband does did this! When we retire, when we sell the business, when we buy property!!!! I know now he never ( we ) never will retire, nor sell up the house and business and retire. So now he promises, when we slow down lol I don’t listen anymore.
My X used to do this constantly. Not surprisingly, 100% the reason why he is the "X". ;)
Take it from me @mrsp67, there will come a time when you both will reach the stage of "enough, is enough now" and finally decide to take things easier. I had lived my entire life like a hamster on an ever spinning treadmill, then suddenly decided, no more! I personally couldn't recommend it more highly. 😁

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I find her videos extremely boring. She doesn’t talk to the camera. Looks everywhere else. Keeps repeating herself and laughing. I just can’t watch them. I have to fast forward through.
I am interested in the building enough to speed watch, but yes, her eyes wandering everywhere (sometimes not quite in the same direction) and the ''heehee ...so yeah'' every few minutes makes my teeth itch. It must be a family thing because Billy does it too:confused:

• Haha
Reactions: 13
From yesterday's, 6/5/22, CD's live chat...
Stephanie Jarvis and Philip Janssen did not participate (again) in the live chat but were active in the comments after the flog aired.
Manor and Maker showed up as soon as Nathan Payne mentioned the Lalande logo. 🤔 They dipped out as soon as Cara said hello.
They have also changed their YT name and avatar, from Manor and Maker to Manor and Maker, Chateau Adventures in France, after the flog aired. Why??? 🤔
Was Jason Dubey hired to be the live chat greeter??? He did provide a time line about Grant's stone edge.🤫
jason dubey.png

d09de006-2f69-4353-8247-9eb05cfb2786_text.gif

Jason Dubey Hello!
Jason Dubey @DeAnn P Hi DeAnn! I just got back from Europe and Lalande yesterday
Jason Dubey @Lou Hello! I just arrived home from Germany yesterday. I visited Lalande as well.
Stella Marie Poetry and Green Arts Did you must have felt surreal @Jason Dubey
Jason Dubey @Stella Marie Poetry and Green Arts It was great!
Peggy Vick No fair @Jason Dubey
Jason Dubey @Peggy Vick I know, but somebody has to do it!!..LOL
Peggy Vick Aw @Jason Dubey Rub it in. I’m not allowed to go according to my Autistic grandson! He says I’ll never come back!
Jason Dubey @Peggy Vick Mayve you two should plan a trip to Lalande

3jLv.gif

Patricia Jamieson yesterday was my 64th birthday, today is Amaury's birthday ... Gemini man
Patricia Jamieson thanks it was a good day and this morning the scale told me I have lost8 Lb.
jetje goes dutch @Patricia Jamieson i am thinking a lot of you.. hope you are doing better sweetie xxx
Patricia Jamieson @jetje goes dutch still angry about my car being stolen and him abandoning his cats here but I have accepted that he didn't want to be here and I wish him no ill will
Patricia Jamieson Thanks everyone I am just 64 and after all these years I am ok with myself , He was very nice and at one point I think..
Patricia Jamieson I loved him to the exclusion of all else, including myself... gotta love me first before I'm capable of loving another
jetje goes dutch @Patricia Jamieson i sooo agree!!!
Patricia Jamieson I have have a few middle of the night texts from an unknown number and I think it's him but when I answer I get no reply so it could be a wrong number every night about 3 A.M.
Patricia Jamieson it won't show the number so I haven't figured out how to block it yet

1654517312200.png

Anders Bundgaard Hello Everybody from Cph🇩🇰🇩🇰

200 (2).gif

Jason Dubey Is Stephanie back home from London?

b48730f6-c696-47bb-a084-8a6c443eb513_text.gif

Arlene Hildred My puppy Pepper knows what time it soon will be- we wait for the premiers every week- and as soon as she hears Stephanie's voice she runs to watch with me!
Jason Dubey @Arlene Hildred How sweet is that? My little Sebastian watches with me sometimes, but Im home at the BnB and Sebastian is in the gallery in Lake Tahoe today.

kaylawallace-feelbutter.gif

Larissa P Hello everyone! Cozied up eagerly awaiting the premier as I watch a torrential downpour outside. I love the sound and I love that I’m not going to have to water today.
Jason Dubey @Larissa P Yes, it is a nice rainstorm here in the Gold Country as well. Very cozy inside the Historic American River Inn

7XQa.gif

Jason Dubey @DeAnn P There was an amazing thunderstorm when I was buying art in St. Paul de Vence (South of France) just before I went to Lalande. Crashing thunder and lightning
Nathan Payne @Jason Dubey I accidentally misread what you said and I thought that you said that you were BURYING art!
Jason Dubey @Nathan Payne LOL....Marc Chagall did bury his art in the ground before his exile in California during the Second Great War
Nathan Payne @Jason Dubey Now THAT makes some sense!

