The Chateau Diaries #107 IJ. my legs are more beautiful, SJ ah yes but mine can open further

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Seeing Dan fiddle with the electrics reminded me of a conversation I had with a lady who has a house in France. She mentioned that when you sell your house you have to have a certificate from a french approved electrician that the work has been done to standard. She pointed out that all these British diy men dabbling in electricity are not able to supply this certificate. So the likes of Ian and Dan are not registered in France as electricians so their work will not be recognized at the point of resale. Perhaps some French tattlers can give a better informed explanation on this.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
And what about their Public Health Insurance (Securite sociale) + pension funds + etc which are included in the "Social charges" paid by the employer in France (or by the self employed themselves) ? What a mess.

No wonder why her accountant was a bit late in their report...
Last time I asked my eyes and ears about this (and this was recent), the response was that SJ herself has said she is not paying any social charges, health care or pension for people working at the shittoo but leaves that to the employees themself to organize. The subject was brought up at the dinner table, pointing out admiration for her running a complicated business like that with so many employees. She replied by saying she likes to keep the admin to the bare minimum etc etc.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 48
Of course we can have discussions, we should. But referring to speculation as if you are stating facts just to prove you are not making it up will not be a very good starting point for that discussion. Facts matter, even when we are gossiping.
I am of the persuasion that gossip that is not factual, or carefully weighed fact-based speculation, is, well,....not sporting. You can tell a pro by the quality, provenance, and reliability of their facts and sources.

• Wow
Reactions: 11
And what about their Public Health Insurance (Securite sociale) + pension funds + etc which are included in the "Social charges" paid by the employer in France (or by the self employed themselves) ? What a mess.

I wonder if she has any "personal insurance" for hiring people at her chateau... ??

No wonder why her accountant was a bit late in their report...
Isn't she contracting them? In that case, they are declared as self-employed and they pay their own healthcare/ pension etc.

Last time I asked my eyes and ears about this (and this was recent), the response was that SJ herself has said she is not paying any social charges, health care or pension for people working at the shittoo but leaves that to the employees themself to organize. The subject was brought up at the dinner table, pointing out admiration for her running a complicated business like that with so many employees. She replied by saying she likes to keep the admin to the bare minimum etc etc.
Months ago, she said BOTH her CPAs were getting her finances in order and she would soon present said finances to her patrons... I'm not holding my breath, but in my opinion, she should keep her mouth shut if she never follows through, and just keep on blowing (fake) gold dust in her patrons' eyes, they love it!

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
My point was simply that I found what I was looking for.... That I hadn't made it up. I included the post for clarity. (I'm curious why this discussion got so unfriendly. I thought we were all big kids and could have discussions and point out what we had questions about, etc...)
This group of people wants the receipts when something gets stated, and they will push back. I've made statements that were proven incorrect. If I can't pull up proof then I need to just sit back until I find it. It felt like the "I remember it from somewhere" idea was getting pushed a bit as fact from something SJ had said, and there was, and isn't proof of that. It was speculation on the part of the person who posted what you remembered. I think that's what appeared to be "unfriendly". Just my 2cents.

I am of the persuasion that gossip that is not factual, or carefully weighed fact-based speculation, is, well,....not sporting. You can tell a pro by the quality, provenance, and reliability of their facts and sources.
Gossip isn't all made up, it can be, but it can also be passing along facts that aren't your own to pass along.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Someone mentions Annalises vlog for patreon being dull. Well yes! And I would not watch either. If it was my sister perhaps, but she is not. She is a hairdresser and housewife in France that I have nothing in common with, neighter do I fancy her. I used to enjoy watching Dan the gardener, but the novelty has worn off. I wish them both well, and I am sure a lot of people that have more in common with them would enjoy watching. Dan has skills for filming, no doubt about that, but I am not very interested in watching his daily life of looking after kids and going to the brico. The CD is still at times an entertaining, though I must admit the novelty has worn off there too. But my wife still puts it on. I did see the interview with Nic's wife Marie, she is a bright and nice lady. It was weird to watch Stephanie around her though, at times she looked bored and wanted to hurry along, at other times she looked quite uncomfortable , but all the time she tried to smooth over this and smiled broadly. Nic is clearly important to Stephanie, she looked at him when she made sure everyone knew she was his best female friend (which obviously is not true, it is his wife I think!) it seems Nic is her rock, it would be interesting to know what he thinks is in it for him. He must care about her. Snorts is snorting very little in the background, one almost wants him to give a sign of life!

• Heart
Reactions: 40
Me and my Amazon links, always intended to support information imparted here, would like to emphasize this point. This forum has a point, which is to do the investigative reporting no other institution is doing on Jarvis. Unfounded gossip is a bore, frankly and loses audience.
Gossip is widely researched in academia and has a moral authority function.
Here's a link. Enjoy.

