The Chateau Diaries #130 Stephanie Jarvis - Unscrupulous Grifting, Scheming, Knickerless Farmhouse Frauds

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I agree, but let's remember that SJ is cheap. Grant Hill could only work with the materials he was given. Yes, it's basic but the pergola wasn't meant to be a permanent structure and was put up so Stephanie could have a place to hang her fairy lights for Mummy and Percy's wedding. If the facade rendering goes ahead, it'll have to come down anyway.
The whole structure should have gone just after the wedding.

For someone who says she's so into restoration and saving a historical château, Steph kept this wooden thing for years.

Reactions: 16
I've only just watched the CD Grant vlogs in the past week or so, so it's all fresh for me. But Australia seems to effortlessly breed men like Grant Hill. Men who dive right in, get the job done. No fuss, no bother, no drama, then feet up with a cold beer and we're left wondering why chateau jobs that have needed doing for months on end, are suddenly done in one day once the Aussies take charge.
I never understand why suchs hands on men want to deal with that crumbling place...is it becuase they also like the attention they get from poor little silly me??? :oops:

For someone who says she's so into restoration and saving a historical château, Steph kept this wooden thing for years.
Taking that horrible thing down would mean they have to make an effort and do some work...Fanny and co are not so fond of working....they more like to talk about it...

Taking that horrible thing down would mean they have to make an effort and do some work...Fanny and co are not so fond of working....they more like to talk about it...

Reactions: 18
Say what you will about Manor & Maker, but I did kind of enjoy their brief trip to St Emilio (nostalgia for me). I was super excited, since they stopped for lunch at the Le Jardin restaurant at Chateau Petit Faurie de Soutard (which did make me sad, as they did not film their lunch- the food is excellent there, and grown on-site organically, and the dining room has fantastic views of the vineyards- their wines are REALLY good as well!) Oh Shrek and Sarah, you could have focused less on the chimney sweep and loo wallpaper removal, and showed us more of St Emilio and discussed WHY the valley is renowned for its wines. I think they'd be much more successful in showcasing the amazing parts of France that are close to them, especially if they want to rent out their home as a B&B. While I am glad Sarah and Shrek did not leave a snarky food review for Le Jardin, I am befuzzled- if Le Jardin is not up to their standards, what on earth do they actually eat?
Looking at them,
Say what you will about Manor & Maker, but I did kind of enjoy their brief trip to St Emilio (nostalgia for me). I was super excited, since they stopped for lunch at the Le Jardin restaurant at Chateau Petit Faurie de Soutard (which did make me sad, as they did not film their lunch- the food is excellent there, and grown on-site organically, and the dining room has fantastic views of the vineyards- their wines are REALLY good as well!) Oh Shrek and Sarah, you could have focused less on the chimney sweep and loo wallpaper removal, and showed us more of St Emilio and discussed WHY the valley is renowned for its wines. I think they'd be much more successful in showcasing the amazing parts of France that are close to them, especially if they want to rent out their home as a B&B. While I am glad Sarah and Shrek did not leave a snarky food review for Le Jardin, I am befuzzled- if Le Jardin is not up to their standards, what on earth do they actually eat?
They, by the looks of them, eat something.....plenty of something.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
While I am glad Sarah and Shrek did not leave a snarky food review for Le Jardin, I am befuzzled- if Le Jardin is not up to their standards, what on earth do they actually eat?
The food they cooked at Lalande was expensive and hideous. Large beefs cut into long grey strips piled on a plate without seasoning, sauce or garnish. Chocolate cake made with Fanny's grifted eating chocolate (bakes up sickly sweet, not chocolatey enough). Etc.
I am beginning to suspect that Shrek has the palate of a small child, and he's more on the side of toaster pastries and Kraft dinner.
Stephen Cole and Sara Phillips, have limited tastebuds.
Their diet consist of:
taco Tuesday, fajitas, beige stir fry, all you can eat buffets, anything from a boulangerie, and chocolate.

