The Chateau Diaries #132 I give to the needy and not the greedy!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
šŸ§µnomination Mirror, Mirror on the wall who's the fairest of them all? Stuart, not BatShitCrazy Stephanie.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
What about the kitchen design? I donā€™t understand why she would ask a landscape designer to design a kitchen but it is La la land and she probably never intended to actually do up the kitchen and who would do catering with only that small smeg fridge! I thought they might have a larger fridge hidden away where they do dishes
It makes sense to me since there's lots "growing" in the kitchen, it must be garden space too!

• Haha
  • Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Is it just me or do others get pissed with people putting French words in an English sentence when an English word is perfectly adequate? I think it's an affectation.
Jardin Anglaise = English Garden!! FFS
Maison Secondaire = Second home or house!! FFS.
If you are writing or speaking in French sure enough use the French words, but don't, just don't, drop in French words just to show you know them. Her vagesty does it all the time and it irritates the tit out of me. I am on other Facebook pages for second home owners in France and they do it all the time. Pretentious twatishness. I'll get me coat.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Woken up in the middle of the night here (4.40am) Just read the last few pages and liked all my VIP congrats, before new thread starts.
Sorry if I missed anyone, I'm going back to bed now, see ya all later!

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I guess that there aren't any close neighbors to complain about smoke etc., but they seem to be breaking all the rules, all the time.
Perhaps an email to the nearest mairie with a link to the appropriate YouTube video might be in order?

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
What about the kitchen design? I donā€™t understand why she would ask a landscape designer to design a kitchen but it is La la land and she probably never intended to actually do up the kitchen and who would do catering with only that small smeg fridge! I thought they might have a larger fridge hidden away where they do dishes
I suspect the kitchen design was created to give her something to vlog about. Phony! He is so dazzled by Fannie that he willingly gives his non expert advice! But then again, didn't she want a fridge with a pretty interior? So darn silly.

Reactions: 7
Is it just me or do others get pissed with people putting French words in an English sentence when an English word is perfectly adequate? I think it's an affectation.
Jardin Anglaise = English Garden!! FFS
Maison Secondaire = Second home or house!! FFS.
If you are writing or speaking in French sure enough use the French words, but don't, just don't, drop in French words just to show you know them. Her vagesty does it all the time and it irritates the tit out of me. I am on other Facebook pages for second home owners in France and they do it all the time. Pretentious twatishness. I'll get me coat.
:ROFLMAO: šŸ¤¬I've missed you! I had to come off some of the FB groups for people living in France as I nearly blow a gasket on a weekly basis with all the keeping up with the Jone's attitudes, you always get one. If I was speaking to another English person I'd use English, serves no purpose throwing in French phrases, just makes you look a tit especially if you can't pronounce it correctly. I save speaking French for when I'm with French people and nine times out of ten it's a better conversation anyway. Here's another one for you Maison Principale = main home/house lol Are you a Fast Show fan too?

• Heart
Reactions: 10
This constant jardin d'anglais mantra is really getting on my nerves - big time! What they are creating is not an English Garden - full stop.
From watching that +l hour long patreon video - never seen it before - SJ originally wanted a maze in that area but Davy, quite rightly, pointed out that it was not possible because of the difference in ground levels, e.g. some hedges would need to have been +3m higher than others etc, which would look ridiculous.
From what I can make sense of from Davy's "concept" plan, is that they are "intending" to create an open ended meandering path/lawn from the lake to the "secret" entrance at the forest end with 2-3 enclosed hornbeam hedged areas supposedly creating "garden rooms" in between. Will be a nightmare to mow on that slope unless the intention is for a type of wild meadow with the formal hedges - who really knows? And of course let's not forget, Davy has now sourced a fabulous statue, much to SJ's extreme delight, for the secret entrance to the forest plus the necessary 6,000 plants. I sincerely hope that the plants will not be too overshadowed by the forest/hedges in order to thrive.
Well, at least Dan is in the process of organising the delivery of god knows how many tons of top soil to layer over the incredibly poor rocky soil.
Davy is a landscape/garden architect so generally employed in Urban/commercial type projects, maybe he is employed within a Department of a City Council (or whatever they are referred to as in Belgium), and that could be why no-one can find anything regarding his credentials or past projects he has created. Just a thought! :whistle:
To be fair he does appear to know his stuff in connection with his employment industry, maybe just not so much within a rural farmhouse landscape setting as some of his ideas are far too formal/urban, e.g. the courtyard trees, the ornamental pear trees in the walled kitchen garden (just why?) and therefore more suited to cityscape type developments.
That would account for his very clean hands/nails

Comments from Selmar's and Tatty's new flog...

Crystal Clear
12 hours ago
Thanks for this little vignette, Selmar & Tatyana ... will you be going to France soon in April?? Please give us an update

Selmar & Tatyana
5 hours ago
Well I am now standing in line in Dover to get on the Ferry to Calais. Tatyana will join me later.
Are we back to the ā€œWiil she, wonā€™t sheā€ discussions

• Wow
Reactions: 10
All those dusty and soiled cushions, damn thatā€™s a mountain of gross. The worst is thinking about peopleā€™s oily and sweating necks/heads resting on them- especially the ones that are placed on beds and lounging furniture.
Wait! Silly meā€¦ if they ā€˜wash (gallons of Fabreeze)ā€™ them the way they do their stinked-up area rugs, we have nothing to be concerned about! Especially if they do this job on the courtyard gravel.
View attachment 1155450View attachment 1155451
Why does he insist on wearing his shirt unbuttoned??? it may be a cultural thing but I think it looks disgusting!

• Sick
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.