The Chateau Diaries #149 Jason Dubey said: "Complete Isolation And Desolation Of This Place"

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
“The great thing with a garden is; you can always start over” 😆
A comment lifted from the Chelsea Flower Show flog, some very good points tbh.
The answer to the initial question is that the English lady got a Belgium designer to plan a French garden.
394AFC0A-E836-4907-B7B0-042DF1E6FF91.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
The answer to the initial question is that the English lady got a Belgium designer to plan a French garden.
View attachment 1307254
Sorry I cannot take this too seriously. Anyone who states that they love Fanny’s shittoo must be lacking in perception. What is there to love in the crumbling car crash of a propretry.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
And Fanny wasn’t really in their vlog…just Phillip lol

💁1.5 hrs one way to work. I heard a quote something like Americans think 100 years is a long time and Europeans think 100 miles is really far lol
100 miles is a long trip here when you consider the small roads and numerous roundabouts we have. 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 15
@Pyke that video is fabulous….and was my Christmas hosting experience in 2021! Thanks for posting.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
The gardening at Lalande could be so much much for us to watch
Grant has eaten TOO many steaks in the first video clips.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
Yes, you're right. I think it was when she was hosting one of her world renowned (irony alert) music workshops that she said something like that. I'm going to search back. If she had more than 15 guests she was breaking chambre d'hote regulations. Silly Fanny. If you're going to break the rules you shouldn't be daft enough to boast about it on camera & post it on line. But that is your arrogant nature - flaunt Covid rules, don't file taxes. Silly numbers don't mean anything to superior being Stephanie. But hey, Al Capone thought like that & it didn't turn out so well for him did it.
She definitely rents the whole chateau out to the previous owners, the Nadilac family at least once a year

• Wow
Reactions: 14
My friend P. has applied to HMN to volunteer this summer. He hopes to hear from Natti by return email, I tried to explain she is rather slow in that department, however the promise of a booze filled harvest may jog her along and get him there soon, Steph would suddenly love visiting the walled garden in all her vlogs.

• Haha
  • Heart
View attachment 1307254
My garden aesthetic is quite different, and I live in a sub tropical Zone 10. However, I think Davey’s rejigging of the entry parterre and the pleached trees is inspired. Despite serious limitations he’s added a sense of arrival and a scale previously lacking.

I think it’s how she says it as it’s very childlike and irrating, whereas the Irish way is charming - It’s a normal Irish thing to continue to call your parents mummy, mommy, mammy, daddy into adulthood and throughout your life.
Interesting. In all my time living in Northern Ireland I've never once heard that.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I think Johnny has a good chance of winning. Got caught up in the lawtube stuff on YT and some of them were in court and it sounds like their best guess on the reactions they saw from the jury is that most of them are team Johnny. I love the idea of Johnny winning and being awarded $7M and then him giving it to charity. I do think that even if he doesn't win, the court of public opinion has been very much on his side and if the studios are paying attention they will see that and know he's cleared his name even if some legality or something keeps the jury from making him the winner. The courtroom antics and crazy witnesses and blunders by lawyers and the amazing judge, it has been super entertaining. I think there will be a verdict before the end of the day tomorrow. If not I think that means things look less good for Johnny.

Now that is even better than an upgrade!! :)
@LadyRosalie. Thanks Lady Rosalie. I agree with your assessment. Johnny has been, it seems, enjoying the circus and has provided free entertainment!! Amber comes across as a whiney narc!! He has certainly won the public over, and hope his career gets back on track. He is an amazing actor.

My garden aesthetic is quite different, and I live in a sub tropical Zone 10. However, I think Davey’s rejigging of the entry parterre and the pleached trees is inspired. Despite serious limitations he’s added a sense of arrival and a scale previously lacking.
Except this isn’t a chateau nor did it need a sense of arrival. It was a working farmhouse and vacation home for the de Nadaillac family until Madame la Fanny simply HAD to have it. It might be a chateau in name but it was always a fortified farmhouse in reality.