200.gif

Nathan Payne The LaLand monogram is very nice...
Nathan Payne Whoops! I missed the -e in LaLande!
Manor and Maker Evening all
Patricia Jamieson @Manor & Maker hello and how's it going you former Canadian residents?
Beverly @manor&maker I do know of where you speak
Manor and Maker Hi Beverly I grew up in KIncardine not to far away

giphy.gif

Sharon Will Isabel and Percy be visiting Lalande anytime soon?
Peggy Vick Anyone know when MUMMY & Percy be back
Peggy Vick Isobel doesn’t know the meaning of relax.
Sharon So much work has been done at the chateau since Isabelle was last there, she may find it hard to just go there and relax:)
SparkleDammit @Peggy Vick Agreed mummy doesn't know the meaning of the word!
Nathan Payne @SparkleDammit Indeed!
SparkleDammit Guys, I'm so proud of Stephanie, and Dan and everyone at LaLand to be honest

200 (1).gif

Nathan Payne I will have to leave shortly; I have to catch a Google Meet with my friend. It has been nice speaking with you all!

1654515564551.png

Lisa Kilmer Hey everyone -- you can hit LIKE already!
Jason Dubey @Lisa Kilmer but i don't know if I like this one yet!!..just kidding!
Lisa Kilmer Wow, I never knew you bought a place with no septic! @the Chateau Diaries
Jason Dubey This is beautiful! The fountain at Lalande is one of my absolute favorite features. I love listening to it, and just sitting there.
Lisa Kilmer @the Chateau Diaries Your self-deprecation is remarkable - and charming! (re: "wasteland chic").

c3d7a7fb-7bf7-4e7f-8bc8-f7d9e4f0cba4_text.gif

Percy Attfield Good evening from Centurion. Watching not talking tonight.

200 (2).gif

Lori M Did I see Ian back at the land on Dan’s video? Is he working there again?
My Christmas Emporium When will the render be done do you think?
lawjoy72 Does anyone know if Matt went back to the UK?
Weasel™@The Chateau Diaries speaking about tiles, have you seen the amazing tiles by Anna from Lafleur????

200 (3).gif

Lake Lili @Manor and Maker - pink chiffon is definitely you Steve!
Manor and Maker That was a fun day
Manor and Maker Lake lili. It’s my colour I think
Cara Winsor Hehir @Manor and Maker hello coles!
Manor and Maker Hello Cara

056cd298eb710261072d2a14aaef731c_w200.gif

Jason Dubey Grant and Amaury did a very nice job edging the courtyard.
Jason Dubey I was there when he was working on this
Jason Dubey Nice work Grant!!
Isabelle Jarvis Your mother is delighted! Well done Grant!

giphy (1).gif

Stella Marie Poetry and Green Arts troll alert
Hannah10 THE STALKER IS HERE AGAIN. HOILP AGAIN
Yesenia from L.A. @Hannah10 Hello
Stella Marie Poetry and Green Arts @Yesenia from L.A. hanna10 is a troll
Val Slater @ hannah10 who is the stalker?
LaReyne I can't see the troll I obvs blocked them already
Yesenia from L.A. @Stella Marie Poetry and Green Arts❣❣❣❣❣❣❣❣❣
jetje goes dutch @Natasha where's you machete???
Stella Marie Poetry and Green Arts if we all block and report hanna10 they won't bother again
Edward Kenneth YES THANK YOU FOR ANNOUNCING YOURSELF @Hannah10 THE STALKER
Yesenia from L.A. @Hannah10 stalker? Lalanders welcome all, even stalkers

f90ea5cb-0c15-4f13-bf2c-365408282bec_text.gif

Peg Peg Patreons pay for the trips taken also

see-you-next-time-doodybeard.gif

Jason Dubey That was sweet! Until next time
Percy Attfield See you all in the new week.
Isabelle Jarvis Goodnight everyone thank you for being here! Love
Laura Claudia I love the change! So gorgeous to see greenery in the yard!!! Thank you again, darling Stephanie @the Chateau Diaries

👍
DeAnn P Please hit LIKE
Lenora Cooper Hit the LIKE button!!
jetje goes dutch thumbs up all

noice-icegif-4.gif

Stella Marie Poetry and Green Arts report them @jetje goes dutch and block too go to their page click 'about' and block user

• Heart
  • Sick
Below is the message I have received back from Sissinghurst a couple of minutes ago. RESULT!!!

