The Chateau Diaries #11 Shat o shenanigans

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It was told by our fellow Dutch tattlers that Prince Snorts Alot was waiting tables before Lalande and his on stage photos are from school/local church/amateur theater plays. He's an aspiring actor. I guess he's been trying to get into acting schools for years without success. He was made redundant (because of Covid restrictions the restaurant closed) and he was lured in to CD to gain 'experience' and some fame.

When the restaurant opens again, SJ will send him packing. At the moment, he's the only one who's happy to play with her (Marie performs in front of the camera only after a couple of drinks) and barely tolerated before new volunteers take his place. He doesn't see his departure coming, led to believe everything is dandy. He'll be another sad character feeling betrayed and used in the string of many SJ's casualties.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
Nic Larkin sure has that Norman Bates look about him, without the attractiveness of Anthony Perkins.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
How's this for being elusive, Nic Larkin. Very much into the action. Sorry, couldn't resist when I saw this. He might have the morals to withstand SJ, but by acting elusive he's only turning himself into one of her enablers.

View attachment 392837
He seems to like exposing his chest....why???🙈

It was told by our fellow Dutch tattlers that Prince Snorts Alot was waiting tables before Lalande and his on stage photos are from school/local church/amateur theater plays. He's an aspiring actor. I guess he's been trying to get into acting schools for years without success. He was made redundant (because of Covid restrictions the restaurant closed) and he was lured in to CD to gain 'experience' and some fame.

When the restaurant opens again, SJ will send him packing. At the moment, he's the only one who's happy to play with her (Marie performs in front of the camera only after a couple of drinks) and barely tolerated before new volunteers take his place. He doesn't see his departure coming, led to believe everything is dandy. He'll be another sad character feeling betrayed and used in the string of many SJ's casualties.
Did anyone notice when he bizarrely asked if he would look after some Christmas tat in the last gift grab (I watch about half to check out PSs teeth) - so two things, he’s planning and assuming if he wants he’ll be there next Christmas and the second thing Nati and PS both very stridently but while laughing baciscally told him to get stuffed. PS = Parasite Stephanie.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
You have to question how BJJ was offered an opportunity to volunteer at La Lande as he has no skills or capabilities and loads of allergies requiring special foods, addigional catering costs. I mean there was an 80 year old electrician. Kat could cook but she had to apply twice. You can only conclude singing and acting were the criteria.
Re Marie cooking 5 days a week. They should just make breskfast and lunch DIY, only group meal is dinner.

• Heart

For Dutch understanding, Philip is not attractive, charming or eloquent. He definitely does not have a good body and he is not particularly tall (average height for Dutch men is about 6ft.). His (Dutch) accent is not particularly impressive either. He is, what Americans would call, a nothing burger. I have absolutely no idea what she saw in him, really, I don't. Selmar is a bit like a homeless guy with a campervan, but at least he is not offensive and he seems to be sincere. I can sense that he does not like Philip very much in his interaction with him, but he does his best to hide it, for SSB's sake perhaps? We wouldn't want to upset she who shouts from the balcony, now would we?

You have to question how BJJ was offered an opportunity to volunteer at La Lande as he has no skills or capabilities and loads of allergies requiring special foods, addigional catering costs. I mean there was an 80 year old electrician. Kat could cook but she had to apply twice. You can only conclude singing and acting were the criteria.
Re Marie cooking 5 days a week. They should just make breskfast and lunch DIY, only group meal is dinner.
I will bet Marie is counting the days until she can get out of there...

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I guess the reason Philip isn’t leaving is because he does musical theatre? Or maybe it’s because he gets to stay in France, not pay rent, not work, open gifts everyday, never cook, never build, never organize, never clean or do anything of value besides stalk Stephanie. It’s seriously creepy. He’s isolated her away from Marie and Nati. He was all “yes yes whatever you say” in the beginning, now he is rude and critical. He is a wolf in skin tight sheep’s clothing. Don’t know how Stephanie doesn’t see it. He’s using her for everything she has.

This whole dinner challenge thing? He’s literally setting the table. How did he get approved as a volunteer if he can’t cook?

