The Chateau Diaries #11 Shat o shenanigans

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The romance of it all :rolleyes: . Cold fact is that these houses were built by rich for the rich. You need a lot of money to live in them. Then our working class heroes (money burning in their pockets) like Jarvis' and Trotters buy into these properties and very quickly need to start rattling their begging bowls to survive or find romance living in Grey Gardens. Most of them (impoverished again) give up after few years, listings are full of half done Shat-O's for sale.
I was once told when I was real young that you have to have at least double as much when you intend to buy a house to be sure you can really afford it. Maintainance, repairs,...) So if she paid 600 000 for the château did they have another 600000? Don't think so.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I say let them (the Patreons) eat cake.
I can see both the argument of both scales; "Let people do with their own money" VS. "Vunerable people are enticed". However, I do think, regarding Patreon, it is a waiting game. Like placing pennies in a bowl aflot a barrel of water, to many pennies and the bowl will sink like the Titanic.
God only knows how many Brendas have come out of the woods, donating, thinking they are a part of something historic only to be duped.

Reactions: 14
Plus I don’t think she will ever hold down a job, TV schedules are full on & she doesn’t have a work ethic at all, it’s beneath her. The crew would have to take her breakfast in bed at lunchtime to get her up & half the art world she talks about is like she’s just reading it from a book. Lucy is a real historian. Reading the past with Dr Kat on YouTube is fantastic too.
She is posting on regular basis almost for a year, I think this says a lot for her work ethics. If you are talented it's easy for you to be creative if not so much you need to put more time into. Also she might have volunteers to help her but in exchange she has to host them which is also demanding. I am glad when my cousin leaves after staying a couple of days imagine guest staying for months? 😁 Even if they contribute... She chose a different lifestyle, sure a privileged one but then we all would if we could.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
Have you looked at the Positano Diaries? I found them via here as I think someone mentioned them. I think they make the Chateau Diaries look gaudy as they show a genuine & gentle, peaceful way of life. I find they act as a balm when I am getting wound up about What Stephanie Did Next posts on here!
Well said, I have also found that watching the Positano Diaries is lovely form of relaxation during these very strange times and find them very calming ☺🕊

• Heart
Reactions: 8
👏👏👏 Loving your musings...

I , like many, just wish she'd stop the shite pressie grabbing palava each week! How much more crap can the Chateau hold! Gr8 excuse that they are decluttering.. Stop, sending stuff!
At least we now get to see what she gets and she might have to display them😂. If she stops vlogging Cadeaux presents will still roll in but the ugly stuff will be thrown away😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I spotted this but it doesn't allow me to open it. Gerry was born in 1960, so would have been 23 years old. He has mentioned that he "trained as a residential social worker." So was Gerald managing the home until it was sold and if so, where was he in the years between that and starting his taxi firm? I wonder why he changed career?

Gerry grady escape to the chateau diy
gnavizu.mip39.site › gerry-grady-escape-to-the-chateau...

1. Gerry grady escape to the chateau diy. ... I moved to Cransford Hall in 1983, where I managed a residential home for ladies and gentlemen with dementia.
He has been a director at his taxi service for 17 yrs. (2003)