This 👇 is very telling...

Types of help and learning opportunities
Language practice
Gardening
DIY and building projects
Animal Care
Creating/ Cooking family meals
Help around the house
General Maintenance

Accommodation
Share our family space generally and be part of the daily life. Join us for our meals (if desired), we will provide food (on our regular family budget).
We are not vegetarian or vegan, and generally avoid seafood, and enjoy lots of croissants and chocolate.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
BY weird coincidence, yesterday on the localF/B page I saw photos of the wooden pergola below, designed and built by a small landscape design company as part of a garden makeover. An Important point: it was started and completed in a week. And was made from beautiful, properly seasoned timber.

View attachment 1147017
I can't understand why all the hassle with their trellis in the walled garden. It looks a mess. This could have easily been replicated with Amaury's skills. The whole farce of plates, drilling holes etc was beyond me.
And don't get me started on the one outside the Chateau. There are so many more elegant ways to create.

Fair enough. I personally don't understand their ethos and have a weird way of elevating the mundane.
Still, I used to enjoy Dan's vlogs- so my judgement is off anyway.🤣

• Heart
Stephen Cole and Sara Phillips, have limited tastebuds.
Their diet consist of:
taco Tuesday, fajitas, beige stir fry, all you can eat buffets, anything from a boulangerie, and chocolate.

This 👇 is very telling...

Types of help and learning opportunities
Language practice
Gardening
DIY and building projects
Animal Care
Creating/ Cooking family meals
Help around the house
General Maintenance

Accommodation
Share our family space generally and be part of the daily life. Join us for our meals (if desired), we will provide food (on our regular family budget).
We are not vegetarian or vegan, and generally avoid seafood, and enjoy lots of croissants and chocolate.
Yes to the language practice but let's begin with written English first because they certainly need help with writing in the 1st, 2nd and 3rd person. Chopping and changing, the perspective is all over the place.

• Haha
Reactions: 7

Ah yes, the two pagodas, the first one that was erected behind the farmhouse had absolutely no practical purpose, unless Fanny wanted to cover it and use it as a carport. But the one that tickled my fancy was the one in the garden. It's not ornate, the spans are too wide apart to ever create a 'roof' for climbing plants, instead of being placed as a central walkway, its stuck at the side of the garden. Poor Dan called called it a pagoda, well it sure is hell is not a fcuking pergola.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Ah yes, the two pagodas, the first one that was erected behind the farmhouse had absolutely no practical purpose, unless Fanny wanted to cover it and use it as a carport. But the one that tickled my fancy was the one in the garden. It's not ornate, the spans are too wide apart to ever create a 'roof' for climbing plants, instead of being placed as a central walkway, its stuck at the side of the garden. Poor Dan called called it a pagoda, well it sure is hell is not a fcuking pergola.
I remember them saying they put it at the side to reduce the width of that part of the walled garden and make it more symmetrical overall.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
Although I am sure in this post that the “Granny Brigade” is not a direct arrow at me - Rest assured I am not a “granny” but my “brigade” is growing larger on a daily basis. 🤓
If you aren’t one of the annoying mega fans who squeal with delight and spout over the top compliments with everything Stephanie and her lazy, useless, cross dressing snorting boyfriend does, no matter how little effort they put into it, then no, I am not referring to you. Welcome to Tattle! 😁

• Haha
Thank you, she was obviously wrong with "Febuary".
Cara has been there in August or September ?
It was August 21, 2021 - Minda sent quite a large parcel with gorgeous jewelry and 3 spode items. It clearly shows that Fanny & Co. receive so very much,, far too much, that they simply can't appreciate or use it all. You can tell from Fanny's face that she wasn't keen on the rings because they didn't fit her (Too small for Cara & too big for Fanny, so it was Natti's lucky day to claim all the jewelry). They receive so much of everthing (not just jewelry) how can they store it, wear it, use it and enjoy it all - it boggles the mind.

