The Chateau Diaries #128 part of her home fell in and she just went to sleep

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Also, the housekeeper who works 3 hours per week only cleans Fanny’s apartment. Fanny doesn’t care how filthy the rest of the Shittoo is as long as her area has been cleaned. Let them eat cake indeed.
Huh? Where did you get that from? Her room is filthy. No way someone is spends 3 hours a week cleaning that cluttered disaster.

Reactions: 6
Her mistreatment of Hanni, who obviously had a serious crush on her, perfectly illustrates Fanny's cruel lovebombing, and narcissistic destructive tendency to use and abuse those who fall under her spell!
And Fanny took advantage of HAnnie’s feelings to get more gifts, attention, and money from her. It is how she works. This wasn’t Fanny‘s first rodeo. She has done this repeatedly to many, many people throughout her life.

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 30
Hanni (who we all have different opinions on- it varies anywhere from "Single-White-Female" to on the autism spectrum) was the most generous of all the Patrons, and lavished Fanny & Co with gifts- Hanni was the top tier Patron, who PAID to stay at the Shitoo WHILE being a volunteer as well. (WHAT?!?) She brought cases of Bollinger, bought a crap ton of gifts for the Shitoo (even the pepper grinder), lavished Fanny with gifts, paid for the satellite internet, and after staying longer than her intended stay, had to eventually return to the UK to work. Upon her return, it was awkward AF, to say the least, as Fanny was by then with Squirrel Nut Zipper, and Hanni cut short her stay, and stopped being a Patron.
How do you know she is longer a patron? Is there a list of Patrons? I could have sworn I saw her post a comment on one of the vlogs not long ago.

Reactions: 7
...the point of this post is to say that it is my opinion that there is no way she has opened her home to a "refugee". She had to have known someone that knew this young woman, or this young woman may have been already que-ed up to volunteer there. What about the Russian volunteer from Cyprus - Maria Sidorova - perhaps she knew this young woman from Ukraine? I just am having trouble believing that this is some random act of goodness to bring in a person who needs refuge from what is happening in her country.

It will be spun that way, of course.
you know what .......... I reckon you are BANG ON THE MONEY !!!

I mean, why only one refugee if you are that kind and want to help. :cautious:

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I think it’s odd how Stephanie still sometimes jumps around or moves “like Hanni”. Is she trying to call her back or keep her interest?

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
I did wonder that when I was price checking items. I wonder if anything has been sold off.
I think she would sell anything of value first in unwanted gifts, keep extra scarves, mitten, etc. for the B and B and only donate the crappiest items. OR

Phi phi mentioned wanting to open a shop or antique shop in one of workshop areas at the Shittoo. I wonder if they are stockpiling items from the gift grab to sell in this shop, if it is ever established.

• Wow
Reactions: 14
I think one of the reasons she is redoing the Marquis apartment on Chateau DIY is so she can add another redecorated apartment on the Patreon's dime that she can lease out for income. She would have, Isabelle's apartment, Potty's apartment, Gerry's apartment, will finish Nutty's apartment, and the Marquis apartment finished so she can lease them out for big bucks for her and her 2 ghost partners in grifting, Nic and Potts. I think that is why she is so hot to install a pool, redo the tennis court, and do all the gardens and landscaping so it looks good on the outside and people will want to rent the apartments out but not stay too long to realize what a dangerous tit hole it actually is. I think that is also why she wants the woods cleared finally of all the overgrowth and dead trees and trails established. She wants to restore the pond and do the facade to complete the look. It is typical Fanny, all form and no substance.

Remember she leased out an apartment when she had a dangerous electrical fire at the Shittoo. She has never replaced or fixed the electrical issues at the Shittoo and then continued to lease the apartments in a dangerous condition She was too lazy to leave Venice on vacation (because she wanted to show off a new crown she purchased with her last few hundred pounds of cash) to come back to the Shittoo after the"devastating" fire.

