The Chateau Diaries #147 Fanny knows, with sadness, the only cock she will see every morning is Spud

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hey, everyone. It's my first post.

I only discovered Chateau Diaries a few months ago. I got hooked and started watching in chronological order. I'm caught up to a little bit past Easter 2021. I actually really like Stephanie and almost everyone at the chateau. She has a really fun light hearted personality and when she does the "hosting" thing, she's actually good at it. Like, good enough to be on tv. So her channel and a lot of what goes on at the chateau is delightful to me.

But I had to come here because there's just something, or someone, that's just driving me nuts. It's the boyfriend, Phillip. Maybe it's because I'm watching the episodes so quickly that everything feels rushed, but he feels like a total con artist to me. He's a manipulative little hedgehog, isn't he? He shows up in like September 2020 and a mere three months later, he cohost and star of the vlogmas videos. And by Easter, it seems like he's a full on partner in the channel and the chateau! Like, what the hell. I've seen this before with fashion and beauty influencers. They get with some guy, she puts him on the payroll as the "editor" or "photographer", and when they inevitably break up, it's extremely ugly and the influencer suffers financially as well as emotionally. But this typically happens to young women who are like at least 20 years younger than Steph. How could she not see through the obvious mirroring he does! He'll sometimes even repeat after her, word for word. If I have to hear that man coo "It's so bew-tee-faaalll" or see him flounce around in her clothes one more time or laughter that fake laugh of his or have to look at that pudgy face with those nostrils shoved into the camera, I might stab myself in the leg. He's got total Talented Mr. Ripley vibes. I feel like he studied her and deliberately showed up there, willing and ready to play Straight for Pay in order to weasel his way into her life and her growing YouTube empire$$.

Anyway, I just had to get that off of my chest. I'd been enjoying the show, I still do. But it feels like it's been high hacked by this guy. A guy who's such an obvious fake you'd think a 46 year old, well educated, and experienced woman would be able to see what he's doing. He's bad vibes all around and I feel bad for her. I'm just hoping he goes away soon. The feel of the vlog has changed and I didn't sign up for The Phillip Show.
You are the best! I will name my first child after you, even if they are purple. Kelleygreene tell your parents they did a great job.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21

I only discovered Chateau Diaries a few months ago. I got hooked and started watching in chronological order. I'm caught up to a little bit past Easter 2021. I actually really like Stephanie and almost everyone at the chateau. She has a really fun light hearted personality and when she does the "hosting" thing, she's actually good at it. Like, good enough to be on tv. So her channel and a lot of what goes on at the chateau is delightful to me.

But I had to come here because there's just something, or someone, that's just driving me nuts. It's the boyfriend, Phillip. Maybe it's because I'm watching the episodes so quickly that everything feels rushed, but he feels like a total con artist to me. He's a manipulative little hedgehog, isn't he? He shows up in like September 2020 and a mere three months later, he cohost and star of the vlogmas videos. And by Easter, it seems like he's a full on partner in the channel and the chateau! Like, what the hell. I've seen this before with fashion and beauty influencers. They get with some guy, she puts him on the payroll as the "editor" or "photographer", and when they inevitably break up, it's extremely ugly and the influencer suffers financially as well as emotionally. But this typically happens to young women who are like at least 20 years younger than Steph. How could she not see through the obvious mirroring he does! He'll sometimes even repeat after her, word for word. If I have to hear that man coo "It's so bew-tee-faaalll" or see him flounce around in her clothes one more time or laughter that fake laugh of his or have to look at that pudgy face with those nostrils shoved into the camera, I might stab myself in the leg. He's got total Talented Mr. Ripley vibes. I feel like he studied her and deliberately showed up there, willing and ready to play Straight for Pay in order to weasel his way into her life and her growing YouTube empire$$.

Anyway, I just had to get that off of my chest. I'd been enjoying the show, I still do. But it feels like it's been high hacked by this guy. A guy who's such an obvious fake you'd think a 46 year old, well educated, and experienced woman would be able to see what he's doing. He's bad vibes all around and I feel bad for her. I'm just hoping he goes away soon. The feel of the vlog has changed and I didn't sign up for The Phillip Show.
You should watch him today on the Grabeau... (Incredible antiques for the chateau)... Phillip can't believe his luck, he's creaming his panties at all the freebies, I get the impression he thinks he's included in all the gifting...

