The Chateau Diaries #123 Natalia .O bullies Selmar, Stephanie J. hides the accounts, business as usual at LL

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
May be the hair cut filmed is stock footage Dan had when they were not split up. When Dan approached the car Annalise had daggers in her eyes. She graciously accepted the coffee but it didn't seem like either was comfortable with each other and the interaction was between Annalise or Dan on the child, not each other.
I agree…they definitely didn’t appear to be overly friendly when sitting at the table. And Annalise really didn’t look too excited in the car about having coffee…but, I commend her for making the effort to be civil. It’s got to be so hard for all this to “play out” on camera. But, then again, that’s their choice.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Omg he could totally be taking us for a ride!! Him and Stephanie, getting back at us Tattlera, cooking up a big drama to wind us all up. It’s exactly like something he’d do!
I think Annalise taking a job, especially with the carte de sejour twist Hercule P suggests, argues against a stunt. Would you work in a nursery school for three centavos a day as a stunt? And get welfare support from the French state? As a stunt? If so Dan and Annalise should be in prison.

Reactions: 16
May be the hair cut filmed is stock footage Dan had when they were not split up. When Dan approached the car Annalise had daggers in her eyes. She graciously accepted the coffee but it didn't seem like either was comfortable with each other and the interaction was between Annalise or Dan on the child, not each other.
I think we would have noticed that hair cut ... it's ugly!! Why would he want that!?

Reactions: 11
My 2 cents on D&A's relationship kaboom ....

1) There are actually statistic out there that say that marital (relational) satisfaction takes a huge nose dive when you have children. Much as those little people are cute and you love them they absolutely change you as people (I think especially mothers), and the relationship dynamic has to take a huge switch. Having children really changes a lot of us women, and a lot of our men don't like the change. And then there is how to figure out the care load of children and home. A lot of relationships don't survive the changes needed.
I once asked a really tough pastoral counsellor (Marine chaplain, ER chaplain) what was the number one complaint of his men patients?
He said, "I've lost my wife. She had a baby and it's like I don't exist any more."
I said, what do you tell them?
He said, "Win her back, the way you did when you were dating."

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Hmm... I hear the people saying they might have planned it. I just don't believe it.

- I'd think Annelise is too genuine and good-hearted to do such a "scam" and dupe her subscribers.
- They'd have to keep it up for 6 months and everybody at the farmhouse had to be in on it.
I agree with you, I don't think it's a scam. What bothers me is how Dan & Stephanie have gotten in front of the situation & taken over the narrative.
As for Annalise, she might be feeling sad, overwhelmed and/or nervous about her future. She also could be feeling a little ganged up on by the lalande gang.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 34
SHAME on me for even having these thoughts . . . but this can't possibly be a stunt by Dan right? The views on his video yesterday are already up at 40k and his patreon is up. Then today they are laughing and having fun together. This just feels so weird to me.
I agree that showing normal family life is weird the day after announcing to the world they're split up.

In today's world, I find that kind of vlogging/viewing virtually voyeuristic. What line is crossed where the viewer knows too much and the family are the pawns in a money making venture of their own doing.

I cannot imagine the mindset even if it is six months later.

It's uncomfortable, it's emotional. I wonder what number the lesson is on his schedule that says 'let's create drama and attention!'

The Chateau Diaries lesson for the day is a poor example.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 30
SHAME on me for even having these thoughts . . . but this can't possibly be a stunt by Dan right? The views on his video yesterday are already up at 40k and his patreon is up. Then today they are laughing and having fun together. This just feels so weird to me.
Why would anyone use something like this as a stunt? No, its not a stunt. You can still like someone and be friends after a break up.

Reactions: 10
Dan commented in a vlog Annaleise’s job is for one term only. It is not full time. She will be finished by the summer.

Escape to Rural France lost 42 patreons (11%) last month. Signing up 30 is still a shortfall. Perhaps the patreon drop was the catalyst to go public. I do think comments in Tattler, patreon and vlogs were also contributing.

