The Chateau Diaries #130 Stephanie Jarvis - Unscrupulous Grifting, Scheming, Knickerless Farmhouse Frauds

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There will be no love between the two....I doubt Grant will take to Stephy's effeminate boy who is a friend. ;)
In the words of Avril- "Hey hey, you you, little tiny boyfriend..." I doubt so as well!

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Fanny is akin to letting a 5-year-old have a credit card- she needs not only a Project Manager, but an actual Secretary and Life Coach (or full-time Mum.) "But I just want to buy pretty things, shoes, Spode, and fun holidays!" It is unsettling how childish she is (we are the same age, and our mums are very similar- hence while most Gen Xers are successful in their own right- we had to navigate the world ourselves, figure it out, and be grown-ups at an early age, I suspect Daddy Jarvis enabled her, which would explain her bout with depression for years after he passed.) There comes a time, Fanny, one must grow up and do this thing called "adulting." You have no control over your life- you let others do it for you, and that is sad.
Fanny needs a full time therapist.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Say what you will about Manor & Maker, but I did kind of enjoy their brief trip to St Emilio (nostalgia for me). I was super excited, since they stopped for lunch at the Le Jardin restaurant at Chateau Petit Faurie de Soutard (which did make me sad, as they did not film their lunch- the food is excellent there, and grown on-site organically, and the dining room has fantastic views of the vineyards- their wines are REALLY good as well!) Oh Shrek and Sarah, you could have focused less on the chimney sweep and loo wallpaper removal, and showed us more of St Emilio and discussed WHY the valley is renowned for its wines. I think they'd be much more successful in showcasing the amazing parts of France that are close to them, especially if they want to rent out their home as a B&B. While I am glad Sarah and Shrek did not leave a snarky food review for Le Jardin, I am befuzzled- if Le Jardin is not up to their standards, what on earth do they actually eat?
The food they cooked at Lalande was expensive and hideous. Large beefs cut into long grey strips piled on a plate without seasoning, sauce or garnish. Chocolate cake made with Fanny's grifted eating chocolate (bakes up sickly sweet, not chocolatey enough). Etc.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
View attachment 1146766
She really gives ZERO S****. This is a screen shot and I am not even going to watch it. 3 positive comments so far but I imagine most of us are blocked. The bank visit was literally “laughing all the way to the bank”. 🙄
Are you kidding me? Her patrons give her over $30,000 per month and this is the tit she is putting out for them? I couldn’t watch more than 3 minutes, but I am sure the Granny Brigade will be falling all over themselves with giddy excitement begging for copies of cartoon drawings of Stephanie’s atrocious decor. I wonder what treat Stephanie has in store for her lovely patrons next week.….an interview with the Peacocks? Bet they could tell everyone where the chapel restorer and the accountant are buried. 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 24
The food they cooked at Lalande was expensive and hideous. Large beefs cut into long grey strips piled on a plate without seasoning, sauce or garnish. Chocolate cake made with Fanny's grifted eating chocolate (bakes up sickly sweet, not chocolatey enough). Etc.
I am beginning to suspect that Shrek has the palate of a small child, and he's more on the side of toaster pastries and Kraft dinner.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Grant Hill is on his way to Lalande...
View attachment 1146135
August 2019, Grant Hill, Isabelle Jarvis, Percy Attfield during the construction of the terrace pergola.
View attachment 1146105
1 DAY AGO
grant__hill
See you all soon @jeffou_66 @viviall66 @matthieu.allene @pauline.alne @stephanieejarvis #france #chateau #escargot #europe #chateaudelalande #chateaurochechouart
cherie.sharp
Wow when are you going back, im sure Steph will have plenty of jobs for you. X
Remember how Grant & his buddy handled moving the sheep? No problem & no ridiculous running around all day like idiots. Grant takes care of business.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Are you kidding me? Her patrons give her over $30,000 per month and this is the tit she is putting out for them? I couldn’t watch more than 3 minutes, but I am sure the Granny Brigade will be falling all over themselves with giddy excitement begging for copies of cartoon drawings of Stephanie’s atrocious decor. I wonder what treat Stephanie has in store for her lovely patrons next week.….an interview with the Peacocks? Bet they could tell everyone where the chapel restorer and the accountant are buried. 🤣
Although I am sure in this post that the “Granny Brigade” is not a direct arrow at me - Rest assured I am not a “granny” but my “brigade” is growing larger on a daily basis. 🤓

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I can't believe Grant is returning to the farmhouse! Well at least the pergola in garden may get finished...
I hope they build a better pergola in the garden.
That pergola out on her back terrace is the ugliest, most flimsy, and pointless one I've ever seen.

cd318.png

I remember the old hag Isabel throwing a tantrum like a 4-year old because someone used her f**king dustpan and brush!
What a CHILD!

cd319.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 34
There will be no love between the two....I doubt Grant will take to Stephy's effeminate boy who is a friend. ;)
Maybe Grant was secretly begged to come and scare Philip away for good! Orrrrr maybe Grant was a Patron and since his last visit has discovered what a fraud Stephanie is and is coming to demand a refund!! 😉

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Who is Emily? I obviously miss a lot by not watching the Grab and the patron vids

Reactions: 3
I hope he squashes Phi Phi Fiddle DeeDee like a bug!
Maybe Grant is divorced now and looking for a mate, eh, Mate?
Why do you hate Grant? Why would you curse him with Stephanie Jarvis?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
comments from under Kathy's last vlog/rant about comments under her first CD related rant ....

