The Chateau Diaries #12 Carry on grifting

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm new. Don't ask for details because I'm not giving them. Recently learned of the TV series on Channel 4/5?. I noticed someone googled "Chateau de la lande" and found you guys here.

If you are a person donating to Steph, please stop. The family is very wealthy, I know this for a fact - directly. What they have in the bank I'm unsure but we are talking millions! Multiple properties all over the place, 7 that I can recall. Very sizable incomes - alimony payments, pensions, trusts, inheritance, rental income, the list is endless. Money most of us could only dream of.

They have no money issues you are just paying for things they don't want to pay for.
SJ goes on and on that her parents are self made. Is it all from the granny farms? And were there any other ‘sources of income’ or ‘non-related inheritances’ during their granny farm days?

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
SJ goes on and on that her parents are self made. Is it all from the granny farms? And was there any other ‘sources of income’ during their granny farm days?
I have no idea. My knowledge only goes as far back as the early- mid-2000s.

I just wanted people to be aware that it's not right to represent yourself as someone who is in a huge house in the middle of France as if it was an inherited burden or you are financially struggling. The family has money, the boys invested have money, they all have enough to run the chateau without any support. This is someone wanting the Catherine Palace but not wanting to bankroll it. Excusing any external and structural work (there doesn't appear to be any? Other than cosmetic) this is all mere vanity. If you can't upkeep the property (which they can) but if not, sell it or sell your countless assets to bankroll your lifestyle.

I have looked at the chateau Patreon and it appears that monthly, via "fan" subscriptions £18,000 is being generated which equates to over £200,000 per year, meaning in 5 years (if this continues) they would have extracted over £1 million pounds pre-tax, is it taxed? Not including the additional private income, brand deals, and Youtube revenue. If they receive the latter two, it's not clear?

£200,000+ per year. WHAT?

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 21

I just wanted people to be aware that it's not right to represent yourself as someone who is in a huge house in the middle of France as if it was an inherited burden or you are financially struggling. The family has money, the boys invested have money, they all have enough to run the chateau without any support. This is someone wanting the Catherine Palace but not wanting to bankroll it. Excusing any external and structural work (there doesn't appear to be any? Other than cosmetic) this is all mere vanity. If you can't upkeep the property (which they can) but if not, sell it or sell your countless assets to bankroll your lifestyle.

I have looked at the chateau Patreon and it appears that monthly, via "fan" subscriptions £18,000 is being generated which equates to over £200,000 per year, meaning in 5 years (if this continues) they would have extracted over £1 million pounds pre-tax, is it taxed? Not including the additional private income, brand deals, and Youtube revenue. If they receive the latter two, it's not clear?

Agree. Where are the other two properties?

Reactions: 3
Regarding Marie's alleged harsh critique of the come dine with me malarkey, I for one am glad to see her developing a backbone finally. She used to be so limp and indecisive. It seems she's woken up a bit and realised that she's no longer the favourite poodle anymore.
I think she's sick of Prince Phillip doing f-all expect for videoing Stef and snorting.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 13

Thank you friend! This is what I needed to hear. I’ve been a patron of Stephanie’s for a while and I started contributing thinking that she had some means, but couldn’t finance the big stuff. I have wealthy family and I could see how maybe you can have some money but not be able to get $100k worth of structural work done, etc. She does work pretty hard to get all the videos out so it didn’t bother me to pay a bit to spur the work along.

Over time though, I started noticing things. Like fabric that costs $500 a yard for wall coverings. Magnum bottles of Moët at dinner. Hotel rooms that are probably $600-$1000 a night. Manolo Blahniks. Dior couture. Certain fragrances. Zipping to New York, London, Venice, Norway. Liberty advent boxes.

But also, Isabelle has never flown 1st class? Steph can’t buy a car? Steph covers the holes in her cashmere with stickers? The courtyard looks like tit? She buys clothes at the charity shop? They can’t afford a gardener? They can’t afford to fix the heat? They can’t afford an admin person? They couldn’t afford a new lawn mower? She actually gives people hotel soap as a present? Marie buys all the flowers? She has tit internet and will sit in a car for three hours to upload a video? The shutters are falling off?

