The Chateau Diaries #12 Carry on grifting

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Marie, Selmar and Philip all appear to be lost souls, albeit the Page of the Back Stairs is brasher than the other two. Surely he has to be hiding from something. It's not normal for a young man of his age to be traipsing around trying to ingratiate himself with a woman almost old enough to be his mother. I wonder what his parents make of it? I hope Cat's parent have taken the opportunity to shake her by the shoulders, although she did at least have an online job managing a virtual choir, so not completely wasting her time like the other poor sods.
What pray tell does an online manager of a virtual choir actually pay? And please forgive my ignorance because I live in the states but doesn’t each country want their residents to stay in their home country in the event they get Covid while let’s say living in rural France? Who picks up the tab then? And the hospital is nearly an hour away so who gets a bed? A virtual choir manager from the UK? A raising Dutch social media star? Or an actual someone who is actually French? With IJ flown the coup do we even have one in the cast?

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Marie seems pretty happy at the moment from her blog posts.

"I received my approval for a pre-settlement status in the Uk today, which made me really happy. I do miss England and I look forward to being settled there again. Please don´t get me wrong, I adore living here at Lalande, but I want to settle down a little bit more then I have done for the last few years. I´v been wanting to get a velvet sofa for years now, but I´ve never stayed long enough in one place to do so."
" I´ve been writing contracts and I hope to finish them as soon as possible since I have to send them off to a few clients already. Yay! It´s really nice to see things progress."
Don't know what to say to someone who doesn't have a car or a real place to live but desires a velvet sofa. Hmm...priorities?

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I think they were weak on Ettc and production got rid of them , their YT channels are also boring in my opinion, MK is making excuses and in doing so has threatened A&D livelihoods, he is a lazy , doesn’t want to work and is happy to ask others to fund him , I think he was happy to be paid for the design but when he saw Angel making more money from it he got greedy and wanted a bigger slice of the pie , I believe it was Angela idea , why would MK have that idea when it’s not his potege, garden or story ? He was hired and paid , he needs to stop believing his own hype ! His ego is out of control
I agree. I have watched a few bits of their channels & they seem a dull bunch. If you have a beef against someone who you did business with it isn't appropriate to post a vlog about it.

Agent 007

you have asserted in the most eloquent polite manner -
as a man of stature would

whilst new foundlings ( above)
add a certain frisson to the debate -

🚨 be aware certain smyted ppls will have absorbed the entire thesaurus this weekend in a vain attempt to disguise their unbelievable ego ....

the aforementioned strikes a cord - difficult for a trotter to disearn
exactly WHAT section of their vast media said shite ..
about them ....
when and where 🎯

MOLD s assertion that his follicle challenge head was a comment
here -
was disproven within minutes of his grubby utterance ...

Simply never happend ... FACT

what clarity the tattle community have established is that
despite ALlUDing to various observations -
most in a witty repartee ......
it was all facts that stayed on this media outlet

unlike the rabid hoard that dispensed blind justice to D &A on a tit storm

stirred up WHOLY by FAnny & MOLD
Charlatans wanting to hide
their flaws
Their insecurities
Their gross 🤮 blind devotion to themself’s

their inability to comprehend that just because they video their own narrative

dosent mean it’s the TRUTH

you can put lipstick 💄
On a pig 🐽

ITS STILL A 🐷
The reason why Mr Petherick junior is quoting things incorrectly is because he has probably been given a run down on the telephone by someone about what he should be enraged about. I notice he also mentioned his laugh, I can't see that his laugh has been mentioned anywhere. I thought it was the snort machine page boy who had the weird annoying laugh. I'm guessing that someone who has 12 threads about her might be a little more cross about gossip but has kept her hands clean on this particular issue by winding up someone else and pointing them in this direction.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Which is unbelievable :rolleyes: I hope she paid a lump sum of 10€ for that cold, damp, dark crap shack.
And don’t forget she didn’t even get the side with the natural light. That was reserved for Oliver who hasn’t been there painting at all because there is a pandemic! She really is abused by SJ.

Reactions: 10
Select the text then a little quote popup button appears. Click on that, and it is inserted.
Not to add to the possible legal troubles SJ might find herself in, but does anybody know if it's allowed in France to have a mobile home (Selmar) on your property indefinitely? Here's what I found:

Planning laws forbid the permanent installation of a mobile home on private land, whether your own, or that of another person. They must either be installed either on a residential leisure park created for this purpose, either a parc residentiel de loisirs or a village de vacance en hebergement.
Even where they are installed on an authorised site, it cannot be for a period longer than two consecutive years. This is to prevent these sites becoming used for permanent homes.
No formal permission is required to install a mobile home on private land for less than three months (15 days in a protected area), but beyond this timescale the owner must seek the approval of the planning authority. The three month period need not be consecutive.