Reactions: 12
A new group of lovely guests who checked in yesterday with enthusiastic gasps as everyone first saw the Chateau and it’s beautiful pool and gardens. Dinner was asparagus with homemade lemon mayonnaise,shoulder of lamb with artichokes followed by white chocolate mousse black olive caramel and the sweetest strawberries from Clery.

Now this is something that you would never hear from Fanny as it would never be true. This quote is from Chateau St Victor la Coste. I don’t know as I haven’t looked into it but I bet these guests have not paid any more than they would have paid to stay at shittooville and just look at the difference of accommodation and hospitality offered. I know where I would rather be.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Yesterday's, 5/30/22, gift grab live chat...

1653996145365 (2).png

The first gift that was opened was a tea caddy from Brigitte and Roger.
Stephanie Jarvis, Philip Janssen and Natalia Oliveto had no idea what it was called. 🤪🤪🤪
According to Nutti, Stephanie did not meet them because she was busy filming.
They visited 2 weeks ago.

1653990338800.png
1653990371280.png

@bbdesignscreaties
2 weeks ago
#chateaudelalande

dana2.png

Joy Eddlemon Just finished Dana’s Cookbook video. Hello everyone
Lee Kempter what is Dana's cookbook vidoe name ?? I want to watch
Brenda M Bonjour bonsoir hola ciao kiaora hello my loves just watched @Danas Cookbook fabulous
Lee Kempter Is her channel just Dana's Cookbook ?

you-are-late-judge-judy.gif

Bruce Barnett she is late again

help-wasabi.gif

Philip Janssen Hi everyone!!
Percy Attfield Help all
Percy Attfield Hello not help
M Parker @Percy Attfield that REALLY made me chuckle. I imagined the stir as all of LaLanders sat up straight and started to the airline sites to purchase tickets to SA and come rescue you
Percy Attfield @m Parker😂

1653993113420.png

Sarah Yates Hi @Philip Janssen how did your play go? Has it finished now ? Xx
Philip Janssen @Sarah Yates It has finished! It was such an incredible experience, I loved every second of it :)
M Parker @Philip Janssen on to Rebecca next!!
Philip Janssen @M Parker Absolutely!!
Sarah Yates @Philip Janssen glad you enjoyed it you’re really good
Philip Janssen @Sarah Yates Thank you so much!

No answer...
DawnAlive Where in the world is the chapel restorer?

trolol.gif

Carol Z There’s been creepy people in the comments lately , pissing me off, that are anti-cadeau
M Parker @Carol Z everytime LaLande gets some publicity on the more public line, a bunch of paid trolls are hired to get on here and make dumb comments
Philip Janssen @Carol Z @Sarah Yates Did I miss something?
Carol Z @Sarah Yates I will! I haven’t engaged myself because the one last week was clearly NUTS.
M Parker @Carol Z I was musing on how bad a low your life would have to have to accept the job as a Paid Trolls and spend your time attempting to destroy people. Can you imagine???
Sarah Yates @Philip Janssen you never miss anything sweetie . Carol Z has noticed some trolls lately on the vlogs. So far tonight we’re good! X
Carol Z @Philip Janssen Yeah, he (?) left at least 10 comments over different threads. Totally bonkers.
Philip Janssen @Sarah Yates @Carol Z Ah alright! Just let me know their names and I’ll try and sort it out :)
Carol Z @M Parker This person either was a non-English speaker or illiterate.
M Parker @Carol Z I think he's from that truly ludicrous LaLande Bashing Site. it's almost laughable that they feel LaLande is such a threat that they pay pple to sit around and waste their time
Carol Z @Philip Janssen Will do!

giphy.gif

M Parker @Philip Janssen can you tell Natie that I love her ring?!
Philip Janssen @M Parker Will do! I believe it was a gift from Cadeaux :)

Laura Claudia=Stephanie Jarvis 🤫
Laura Claudia Hello dear @Philip Janssen!!!
Philip Janssen @Laura Claudia❤
Laura Claudia @Philip Janssen How are you, dear Philip? Are you going to have any more projects this summer?
Laura Claudia @Philip Janssen Not that the Chateau is not busy enough!!!!
Philip Janssen @Laura Claudia I’m doing really well! I haven’t got anything else planned yet :)
Laura Claudia @Philip Janssen Time for a holiday!!! I hope you will have a great summer!!!
Philip Janssen @Laura Claudia Likewise!
Laura Claudia @Philip Janssen I like wise as well!!!