Many thanks for your email. We have received several complaints this morning about this project and we are working with the site to address this. The project does not have our permission and therefore will be contacted to take down the content as will Youtube.

Again, thank you for your time in alerting us about this.
Well done and thank you to all that acted on this xx

• Heart
Reactions: 20
RE: Steve. He did digitalise the tiles and handed over the files to Stephanie, I just can't remember which vlog. I believe it was around Christmas time. That time when Sara had tried to sew the Mrs. Maisel dress. Nothing much have come about it since then.
@6:26 Stephanie Jarvis refers to the tiles as the best Christmas gift. Good luck trying to get paid, Stephen Cole.

• Heart
  • Wow
A nouveaux lord of the stool? Certainly an intimate servant? Are these folks paid much?
SJ will have one soon... so snuggly warm in the winter

Omg I LOVED IT!
I can't wait for the explanation given

I absolutely hate brown sauce. Actually don't particularly like any type of "add on" sauces. Ketchup only with fish and chips - that's it. But, strangely enough, love Marmite, especially on toast or crumpets. 😁
I'm a Bovril girl xx

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
I'm guessing Dan put together last night's video...SJ does not have the talent to piece together a story.

Love Anna's tiles. So creative. However, the plain white tiles remind me of my mother's 1960s bathroom. I think the border tiles are unnecessary.

Awesome sleuthing @Summerbaby

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Below is the message I have received back from Sissinghurst a couple of minutes ago. RESULT!!!

Many thanks for your email. We have received several complaints this morning about this project and we are working with the site to address this. The project does not have our permission and therefore will be contacted to take down the content as will Youtube.

OK, please fess up.
Aside from me and @Princess and the Pea, who else reported SJ's recent vlog as NT said that they had received several complaints? She and I obviously can't take all the credit.
The Extraordinary Garden of Viginia Woolf's Lover (note incorrect spelling!)
I personally didn't even watch it, didn't have to to know that it was against NT/YT filming permissions and regulations. And, thanks to @Lalablaablaa for spurring me on yesterday in sending my complaint email.
Extremely glad to see that NT took it very seriously though, and their remarkably swift response too. Excellent, they obviously feel to need to 100% protect their properties and brand too, it's a given!
Actually, I was primarily more incensed by SJ's title alone - just WTF in this day and age and, it was 100% created entirely for clickbait purposes. She and PJ must have sat in bed thinking long and hard over copious glasses of alcohol thinking about that title, especially in the light of their own relationship, perhaps? Don't you know, that they are just so avant-garde themselves, so no problem whatsoever, aren't they - NOT! 🤮

Would also be extremely interested to learn how many complaints were sent regarding the V&A vlog too. I have already worked out which 2 Tattlers did - good for them, but presume there are more here? Sincerely hope so. I personally didn't. 😁

Full disclosure, I did actually alert the original USA Peacock wallpaper manufacturers to the fact that their design had been copied and was being used as a logo for the HMN. Never received a response but, present day, as I mentioned earlier in this thread, that logo is not now being featured by the HMN on their website.

Hey, Stephanie Jarvis - any pleb knows, that flaunting and/or ignoring copyright/filming/consent issues has far reaching legal ramifications. IMO, you will now need to hire an experienced solicitor in that area of the law. Your YT manager will obviously not help you.

You're very welcome in my giving you the "heads" up. Personally, I feel that it may be a little too late. 😁

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Not the only time Stephanie is experimenting with clickbait titles. She has retitled episode 78. It was called "Birthday Photoshoot At The Château"
Click Bait.png

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
I'd be really interested to hear what @Clara makes of this. I'm sure Clara is pretty familiar with Tina's shop and would be in a position to be able to confirm this.
I’m not in any position to check the shop myself (it’s closed for holidays now anyway) but I doubt Tina will want to sell anything for Stephanie Jarvis, after the accusations she made against her husband Ian.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 32

Wait a moment, Stephanie did wrong by not having a permit to film for her YouTube business, right?

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.