Fanny just wants to make sure that they get the new renovations done that will generate big money for her and her cohorts, Nic and Potts, so when the grifting stops, she can finance her travels and lifestyle with the apartment cash.
Someone I know of had a pool installed at her place in Normandy about 6 years ago. I was told at the time it cost approximately €65,000, which included all the bells and whistles such as pool security fencing and alarms (a must have by law in France), paving, some landscaping, maintenance, lighting etc. Here's a rundown of what installing a swimming pool costs in France. It begins innocuously enough with prices at around €20,000 for the very basics i.e. dig the hole yourself type thing, but when one adds the extra costs, including annual taxes, the price skyrockets. Patrons might think twice before dipping their toes in the water.

Reactions: 16
I did wonder that when I was price checking items. I wonder if anything has been sold off.
Well. I have a theory. Remember when Ian’s wife opened a consignment shop? That was not long after the big closet clean out after he demo-d the walls in her bedroom/office. We never really saw her closet after that. She kind of wrapped it up by saying they moved some of her cocktail dresses into he costume cabinet and others would be “sold”. I think she sent all of her old tit to Ian’s wife’s store. There were tons of designer labels in her hoard and I’ll bet she wouldn’t have parted with them without getting any money she could. We also never saw if she really did get rid of a bunch, or if she stuffed it all back in her closet. That was a very weird unfinished project.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 32

And there's the 1 million dollar question. The Chateau has plenty of unused rooms and space to house more than just ONE person.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
The difference is Dick Strawbridge values his walled garden because he's a very good amateaur chef who appreciates good food and enjoys the pleasure of serving guests and providing for his family.

The garden has never been Fanny's thing. The outdoors is not Fanny's thing - she hates walking, sports, swimming and the garden was Mummy's domain to putter in. Fanny doesn't really enjoy cooking and I suspect eating that much, unless it's a meal out and she doesn't have to cook.
Fanny told Ollie in a video that her favorite position was reclining. This was in response to Ollie apologizing to Stephanie for making her walk to a location to film their travel blog

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
If a vlog expose is done regarding Cadeaux its important not to shame those who send the gifts. Just highlight their donations and money would go much further if directed to local charities that really need & would appreciate the assistance.

Many of the letters which accompany the gifts are heartfelt and sincere. Gifts are sometimes sent by people who are very lonely or have gone through some terrible event in their life . They enjoy Grabeaux/CD because it makes them feel part of a larger 'family and Fanny capitalizes on that.

The issue is Stephanme.
- she takes advantage of the good nature and loneliness of many of these people
- she doesn't need any these items
- its gross consumerism
- it feeds Stephanie's hoarding tendencies
- she gains a charitable donation as a tax write-off
- she keeps the items which far exceed the value of the charitable donation
- she appears not to pay proper taxes/excise duties on the items received
- she receives kick-backs for her donations (ex: Villioti Institute)
- shows little proof of where the donations are made - would be nice if she visited more of these places (ex: Gerry visiting the Art location)
- there's an excessive cost to sending the gifts (ex: wrapping paper, cards, boxes, shipping costs)
- its wasteful - paper, cardboard, huge carbon footprint as most items from overseas (US)
- items Stephanie doesn't want she claims she gives to charity, but better people gave to their own local charities and not incur the additional costs
- significant employee time is wasted administering Cadeaux (ex: tracking gifts, pre-opening gifts, filming, editing). This time could be better spent properly managing her B&B, renovation projects & properly tracking her accounts

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 31
And 40% of that went to SA fashion scholarship/school
For which she received a custom dress and couture dresses for herself. I think Îsabelle git a dress also. And the porcelain fondler got his costume for Venice for free. Remember thenpm wheeling out their grocery cart stuffed full of clothing?

Reactions: 20
Someone I know of had a pool installed at her place in Normandy about 6 years ago. I was told at the time it cost approximately €65,000, which included all the bells and whistles such as pool security fencing and alarms (a must have by law in France), paving, some landscaping, maintenance, lighting etc. Here's a rundown of what installing a swimming pool costs in France. It begins innocuously enough with prices at around €20,000 for the very basics i.e. dig the hole yourself type thing, but when one adds the extra costs, including annual taxes, the price skyrockets. Patrons might think twice before dipping their toes in the water.

