The Chateau Diaries #12 Carry on grifting

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I starting getting a hint of Michael’s problems with delivering on promises about 4 months ago. I was a patron, but when I saw all the LV luggage and figured out he was wearing a $350 cologne, I quit with him. He’s also stated in Patron vlogs that he failed at hairdressing because he started hiding from his clients who needed their extensions dealt with, even though he was making really good money.

Seems this is his pattern. He’s gets where he’s doing well and then just crashes. It’s either a personality disorder or a character flaw of some kind. This latest video was just god awful. I’ve noticed his brother dragging him in his videos for not getting his videos out. I think the family is quite used to his behavior and doesn’t appreciate it. However, he does have a bit of star quality and they need him for that, so I’m sure they tolerate it. As you do with family.

I voted with my pocketbook so I’m not sore. I just don’t expect anything from him, and he doesn’t deliver, so that’s that.
I just saw a post from one of his fans saying they have doubled the amount of Patreon money after his *sob sob* Vlog. FFS people, this is just what he wanted!

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
I just saw a post from one of his fans saying they have doubled the amount of Patreon money after his *sob sob* Vlog. FFS people, this is just what he wanted!
I really think this was the purpose of his posting , coin it and disappear possibly? :unsure:

Reactions: 6
I bet the Strawbridges will be laughing all the way to the bank !
You may be right but from where will they claim compensation ? MP has no money (er ... only Patreon income) And Is Billy married to Gwen (can’t remember and can’t be bothered to look back) Michael said that it was Billy who called out the Strawbridges in the first place ... therefore could Billy also be named and shamed in any legal action with the knock-on effect that Chateau Basmignee could be an asset that was at risk ?

I doubt Michael has any sort of insurance to claim against. He must be cray-cray not to take that vlog down. If I was his barrister defending him I’d say ‘my client is not of sound mind’ !

The Strawbrdges are no doubt already receiving legal advice .....

• Heart
Reactions: 14
@Kotare Good points and I think many of us here felt the same way in the beginning. But her shine tarnished once she added the gift grab channel and seemed to become ever more fake in her reactions. Much of the vlog content now seems stagey and forced. Then Clara on here alerted us to unsavoury episodes and behaviours behind the scenes at the chateau, and tattlers raised pertinent queries about various illegal employment practises. The couldn't-care-less approach to Covid restrictions over Christmas and New Year was a real eye-opener to SJ's true character and a final straw for me. I haven't felt like watching the latest vlogs.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Life as you know it .....

whilst been totally INIT together with sir trotter
LOTL and FRK was back out in force with .... milk 🥛 bottles .. again

clearly the hostess chatelaine had no experience in flower arrangement so FRK needed another studio
The mind boggles 🙃🙏💫💫💫🐺
Such a lighter and more spacious chateau. Must have been nice for BJJ & FRK to leave that mildly claustrophobic, light craving chateau that is Lalande.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Contrary to your concerns, SJ has excellent relationships with her two fellow owners and they and their spouses appear to have the utmost respect for her. This is no mean feat for such a longtime shared ownership model of anything, let alone a decrepit old chateau in need of a zillion tasks being done. I see SJ as an accidental blogger success. Everything about her backstory screamed unfamiliarity with digital media as it pertained to her career as a BnB and event host. She was encouraged by friends after exposure through ‘DIY’ and has become a success. I feel she brings a warm and welcome breath of fresh air to this now crowded Brit Chateau arena.
JMHO
LMAO about SJ being a breath of fresh air!!! All she does is flit around her chatooooo and gets others to do " volunteer work" for her when she should be doing things mostly on her own. (Yes I know, it's so taxing to get out of bed around 10:00 am every day. Such is the life huh?) And paying everybody for their efforts. If her ex Nick thought so much of her he wouldn't be going around wearing those cringy paperbags over his head. And by friends encouraging her, I belive it was Michael who helped her set up the vlog in the first place. Non of her woe is me stories add up. Attached is a picture of Miss Jarvis back from 2017 on her facebook page, hardly seems like she was hurting for money even back then. Sorry, not buying any of it.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 16
IMO , looking like MP is going to need to ‘ lawyer up ‘ as they say. :cool:
D&A aren't deleting any of the hateful comments. They need evidence how Boy Trotter have damaged their brand, retail business and reputation. I guess it's against YouTube rules to use the channel for this kind of activity, his channel might be taken down and he'll never qualify to open a new one. His livelihood is on stake. How stupid of him.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
Ma petherick threw diesel on the pier

Only to be rounded off with super fans wanting any merchandisers the strawbridges are currently using
Jigsaws ect

Then total 🎯

Sir trotter adores .... read it yourself he got there first Stephanie ..... he was there FIrst
🕳👁👃🐀

Support ... mmm 221000 on YouTube
Fb any message less than 500
YouTube 8 k

Where is everyone???

