The Chateau Diaries #129 the shyttoo is full with people who are mostly full of themselves....

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've been a follower and patron of CD from the start. Began to feel uncomfortable when she started the opening of gifts but SJ very wisely set up a separate channel that I've never watched otherwise I would probably have ejected back then. This month is my last as a patron. The channel is too repetitive and I'm sick of porcelain, fabrics, partying, and most of all nothing being finished. There's so much money coming in she could have a squad of builders working to get things done. It's also sad to see Dan being sucked into the circus and his family breaking up. Of the current chateau cast the only ones I have any time for are Annalise and Kirsty. Both seem like genuine and kind souls. Hope they don't get the life sucked out of them like many others have done. I've just discovered the How to renovate a chateau channel. It's nice to see owners working on their own home and finishing things and their place looks warm.They are getting things done without the wads of cash that SJ receives every month. Money seems to be wasted at Laland and value for money never seems to matter. I nearly fell off my chair when she said she spent forty thousand in the first week in March. It just rolled off her tongue so easily. The way things are going at LL I can see nothing but trouble ahead. I wouldn't be surprised if she sells or rents out the chateau in a few years time and moves to somewhere more in keeping with her lifestyle like Venice or the south of France. It took me a couple of years to wise up, but at least I did. I'm sure others will too, unless she starts to put more effort into the renovations.

• Heart
Reactions: 56
Im going because that's where my dad's family came from. Where my great grandfather lost his life on the beaches of Normandy during WWII. I don't know if this is a good or bad thing but it really has nothing to do with me. His family came here as Huguenots. It was a long time ago. Im still looking into all of it. They were always so closed off and never talked about it
I hope you have a lovely time in France. Paris is well worth a visit, but glad to see you are planning a visit over my part of France in Normandy. Its lovely countryside. You will need a car to get around though. Assuming you are going to rent one. The beaches are spectacular even if your visit to them will be for a sadder reason. There is so much history in the region. Make sure you get a drive down to the Mont St Michel. An absolute tourist trap but spectacular all the same. Normandy is very rural and quiet after the buzz of Paris though. If you have time, visit some of the beaches on the West Coast too. The Normandy landing beaches are on the north coast facing England. It will take you about 4 hours to drive over that way.from Paris. Visit Rouen - a lovely historic town on the way. Also Hon Fluer - a beautiful Harbour town on the north coast. The Fleuries did a vlog about Hon Fleur a while back. Looking forward to hearing your views on it all.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I have very mixed feelings about the Petherick Boy. In the early days, he added so much wit, banter, good looks and interest to the CD vlogs. The replacement on screen partner (Squirrel Boy) has no charisma, questionable taste, zero chemistry with our beloved Fanny and is a twit. Michael has had melt downs, episodes of bad and crappy behaviour, wasted all "his" money, made really dodgy decisions, let people down etc. However, I would rather watch him on screen than Prince Phillip D'Micro Nuts. I wish young Michael well.
I know all of which I could forgive easily and most definitely would rather watch him than Squirrel nut. He is witty, cute, works on learning more he just needs to get over his tendency to procrastinate because he wants it all to be perfect and not disappoint. He has to realize in life we will always screw up and always disappoint someone. The point is in life is to be as honest with yourself and others. I am just over the mocking tone of SJs poodle... he isn't like a Michael who actually has talent. Phi Phi is just a sycophant with no life of his own. He needs to find people his own age to play with.

Reactions: 9
Congratulations @sideways !!!
Safe travels! Have a wonderful trip!!

Have you watched Les Frenchies on Youtube? They are a hoot. They have a terrific vlog about all the in's and out's and great things about Paris...

You are going to LOVE AF's 1st class. I've done it only two times and it is TDF!!!
I will now. Thank you!!