Selmar has been there since March last year, right?
He probably gets away with it because he occasionally leaves for a few days or a week at a time. So it's not permanent.

But, as I understand the rules, for him to keep using his camper van, she should get permission from the planning authorities to make it legal. There's many rooms in that house, not just for him, it doesn't make it legal for everybody to go camp there.
My understanding is the rules apply to mobile homes not camper vans , had a look on line and a mobile home must be towed to move it. You rightly Say mobile homes are covered by planning .

Reactions: 4
For those of you who understand French I've got an example here (found on a French taxation forum) of someone who's received Patreon money and doesn't seem to know how or where to declare it. It all seems to be completely unregulated.

Patreon.com lui même n'a pas d'explication là dessus, j'ai juste dû signer un formulaire pour signifier que mes dons étaient payés en dehors des USA (pour leur propre compta, j'imagine), argent que je reçois par paypal, puis transfère sur mon compte.

He goes on to say that "ça reste plutôt flou et vague".

I think some clarification is needed as I don't see why I and everyone else should work and pay tax while these people get paid a fortune for making a few videos and don't seem to pay any tax at all.

J'en ai ras le bol de cette situation ! Le fisc ne sera pas tendre avec SJ et MP !
Ok I put that into Translate and got what it means. All I know here in Ireland, if self employed / business owner you have to legally declare all monies received - now you can lie and not declare and fingers crossed you never get audited when it will be found out unless it's in a brown paper bag. But money making its way into any account, private or business, via paypal or revolut etc is supposed to be declared and is taxed accordingly if its revenue. There will always be a paper trail. Even if you're getting paid in cash a lot, the paper trail is that there is no movement on your credit or debit cards or bank account for day to day living expenses because you're using cash. So while Patreon doesn't care less what you do with money sent via their US business, they don't need to regulate it, you must regulate yourself and declare your income. Easy enough perhaps to not declare and hope you remain below the radar but with a big FAT open Vlog thanking her Top Tier Patrons pus the gifts (undeclared) she's an open book for the French authorities.

• Heart
I would just love to see random fans showing up at the shat-o without calling ahead or being invited. Swarming around, oohing and awing over every little piece of kitsch, plugging up the plumbing, asking for tea, making themselves at home in the grand salon, and then leaving without cleaning up their mess. After all, SJ has invited fans to stop by but only on the weekends but you know how rabid fans are, they only hear what they want to.
You must watch the episode of Father Ted 'Night of the Nearly Dead,' I'm afraid I am not techno savvy enough to show the clip of hundreds of handbag wielding old ladies trying to get into a house.( Lalande when Covid restrictions are lifted." Stephaneeeeeeeeeee Let us in " !!!!!!!!)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Ok I put that into Translate and got what it means. All I know here in Ireland, if self employed / business owner you have to legally declare all monies received - now you can lie and not declare and fingers crossed you never get audited when it will be found out unless it's in a brown paper bag. But money making its way into any account, private or business, via paypal or revolut etc is supposed to be declared and is taxed accordingly if its revenue. There will always be a paper trail. Even if you're getting paid in cash a lot, the paper trail is that there is no movement on your credit or debit cards or bank account for day to day living expenses because you're using cash. So while Patreon doesn't care less what you do with money sent via their US business, they don't need to regulate it, you must regulate yourself and declare your income. Easy enough perhaps to not declare and hope you remain below the radar but with a big FAT open Vlog thanking her Top Tier Patrons pus the gifts (undeclared) she's an open book for the French authorities.
And we all know how great she is with her dealings with the French authorities, anyone missing a lake? All while mommy and Hanni are indisposed. Guess it will be up to Dana to sort the looming tax mess. Interesting that Nic and Potty don’t seem to bother messing with the authorities but something tells me they soon will be....

• Haha
  • Wow
Hello Guys and Girls, a few disclaimers up front; I am new to contributing (however, I have been viewing comments for a while), and I am a chateau owner located new CDLL. At first, I was over joyed at the ETTC C4 show, as it contributed to knowledge about what we chateau owners face. The introduction of local chateau owners on the DIY show. Then SJ started the vlogs, all very good and a semi-true reflection of life here. However, last May I contacted her regarding the gift giving. Expressed my concerns of the distaste of it, and the additional begging of MP and Marie. I was immediately attacked by idiots on her comment section. However, SJ herself seemed to be taking it on board via messages. TBH I was only communicated with as she knew I was a local chateau owner.