Attachments

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
[QUOTE="
🕳👁👃🐀

[/QUOTE]
As if Spode or Liberty would want to use him. Can you imagine - he'd design a cup and saucer and need to have a rest. The collection would be antique before he got to the dinner plates!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
@MojoDublin I maybe didn't word that as I meant..its merely an observation why he doesn't get off his arse & work like everyone else I def. don't agree with his outlook!!But as long as the patreon $ are rolling in he will be very content producing the odd pity party vlog!
@MojoDublin Post 1508161 "cos I'm not very techno I stumble around finding various YT blogs and they don't seem to be in any date order, so I've just seen MPK's Christmas at the Cottage where he has the family for lunch.(I haven't watched the Pethericks yet as I don't think my brain can handle it on top of lalaland and all the dramas) Half the blog is him explaining how to cook a turkey etc in the Aga - for those watching who don't have an Aga - Michael they are not interested. For those who have an Aga - Michael they already know how to use it or at least the "staff" know how. His knowledge of Agas seems to stem from a job he had in UK servicing/selling? them. Maybe he intends setting up a business selling them in France. The meal was served bit by bit with no rhyme or reason and chucked on the table. The food was manhandled with bare hands (Covid everyone!) Yorkshire puddings picked up with bare hands and chucked on a platter - then all are diving their hands into the communal dishes, no serving utensils - for all of MPK's aspiring to the chateau life, he would be well served to bone up on food presentation and service. You wouldn't go out to dinner, either to friends or a restaurant and use your bare hands to grab your food (other than pizza) so if you don't have serving utensils I'm sure your fans have plenty of antique sets in the back of Grandma's dresser, so just drop the hint and you will soon be drowning in solid silver 19th Cent sets. Also I notice he brought out a gift for ?? sister and bro in law or brother and sister in law ??? which was a large Fortnum and Mason wicker hamper - they don't come cheap so the crying poor and bringing out the begging bowl wears a bit thin - with Covid and how people are doing it tough, your lifestyle and flashing F&M hampers is a tad tawdry.

If I were D&A I would be screen shotting every comment on the YT videos - the crank fans can delete their own comments and might just do that. What stumps me is how no-one is saying to the bleating twit that his post might be somewhat defamatory...!!! and take it down. Also, I have to wonder does he have some super rock solid iron clad case... surely anyone in his orbit with a modicum of common sense would tell him to take his vlog down - he hasn't - he has made a major attack on Brand Strawbridge - something they have been tirelessly cultivating for years and to see all those commets on the YT videos... and look at Dick's army background, I'd say he has contacts and influence coming out his ears, but meanwhile, on line, they and their brand are being annihilated.. MP, Billy, Gwen and all associated could be paying for this for years!
NorrisCS Post 3658236 Totally agree - I feel sorry for him and wonder if he has some minor learning disability as he doesn't seem to realise he's getting into very dangerous legal territory and his dreams of "the Good Life" may all turn to dust if he gets sued. I wonder if he's even had a meeting with a lawyer to assess his situation. He is very knowledgeable within the spheres of his own interests and his attention to detail (the cottage kitchen installation) is exceptional and I wonder if he's got a touch of OCD. I always say a touch of OCD is good 'cos at least you get on with the jobs needing done. He's looking very tired, dark circles under his eyes and seems to have lost a fair bit of weight, especially in his face, and he almost looks like he's about to burst into tears. I hope he can back off and take a break. Concentrate on the cottage and re-assess all this stupid grifting and money grubbing and his so called friend at lalaland.

Last edited:
  • Heart
You may be right but from where will they claim compensation ? MP has no money (er ... only Patreon income) And Is Billy married to Gwen (can’t remember and can’t be bothered to look back) Michael said that it was Billy who called out the Strawbridges in the first place ... therefore could Billy also be named and shamed in any legal action with the knock-on effect that Chateau Basmignee could be an asset that was at risk ?

I doubt Michael has any sort of insurance to claim against. He must be cray-cray not to take that vlog down. If I was his barrister defending him I’d say ‘my client is not of sound mind’ !

The Strawbrdges are no doubt already receiving legal advice .....
Mp will ruin any chance of employment as a ‘designer ‘ in the future I would think ? He is delusional and so are his fans IMO .
I agree he only has income that we know about from his patreon account , and they all seem to be infected with rabies at the moment Aka ....“ mad dogs“ ! :rolleyes:

So ....

Apparently even after a full day - no need to retract ... clarify ... I was Paid for my work just not any royalties

Patron won’t cover the litigation coming his way and no doubt Stephanie’s ... who lead him to tattle

Attachments

• Wow
Contrary to your concerns, SJ has excellent relationships with her two fellow owners and they and their spouses appear to have the utmost respect for her. This is no mean feat for such a longtime shared ownership model of anything, let alone a decrepit old chateau in need of a zillion tasks being done. I see SJ as an accidental blogger success. Everything about her backstory screamed unfamiliarity with digital media as it pertained to her career as a BnB and event host. She was encouraged by friends after exposure through ‘DIY’ and has become a success. I feel she brings a warm and welcome breath of fresh air to this now crowded Brit Chateau arena.
JMHO
How do you know that she has "excellent relationships with her fellow owners, other than the edited vlogs? That only presents what she wants people to see,
I am afraid that what started as a breath of fresh air, quickly became stale and fetid.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
and the irony of all the pearl clutching by commenters re: tattle who are now turning around and attacking D&A ...
Mp will ruin any chance of employment as a ‘designer ‘ in the future I would think ? He is delusional and so are his fans IMO .
I agree he only has income that we know about from his patreon account , and they all seem to be infected with rabies at the moment Aka ....“ mad dogs“ ! :rolleyes:
The good thing is @Fuzzypeg Rabies is now curable if we could get the word to them. The problem is the majority are lonely/vulnerable people who think they are making a difference it's a shame.

Reactions: 7
I’ll leave this here

as of tonight I’m on a pethericks diet
what I loved 🥰 initially has gone toxic

"I've learned that people will forget what you said,

people will forget what you did,

but people will never forget how you made them feel."

- Maya Angelou

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I agree. And if MP was to have any sort of future commercial success (from mad-dog-
super-fans) then even that may be at risk because D & A’s legal teams will perhaps direct any damages awarded to them at MP’s future earnings.

whether Angela did or didn’t do something ethical is barely relevant (I’m only guessing) as MP’s openly slanderous remarks are seriously on dodgy ground. As someone here said earlier, imagine the legal/or/ marketing people involved now that ETTC will be on USA network .... they will do all they can to protect the brand that has been created by the strawbridges - and the money spinner it is.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.