My spider senses were going off a while ago. I thought again, maybe she has enough inheritance to live comfortably, but sort of shabby broke. But these other things indicate a person who has always had access to expensive things. I thought maybe she actually made some money singing for a while, or her workshops were fairly lucrative, or something. Apparently not. It’s all family money.

Now I don’t fault her for the ad revenue she’s earning with the videos. They are mostly lovely and entertaining to watch. The Patreon thing is a little bit cray cray though. If indeed they have the means to really fix this place up, it’s wrong for them to poor mouth. I think the elusive Nick has already come down on her for it. I don’t blame him for putting his face in a bag frankly. I would too.

Without knowing 100% about the other dodgy things alleged here, I can’t judge anything other than what I see. Bottom line right now is that I think they have money but are cheap. Cheap people do weird things. I can see Mummy being cheap.

On the surface though Stephanie seems to be witty, charming, funny and intelligent. She cheers me up when I watch the videos. So this is disappointing. I do think though that her father dying had some to do with the lack of direction or work for quite a few years. She now seems to be willing to work hard on the videos to raise money and the rennovations to give us something to watch. You have to admit it compelling. Hell, we’re all on here bitching. That’s saying something. Jury is still out for me. But something just ain’t right.
I'm new. Don't ask for details because I'm not giving them. Recently learned of the TV series on Channel 4/5?. I noticed someone googled "Chateau de la lande" and found you guys here.

If you are a person donating to Steph, please stop. The family is very wealthy, I know this for a fact - directly. What they have in the bank I'm unsure but we are talking millions! Multiple properties all over the place, 7 that I can recall. Very sizable incomes - alimony payments, pensions, trusts, inheritance, rental income, the list is endless. Money most of us could only dream of.

They have no money issues you are just paying for things they don't want to pay for.
Thank you friend! This is what I needed to hear. I’ve been a patron of Stephanie’s for a while and I started contributing thinking that she had some means, but couldn’t finance the big stuff. I have wealthy family and I could see how maybe you can have some money but not be able to get $100k worth of structural work done, etc. She does work pretty hard to get all the videos out so it didn’t bother me to pay a bit to spur the work along.

Over time though, I started noticing things. Like fabric that costs $500 a yard for wall coverings. Magnum bottles of Moët at dinner. Hotel rooms that are probably $600-$1000 a night. Manolo Blahniks. Dior couture. Certain fragrances. Zipping to New York, London, Venice, Norway. Liberty advent boxes.

But also, Isabelle has never flown 1st class? Steph can’t buy a car? Steph covers the holes in her cashmere with stickers? The courtyard looks like tit? She buys clothes at the charity shop? They can’t afford a gardener? They can’t afford to fix the heat? They can’t afford an admin person? They couldn’t afford a new lawn mower? She actually gives people hotel soap as a present? Marie buys all the flowers? She has tit internet and will sit in a car for three hours to upload a video? The shutters are falling off?

My spider senses were going off a while ago. I thought again, maybe she has enough inheritance to live comfortably, but sort of shabby broke. But these other things indicate a person who has always had access to expensive things. I thought maybe she actually made some money singing for a while, or her workshops were fairly lucrative, or something. Apparently not. It’s all family money.

Now I don’t fault her for the ad revenue she’s earning with the videos. They are mostly lovely and entertaining to watch. The Patreon thing is a little bit cray cray though. If indeed they have the means to really fix this place up, it’s wrong for them to poor mouth. I think the elusive Nick has already come down on her for it. I don’t blame him for putting his face in a bag frankly. I would too.

Without knowing 100% about the other dodgy things alleged here, I can’t judge anything other than what I see. Bottom line right now is that I think they have money but are cheap. Cheap people do weird things. I can see Mummy being cheap.

