The Chateau Diaries #129 the shyttoo is full with people who are mostly full of themselves....

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've been a follower and patron of CD from the start. Began to feel uncomfortable when she started the opening of gifts but SJ very wisely set up a separate channel that I've never watched otherwise I would probably have ejected back then. This month is my last as a patron. The channel is too repetitive and I'm sick of porcelain, fabrics, partying, and most of all nothing being finished. There's so much money coming in she could have a squad of builders working to get things done. It's also sad to see Dan being sucked into the circus and his family breaking up. Of the current chateau cast the only ones I have any time for are Annalise and Kirsty. Both seem like genuine and kind souls. Hope they don't get the life sucked out of them like many others have done. I've just discovered the How to renovate a chateau channel. It's nice to see owners working on their own home and finishing things and their place looks warm.They are getting things done without the wads of cash that SJ receives every month. Money seems to be wasted at Laland and value for money never seems to matter. I nearly fell off my chair when she said she spent forty thousand in the first week in March. It just rolled off her tongue so easily. The way things are going at LL I can see nothing but trouble ahead. I wouldn't be surprised if she sells or rents out the chateau in a few years time and moves to somewhere more in keeping with her lifestyle like Venice or the south of France. It took me a couple of years to wise up, but at least I did. I'm sure others will too, unless she starts to put more effort into the renovations.
I do agree abt everything said of LL but when How to ... started to have paid collaborations I stopped watching. WHY do they all ruin the genuine thing they started with?! It's like the story of the Goose and the Golden eggs.

Reactions: 8
watching Dan finally attempt at finishing extensions on the house i wonder how long lived that will be and was shocked at the fact SJ lent the equipment the digger for it too nearly end up like this . We all no he had no idea that the tracks need regular maintenance , until they came off at one stage. He is way out of his depth it seems and insurance wont pay for her equipment should it over turn if its not on her property. And without a proper licence to operate the heavy machine what are they thinking!
. View attachment 1135909
I just cannot watch that vlog. I saw the thumbnail and kept on scrolling. Stupidity!

Reactions: 13
Did you see the video Selmar made for his patrons which went viral? It covered why he left due to the horrendous treatment of him and Tatti by Natti.
Yes I did see the video. One of the many chinks now appearing in Lalandes armour.

Reactions: 18
I do agree abt everything said of LL but when How to ... started to have paid collaborations I stopped watching. WHY do they all ruin the genuine thing they started with?! It's like the story of the Goose and the Golden eggs.
I don’t mind the paid collaboration. They are having to put in an effort to incorporate it into the vlog. Sometimes I watch it sometimes I don’t FF is an amazing button. But the main thing is they are producing results at the chateau.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Well, there's always the slight chance that I have been wrong from the beginning and did accidentally look the other way when all this upgrading to meet with regulations and law happened. Contracts? Social fees? Release forms? And who has she hired to take care of all that administration? The Argentinian bully Nasty Nutty, who can't even seem to contain herself in front of guests that ask legitimate questions about services they pay for? Is she the one to guard the laws about providing a healthy work environment?
Lying in public makes things exponentially more complicated when you are officially under audit, just sayin'. Tick Tock.
That bloody clock is taking a hell of a long time to run out. Must be one minute to midnight by now.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I don’t mind the paid collaboration. They are having to put in an effort to incorporate it into the vlog. Sometimes I watch it sometimes I don’t FF is an amazing button. But the main thing is they are producing results at the chateau.
Absolutely, they are doing a fantastic job but it just take the charm away IMO.

Reactions: 4
@Pekey, dahling, I think he's in Queensland, but I could be wrong. I suspect it is north based on the fauna. He seems like a truly good bloke.
For one member of our household, it's some bloke in Sydney that cleans drains - and I kid you not, it's really compelling stuff. Who'd have thought! I prefer the backyard clear-ups with mowing, strimming, pruning and power washing. I watched Billy's vlog in which he power washes his chateau and nope, before and after, I couldn't spot the difference.

I'm a reluctant American.
Which probably means you vote Democrat. 🤣

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Congratulations @sideways !!!
Safe travels! Have a wonderful trip!!

Have you watched Les Frenchies on Youtube? They are a hoot. They have a terrific vlog about all the in's and out's and great things about Paris...

You are going to LOVE AF's 1st class. I've done it only two times and it is TDF!!!
I watch Les Frenchies. Watching her eat is an education. Glorious French food and she might as well be using a shovel to eat it. Yikes!

• Wow
Reactions: 2
OMG has anyone else had evil thoughts about sending undercover Tattler merch (I know it doesn't exist......yet) or we could have a competition to see who sends the most revolting gift/cheapest and it gets opened on the channel? Hell, for all I know, this is already happening.
How bout sending little lord Phillip a stuffed🦔 with a recording device?

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I think you are reading way too much into this, she must come from money or how else could she afford to stay there, because even if Fanny is paying her it will not be big money, would she really think Dan is a good prospect, I somehow doubt it. So until I see better evidence I will remain with my opinion of he’s sniffing around and she’s having non of it 😁
I don't see where finances come into a liaison if that is indeed what it is . I certainly didn't think for a minute there was any long term commitment if indeed any at all. It seems odd that he chose to hang out with her and not the men or even Cat who appears to be one of the boys at times. She looked to be the one out of place in the workhop given its Amoury's domain and Dan uses occasionally. So who was doing the sniffing?