Him chasing after Stephanie in the market when she repeatedly says stop. Then again she left it in the video ... cry for help? I don’t know. I know we don’t have much sympathy for her but gosh it’s uncomfortable watching him manipulate her.

Also! Did anyone else catch Marie cooks Monday thru Friday?!?
During the Chateau Unwrapped—Last of the Christmas Gift Part 1 vlog (at 23:10), SJ looked and sounded a bit annoyed at Phillip when she thought he was teasing her about saying the tea was her “favorite.” Much like when my children were teenagers and I finally reached my limit with their joking about my idiosyncrasies. 🙂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Iolander Post
Hang on I missed that - when did Workaway ban her and where are the posts discussing that?
On the workaway website it states that the host has been removed by the workaway team. On an earlier thread, we verified her workaway number and provided a screenshot of the subsequent post by workaway about her removal. Sorry, can't remember how far back!

Reactions: 7
That was just me jumping to conclusions because her profile on workaway seems to have vanished.
From my vague recollections I think it was said that France does not support the Workaway concept and then I may have also read or concluded that she was getting too many applications on Workaway and disconnected from it. But I deffo think I read that France does not allow it. 🤔

Reactions: 3
For Dutch understanding, Philip is not attractive, charming or eloquent. He definitely does not have a good body and he is not particularly tall (average height for Dutch men is about 6ft.). His (Dutch) accent is not particularly impressive either. He is, what Americans would call, a nothing burger. I have absolutely no idea what she saw in him, really, I don't. Selmar is a bit like a homeless guy with a campervan, but at least he is not offensive and he seems to be sincere. I can sense that he does not like Philip very much in his interaction with him, but he does his best to hide it, for SSB's sake perhaps? We wouldn't want to upset she who shouts from the balcony, now would we?

I will bet Marie is counting the days until she can get out of there...
I keep saying Philip is a dear sweet boy. Why won't anyone listen to me. I can pick 'em at a 1000 paces.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I feel like C. S. Lewis predicted all this.
Selmar is Aslan
SJ is the Snow Queen
They just cleaned out the wardrobe
BJJ is the poor chap, who asked for some Turkish Delight.
How's this for being elusive, Nic Larkin. Very much into the action. Sorry, couldn't resist when I saw this. He might have the morals to withstand SJ, but by acting elusive he's only turning himself into one of her enablers.

View attachment 392837
And Nic is Mr Tumnus!

• Haha
From my vague recollections I think it was said that France does not support the Workaway concept and then I may have also read or concluded that she was getting too many applications on Workaway and disconnected from it. But I deffo think I read that France does not allow it. 🤔
It doesn't say she left or closed the account, it says that the host has been removed by the workaway team, this usually happens for breach of workaway regulations. I volunteer for a foundation that use workaway quite a lot. Perhaps they found out that she was bumping uglies with the male volunteers?

Do you think she ever when part of Workaway recognised this recommendation by Workaway?
Rules don't apply to her, remember? 😂

Iolander Post
Hang on I missed that - when did Workaway ban her and where are the posts discussing that?
It was very early on when she visited Chateau de Bourneau and suggested they should also have workawayers and learned from them that, because of costly insurances and limited tasks they could give them (they also run a B&B and event business) it was not a good idea. It looked like it came as a surprise to her. After that, Tomaz vlogged about his normal day (which was filled with B&B work) which caused a lot of commotion. Workaway rules prohibit use of volunteers for running a business, unless paid, because it distorts competition and therefore is illegal. SJ herself also provided a lot of evidence how every volunteer had tasks in her B&B. Suddenly her fans started to ask questions why her Workaway site was closed and how could they apply. Soon after, SJ announced in her Patreon account her life long dream to employ Nati to run the B&B... You get the drift ;)

• Haha
I keep saying Philip is a dear sweet boy. Why won't anyone listen to me. I can pick 'em at a 1000 paces.
Jailbird Jill said in the latest vlogs when asked if LOTL and Sir P were partners that absolutely not with lots of her fav cry laugh emoji.😂

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.