Reactions: 3
Queen Kathy talked about the Sahara sands a couple of days ago. I was wondering if this a rare occurrence?
We were covered in ash when Mont St Helen’s erupted decades ago. Ended our summer.
I live a bit further north than Fanny and yes the Sahara sand from time to time makes its way here. Never underestimate the genius of sand. Fanny never saw it before, thus proving sands ability to circumvent the farmhouse, yet make its way here.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
I hope you have a lovely time in France. Paris is well worth a visit, but glad to see you are planning a visit over my part of France in Normandy. Its lovely countryside. You will need a car to get around though. Assuming you are going to rent one. The beaches are spectacular even if your visit to them will be for a sadder reason. There is so much history in the region. Make sure you get a drive down to the Mont St Michel. An absolute tourist trap but spectacular all the same. Normandy is very rural and quiet after the buzz of Paris though. If you have time, visit some of the beaches on the West Coast too. The Normandy landing beaches are on the north coast facing England. It will take you about 4 hours to drive over that way.from Paris. Visit Rouen - a lovely historic town on the way. Also Hon Fluer - a beautiful Harbour town on the north coast. The Fleuries did a vlog about Hon Fleur a while back. Looking forward to hearing your views on it all.
I renting a mini. I cant help it they are so cute lol Im so looking forward to it all

I cannot lie .... it is a lovely photo ...... hey Teabag draw that !
I don't know why he thinks we all love Beatrice Potter. I mean I do... but not enough to be obsessed with any of her drawings from the book. I love her life. Im 63 not 8

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
Prior to her fastening his mask they'd been seated together, then they stood to fix the mask. When Dan walked past SJ with his horrible mask & tongue 👅 action he was carrying 2 glasses and heading toward Sabine & Curtis. Then after observing the video flow, I presume Dan & Sabine went through into the glassed area where they sat in the corner and SJ spoke to Curtis about the ash trays. You can see Dan & Sabine over Curtis's shoulder The drinks were for him & her.
I think you are reading way too much into this, she must come from money or how else could she afford to stay there, because even if Fanny is paying her it will not be big money, would she really think Dan is a good prospect, I somehow doubt it. So until I see better evidence I will remain with my opinion of he’s sniffing around and she’s having non of it 😁

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
Seems it’s same olde same olde

just enough cash to get to Spain

but a difinitive nod to Tattle.life
Using an initial nick name
😈😈😈

one thing for sure - thank god Pa Petherick is the brains of the business
… seems METHERICK hasent a business brain 🧠
Sold out on all…😂😂😂
Youtube
Menu
€0.00Cart

Squirrel Nutkin
🔍
02-scaled-600x800.jpg
02-scaled.jpg

Home / Original Artwork / Squirrel Nutkin
Squirrel Nutkin
02-225x300.jpg

€299.00
Out of stock
Related Products
Squirrel Nutkin
Category Original Artwork

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
I renting a mini. I cant help it they are so cute lol Im so looking forward to it all
Hope you're going when the weather is a bit warmer though. Normandy can be a bit chilly this time of year. Be prepared for a bit of rain. That's why it's so green and lush. Ahh, I had a mini in my younger years, in fact two. A white one then a red one. The modern ones are very different to what we had in the UK in the 80s. You will wish you were there for longer I promise you.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I've been a follower and patron of CD from the start. Began to feel uncomfortable when she started the opening of gifts but SJ very wisely set up a separate channel that I've never watched otherwise I would probably have ejected back then. This month is my last as a patron. The channel is too repetitive and I'm sick of porcelain, fabrics, partying, and most of all nothing being finished. There's so much money coming in she could have a squad of builders working to get things done. It's also sad to see Dan being sucked into the circus and his family breaking up. Of the current chateau cast the only ones I have any time for are Annalise and Kirsty. Both seem like genuine and kind souls. Hope they don't get the life sucked out of them like many others have done. I've just discovered the How to renovate a chateau channel. It's nice to see owners working on their own home and finishing things and their place looks warm.They are getting things done without the wads of cash that SJ receives every month. Money seems to be wasted at Laland and value for money never seems to matter. I nearly fell off my chair when she said she spent forty thousand in the first week in March. It just rolled off her tongue so easily. The way things are going at LL I can see nothing but trouble ahead. I wouldn't be surprised if she sells or rents out the chateau in a few years time and moves to somewhere more in keeping with her lifestyle like Venice or the south of France. It took me a couple of years to wise up, but at least I did. I'm sure others will too, unless she starts to put more effort into the renovations.
Welcome. You are amongst friends. Glad you saw through the smoke and mirrors. Have a look at the wiki at the top, pink button. Lots of info to read and catch up on. How did you find us?