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
Seems it’s same olde same olde

just enough cash to get to Spain
It would be disappointing if Michael suddenly popped over to Spain after collecting his first website paycheck (it wouldn’t be surprising….just disappointing). However, the website was a smart move on his part. He’s dropped any pretense about using money he earns to renovate the gardeners cottage. It’s money he’s earning by selling his work, so he can do with it as he pleases. In the past, he said his “dream” was to renovate the gardeners cottage. Most people would put all their energy and resources into realizing their dream. You would think Michael would use the proceeds from his sales to renovate the cottage….or grow his website business. But, based on history, he may very well take the money, run off somewhere, then come back when he’s broke again. We’ll see if he’s really turned over a new leaf…or if it’s just same old, same old.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Let's not forget that all this money that strangers are "investing' will never, ever be refunded or recognised in any way. So what if your name is on a piece of woodworm ridden wood panelling never to be seen. It won't be anyway. So what if you are offered the chance to spend a day hanging around the gardens that aren't even landscaped properly but all done on the cheap (stone chippings FFS?) . But to do that you will have to shell out for flights and accommodation elsewhere because there are only 5 rooms available and, if all the Patrons turned up, well it it doesn't bear thinking about - the crowds?. Complete empty gesture - a summer open day!! At the end of the day the owners can just sell up and bugger off and the patrons will have nothing to show for the faux 'investment'. It's really pathetic and it makes me so angry (can you tell?). If I could shake some sense into every one of them I would!
There you have it..."done on the cheap". The whole interior and exterior are being "done on the cheap". Tasteless and tacky. The food-"done on the cheap". SJ herself "done on the cheap". It's all lipstick on a pig.

• Haha
  • Heart
I just cannot watch that vlog. I saw the thumbnail and kept on scrolling. Stupidity!
It really was an accident waiting to happen... the stupid comments full of admiration of his digger skills... there was no skill involved trying to get out of the predicament he put himself in. More like a wing and a prayer.. it's not even his equipment... he has no respect for other peoples equipment... what if it had tipped up, what if he had seriously hurt himself he doesn't even wear a hard hat... I didn't see the boys or the dogs so thankfully they were kept away from the area. All came good but it wasn't because of any skills. He's a Jack of all trades and master of none.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
It has occurred to me. is she stashing the Patreon money up to buy Baghead Nic out of the shitoo. Maybe he's had enough of the crap and wants out and she sees the patreon money as a way to do that? I wouldn't be surprised. Also buy Potty out and she then owns it outright and can sell when she feels she can get away with it.

When you think of how often Nic visits having that level of money invested in a place that is not being looked after properly would piss me off big time . What would you think his investment level is. £400k? I can imagine he could do a LOT with that kind of dosh without the mad ex on the books.

Also if he is a part owner, and her Patron paid for renovations have caused ANY uplift in value, is he entitled to half of that uplift too? Because in the UK that would be the case. She's working her butt off making videos and begging and Nic and Potty get half of it if it's actually invested into the shitoo. Perhaps that's another reason why she's not actually getting any work done. Discuss?
Maybe Nic's intelligent,accomplished wife has had enough. I can't imagine why she is allowing her identity to be shown in conjunction with a fraudulent set up. This association with the likes of SJ will come back to bite her- everything is well documented, her next high level promotion will include social media exposure investigation.

Reactions: 16
How bout sending little lord Phillip a stuffed🦔 with a recording device?
If I visited the chateau, I'd secretly place stickers that read "Souvenir of Blackpool UK" or some other tacky seaside resort on all of daddy's paintings.

(I did this once at a friend's stately home in Ireland. They didn't notice for months!)

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Just a little thought, why do accountants and chartered accountants spend years (even after university) studying for exams to further themselves? How stupid are they, all they have to do is try the 'Fanny Formulae', gather up a few plastic shopping bags of receipts, the odd shoe box, a donated Apple Mac laptop and begin. If there are gaps missing, just think of things to fill them . Voila. Simples

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Just a little thought, why do accountants and chartered accountants spend years (even after university) studying for exams to further themselves? How stupid are they, all they have to do is try the 'Fanny Technique', gather up a few plastic shopping bags of receipts, the odd shoe box, a donated Apple Mac laptop and begin. If there are gaps missing, just think of things to fill them . Voila. Simples
I think that’s what frustrates me the most about Fanny and those like her. There are people who study for years to learn their profession or skills, work hard, pay their taxes, and earn a modest living. Then there are people like Fanny who have life handed to them and take in money “hand over fist“ despite making mistake after mistake. The manipulation, deception, lies, and smoke and mirrors…yet people are still willing to throw money at her. And for what? She’s not curing a disease, negotiating world peace, or providing a tangible service. She’s not even selling artwork like her BFF Michael! People are simply buying into some fake lifestyle that Fanny has fabricated. Truly baffling and disgusting.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.