The Chateau Diaries #107 IJ. my legs are more beautiful, SJ ah yes but mine can open further

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Could you try an anonymous file sharing site and give us the link?
For example https://www.file.io/

I'm all hot for a good excel file 🥵
Here is a wee summary.
Xmas Cadeaux Summary - just a summary of the excel sheets The date is the date the Cadeaux was shown, not the date it was filmed.
Cadeaux Dec 28, 2021 - this abbreviated document lists the key information. This Cadeaux was shown on Dec 28 and was filmed on December 24. This was clearly the biggest gift opening so I've just included this one, while trying to upload the larger, composite spreadsheet.

Some notes:
- the items are listed as much as possible in the order in which they are opened. If a parcel was not opened, but set aside because the person was not there, a question mark is shown

- these numbers are not exact figures, but a close approximation and ere on the side of under-representing the true count. For example, when Michael Potts received a bunch of large chocolate bars in the Dec 24 Cadeaux they were counted as 1 item.

- please excuse any spelling mistakes (was typing, viewing and tracking at the same time)

- Where possible, I've tried to count items separately - (ex a matching set of earrings and necklace) Sometimes the set has been counted as 1 item and sometimes each piece may have been counted individually. It can be hard to track because pieces may be boxed separately. It can also get hectic when they are passing items around. For example: was that 6 brooches or 8 brooches in the box? (So it's not an exact science, but a reasonable ball-park). On occasion there is just so much stuff or smaller knick-knacks in a single box, they don't show it all.

- Most gifts appears to be opened on camera, but occasionally SJ may say, 'here's a gift for you Philip, but then the opening isn't shown or has perhaps been cut. That doesn't seem to happen too often

- On the December 9 Christmas Cadeaux, SJ mentioned that they were keeping certain Advent Gifts under the Peacock Advent Tree, It sounded like these were gift sets people had sent which included a gift for every day of advent. SJ mentioned they were only going to show opening Day 1 of each gift set. She then opened a large blue & white teapot. She then opened a few chocolate advent calendars. Nothing further was mentioned, so it was a bit confusing as to whether there was another group of Advent Gifts (Day 1 - Day 24) which were under the Peacock Advent Tree and not shown in Cadeaux

- the December 24 Cadeaux included an enormous amount of food stuff. SJ said they would donate the surplus food to charity (as they did at Easter), but that really is a drop in the bucket, and no doubt SJ keeps most of it and definitely keeps the food items she likes.

- the biggest gift haul doesn't necessarily translate to the most expensive gifts. ex: the GAG the Dec 9 GAG included the 6 boxes of pearls. Adding up the cost of just a few of the more valuable gifts and value of gifts received greatly exceeds any monthly charity donation. Regardless of value, SJ doesn't need any of these items and where does she keep all this stuff? It's truly grotesque!

Attachments

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 44
Just watched again, and love how mummy gives Dan a shout and says he's done a lot!! Dan is still mummy's favorite!! :)
Did you all noticed Fan speaks about mummies beachhouse..as if she would want to point out..its not mine...dear patreons...thank you all for making my lifestyle possible...and still renovating my heap in France.. :rolleyes:

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Did you all noticed Fan speaks about mummies beachhouse..as if she would want to point out..its not mine...dear patreons...thank you all for making my lifestyle possible...and still renovating my heap in France.. :rolleyes:
Mummy was also fond of Selmar and I suspect she's not happy that he's gone and the circumstances. When you look back at early videos Selmar did a lot more than I remembered - fixed beds, fixed/repainted chairs, updated bathroom in the Marquis Suite....he had pep in his step and then it quickly went downhill when SJ's head was turned.