Maybe if Dan didn’t go to Venice on holiday (as he stated. It was not work) get a tattoo, buy more equipment, more Raybans he would have money to fix the van. So now Annaleise has to drive over 20 mins (probably in opposite direction) to pick him up.

So now he starts fixing leaks in the home of his children. After Venice holiday, tattoo, equipment buying, London, rayban glasses, etc

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 42
I agree with you, I don't think it's a scam. What bothers me is how Dan & Stephanie have gotten in front of the situation & taken over the narrative.
As for Annalise, she might be feeling sad, overwhelmed and/or nervous about her future. She also could be feeling a little ganged up on by the lalande gang.
Or she may not want to air their personal issues to the public. As long as they are remaining friends, getting along and co-parenting their children together then that is all that really matters. I think they deserve to be private with their personal issues.

Reactions: 18
Why would anyone use something like this as a stunt? No, its not a stunt. You can still like someone and be friends after a break up.
I don't think it is a stunt other than the fact that he announced it and then practised an 'anxious wait montage' and now feel that they can show family life.

I would have had my knackers chopped off and ground for meatballs if I ever pulled a trick like that.

Misery vlogging must be a new thing. I won't watch anymore.

I'm sticking to the Fleuries and Dick and Angel.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Annelise has posted a comment on their channel thanking everyone for their support. Hoodwinking/lying to their fans would not be a good idea so I think, sadly, it is a genuine split.
I know she collected him today and I must say she didn't look happy at the Shittoo. A bit happier when she was cutting his hair, but hey, she had the camera shoved right at her again. I checked out her Youtube account yesterday (I was going to subscribe to it) and there's nothing on it. This is just a thought, but maybe she doesn't even use that account. He may have created it to follow the ETRF channel and now he's posted the comment on his "tell all" vlog to make it look even amicable than it is. Its just a idea that's floating round my head. His vlog tonight was pathetic at the beginning.

I think we would have noticed that hair cut ... it's ugly!! Why would he want that!?
He's HOPING it will make him look like Cillian Murphy (in his dreams).

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 21
😶

micaltoy824
9 minutes ago
Is Natie pregnant 🤔 ❤❤

Info by Jack Dotson
38 minutes ago
How is it going with Natalie‘s apartment?

Chateau Unwrapped!
25 minutes ago
Slowly as Ian the Builder is away for the next few weeks!

county kerry
43 minutes ago
Prefer your program to be apolitical !

Chateau Unwrapped!
25 minutes ago
I still believe it to be apolitical. This is a charity channel, and there are people in need

Chateau Unwrapped!
1 hour ago
We are waiting to host a woman from Ukraine, hopefully she will be arriving next week

Barbara Grace
2 hours ago
Where oh where is your friend Mr Petherick ? He is so sadly missed.

Stella Marie Poetry and Green Arts
1 hour ago
Billy says he will be posting soon

Chateau Unwrapped!
1 hour ago
I miss him too! ❤

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
...starting to feel a bit bad for dan...after all...
...he’s human...nobody really knows their story...one doesn’t have to be the saint...and the other the sinner...

...the boys will be fine...they have family to love and care for them...they will all be fine...
...so...go ahead...break out the little bitty angry faces everyone...😎...whatever...

...now Stephanie...she was really rubbing it in...and gloating ... creepy...
...Lalande is cursed...all who enter are ruined in some way...anyone with a soul should stay far...far away...
...toodles...😘

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Escape to Rural France lost 42 patreons (11%) last month.
They were at 347 on 2/2 and 321 on 3/2 not sure where you got 42 from. They are already back up to 332 on 3/7. They haven't seen any kind of dip besides the normal first of the month drop. They've been steadily climbing. They've gained 100 patrons since 8/2 (they were at 222).

Reactions: 5
My 2 cents on D&A's relationship kaboom ....

1) There are actually statistic out there that say that marital (relational) satisfaction takes a huge nose dive when you have children. Much as those little people are cute and you love them they absolutely change you as people (I think especially mothers), and the relationship dynamic has to take a huge switch. Having children really changes a lot of us women, and a lot of our men don't like the change. And then there is how to figure out the care load of children and home. A lot of relationships don't survive the changes needed.