On the surface though Stephanie seems to be witty, charming, funny and intelligent. She cheers me up when I watch the videos. So this is disappointing. I do think though that her father dying had some to do with the lack of direction or work for quite a few years. She now seems to be willing to work hard on the videos to raise money and the rennovations to give us something to watch. You have to admit it’s compelling. Hell, we’re all on here bitching. That’s saying something. Jury is still out for me. But something just ain’t right.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 34
There is nothing wrong with buying/selling investment properties, especially to fund own pension/retirement. In fact it is admirable. Let's just leave it at the 5 properties owned/partially owned between SJ and IJ.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Anna is, of course, a trained textile designer and not an amateur dabbler.
You have found the real reason for SJ’s visit, who is always looking for talented people to ‘befriend’, so she can wheel in free stuff through her charm. Of course she’s bringing the free workforce, the minions/slaves she thoroughly corrupted before by promises of entourage benefits. Hope the couple sees throug the cheap con quickly!

Reactions: 13
There is nothing wrong with buying/selling investment properties, especially to fund own pension/retirement. In fact it is admirable. Let's just leave it at the 5 properties owned/partially owned between SJ and IJ.
[/QUOTE]

Of course, but all the while collecting £200,000+ a year from strangers to fund a dream world in France when you come from a very privileged background, several houses, and plenty of private income? That's wrong.

Reactions: 16
There is nothing admirable in convert begging and depicting yourself as unable to put food on the table without the aid of patrons.

• Haha
There is nothing admirable in convert begging and depicting yourself as unable to put food on the table without the aid of patrons.
You may have misunderstood me. Criticise the begging, not the property ownership is what I was giving feedback on.

Reactions: 4

you are preaching for the wrong choir, as I have been doing for acwhile now. We all know this to be factual, but bending the superfans addictios to her pouting isn’t as easy as telling them the truth.

Reactions: 4

On the surface though Stephanie seems to be witty, charming, funny and intelligent. She cheers me up when I watch the videos. So this is disappointing. I do think though that her father dying had some to do with the lack of direction or work for quite a few years. She now seems to be willing to work hard on the videos to raise money and the rennovations to give us something to watch. You have to admit it’s compelling. Hell, we’re all on here bitching. That’s saying something. Jury is still out for me. But something just ain’t right.

This is a "French life" This is not how she lives in London, or anywhere else for that matter. I distinctly remember a Rolls Royce. She's a fraud editing herself into something she is not in order for people to do up her house. The type of thing the government does.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 12
It is not just the fact Marie has to cook 5 days a week, it is the amount of alkergies and food preferences which create the work. Gluten free by choice is different to being celiac. Vegetarian by choice is different to an allergy. And SJ is paying for all this "alternatives" from different milks, pastries, eggs, biscuits, etc which is expensive. I mean for godsake Mandy the vegan doesn't like mushrooms! Did you note that both Philip and Mandy have multiple serves at dinner as they are so hungry. If I was SJ i would supply a protein, a sauce/gravy, a carb like rice or pasta, and 6 vegetables, 2 fruits, for dinner each night. That's it. Make do.
Absolutely.

What are the chances, I wonder, of regularly catering for and to so many allergies, intolerances and don't likes in one spot? It's almost as if special dietary requirements is a prerequisite for becoming part of Lalande central casting.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
This last episode was painful, watching ways Marie could lower the score. She seems to throw lots of insults in general, followed by a laugh to confuse the victim. I see it as painfully passive aggressive and just isn’t cute.
It was actually open aggressive 😂

So seems h

so seems his sob story will work in his favour then

yes I do agree it’s not quite fair that Marie should have to cook all week that’s a full time job really everyone should take a turn surely they can put together a simple meal !
She came there with the knowledge that she has to cook for so many hours. What's the problem? They are not friends on a vacation sharing the workload they are personnel hired for certain work agreed beforehand (cooking and appearance in videos, editing and appearance in videos, doing handyman work and appearance in videos, managing mails and appearance in videos,... All paid with room and food including alcohol, some gifts from fans, old clothes from SJ.