View attachment 1146827
Minda Kahn
3 hours ago (edited)
You’re not alone. Mea Culpa, despite what my husband said, I sent gifts, really nice gifts to SJ and MP. The gift was accepted graciously on the vlog, but how this woman can be a fashion icon and not know that she has $500. Of Swarovski Nirvana rings is beside me. I’ve only seen Nati wearing a portion of the gift. This is the good part: I sent a gift to Michael’s too. Including two out of print before he was born Potter books. The two boxes traveled back and forth between France and the US because they didn’t want to pay duty, and, wait for it, Gwendoline said they didn’t have enough room. Kathy you are the voice of sanity, Petherick vlogs are like watching paint dry, and I’m not a mental health professional, but my parents were. I’m seeing a lot of arrested development and cult of personality at La Lande. I’m just going to say what I’ve said before. Bullet points, stay on track. You’re smarter than them, prove it.
Show less

View attachment 1146828
Kathy's Flog in France.
2 hours ago
OMG re your gifts! View attachment 1146829 $500. Of Swarovski Nirvana rings View attachment 1146830 Arrested development is spot on. In a Vlog a few days ago, in the description, I shared something about "lack of" nurturing and emotional connection in childhood" and suspect that what we are witnessing is someone attempting to recoup this. Not making sense this evening, too tired. Good comment though, thank you xx
Read more

View attachment 1146831
Minda Kahn
2 hours ago
It’s from February, it’s called the Davy will love this, Cadeau at the Chateau.
Did anyone look at the vlog to see what gift Minda Kahn sent? I just can’t get over the generosity of people to total strangers they don’t even know. Maybe they are super rich and that amount is small change to them.
Out of print Beatrice Potter books. I bet Michael is kicking himself. But again totally inappropriate gifts for strangers.
I am glad Minda has seen the light and I hope she targets more deserving people with her generosity.

• Wow
Reactions: 23
@Beau Monde touched on this a while back, but I have to get it off my chest... it was the beginning of the end for me and La Gorce. I'm a little put off that Edd would name his black dog "Oprah." I'm sure he thought he was being "cheeky" (as Anna would put it) but it comes off as racist and offensive... unless he's got another frame of reference for that name. Not cool, Edd.

I hope they build a better pergola in the garden.
That pergola out on her back terrace is the ugliest, most flimsy, and pointless one I've ever seen.

View attachment 1146931
Is that finished??!! What is it, 2x6 rafters and 4x4 posts?
Here's a real pergola, Steph!
1648096777764.png

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 27
@Beau Monde touched on this a while back, but I have to get it off my chest... it was the beginning of the end for me and La Gorce. I'm a little put off that Edd would name his black dog "Oprah." I'm sure he thought he was being "cheeky" (as Anna would put it) but it comes off as racist and offensive... unless he's got another frame of reference for that name. Not cool, Edd.

View attachment 1146967
I love this pergola but would paint it white. I have just contracted to build one onto the north side of my house. I have a wisteria and a bougainvillea in pots ready to go climbing all over it by next summer.

So back to the patron videos, they look boring as usual. Is there any point watching or shall I just wait for the summary here? ;)

Reactions: 14

View attachment 1146967
I don't like Ed either but, The black dog that was injured is Onyx and the other dog black with brown spots is Oprah.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
I would have been impressed if it was built out of matchsticks.
Are we going to be treated to a picture of him posing behind it in his tighty whities again- pretending he is a giant 🤔 😅
I think of that picture everyday... We need more!

• Haha
I never had a happy period..

But my name is based on a beautiful bird

View attachment 1145721

Beautiful, isn’t it? So colorful like a Peaco….AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!
I believe the Halcyon bird is a Kingfisher. Days of the Kingfisher. Memories of past happiness.

It made me so happy that they mentioned her "hysterical laughter". Made my day!
And unless I skipped a few key sentences, it didn't mention Phiphi. But was full of typos and misspellings.

Last edited:
I keep thinking of this scene ... what oh what were they talking about before she came in? You can slice the air. Dan does not look happy, nor does Amaury ... there was serious talk going on in there ... I don't think that is a sign of an affair, but of co-workers having a serious talk about stuff ... I have a guess that Sabine has gotten herself in trouble with Nati or Stephanie, and she's been told to leave and she's in there chatting to the guys about how she's been treated, but she's smugly smiling at Stephanie ... they guys look so caught in something they don't want Stephanie to be part of ... something is up ... and I don't think it is a romance ... we don't see Nati there ... I think there was a good hard gossip going on ... something about Sabine has been going on, she has hardly been shown, hardly had a voice since before Christmas, and now she's leaving ...

Maybe she has to leave to make room for the refugees from Ukraine?

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.