• Sad
Reactions: 20
I watched the family from US - Lady Chaterlaine Productions- from December when they were spending their last days. They discussed the need to learn to open and secure the shutters with shutter dogs. (they hadn’t done so on one window which caused some masonry damage). I swear I sat up alert like @T Rex’s Atlas at the mention of shutter dogs.
Oh Rory..... I think you need to ask Santa this year for Shutter Dogs ! ;)

I do like the blue shutters on the old Chateau but they say they will be gone........ perhaps in 10 years ? Things go slooooow there!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
In today's Bordeaux Life vlog, Edd mentioned that several people have been asking him and Anna to start a "Buy me a Coffee" (I haven't seen anyone commenting as such - unless they're Patreon comments.) I was a little bummed out as I have alwys liked them and never felt they were beggars. I feel it's a bit tacky to have Patreons and also ask folks to buy them coffee. They stand to inherit La Gorce and are working on a nice home in Bordeaux which I'm sure will generate a large chunk of Euros if they decide to sell; they sure as hell don't need anyone buying them coffee. :-(
Not going to chip in on his € 900 digger repair while he's happily driving his Tesla.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
Yeah, she’s making sure to delineate that it is NOT hers. Because she reads here. But darlin’ it doesn’t matter, we Al know you’re mama isn’t going to leave it to PETA when she dies… 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 22
when he is selfemployed he doesnt get an unemployments cheque...and if he wasnt.. he has to apply to jobs every month..and has to be in The Netherlands...maybe he is still registered in The Netherlands...but if they get wind of this...getting paid and apply for unemployment benefits he is in deep trouble..
I really don't know enough about the Dutch welfare system to lay out the groundworks for this. All I know for sure is that he is still registered in The Netherlands. He himself stated that he still has an income from The Netherlands too and since he isn't working there I assumed it would be something like unemployment benefits...my bad for not checking, thank you.

• Wow
Reactions: 18
I had the impression Selmar needed direction - do this, do that. Maybe IJ did this. She definitely defended him when he did whibbly wobbly edges on planters, and SJ was unhappy. Once IJ left we suddenly learn (quoted from SJ to Selmar), he is a late riser (after 1200) and his tasks drag on. He was also left without guidance. So the compost boxes become the size of Natti’s apt, he is talking about paddling in marquis apt, agreeing to become a stonemason, building random bonfires, etc. SJ not engaging with him. There is also Parkinson’s law - “work expands to fit the deadline”. No deadlines, Selmar saw himself there forever-so tasks took forever.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
Santa has more

In the UK £150 per day is the average going rate for trades people, who are trained and qualified in electrics, plumbing etc. Dan is a Jack of all trades, and a master of none, so to command that money per day is surprising to me anyway.
Even with the exchange rate, I'm not sure any unquaified person could charge that sort of daily rate in the UK or France for odd jobs in gardens and around their homes, let alone any ex-pat actually paying it. From forums I've read, most seem very 'tight' when it comes to paying for work.
Again, no matter what reasonable fees are and what Dan asked to get paid in the past, there's no proof what SJ is paying him currently. He seems happy enough to keep working there for now.

Reactions: 22
IJ's dilemma re PJ: agree with that "horrible hate site", or accept PJ with a warm embrace into the extended Jarvis family? Or just pretend for a while..

• Haha
  • Heart
Now don't come at me everyone, as I would never volunteer at the Shitoo, but I'd love to get in that pantry and throw out expired tit and organise the shelves. I hope Maria or Sabine does something like this. I bet the shelves they are a complete mess, with opened stuff attracting mice and moths etc.
Believe me, it's been done before by several brave people like yourself. Hell, I have even rolled up my sleeves myself. But whatever system is put in place for storing food after clean ups like this, it won't hold up against SJ's propagated lifestyle of debilitating laziness and mice and rats are back in business before you know it.

I haven't watched the Patreon videos yet, but thanks for sharing them!

I just saw this on FB and I am dying laughing at Support Squirrel collaged in the corner, where he belongs. Not in the actual thumbnail 😂 😂

View attachment 1000958
That BG is a real piece of work, isn't she? Ignoring all controversy around the charlataine and just keep promoting her business partners as if they are the royal family. Brenda, you truly disgust me.