The situation we chateau’s (as mentioned previously) is they are money pits – you enter into this relationship (with the beast of a house) with full knowledge of this. Baseline is, she has been there 15 years and little structural work has been completed. Way too much money is spent on surface nonsense. Additionally, the privileged and moneyed background is screaming out to be disclosed, which Tattle has done. If she was as poor as she proclaims there are grants from AHAN which go to restoring old buildings. You can assess this money if you are of a low income. In assessing these grants you must disclose all income, for Miss SJ not to be able to avail herself of these grants means she is well above the threshold of income which a normal chateau owner would be.

As to a tax situation re Patreon income, this will be, as of yet be declared, as under FR law it is, as of yet not covered. Workaways have been removed, again for the legal reasons surrounding employing people in FR. The hours they worked etc. would have made them employees under FR law.

I also highlighted the jumping on the money train by MP and Marie; whilst I am sure are nice people this was tasteless and low behaviour. They are all fully aware the vast majority of people who are donating are vulnerable people for a variety of reasons. Therefore, after seeing the ‘hinting’ for items on vlogs I ceased to watch. Marie, again I have communicated with, and she is quite a rude person, trying to give allowance for cultural differences. However, she has never held down a job and is emotionally suspended in childhood. Also, why is she paying rent on stables, when she is compensating SJ with cooking and cleaning? MK vlog on D&A, legally speaking he did not mention the names therefore one could argue himself out of a legal fight. This would not go to court but a settlement talks. MK motives were quite simple, to damage another brand that he and SJ hope to replace. D&A will not retaliate as they will face many a CR claim to come whilst they are expanding their brand. MK incentive was to, in a very dysfunctional manner, enchant sympathy (the pity economy from which he does so well on P acc) and to bag possible sponsors or design deals. Again, this is very common in design world. However, I feel his P pennies would be better spend on a therapist and possible not dressing like a man who owns the manor house, as opposed to the cottage in the back of the manor. The arrested development and identity issues with all mentioned characters are a psychologist wet dream.
Superb additional info. and welcome here. Your comment on everyone jumping on the ‘money train’ particularly Michael and the rude Marie are on point. They all want something from others who frequently have less than they and both of those give back nothing or little in return. In life there are givers and takers and these two (and obvs SJ) are take, take, take.

This is why I was so disappointed to see Anna and Phillipe not only teaming up with SJ et al, but also handing out the begging bowl before they have barely begun. It’s so ugly and offensive.

Am so pleased to know there is a chateau owner out there with principles (and no begging bowl) who was prepared to advise and challenge the grab grab grab of SJ and Marie. Well done. Seriously a good move

Not at all surprised to learn Floral Roadkill is rude, even allowing for a language difference, her surly, sulky nature cannot be disguised, no matter how faux-happy she appears from time to time nor what she dresses up in.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Marie, again I have communicated with, and she is quite a rude person, trying to give allowance for cultural differences. However, she has never held down a job and is emotionally suspended in childhood. Also, why is she paying rent on stables, when she is compensating SJ with cooking and cleaning?
:sick::sick::sick:

This makes sense. She and her flower arrangements come across as puerile.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
I'm sure they're looking. She might think she can charm herself out of this one too, but I doubt it. Perks of putting a spotlight on your dump in the middle of nowhere...

I'm feeding her? Little do you know her. She does not need any excuses for begging, because she does not consider it to be begging. She thinks she's entitled to it all for working so hard and her entourage is too afraid to tell her otherwise.
@Clara Burnett - Please do not describe Chateau De LaLande as a dump in the middle of nowhere. It has been firmly established that it is a HEAP in the middle of nowhere, HMN in the glossary! 😂 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 25
My curiousity was raised when it was mentioned in thread how expensive le Fleur was for b&b. Full disclosure here, i have only seen them on the C4 programme and at that time thought they had bitten off more than they could chew, raising children is enough of a full time job before you throw a chateau with wet and dry rot and a complete renovation into the mix, I have yet to watch their vlogs. I digress, in the interest of comparison I priced the same dates at le Fleur and at Lalande. La Fleur was about 15% more financially but miles ahead in quality and presentation. I know which I'd choose if it was a choice between them. SJ likes to be the princess but visiting la Fleur has only emphasized that lalande is the ugly sister.
Very nice comparison 👏

And we all know how great she is with her dealings with French authorities, anyone missing a lake? And mommy and Hanni are both indisposed. Guess it will be up to Dana to sort the looming tax mess. Interesting that Nic and Potty don’t seem to bother messing with the authorities but something tells me they soon will be....
Who the hell is Dana anyway? She rubs me the wrong way with her overt attempt at being sexy all the time and her raspy smokers voice.