Was she measuring for radiators to be installed in the future, in addition to the ones already in place?
Or was she measuring those already in situ, with the view to having Amaury making wooden covers for them? I can't imagine her buying brand new radiators, but having those already in existence reconditioned, or buying second hand radiators to have installed, then covered by Amaury.
They were measuring for new radiators, something to do with the size of each room not having adequate radiators, she did at least one episode of her and Amoury measuring.. So I assumed they were ordered... she made enough fuss over it.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Do I like much to rain on Stephanie Jarvis' parade? You bet I do, especially when she keeps hiding the truth in smoke and mirrors. In her narrative it might seem completely normal that some random stranger drives up to her shittoo to offer her two huge chandeliers he has painstakingly renovated himself, for free, just because he loves her so much. In the real world, where fairy tales like that don't just happen, the accountant will want a receipt for the amount of patron money spend on those luxurious (but in her HMN still misplaced and damn right ugly) excesses. Good luck with that, miss Jarvis. I urge you to remember that if I have personally seen the cheque you wrote for Anders (for over 23000 euros, that's right, in France people still use cheques) a lot more people have seen it too and believe it or not there are people around who are even more chatty than decent little me. Also, remember to make a note of the cash you gave Anders on top of it, as gas prizes are high and the poor guy had to come from so far. I don't blame you for cutting that footage out of your flog, but would hate to see it disappear from the books too, as you just made such a brilliant start with the new accounting software.
This is the most serious allegation I’ve ever seen on here.

You cite firsthand knowledge of behaviour that plumbs the depths of both moral and financial deception. You allege an act, that while amateur in methodology, is certainly tax fraud.
Your assertion means that Anders lied as did Jarvis. Nati ( business manager) and Philip are party to this ‘crime’ and anyone in the loop will be complicit and party to fiscal fraud. The extent of this fraud will, ostensibly, involve both the Danish and French tax departments.
Surely the online dissemination of this fraud, under the guise of beneficent gifting, would surely finish off Ms Jarvis’ UK TV inclusion, kill her YouTube channel and stop Patreons’ donations (once uncovered).
If the dogged French Revenue Dept did their worst ( and we know they can and do) …..her bed might even be a tad firmer and her meals delivered through a hole in a door.

Of course, this needs to be proven. This is an instance where a photo might help the prosecution.

• Wow
Reactions: 31
You are the best! I will name my first child after you, even if they are purple. Kelleygreene tell your parents they did a great job.
She made it through the Tomas vlogs, the labouring Michael and Stephanie 4 Eva vlogs etc to when Philip arrived and still loves it? even bearing in mind the poster may not have been exposed to the tattle analysis on the Fanny/Snorts saga, it’s still a thin reason to go loud and proud on tattle. It may not be the weekend but….. I’ve been wrong before but I have my doubts.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
YOU ARE SINGING TO THE CHOIR!
I just can't with this guy. I know she lives in the boondocks and that there probably aren't any suitable men around. But that's no excuse in the age of the internet. I just don't understand why she can't see what a complete fake he is. I realized just how manipulative be was when he gave SJ that miniature painter for the chateau's nativity scene. Pulling at her heartstrings for dear deceased daddy. Very very slimy.

It can't be that she's knowingly paying for a boy toy. Nobody would pay for a balding 25 year old who's clearly not into women. And yes, I think he lied to her and said he was bi. And he knew she was pretty opened minded and would fall for it. Does she not have any real girlfriends in her life? No way would I sit back and let a friend of mine be taken advantage of by some balding 25 years old who doesn't have a pot to piss in. She has so many guy friends and exes, are they blinded by Phillip too? I just don't understand it at all. This is going to end badly, I can see it now. She has this guy totally enmeshed in her business as a YouTuber and in her home. I wouldn't be shocked if we soon learn that he's "bought into" the chateau and is now part owner. Such a train wreck. I hate to see a grown single woman be so stupid like this over a man, one who's clearly a con artist at that. This kind of this usually happens to silly 20 years old or lonely 80 year old widows.

• Sick
Reactions: 20

Yes, yes, yes

You are fresh eyes stating the obvious. Even Amber Heard kept her 💩 together long enough to get her claws firmly around the lucre.

I’m no psychological analyst but he’s all far too slick for me to see him as anything but agenda driven. He creepily seems to be making her very dependent on him.

He brings to my mind Claus van Bulow ..🫢😳😲😱

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I think what's happened here is that Dan has changed his YouTube name to hide his identity in order to comment on Kathy's 'teef' flog, not realising that when you change your name it also changes on everything else you've ever commented on, on YouTube. Then after making his ridiculous 3rd person comment on Kathy's Flog, he's changed his name back to Escape to Rural France, not realising the mistake he's made.

Stupidity personified. But then we always knew Dan wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed. Pretty lame pretending to be someone else and saying he thinks Dan's hot.
I don't think He changed his name, he was just calling out Kathy!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
You should watch him today on the Grabeau... (Incredible antiques for the chateau)... Phillip can't believe his luck, he's creaming his panties at all the freebies, I get the impression he thinks he's included in all the gifting...