Reactions: 18
This is taken completely out of context . He was portraying a character from National Lampoon . Which if you watch has also um “bolstered his ego “
I dont care. I like them. quirky maybe but good people

Hope you're going when the weather is a bit warmer though. Normandy can be a bit chilly this time of year. Be prepared for a bit of rain. That's why it's so green and lush. Ahh, I had a mini in my younger years, in fact two. A white one then a red one. The modern ones are very different to what we had in the UK in the 80s. You will wish you were there for longer I promise you.
Im hoping mid August

Reactions: 7
On the Michael and art front . He is nothing more than a reasonably talented hobby sketcher and watercolour artist as far as I can make out. I am by no means an artist but I could copy to that degree and I wouldn't dream of trying to sell it. Likewise my ex husband and my daughter, much more talented than me, and never even considered selling their drawings. It is a sad fact that this is purely a case of sad people thinking that if they buy his stuff or donate money they can claim to be associated to someone that is famous. Listen, he was on a C4 Programme for a few minutes. He was a friend of another person that was on a C4 programme for a few minutes and that is the basis of their fame and fan base. So very, very sad. He is not an artist worthy of selling his work for that amount of money and that is not what the poor suckers are buying. They are buying sad association with someone they have no connection with and they have no real knowledge of. I wouldn't be surprised if his relatives bought the original pieces just to make him believe in his idea. Luckily for lazy people like this, there are enough suckers out there prepared to give them money.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
I
I dont care. I like them. quirky maybe but good people

Im hoping mid August
I want to visit the beaches of Normandy but if it's to much I won't. I just want to lay back and chill and not feel too pushed to do anything really but enjoy some amazing food and wine in the food and wine capital of the world

I

I want to visit the beaches of Normandy but if it's to much I won't. I just want to lay back and chill and not feel too pushed to do anything really but enjoy some amazing food and wine in the food and wine capital of the world
I need to start a go fund me page to pay for it all. :p Im just kidding. I will be paying myself. Its crazy though how much free stuff SJ gets and shes got more money than I do. Especially after the divorce where it all gets split down the middle

Reactions: 7
I

You will find much better food out of the capital then. Don't get me wrong, there is amazing food to be found in Paris, but at Paris prices. Out of Paris you will find REAL French food at French prices. There are some lovely programmes to be seen on UK Television by various UK chefs doing tours of France and great eating places. Rick Stein is one of them recently. But many more. I think heading South and West is the best!!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
So, is the sawdust treated with something that prevents it from being used as mulch or added to the compost heap?
Sawdust from natural wood is ideal for composting. The dust from 'manmade' boards is not, MDF dust is even carcinogenic.

• Wow
Reactions: 17
I

I need to start a go fund me page to pay for it all. :p Im just kidding. I will be paying myself. Its crazy though how much free stuff SJ gets and shes got more money than I do. Especially after the divorce where it all gets split down the middle
If going in August, be aware that a lot of French businesses close down for the month for their annual holidays. Some restaurants close down because their regular clientele have all buggered off for the month. The tourist places will be heaving. If you are not tied to that month for business reasons in the US I would go for June or September. Just my take on it. Everything will be a lot more expensive in August. Flights, Car hire, hotel rooms, gites all double in price in August. You will get a lot more bang for your buck if you go outside of August.

Reactions: 20
Welcome @Threetanks from a fellow ex patreon (a few months only).
I believe if more fundamental/structural renovations had been done then more funds would have been raised as more viewers would have connected to the financial requirements- felt more sympathy. She may have broaden her audience from the types in the live chat. Now the farmhouse is a bigger mess inside and out (although I agree the tree felling is a good investment). The chapel could have been done - part restoration only like the roof but just painting or cladding the walls. Would make a great exhibition space or shop for La La gifts. I mean SJ bought a postcard display stand in case she starts producing postcards for guests.

Reactions: 14
With the "few and far between" vlogs of shite quality that Fanny has been producing ("How to Make a Cuppa" was a joke), I find watching lawn care videos far more entertaining. One of my faves is Blade Mate Lawn Care in Australia- he uses the funds he generates from Patreon to support charities and to sort the yards of elderly and disabled persons who need it- and there are results at the end of every episode. What a difference from Fanny, who can't provide any factual accounting information of where her Patreon money actually went, and is busy traveling, quaffing champers, and having parties constantly. SMH- why on earth are people still giving her money?
I get the same relaxing vibes from the TruClean rug cleaning channel. As a bit of a neat freak there’s just something so satisfying about their videos. Especially as they’re in direct contrast to Fanny Flash’s never ending, never finished tit show of expanding filth!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.