• Sick
Reactions: 17
I think they send gifts to get recognition. I just can't help but think that so many, not all, of SJs fans are very lonely people who have no one else to fuss over. It's really quite sad when you see hand crochet old-lady scarves in bright synthetic yarns and very cheap 'goodies' being wrapped up as if they are gems from Tiffany's. In a world of limited natural resources, you'd think SJ would request that her fans help save the planet by not buying junk, but then again, SJ seems to have absolutely no sense of environmental concerns. She really does exist in a vacuum when it comes to world events and problems only thinking of self-gratification like her idol Marie Antoinette and we know what happened to her!
Absolutely bang on. That's what infuriates me about the Cadeaux vlog: it feeds that need the lonely have to see themselves acknowledged on a public channel and exploits it remorselessly.

Reactions: 21
Had a super quick scan of a few pages of this little missive... I'd say SJ is in a quagmire of non compliance, grabbing money from all sources, paying people - How? are they domociled in France or not - it's a Minefield and she is stuck in the middle of it I would say - could be wrong, she could have a fabulous French accountant managing all her books and revenue streams but they don't come cheap even if she can offset their fee!
SJ is all over Facebook , YouTube , Instagram , Patreon , online articles and very regular visits to the local mayor to re instate the infamous lost lake now she has the spondoolicks to do it, she’s slagged off the french water police into the bargain ( bad idea to defame french institutions ) .
I don’t think she is discreet about anything , her Patreon money is public info for all to see.
The bnb was run by volunteers for years , someone reported her for the workaway to stop.
I think she is very much on the French authorities radar . :cool:

Last edited:
  • Haha
What pray tell does an online manager of a virtual choir actually pay? And please forgive my ignorance because I live in the states but doesn’t each country want their residents to stay in their home country in the event they get Covid while let’s say living in rural France? Who picks up the tab then? And the hospital is nearly an hour away so who gets a bed? A virtual choir manager from the UK? A raising Dutch social media star? Or an actual someone who is actually French? With IJ flown the coup do we even have one in the cast?
The EU/uk agreement guarantees the rights of UK nationals who were resident in the EU before the end of 2020. They are able to continue using their EU-issued EHIC card when travelling within the EU. I understand that a EHIC card for other UK travellers is valid until the expiry date. This allows for a reciprocal arrangement of healthcare between those member nations, so Cat (and the other Europeans) would have been entitled to the same level of healthcare as the French nationals. (Don't get me started on the foolishness of Brexit.). The same would apply to a French national here.(UK). One of the burdens on our NHS is that everyone, regardless of nationality or ability to pay, receives medical care at the point of need.
I have no idea what Cat's salary would be, other than it was paid employment and she often referred to needing to work when others were off on a jaunt. I believe that this is quite a well known and respected choir, not your local church choir.
I don't recall when she arrived at Lalande, I assume that it was mid lockdowns, when travel restrictions over much of the world were eased somewhat. As a UK national, she returned home just before Christmas, as we entered another period of lockdown, in common with others globally, and I would presume, returning to a period of self isolation with her family. I know of an American national who was returning home to California to self isolate at roughly the same time.
As far as the distance to the local hospital goes, I suppose the impact is the same for anyone in a rural location anywhere in Europe or the USA for that matter.

Reactions: 9
[IMG alt="witchgrass"]https://tattle.life/data/avatars/m/151/151556.jpg?1603845004[/IMG]
witchgrass

Jan 17, 2021

I just want someone to make a CD parody video.

🤣🤣🤣Dying just thinking about it!

(PS someone pleeeez tell me how to properly add a quote to my post. Do I just copy the whole post and delete the irrelevant bits)
Just highlight the text you want quoted in your post, as soon as you finish highlighting the words you want to appear, Tattle automatically pops up 'quote' at the end of the highlighted piece and then proceed, otherwise if you just hit quote at the end of the whole post, the whole 'quoted' post appears in your post - am I making sense?

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.