It seems that she is cooking only for dinner, for breakfast and lunch people are on their own.

Anyway: any mother with a couple of kids cooks this much every day and nobody cares🤔

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
You bet, something just ain’t right. We have been discussing that for a while now and though you are wise to only trust what you see, it’s kind of a good idea to also weigh the fact that she is editing herself, so basically only showing you what she wants you to see.
A lot of it is plain irresponsibility, not so much criminal intent of actually conning people out of their money, she truly believes she’s entitled to it for the “work” she’s putting in, a.k.a. the editing of contributions other people are giving to her lifestyle. She brags about her Oxford education but has never been in a situation where she had to actually work for money coming in. She’s the type of girl that, even in this day and age, thinks a man having dinner with her is supposed to pick up the tab “for having enjoyed her company”, an actual quote.
Have you watched her latest vlog? She seems to be thinking it’s completely normal to announce they are going to travel around multiple chateaux for their amateur version of ‘come dine with me’, never mind the pandemic, not even a side note they will wait till Covid is better controlled. It’s just unreal, the current situation is still alarming, even in the area she lives in, but hey, she can travel. France has ordered all home made masks to be obsolete and has banned them, so she might have to think twice about leaving the chateau without her fashionable accessories. She will though, better believe it.
Also, her self proclaimed ‘best friend’ has gotten himself in to a lot of legal trouble, the kind of thing all superfans and their sites are exploding over at the moment and she does nothing to publicly align herself with him? Sure, she made a statement about ‘being in it together’, but that was intended to piggyback the money train and to reroute it into her corner by pretending she’s been horribly bullied online too, poor thing. Seem to have worked if you look at all the comments by drooling fans.
No, we’re not all on here bitching. There’s a lot of genuine concern. It’s not okay to let the alcoholic man the liquor store and look away, just because she’s providing free booze and a compelling narrative. That's called enabling misery.

Last edited:
  • Heart
It was actually open aggressive 😂

She came there with the knowledge that she has to cook for so many hours. What's the problem? They are not friends on a vacation sharing the workload they are personnel hired for certain work agreed beforehand (cooking and appearance in videos, editing and appearance in videos, doing handyman work and appearance in videos, managing mails and appearance in videos,... All paid with room and food including alcohol, some gifts from fans, old clothes from SJ.

It seems that she is cooking only for dinner, for breakfast and lunch people are on their own.

Anyway: any mother with a couple of kids cooks this much every day and nobody cares🤔
Marie pays rent for her floral ‘stable’ and she isn’t exactly cooking for 5 people but for untold allergies, vegan diet and personal preferences. No mother or anyone else would sign up for that especially when the other volunteers aren’t exactly doing ‘heavy’ lifting. Plus Stéphanie knows how to cook and pre-Patreon shared the responsibilities.

Reactions: 11
Regarding Marie's alleged harsh critique of the come dine with me malarkey, I for one am glad to see her developing a backbone finally. She used to be so limp and indecisive. It seems she's woken up a bit and realised that she's no longer the favourite poodle anymore.
Don't be fooled: it's a show. It might have started as reality tv, now It has actors and characters. Marie's role might have changed a bit, but if it has it's because SJ asked that of her, so Marie can be the grumpy one that makes SJ's cheerful character shine more.

Reactions: 6
There was at least another home in London and in Suffolk. Back then. But the family never did stop buying and selling properties. I couldn't say definitively what they have now.
Is it possible that Gerrys house, which I think I heard said is ‘next to Isabelles’ house in Framingham, is owned by the Jarvis family (or a ‘trust’) that will ultimately revert or be inherited by LOTL ? That woman is sitting on millions of pounds of assets no matter which way you look at it.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
That woman is sitting on millions of pounds of assets no matter which way you look at it.
Very true. She even refers to these properties as 'hers' already, never mind dear mummy is still alive. The perks of being the only child, I guess? I suspect Gerry will suddenly not be a brother anymore by the time it's actually into her hands.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.