2) Dan might want all the comments on his vlog to stay kind for his boys to read in the future ... HOWEVER ... those boys will have eyes, and they can watch all the vlogs they and both of their parents are on, and they can see what we've seen. They will see the way their dad treated their mother during the kitchen reno at their house. How he pushed his agenda on design, how when they went shopping he wouldn't even let her buy a simple plant. They will see Annalise talk to Dan in stores and at home, and he completely ignores her. They will see that. AND I half wonder if Annalise got a different view on it watching it on video, and seeing people comment on it.

3) Dan's shift to his daily vlogs and all the pushing to do renos for content ... me thinks that Annalise saw less and less of him and had less and less support and became a vlogger's widow. Dan seemed to become obsessed with vlogging lots. And he became more and more cocky in his vlogs. I'm just guessing, but I bet this created a lot of tension. A woman doesn't want her man so busy all the time and so focused on a hobby or making an income, or even a reno, that you don't have time for decent family life and couple time.

4) I think all the above things came to a head, I think Dan got to the end of his rope and found sympathy in the La lande crowd. And I think he just stopped wanting to put effort into his relationship with Annalise. So he moved out, over to La lande, the cesspool that it is. He had lots of friends over there. And I personally think they were all friends at that stage. But, they welcome him in and instead of encouraging him to go home and work it out and think that he may need to change some patterns, they likely did the opposite.

5) Annalise does not look happy in the car when he asked if she wanted to come in for coffee. She is trying and he's got the damn camera on her, so what can she say .... I don't think she sees la lande as a place of support for her. I think that she's hurt because HE left and moved out and didn't stay and work things out.

6) She looked happy cutting his hair ... because frankly, she knows that hair cut makes him look like a cartoon ... so if other women want to bed him looking ridiculous, well .... she also knows she can take those sheers and have a big oops and make him bald!

7) I'm not convinced there was another woman prior to moving into La Lande in September .... maybe ... has there been since he moved in? maybe .... but I can tell you, if I was Annalise, I would NOT enter that building if there was something going on. I can't imagine having my ex in vlogs hanging out with other women the way he has. But then I think she is a much nicer person than I am.

8) And I do think it is karma that his van his broken down! LOL ... other than that it now means more driving for Annalise ... but for him I'm laughing about it.

* thought now off my chest *
Lady Rosalie I agree with all but am very thankful that I married a moral, loyal & faithful man.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
So, Bubble Girl is now claiming long covid. 🤔 As she belts out a tune. I will not post it all here.
Did Maaike Hillen, contract covid at Lalande or from Lalande???

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
I don’t think it’s likely, but it’s possible. They could always reconcile and get back together…things like that have happened before. We would never know if it was legitimate or just an “act.”
Before I watched it, I did wonder if it was just click bait for a joke but watching it, I thought it was true. If not, it was a pretty awful thing to do! If it had been a joke, it would have purely been aimed at and reacting to Tattle comments but I don't think SJ would have mentioned it on two Patreon videos if it wasn't true. Also, it would have been too risky for both Dan and Anneliese to lie to patrons.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
Did Maaike Hillen, contract covid at Lalande or from Lalande???
More importantly, does she blame Philip Janssen for letting her arrive at Lalande despite it being a den of diseases?
She made her bed, now she can lie in it... with COVID!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Or she may not want to air their personal issues to the public. As long as they are remaining friends, getting along and co-parenting their children together then that is all that really matters. I think they deserve to be private with their personal issues.
That's the age old argument isn't? When you make your life public, what aspects do you or can you keep private? If you keep something such as dissolution of a marriage or relationship a secret, people rightfully feel duped. Especially when the premise of your vlogs is about your family life.

Reactions: 22
I once asked a really tough pastoral counsellor (Marine chaplain, ER chaplain) what was the number one complaint of his men patients?
He said, "I've lost my wife. She had a baby and it's like I don't exist any more."
I said, what do you tell them?
He said, "Win her back, the way you did when you were dating."
And where did the baby come from come from?Takes two. She didnt go out and buy it. He was obviously up for the fun part! Selfish or what!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.