The Chateau Diaries #143 how tattle saved me and my family

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
From Selmar's latest flog comments...
valerie thompson
7 hours ago (edited)
Now this is what I call a chateau!! I would love to see this place on the Escape to the Chateau DIY programme. Much more interesting than seeing the same old chateaux like La Lande I think where they keep doing the same jobs. This place has so much more potential.

smolpuppyo'love
7 hours ago
Can't resist the opportunity to have a cat swipe

valerie thompson
6 hours ago (edited)
I genuinely think this is a much more interesting project than La Lande. Bored of seeing the same old same old. Your constant cheerleading of La Lande leads me to think you might be part of the family or cult
Hey, nous sommes tous Valerie.. 😂 🕵️‍♀️. Saying nothing...🤣🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
From Selmar's latest flog comments...
valerie thompson
7 hours ago (edited)
Now this is what I call a chateau!! I would love to see this place on the Escape to the Chateau DIY programme. Much more interesting than seeing the same old chateaux like La Lande I think where they keep doing the same jobs. This place has so much more potential.

smolpuppyo'love
7 hours ago
Can't resist the opportunity to have a cat swipe

valerie thompson
6 hours ago (edited)
I genuinely think this is a much more interesting project than La Lande. Bored of seeing the same old same old. Your constant cheerleading of La Lande leads me to think you might be part of the family or cult
Hope Valerie is a member here! Do we ever send out invitations here at Tattler?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Hope Valerie is a member here! Do we ever send out invitations here at Tattler?
Valerie would be a Tattler by Royal appointment. 👑 I'm sure she would be very flattered to have a personal invitation to join our merry band. ;)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
A beer at 10am Stephanie?
Driving under the influence Stephanie?
That's so la Lande!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Walking round a garden center, Phillis ties his hair back, yet cooking in the kitchen, his hair is all over the food...

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 34
OMG someone please explain the baby voice that people such as Marie Wiik and Kylie Flavell like to do. It's so unsettling to listen to. I was at a lunch with friends and a female guest randomly broke out into baby voice when discussing difficulties in her life, .... and I was spooked. Personality disorder? Emotional manipulation?

#NoMoreBabyVoices

• Heart
Reactions: 39
In their visit to the Plant Sale, they are spending money like water (not their money obviously but Patreon ) who the hell is going to look after all these additions to the garden, they will need to take on a another Gardener.

Reactions: 16
The live chat was ripe on the CD flog tonight !!! Maaike says she and Sabina say hi 😊. Perhaps Kiki will do a proper recap. But it was active...still going

Reactions: 10
Thanks so much for the sparkling new thread @Lady Rosalie and great title collaboration @Marquis de Potpourri and @Jules100 - you guys absolutely rock. I missed the new thread by a matter of minutes so thought I’d transfer my post over if that’s okay. I screenshotted as I couldn’t quote.
Also, please let me know if I understand things incorrectly, as I’m not a Patreon - nor am I likely to ever be one😳😬
View attachment 1251206
BiB
Yes, she must meet the Tax Department “requirements” to meet obligations of the special tax status they enjoy for monies put into the preservation, restoration to the ‘historic’ chateau.
She has no such obligation to Patreons, who gift their money, from what I can see on the site, “to support art in action”. I understand that initially SJ didn’t intend to use the money expressly and solely for restoration, but after hearing about the tax-exemption status for funds allocated to this end, she decided to use it for this purpose. After all she is hauling in a more than handy income on YouTube.
Conceivably she could withhold as much as she liked from the Patreon proceeds for personal use, the BnB or whatever, but she’d just have to pay normal tax. Do I have this right?View attachment 1251211
View attachment 1251212
I recall a discussion on Patreon a few years back that patrons didn't want their donations being taxed. The rate was quite high, maybe about 50% and they wanted their money to go to the chateau and not the French government. The patrons encouraged Stephanie to start the non-profit for that reason. I think it's a good reason. But I don't think any of them envisioned that they would be paying for wages and landscaping that have nothing to do with the restoration of a historic building. It's not rocket science people. One account for the BnB, one for the restoration, and one for her personal income. With the amount of money she's bringing in she should have a full-time accounts person and a project manager. Her patrons used to urge her to get a project manager. She just ignored them. I also wonder, does she pay Nutty year-round for the BnB management job when it's only open for 8 months? I don't think the "apartment" being made for Nutty is legit. She told me she wanted to have a house in the future and then stumbled over herself saying "oh I mean the apartment". Surely she and Ann Marie aren't going to live in in that little space. It will be a self catering rental - which is also not "renovation" work.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Seeing the selection of plants available in the area in the current vlog, it begs the question, why oh why did they pay premium prices to import Belgian plants for the English Garden?