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 20
Andie has been at the shiteau for a few days because her drawings are all recent, including the sketches of Pavalina & Emily. Oddly, Fanny has made no previous mention of Andie being there and it appears Andie is showing her finished drawings from this visit and she's now leaving. Very strange.
She blatantly uses the HMN and SJ to flog her art then leaves straight away to avoid actually having to do any work like cooking beige food or booming the floor

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Princess and the Pea, post: 9016193, member: 165253
Wonder is Fanny is paying him to come - to use when Channel 4 are filming?

are you joking,she doesnt even go to meet the ukraine refuge she sent natti
I said 'paying for' not going to collect like a parcel from the post box!!

Reactions: 3
Found it! Posted 7 months ago under Cadeaux at the Chateau. Title is “Davy Will Love this Garden Statue”. I am new-ish here and I don’t know how to post the video. Here is a screenshot and it starts around the 14:30 time stamp. The name of the video just clicked in my head and I knew that the video was older than February.

I’ve been a lurker since I first posted back at the beginning of December that Stephanie blocked me from Patreon for harassment and bullying, which I did NOT do. I even logged a ticket and had Patreon research the issue, and they concluded that I did not bully or harass anyone. However, they told me that the creator can block anyone they want for any reason at all. My offense was asking legitimate questions, which Stephanie ANSWERED, and then she blocked me. I have all of the details and emails and screenshots. It’s just too late for me to post it all tonight. I don’t have time to keep up with all of your posts but I try and read a bit when I go to bed. I’ll get all of my documents together and get them posted on here over the next day or two. I’m not a flying monkey and I have the emails to prove it.

I was called a Grinch by her flying monkeys back on Patreon, hence my avatar. You can probably find my original posts about what happened if you’re interested. I just never had the time to come back and report the outcome after Patreon investigated.

Anyway…here is my terrible screenshot of the video that has the Swarovski crystal gifts. Notice they edited out the name of the Swarovski name on the video.

Thanks for supporting me when I originally posted here about what happened to me. I’ve been so upset about the Ukrainian refugee situation that it got me following you guys again closely, and introduced me to Kathy’s Flog and she is spot on!

More in a couple of days!

Also - can someone tell me how to post my own comment without having to quote someone?

Lol- this is the guy who grabbed that mean ass sheep literally by the horns and threw it over his shoulders! I can’t wait for him to come back. I wound up viewing the episodes out of order and went back and watched the older ones after the newer ones, so this episode of fresh in my mind. I was like, finally…someone is dealing with that Aloyisius being an asshole. Lol
Editing out the name of the jewelry is further evidence we are more than likely not seeing the valuable stuff on the vlog.
What an awful thing Stephanie did to you blocking you like that. I think it is totally inappropriate that a creator can block a patron. By all means report the patron and let patreon deal with it. Did they still deduct your contribution after blocking you? Did they unblock you? Surely if you did nothing wrong they should unblock you.
please post you evidence so that others can see what is done to Patrons too not just on the YouTube. Be sure to remove anything that can identify you.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
That was my first thought… that the power washer was much too small. And also… cannot imagine not cleaning the newspapers out and anything they could have cleaned before the chimney cleaner came. Perhaps, just ignorance on their part not knowing how it works. But, in the end, they had to pay him for an entire day and it might have taken far less time if they had done those things.
Probably still would have been a days work, as they're very thorough as it needs to be all properly signed off and certificated for their house insurance. That aside I can't believe they'd not gone investigating, I would have straight away. Especially as some of those fireplaces were more or less blocked up, you never know what treasures might be hiding. They need and industrial power washer.

Reactions: 6
Re. the pergola at Lalande (or pagoda as Dan calls it).

It's completely out of style with the chateau. In the 19th century when people loved having something like this, it was made in cast iron / iron and often painted in white. The structure was very delicate and light.

That's the style that this castle would deserve. Their current wooden pergola looks like nothing in such a Chateau. IMO.
Sadly, it isn't a castle, it is a drafty barn.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.