mass-church.gif

Sarah Yates @Philip Janssen please can you light a candle for my Dad Wed 8th June having double heart bypass surgery x
Philip Janssen @Sarah Yates Of course, will do!
Sarah Yates @Philip Janssen and if you wouldn’t mind I’m having a biopsy under general anaesthetic on Thursday 9 th June the day after xx
Philip Janssen @Sarah Yates Oh my! Of course, I hope everything goes well for you both!
Sarah Yates Thanks @Laura Claudia just to add to the mix my Mum starts her radiotherapy June 6th

200.gif

Anders Bundgaard Hello from Copenhagen
jetje goes dutch @Anders Bundgaard hey hey lovely gifts you gave sweetie xxx it was nice to see you xxx
John E. Coughlan? What happen to Loki Cleveland?
jetje goes dutch @John E. Coughlan we don't know , think about him and michael a lot
Brenda M I do miss @Donna Davis Art @Loki Cleveland hello my loves out there

doMYyV.gif

Maria K @Philip Janssen I have missed your brocante trips & porcelain finds!
Philip Janssen @Maria K I’ll upload a new video soon!
a aea @Philipp Jansen we miss your Channel

200w.gif

Hanna Young @Philip Janssen Curaçao is made with dried bitter orange peels, it can be dyed blue.. Glen and Friends did a taste test of all .. I cant havent due to allergies.
Philip Janssen @Hanna Young Oh cool! I can’t have orange peel either :)
Hanna Young @Philip Janssen , yeah I react to it , I learned that the hard way, I only get blister around my mouth but it isnt fun.

its-always.gif

John E. Coughlan So Lalande is turning to an art gallery.
June Parris nice for a LaLand exhibition day with tea
jetje goes dutch @June Parris i agreee

8917de69-77e4-4fe4-9b7c-9866035a5c63_text.gif

Sarah Yates @Philip Janssen what size clothes is Stephanie please xx
Philip Janssen @Sarah Yates I think she’s a UK 8 or 10, depends on the clothes!

Percy Attfield Goodbye for tonight.
Philip Janssen Thanks everyone
Laura Claudia @Philip Janssen thank you for being here tonight!!!

Anders needed to be seen in the comments...
Anders Bundgaard
10 minutes ago
72.png
72.png
72.png
=
72.png
72.png

its-fraud-fraud.gif

Dawn Trueman
19 minutes ago
I wonder if followers could send gifts with *contents of shipped package are a charitable donation for recipient of Cadeaux Youtube monitization: available for sale at auction" on the address on the package so that you could sell them on Ebay to donate to your chosen charity.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Comments from Dana's first flog...

Margie Lynch

13 hours ago
Are you and Dan dating?

larrimo s
11 hours ago
How gauche.

Margie Lynch
11 hours ago
This is not the Margie Lynch that watches all the videos. I don’t know if I have been hacked or someone is using my name. I would never ask a rude question. I only found out when I looked at my page!

Margie Lynch
9 hours ago
@larrimo s My name is Margie Lynch. I did not ask that rude question. I watch Dan’s videos and would never disrespect him like that. My phone was hacked. Someone made ugly comments on all the videos that I subscribe to. Will try to fix it. I am sorry, but I don’t recognize the person on the cooking show.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Exactly. The location of that property away from prying eyes suits Fanny so she can go about her business without scrutiny. There is always an ulterior motive with everything that she does. Loking at the rules of chambre d'hote/gites etc there are a number of reasons why she is deliberately muddying the waters with regard to private/rental accommodation & possibly why she has little interest in expanding the business because of pesky regulations.

An entirely different regulatory and tax regime operates for hotels. Plus she will need to be more formalised in her business operations, risk assessment, hygiene certificates, fire safety etc..all open to 'outsiders' having to come into the property. I reckon that areas of that place wouldn't past muster in terms of electrical safety & certainly that kitchen would be condemned as not fit for human food prep!! Income Tax, social security. VAT all higher if she expands.

