The Chateau Diaries #11 Shat o shenanigans

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes, that would be my ultimate goal too. Any ideas anyone?
It is so difficult to try call her out on any of the vlogs or fan pages as comments get deleted after you’re screamed down for daring to say anything truthful (in their blindness ‘negative’). Getting a tv station - is it channel 4 ‘Insider’ or BBC to do a big expose on all these Patreon scammers and how they conn their money from the blinkered, elderly, wannabes, vulnerable etc. Each Patreon scammer would have its demographic, kids thinking they could be the next whoever and in our Scrawny Scammers case the lonely, sad and deluded. I’m sure for such a platform SJ and CD wouldn’t be huge fish but if they did an expose and she featured that would be massive. Having said that 300k isn’t small beans. The only thing is is she or the others doing anything illegal? People hand over willingly but perhaps the angle could be preying on the vulnerable, selling their version of snake oil, and the gift grab could be great too. Also the life chat and donations there where people say they’ve little to give and spend it wisely and she keeps it.

Reactions: 7
Lake, not necessary.
As long as you just watch for free then it is fine. But it is the manipulation of potentially vulnerable people which is wrong. To present an image of being down on her uppers, creating empathy & generating £$£$ for her to fund her lifestyle choices is disgraceful IMO. I am guessing that most of the workaways didn't sign up to be reality stars (Philippe being the exception) so perhaps them being described as dull cast of characters is not their fault as they didn't realise they would have to perform as bit part actors?

Reactions: 10
PrincessandthePea Post 3562913
Why can't Mummeee burn Daddee's pics to keep warm? SJ must have lots and lots of them as he never sold one I understand. Wasn't Gerry a Taxi driver? Where does he get all his money swanning off - plus paying for her? I understood he was taken in by the family when he as very young but don't know the full story. Does he own a taxi company rather than drive just one? If only 1% of Dick And Angel's kissy, kissy, lovey dovey behaviour is true, I suspect Dick would prefer snuggling up to Angel's ample assets than shivering with Madame Boneyparts and having a hot water bottle (gone cold) hitting him in the goolies every time he rolled over. Maybe Dick could cope if he had Angel paint some lovely pictures and he frames them and hangs them all over Princess's Salon so he can see them just like Percy has to do when SJ stuck the boots in when she "decorated" Mummeee's apartment.

You wouldn't need the 5 layers of clothes as the chateau isn't open to guests until after Easter when generally the weather is warm and even hot. The fact that inside the temperature is cooler may be a relief and the fact that there is no need to install air conditioning is all to the good.
The weather isn't like that in UK especially in the North but I know that and still choose to volunteer.
I accept that this is no longer a historic house as changes have been made over years but I doubt the basic beams, roof timbers, upstairs flooring etc were replaced and it is those that need protecting from harmful effects of full central heating.

Reactions: 11
She seems to gravitate to the grubby, seedy type - Mason, MPK (not as a romantic attachment!), Fokker, There never seems to be a"nice" man as my mum would say.

Reactions: 10
Concerning the heating freezing in this shit oo. (see #47 #57 #58)
Lalande is not a historical building, no protection on it = no restrictions using techniques or materials
Floors should have been isolated and are probably not. In the "China pantry" she speeks of membrane to keep moisture out, thats not a proper isolation for cold. Foam glass would do this, we used in our house (18th century and protected!)----> we don't need to wear our winter coats inside the house .
In the grand salon she has floor heating and carpets but that is not compatible (only very thin carpets would).
She should have double glazing.

Reactions: 16
I dont remember that, who was it?

Reactions: 2
Darling, there was a fire after the 19th century remodeling, everything structural has been replaced. I can also see from the fireplaces, window and door openings that the rooms were laid out differently than originally, this will lead to new floors as well. Basically she's building a modern house inside an old shell. And she has central heating already, not just a sufficient one. People have wooden floors also in modern houses with full central heating. She's not restoring anything, but creating new interiors that look old.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
Yeah,this is what sensible people would do, but then sensible people would not buy a chateau in the first place.