I have a saltwater heated pool (already installed, it is a medium-sized pool.) In the US, chlorine tablets are now running at $150 per 25 lbs- while our pool uses a chlorine generating salt cell, we still use the chlorine tabs in our floating duck to help compensate for condensation, too much rain, etc. Right now, a pool of our size (just a basic pool- not saltwater, nor with a heater) runs about $65K (not saltwater, add another 8K for the heater, and another $30K for the concrete/pavers around the pool.) The maintenance alone- in the US, you're looking at MINIMAL of $150/month (not including the water you need to refill it during the dry season). SMH, Fanny- there is a war going on and your Shitoo has no heat- why on EARTH would you choose a damn pool? Get the insulation, windows and heat sorted first.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
For which sh received a custom dress and couture dresses for herself. I think Îsabelle git a dress also. And the porcelain fondler got his costume for Venice for free. Remember thenpm wheeling out their grocery cart stuffed full of clothing?
I have a saltwater heated pool (already installed, it is a medium-sized pool.) In the US, chlorine tablets are now running at $150 per 25 lbs- while our pool uses a chlorine generating salt cell, we still use the chlorine tabs in our floating duck to help compensate for condensation, too much rain, etc. Right now, a pool of our size (just a basic pool- not saltwater, nor with a heater) runs about $65K (not saltwater, add another 8K for the heater, and another $30K for the concrete/pavers around the pool.) The maintenance alone- in the US, you're looking at MINIMAL of $150/month (not including the water you need to refill it during the dry season). SMH, Fanny- there is a war going on and your Shitoo has no heat- why on EARTH would you choose a damn pool? Get the insulation, windows and heat sorted first.
You can get more $$ for the rooms if there is a pool. They have hot water bottles to stay warm

• Haha
  • Angry
Does anyone know if any items that have been gifted have been spotted on the French equivalent of ebay/gumtree etc? Just wondered.
In honour of this very astute observation, I have written another more appropriate verse to the infamous and sycophantic 'La la Lande' song penned by one of the paying guests and which was featured in one of the vlogs -

Cadeaux cadeaux,
Send your crap to our chateau,
We're desperate for more hedgehogs and a throw,
But you'll never find their trace,
In the void of "Marketplace",
La la Lande,
La la Lande,
La la Lande.

(Thank you, good evening and goodnight! Feel free to add more fun verses). 😆

She can't even keep her own lake filled! How the hell is she to manage a swimming pool? 😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30

Sadly, if one tapped on the door of the Shitoo in the middle of the night, they'd be met by Nuti, "Go Away! We're full!" I can't even imagine the horror or struggles those who are dealing with, but if I had a big home in Europe, would offer them refuge. Even the crap attic, which Fanny could easily house refugees- lord knows she has enough fabrics stored up there to fashion many blankets, could be utilized. Imagine waking up overnight and your home, livelihood, the lives of your children and pets were endangered. Props who those who are truly doing the right thing, and giving safe refuge to those who have lost everything. But Fanny, whilst you are patting yourself on the back, you've done NOTHING- other than offering a safe haven for but ONE person., which you've publicized on social media Shame on you!

• Heart
Hanni (who we all have different opinions on- it varies anywhere from "Single-White-Female" to on the autism spectrum) was the most generous of all the Patrons, and lavished Fanny & Co with gifts- Hanni was the top tier Patron, who PAID to stay at the Shitoo WHILE being a volunteer as well. (WHAT?!?) She brought cases of Bollinger, bought a crap ton of gifts for the Shitoo (even the pepper grinder), lavished Fanny with gifts, paid for the satellite internet, and after staying longer than her intended stay, had to eventually return to the UK to work. Upon her return, it was awkward AF, to say the least, as Fanny was by then with Squirrel Nut Zipper, and Hanni cut short her stay, and stopped being a Patron.
I cant stand Hanni. She was part of the unravelling process for me. She’s extremely squirrelly for someone who’s a lawyer. She bought her way in and I think she wanted Stefunny for herself.

Reactions: 11
My guess is that she'd prefer a pool over heating so that she and her minions can cavort around all summer. That's way more important to her than some silly old heating!

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.