Interesting article from 2019 from a property sales company: https://www.french-property.com/news/french_business/hotel_or_chambre-dhote/

"Some chateau owners seeking to run a chambre d’hôte are being advised that their property must be classed as a hotel, with significant financial implications.
Many people have been inspired by the adventures of Dick Strawbridge and Angel Adoree on the Channel 4 television programme 'Escape to the Chateau'.
The code de tourisme limits the size of a chambre d’hôte to a max of 5 bedrooms, accommodating a max of 15 persons. Beyond this threshold the property is considered to no longer qualify as a chambre d’hôte.
In 2 recent cases that have come to our attention, the local council & prefecture have been unwilling to accept the registration of the properties as chambre d’hôte on the grounds that the property exceeded the bedroom limitation.
In one case, the owners were not proposing to provide regular bed and breakfast accommodation, but to merely let out the property for occasional weddings, with the provision of overnight accommodation included in the package.
Even though the owners might not be obliged to run the business as a 'hotel', they were subject to the public access building norms of such a denomination.
The owners have therefore been faced with the choice of either carrying out very substantial works to bring the property to the required standards - health and safety, fire, and mobility access - or of abandoning the project. The cost of the works in both cases were estimated at over €200,000."

Also I wonder if the local Maire is interested in what is going on at the chateau? It would be dreadful if the town was being deprived of the visitor taxes that each person should be paying to the town.
For the attention of tit hot PA Nati : here's the info you need for doing the paperwork pet.
There is a specific form (Cerfa N° 14004.01) for you to complete, which you can obtain from your maire. You would be best advised to send the information by recorded delivery or deliver by hand, in order that you can obtain a formal acknowledgement of receipt of the information.
There is a fine of around €500 if you fail to declare, although the authorities are not particularly draconian in their enforcement procedures.
Yes. I was wondering if they collected taxe de séjour for their booked/paying guests? Once upon a time it was up to the Mairie/municipality whether or not taxe de séjour was to be levied. But it all changed a year or two before covid. All letting properties are included. So it doesn't matter if it's a gîte, chambre d'hôtes, hôtel, shed at the bottom of the garden or boat, caravan, tent. Any property that is available to rent, taxe de séjour is applicable to each "body" of majority age. The owner of said property is responsible for collecting the monies and paying it over at the end of each season. You can either collect it as an extra amount to the rent you charge or include it in the booking price. Can't remember how much it is now, maybe €1,20/€1,50 per day per person? It pays for local tourist offices, advertising of the area/region and such like. And they check and have access to the booking websites etc. In fact, companies like Airbnb, VRBO, TripAdvisor etc., are legally bound to supply this information. And it must be included on your personal impôts, if you are not a business. Everything is checkable!

100 miles is a long trip here when you consider the small roads and numerous roundabouts we have. 😂😂
I used to drive up to 2 hours to work when I lived in the UK. It was no biggie. I worked on contract and went where the work was (and the money!). Now I live in France I find it highly amusing that the locals find driving 20 minutes (18km) to the nearest big town a long way and make a day trip of it 😅

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Very true. I still don’t understand why they can’t put in a bit of effort and at least bring bags with them to put the bread in…. I couldn’t believe she was eating pieces of bread on the way back from shopping with Grant and it had been laying on the cardboard box from the store.
No one can resist a nibble of freshly baked baguette on the way home, it’s normal behaviour in France

Reactions: 6
I was actually wondering last night about what happened to that guy who was asking for donations for his heart surgery. Stephanie was supporting his request and so was Percy who replied as if he knew the guy when asked about the how the surgery went.
Who know why this popped into my head. 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 12
@LadyRosalie. Thanks Lady Rosalie. I agree with your assessment. Johnny has been, it seems, enjoying the circus and has provided free entertainment!! Amber comes across as a whiney narc!! He has certainly won the public over, and hope his career gets back on track. He is an amazing actor.
Amazing actor. My favourite Johnny Depp films are Secret Window and The Ninth Gate.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.