They were measuring for new radiators, something to do with the size of each room not having adequate radiators, she did at least one episode of her and Amoury measuring.. So I assumed they were ordered... she made enough fuss over it.
I might skip ahead this once and watch. LOL. He's just such an unbelievable fake. They way he puts on for the camera is just...ugh. That ridiculous deer in the headlights look he gives any time SJ asks him anything. The way he mimics her expressions, her voice, even the way she moves. He'll literally prance around just like her! And he likes everything she likes. Literally. Do the people in the house not see this?!! I think the creepiest thing I saw from him was how, on an outing with the Swedish Marie and Natti, his entire voice changed. Even his mannerisms changed. He was no longer acting like Stephanie. Then as soon as they arrived back at the chateau, Mr. Ripley puts on his act like it's nothing. Creepy as hell!

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 22
She most definitely bought them, but the money will not show up in the books, obviously. Patrons are idiots for not asking questions, even if they only contribute the smallest amount. They are made into members of her organization by doing so and have the absolute right to ask questions. If they don't, they are made complicit to the fraud Stephanie Jarvis is committing.
Clara. How will she manage to make 23,000 euros disappear if she has written a cheque. It has to have come out of Patron. And why lie? She could just say she bought them. She cannot seriously expect anyone to think the 23.000 worth of chandeliers was a gift surely?

Reactions: 14
26F3E434-B177-4A65-90D2-EA66BFFED160.jpeg

I feel a whittle bit sad that the grannies are mad at me for brooming at the whittle bird who wanted to live inside OUR chateau just like the owl does.
15C69705-AA8E-4BD0-84B1-DA4A046EDFCE.jpeg

I’m a whittle bit sad the chandelier man didn’t make me a tiara. Doesn’t he know how pretty I would be? I even know which of my high heeled boots I would wear with it.
C9948FA4-8CF2-4900-B545-524D24A384DB.jpeg

I’m a whittle bit sad that SJ’s ex-boyfriend was hanging out in OUR bedroom while I was away and then wore my shirt back home. I better check to see if any of my toe socks are missing.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
She made it through the Tomas vlogs, the labouring Michael and Stephanie 4 Eva vlogs etc to when Philip arrived and still loves it? even bearing in mind the poster may not have been exposed to the tattle analysis on the Fanny/Snorts saga, it’s still a thin reason to go loud and proud on tattle. It may not be the weekend but….. I’ve been wrong before but I have my doubts.
After Snorts arrival everything went downhill very fast. After the boyfriend reveal we puked for weeks because he was on the vlog so much! He is the 'feeder' of SJ's many insane choices.
I hope the old hag will make an entrance soon. That will shake up the vlogs.

On a different note, while in the past I would have sj vlogs as a background noise when I worked. I now sit down and analyse it. I'm affraid to become the anti caroline goodger😅

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Clara. How will she manage to make 23,000 euros disappear if she has written a cheque. It has to have come out of Patron. And why lie? She could just say she bought them. She cannot seriously expect anyone to think the 23.000 worth of chandeliers was a gift surely?
It's GAG 2.0 - show off expensive 'gifts' from some rich someone who has more dough he knows what to do with, who just happens to be visiting, and keep other morons like him joining in the circus.

Reactions: 22
I remember you Bibisilver! Back in the day when I was still a lurker.

Someone please make this your profile pic 🤣 i would do myself, but i already have a most unflathering picture of her as a pp

Well...

OK.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I just can't with this guy. I know she lives in the boondocks and that there probably aren't any suitable men around. But that's no excuse in the age of the internet. I just don't understand why she can't see what a complete fake he is. I realized just how manipulative be was when he gave SJ that miniature painter for the chateau's nativity scene. Pulling at her heartstrings for dear deceased daddy. Very very slimy.

It can't be that she's knowingly paying for a boy toy. Nobody would pay for a balding 25 year old who's clearly not into women. And yes, I think he lied to her and said he was bi. And he knew she was pretty opened minded and would fall for it. Does she not have any real girlfriends in her life? No way would I sit back and let a friend of mine be taken advantage of by some balding 25 years old who doesn't have a pot to piss in. She has so many guy friends and exes, are they blinded by Phillip too? I just don't understand it at all. This is going to end badly, I can see it now. She has this guy totally enmeshed in her business as a YouTuber and in her home. I wouldn't be shocked if we soon learn that he's "bought into" the chateau and is now part owner. Such a train wreck. I hate to see a grown single woman be so stupid like this over a man, one who's clearly a con artist at that. This kind of this usually happens to silly 20 years old or lonely 80 year old widows.
Buy into the Chatau? What with? His 50cents he got from his jail play? or all the money from his waiter days? Only way in is if Fanny gifts him a share, or they marry. Can't see either of those things happening.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.