Reactions: 23
A beer at 10am Stephanie?
Driving under the influence Stephanie?
That's so la Lande!
I'm more worried about driving Dan's van with a plastic bag in place of a petrol cap..... ⛽🔥🚒

OMG someone please explain the baby voice that people such as Marie Wiik and Kylie Flavell like to do. It's so unsettling to listen to. I was at a lunch with friends and a female guest randomly broke out into baby voice when discussing difficulties in her life, .... and I was spooked. Personality disorder? Emotional manipulation?

#NoMoreBabyVoices
Kylie Flavell multitasks, she can talk in a baby voice while walking in slow motion and flicking her hair to one side....so up herself..... so annoying!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
Madame dressed up as a spode spectacle...to go to the local market...to buy nibbles..have to say we have the same stalls here..i never notice much difference when i go to france..except the livestock..we dont have that here luckyly...

Tantinette and uncle steven are in for a treat....tantinette says she dressed up to honour snort his family...pardon me..the Dutch royal family has for sure no connection at all with the Janssen family...the most common name in the Netherlands.🙄.the idea alone.. :eek: i know i sound like a snob..but i hate pretentious people..

Fanny needed a beer at ten ...off course..i always wonder if she has a bottle of booze in her purse...in case she need it...

So Dan ripped the car?? and he was off with it to his new vacation..without them knowing.. so they drove off with the van...with all the red lights flickering..the oil.. the fuel..the water..wtf.. Nasty nutti knew...but didnt tell..she nearly ate her fingertips...they even managed to get the lit of the fueltank getting lost...omg...

the aboretum...why is she calling Davy all the time..for his approval to buy some flowers...that woman is mad up to high heaven..and hysterical as well.. she surely like to make fun of snort...hmn not a good sign...the look he gives her....like the look you give an alcoholic who is constanlty high on the booze...

La belle epoque owooo....la belle epoque.....well my dear..if you continue like this... your avenir wont be so joyfull...like snort said he likes his colours quit autumny...i guess the way he likes his partner Fanny......also a bit getting out of bloom...Its very clear to me...fill that woman up with a lott of alcohol...before you know it..she wont even know where she is or what she is doing..and snort very willing to take over the place... ;)

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
Seeing the selection of plants available in the area in the current vlog, it begs the question, why oh why did they pay premium prices to import Belgian plants for the English Garden?
Did they though? We know the trees for the courtyard were from Belgium, but do we really know if the plants for the jardin Anglais came from Belgium? I don't think so. It's just that Davy had so much influence in choosing them, it's just assumed.

Reactions: 11
Billy opened the door to his convent..with teabeg as a guide...well teabeg isnt impressed...having a bit of a hangover i should think..trying to take the piss out of the place...well i have to agree..like i pointed out before..that place is horrible..it needs a huge ammount of money to make it into something..who wants to live there...or even start a business there..

I had a few familymembers who lived in a convent...but i have to say this place doesnt look like the ones they lived in...my greataunt lived in a convent which was in a very nice castle..with a very nice park around it..we had great feasts there...nuns know how to party you know..have to say it was a very wealthy convent...girls who wanted to get in had to pay a huge amount of money...and my fathers sister also lived in a very nice art deco convent...this place gives me the creeps...there is nothing of historical interest left..just a very ugly badly 1960s modernised heap..i dont see much profit there...no wonder nobody bought it for years..It looks more like a prison to me..
I wonder if Billy might be considering a hotel. After all, it does have 46 bedrooms.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.