• Wow
Reactions: 6
Jeeves Post 3560137 This is for all writing about SJ's Patreon issue.. I was Googling and came across one "DIY French Chateauxs Vlogs and Blogs you should know about" by a Solo Sophie. Lalaland, and Petherick and Phil and Ruth are on there amongst others and reading between the lines - Sophie is quite effusive about some of the Chateaux (Michael and a couple of others) not so with our favourite Princess (her bit is very sparse and not too forthcoming with any gush) At the end of the article there is a contact bit for Solo Sophie and I think she is a freelance journalist. I'm 10 hours away in time zones and not IT Techy, but do you reckon a well placed pointer to this Forum might be interesting to Solo Sophie and suggest to her it might make a good story?
Think it needs proper investigative journalist
Plus I don’t think she will ever hold down a job, TV schedules are full on & she doesn’t have a work ethic at all, it’s beneath her. The crew would have to take her breakfast in bed at lunchtime to get her up & half the art world she talks about is like she’s just reading it from a book. Lucy is a real historian. Reading the past with Dr Kat on YouTube is fantastic too.
I agree. TV production now is so pared down to the bone there is little or no time for laying in bed in the morning. It is full on. Time is money if you hire crew for a particular day, or you have editing facilities booked for a slot then there is no slacking. She would also not be in control of what is happening. Early mornings, long days - proper graft. And those who mess about get the bad reputation & don't get hired again. Which is why Dick & Angel have got it right because they come from a background of having to work for their money.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
At least we now get to see what she gets and she might have to display them😂. If she stops vlogging Cadeaux presents will still roll in but the ugly stuff will be thrown away😂
I think if SSB is ever investigated by the tax man, she will have a problem. I am not sure what the gift tax threshold is in France, but I am pretty sure she is over it. Moreover, I doubt very much if she is paying sufficient tax on her Patreon or YT income. I'm tired of the claims about the foundation, I don't see how they can pull that off... one needs to have a charitable purpose or be doing something for the common good to qualify.

She is also not allowed use Workaway volunteers for a business, and Selmar's situation with one client is illegal - he should have at least three clients.

As someone said earlier, SSB needs to watch out that she does not end up like Al Capone.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
She is posting on regular basis almost for a year, I think this says a lot for her work ethics. If you are talented it's easy for you to be creative if not so much you need to put more time into. Also she might have volunteers to help her but in exchange she has to host them which is also demanding. I am glad when my cousin leaves after staying a couple of days imagine guest staying for months? 😁 Even if they contribute... She chose a different lifestyle, sure a privileged one but then we all would if we could.
Filming & editing a vlog would take up no more than 2 days maximum. She has spent a lot of time away from the chateau so who is hosting the volunteers when she is away? The volunteers do all the chores, what does she actually do? I think I saw her make some soup in the Thermamix once and flounce into the garden in a robe to pick some basil. Hardly a hard knock life IMO.

Reactions: 8
I like evidence not supposition and wonder if anyone has or can do an analyse of Patrons to see what portion are the type you are worried about. I suspect this will be too difficult to do so speculation will continue. I will reiterate that from my observation of the gift opening majority come from families or moreover from individuals or businesses who want the publicity for their enterprise.
As I am not a Superfan I don't watch the premiers or follow the comments on there or in any of the FB sites.
I believe there isn't many that stupid, but she could be more gracious and say "Secure your own oxygen mask first before you assist others"

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Your good education shows, Sandro. 🤓😌
no oxford here though 😂😂
btw I would like to ask you, did you come across the type/diagnosis which would contain the person who shows very deep empathy (not overly emotional, more like level mindreader) which can switch into complete sociopath if needed
or is it some for of DID, wonder where to search for an answer

• Haha
Reactions: 2
no oxford here though 😂😂
btw I would like to ask you, did you come across the type/diagnosis which would contain the person who shows very deep empathy (not overly emotional, more like level mindreader) which can switch into complete sociopath if needed
or is it some for of DID, wonder where to search for an answer
Absolutely, very deep empathy can be expressed, but in this situation it is more of an intellectual understanding rather than the capacity to feel the other's suffering, if you know what I mean?

There are highly intelligent sociopaths and psychopaths who regularly fool psychologists and psychiatrists, these also have the ability to portray deep empathy; but it is ultimately a performance. I think many great actors had this ability, it is a perfect profession for the 1%.