Last edited:
Reactions: 27
I really don't know enough about the Dutch welfare system to lay out the groundworks for this. All I know for sure is that he is still registered in The Netherlands. He himself stated that he still has an income from The Netherlands too and since he isn't working there I assumed it would be something like unemployment benefits...my bad for not checking, thank you.
also another thing...he is 25, if he had worked from his 18 as example..he only has rights for a few months of unemploymentmoney....there are exeptions on this..many young people here get money because they are found not fit for working..mostly because mental health problems..if he still is receiving money from The Netherlands this might be the case..but it doesnt stroke with the fact he has been working as a waiter..so i guess he gets no money from The Netherlands...or it must be some money from his parents or family? or maybe he is renting out his house or appartment??

• Wow
Reactions: 21
I don't know what else to say....Scroll to $19,000.
That number was the target she put on her patreon back in the days. She had no clue when she started to use targets and thought it was just a cumulative number, not a monthly one so these numbers are not in anyway related to the actual costs corresponding. I mean: it's not that she pays Nutty $19,000 For her it's just an indication that when she reached that number in monthly income, she would start hiring Nutty.

My husband is a gas engineer and he charges £300 day rate, you have to remember that Dan used to bring his own mower and tools, so you are not just paying labour charges you are paying, transport and equipment, there’s also tax, national insurance etc so €120 is a fair rate
People can charge whatever they want, what we really want to know is what she is actually paying him. Unfortunately we don't know anything about that for sure. It's all part of her game of smoke and mirrors, saying he works there one day a week, oh no, two, oh no three, oh no full time, he's employed, no he's contracted, he's the gardener, no he's the handyman, no he's just the bff of her cousin.

The cost for some of those items is outrageous!
They are non related costs. The numbers are targets she wanted to reach before these projects would start (or in her case: get postponed).

Specifically Nati's salary.
It's not her salary.

Last edited:
Reactions: 23
I have to agree. I was feeling awful about my initial income post , I really thought I had heard it on a vlog, but I could not prove it. If noone else recalls hearing it , then I'd have to say it was either immediately taken out or it didn't happen.

But I do also feel the reprimand has been heavy handed side. I'm almost afraid to speak up which is ridiculous. The thing is the majority of what's on tattle is speculation, a lot of what is gossiped about is not proven. We have Dan having an affair, or has a roaming eye, Snort is hanging by a string, Stephanie is about to have a breakdown, and is diagnosed with mental disorders. Imaginary incomes and revenues and spending lists appear regularly. Something may turn out the way someone has speculated but that doesn't mean they had proof. They speculation turned out the way they speculated that's it. The truth of the matter is none of us truly know what's exactly happening at Lalaland , as none of us are actually there. Not even our mole, Clara.
If we want hard numbers , we have to wait for her accountant and Patreon update,if that will ever happen. And even with that, there will be more questions with no answers .

I am sorry for mistakenly throwing out a number. If Natti's income is actually taken from YouTube revenue, then, as someone else may have said, it's not any of our business anyway. Gossip will be just that ...gossip. I will no longer be adding to the money gossip unless I have proof as not cause another one of these kerfuffles
If you are afraid to speak up here because someone might disagree with you, I'd say you should be happy you are not between SJ's super fans. I don't know what traumatized you so much that you can only value an honest remark as reprimand. That's sad to me.
You, like SJ, have no clue where I am or am not. I know that might be frustrating and it sure is to me, because I much rather would fight my fight openly. Unfortunately that's not possible though, not in a safe way.

• Heart
C
With all the chat about dildo's and vibrators in our previous thread, (106) I wonder if the Fleuries are among us reading here too?
If so - hello Fleuries! ;)

Kirsten and Joerg - that's one couple that irritates the bejesus out of me. Can't stand them or their vlogs. Not far behind is the Nicholas Fairford..
All bland, banal and boring.
Happy Monday!:)
Couldn't agree more about Kirsten and Joerg. He's a total bore and she's impossible to listen to with her fake accent trying to be more English than the English. They are the worst kind of German anglophiles 🤢

i have the feeling all the Ians have hung their tools in the trees...the only one working there now is Dan..you still can do a lott of renovations inside...there is something going on with her workforce..How long its been since they actually did something there??
One of the Ian's was there when he was repairing the radiator a few days ago. He was in the pink bathroom.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.