Reactions: 5

Tattle Glossary

Please add if required -

CD - The Chateau Diaries
BJJ - Baby Jesus Jeans, aka Philip
PP (Nostril of Lalande) - Prince Philip
UH - Uriah Heep - Philip
LOTL/LOTLL - Lady of the (Lost) Lake, aka Stephanie
SSB- She Who Shouts from the balcony
SJ - Stephanie Jarvis
Nitti/Nutty - Nati
MP/MP2 - Michael Petherick
MPK - micheal Petherick (sir Trotter)
Trotter - any Petherick family reference
Ma Trotter - Sheree Petherick
Dear Brenda/BG - Brenda Gibbons (superfan/Facebook admin) from Donegal Ireland
Karen Cbomb - other superfan/admin, Canada
Donegals - limericks (renamed in honour of Dear Brenda)
Potty/MP - Michael Potts
Cinder-Ruth- MPotts current squeeze
Agents - Tattlers who find out juicy background info
Chat O (or variations) - Chateau (how Brenda says it)
“BuyMeACoffee” - give me money (no, really, give me money, I really need it)
MBNS;GF - more boring narc stuff; gimme facts

Flat 34 B - SSB bolthole Uk

PSDFHB - princess shouting down from her balcony
PRSDBP - princess in her robe shouting down from her balcony at the peasants

Wet Blanket - Fun hoover
Mickey Dodger - Woman who avoids sexual encounters
Edmund Fokker van Crayestein - Former main squeeze of SJ

Reactions: 4
Yeah,this is what sensible people would do, but then sensible people would not buy a chateau in the first place.
The romance of it all . Cold fact is that these houses were built by rich for the rich. You need a lot of money to live in them. Then our working class heroes (money burning in their pockets) like Jarvis' and Trotters buy into these properties and very quickly need to start rattling their begging bowls to survive or find romance living in Grey Gardens. Most of them (impoverished again) give up after few years, listings are full of half done Shat-O's for sale.

Last edited:
Reactions: 17
I did a Philippe snort when I read this!!! I think Gerry owns the taxi company.

Reactions: 9
@Fannybee

Just back on thread 10

Not a penny did I send DB
Possibly very in cheek of me

However - as I always acquire a Christmas mug
Here’s 2020 edition s

Mums on left Gaelic translates
Mammy Christmas

On right - I love Santa

I’ve no doubt they will become heirloom s

Attachments

Loving your musings...

I , like many, just wish she'd stop the shite pressie grabbing palava each week! How much more crap can the Chateau hold! Gr8 excuse that they are decluttering.. Stop, sending stuff!

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
Have you visited the chateau?

Sensible people have done it & made money out of running it as a business as well as living in a beautiful setting. Not as many as those who try to do it, but I think it has always been about a number of sayings, location, location, location & right place right time. Coupled with a grasp of business acumen and being prepared to put in the graft. None of which the party princess appears to have taken into consideration. But I am guessing the chateau was only ever seen as a party pad to be traded with other party pads around the world. She's been as my mum used to say 'playing at shops' for the past 16 years.

Last edited:
Your good education shows, Sandro.

I like evidence not supposition and wonder if anyone has or can do an analyse of Patrons to see what portion are the type you are worried about. I suspect this will be too difficult to do so speculation will continue. I will reiterate that from my observation of the gift opening majority come from families or moreover from individuals or businesses who want the publicity for their enterprise.
As I am not a Superfan I don't watch the premiers or follow the comments on there or in any of the FB sites.

Reactions: 8
I believe she just had bad luck and the heating company made bad work and did calculate all wrong. Happens all the time.

Reactions: 6
Plus I don’t think she will ever hold down a job, TV schedules are full on & she doesn’t have a work ethic at all, it’s beneath her. The crew would have to take her breakfast in bed at lunchtime to get her up & half the art world she talks about is like she’s just reading it from a book. Lucy is a real historian. Reading the past with Dr Kat on YouTube is fantastic too.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.