This would not fall within the criteria of any DID, in my opinion.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
You sneaky buggers. Don't have all the links and guff on other Forums, so didn't know about the MPK one. I have just seen it (Is this the first Forum 'cos there does not appear to be a string of them like our "Sat Oh")? I have just left a question on MPK's asking if they are Travellers and if so, will they be setting up a caravan park and when will they take bookings. Now I just need to find a cheap way to ship my Caravan from Oz (and the horse). I note you experienced members all post on MPK's so cough up you lot and provide some links to other blogs 'cos I'm going to need a fix when Lalaland finally slips down the hill and sinks into the mud at the bottom of the lake.
@FrannyBee There’s tons of Trotter stuff on these Chateau vlogs, they are a dull/boring lot (apart from the mysterious & beautiful, classy Gwendoline) but they have an interesting background, there’s lots of photos too. Billy was handsome, an accomplished horse man & in the British Army/Cavalry in London. Sadly the whole Petherick clan have cleaned up their Facebook pages after Sadies melt down so we can no longer see the photos but they are on here. Michael was a Manchester party boy for 10 years & for a while a makeup artist on the MAC counter in Selfridges. Ma Trotter has another child prior to Mick who lives in England. Sadie just seems to have given birth to the moody child. Ma Trotter had traveller camp family photos on her Facebook. Micks originally from Ireland. Definitely worth a read. Ma seems to control the whole circus & I feel Gwendoline needs rescuing now 🤔 don’t get me started on Ryan who is a total *ic* & Billy’s best mate as is Philly & Barbie 🤮 I do like Ryan’s funny uncle Lee & his family who recently moved to France from Thailand. Ryan keeps his real family a massive secret, his mum & dad run a fish farm too just like uncle lee & I think that should be added to the Trotter tattle pages. There are loads of them & none of them seem to have job ?????

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Yeah,this is what sensible people would do, but then sensible people would not buy a chateau in the first place.
This is a generalisation which does not apply to everyone. There any many sound financial reasons for investing in property, so not everyone who invests in a chateau is an idiot.

SSB, on the other hand, probably bought her chateau for other reasons...

• Heart
It can only be a matter of time before she’s on mainstream tv. Channel 4/BBC channels are full of lightweight historical documentaries and female presenters such as the all too ghastly Lucy Worsely who also likes to dress up (ie as king Henry 8 scoffing medieval grub) and tbh SJ and her quirky cheesy visual is a lot easier on the eye than irritatingly-twee Lucy.

I could also see SSB on a bad interior design programme such as the old Changing Rooms, where the dreadful ‘interior designers’ frequently made the client cry with their awful bad taste make-over. She could be a female Lawrence Llewelyn Bowen (and look how well he has done on the back of a full head of hair and no talent). When I think of some of the hideous rooms Stephanie has done at Lalande, she’d be fantastically well-qualified to do this. Or even one of those ‘Find your new home abroad’ shows that are prime afternoon viewing for retireds. They’ll love her and there seem to be no end of repeats on those shows so imagine the royalties LOTL could take it. Although, she would have to get of bed and do a proper days work .

See, she doesn’t need Patreon at all. She could buy her own presents and make donations to charity out of her own earned income. Like most people chose to do.
Too much like hard work for her ... she would have to be up by 7 that’s 7 AM not PM! 🤣 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Yeah,this is what sensible people would do, but then sensible people would not buy a chateau in the first place.
Dick & Angel have got it right because they come from a background of having to work for their money.
Agree with Princess and the Pea, they are pretty shrewd, proof again that not everyone who buys a chateau is an idiot.

Is that the new direction of the discussion now? That the problem is that she bought property? I don't agree with that point of view at all.

I think the problem is with the way the property and people are being treated.

I almost threw up when I read that male volunteers were chosen for their looks and "all became boyfriends". We have also learned that volunteers are given large quantities of alcohol and encouraged to join in the "fun" - doing things they otherwise might not do. That sounds like a cult to me - and it also sounds like sexual exploitation.

I think being charged with tax evasion is the least of SSB's worries - all she needs is one of her volunteers to react badly to being used as a sexual plaything, as in taking an overdose (young people do this all the time after being used sexually) and the holier than thou act will be revealed for the performance of the century.

Anyone here who wants to defend this behaviour as (paraphrasing): living a life of luxury that we all would indulge in if we had the chance...

Em, no, not really - please speak for yourself only.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.