I appreciate ALL the tartlets, the investigative reporters, and speculators alike. I enjoy the blend of facts, speculation and mostly HUMOR! Thank You all for both the Facts AND the LAUGHS (and the life and the love) lol

• Heart
Reactions: 31
"Most people who are activists and are concerned about issues get their information from sources which reinforce their opinions and give them the facts that they want to hear. "
It is incredibly easy to find articles, etc to support a personal opinion.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 27
"Most people who are activists and are concerned about issues get their information from sources which reinforce their opinions and give them the facts that they want to hear. "
It is incredibly easy to find articles, etc to support a personal opinion.
Not only a pretty face.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Thank you for sharing this.

Marie is like a unicorn to SJ! How can 2 women be so opposite? Marie is gracious, she wants to serve and influence those around her. How Nic has 2 such opposite women in his life is just strange to me!!
I was greatly impressed by Marie and her passion to make an impact on people and desire to influence policy-making.
You are right. It is staggering how different those two women are: a mother with something to live for and a woman who thinks plays life.

cd281.png

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Don't count on it, it's probably temporary. He has the brains of a woodland animal and can never remember the important stuff.
Maybe IJ told him off: don't talk tattle is all over your intreruptions and they are right?

I can see the hag doing this

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Someone mentions Annalises vlog for patreon being dull. Well yes! And I would not watch either. If it was my sister perhaps, but she is not. She is a hairdresser and housewife in France that I have nothing in common with, neighter do I fancy her. I used to enjoy watching Dan the gardener, but the novelty has worn off. I wish them both well, and I am sure a lot of people that have more in common with them would enjoy watching. Dan has skills for filming, no doubt about that, but I am not very interested in watching his daily life of looking after kids and going to the brico. The CD is still at times an entertaining, though I must admit the novelty has worn off there too. But my wife still puts it on. I did see the interview with Nic's wife Marie, she is a bright and nice lady. It was weird to watch Stephanie around her though, at times she looked bored and wanted to hurry along, at other times she looked quite uncomfortable , but all the time she tried to smooth over this and smiled broadly. Nic is clearly important to Stephanie, she looked at him when she made sure everyone knew she was his best female friend (which obviously is not true, it is his wife I think!) it seems Nic is her rock, it would be interesting to know what he thinks is in it for him. He must care about her. Snorts is snorting very little in the background, one almost wants him to give a sign of life!

All through the interview, I was feeling how ODD it was to watch Fanny do an interview without flirting. I'm sure I had a very confused face throughout the entire viewing.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Of course we can have discussions, we should. But referring to speculation as if you are stating facts just to prove you are not making it up will not be a very good starting point for that discussion. Facts matter, even when we are gossiping.
Or misunderstanding the reasoning behind someone's post. I was not listing a "fact" which was why I quoted the whole post stating it was assumed based on current minimum wage. I was glad to find the post that was stuck somewhere in my memory. That is all. If you were not meaning to be condescending then I will just chalk it up to the difficulty sometimes getting a point across online. Let's be clear when someone has been here for awhile and shown that they aren't of the flying-monkey pursuasion, there's no reason for accusations about a memory. With SJ and her accounting nightmares it's even possible that she was warned to immediately delete that info online, no? For the moment I'll go sit in timeout but unless there really are only 15from the hate site, I'm guessing most of us have value to add to discussion.

Reactions: 20
I'm so sorry I offend so many of you. Attacked once again. BTW I was referring to salary.
Granola - you offend nobody - and I don't think you were attacked, but I understand your stance - rather, it's your due lack of comprehension to hold SJ to account on all fronts (finances included) that was concerning. The reality is that money/ownership is the root of most of Don Jarvis's evils - it's important to recognise that. We see in tonight's patreon video about her need to own Nick as his best FEMALE friend (we're back in the school playground again). People's salaries - undeclared or not to the French state - are a key element to SJ's hold over these bottom feeders. She's using her Patreon money to keep hold of Natti, Amaury, Dan, Kirsty and the other domestic staff to restore a chateau - in all honesty not much restoration goes on to the structural framework of a crumbling building. Selmar was paid, but ultimately he left because, as he states, he was unhappy whilst living there. I don't know the arrangements with Marie Wiik, but she also was miserable for a long time, she left and hasn't returned even when times have got tough in the UK. We also know that Phyllis is in receipt of a salary from the CD Youtube account - they are romantically involved - SJ has received unexplained joaillerie, amongst other high value gifts within the last year - is this a form of money laundering? These questions need answers and to gloss over talk of money as uncouth is to absolve Don Jarvis of any potential fault. You must see that?

I also think it was fine to look into Amaury's financial dealings (they are publicly listed after all) - people want answers why he'd move from the UK, with a seemingly successful operation, to the middle of nowhere in France to a cousin who has too many flights of fancies and no desire to secure an "ancient stone" building from ruin - what's in it for him?

Last edited:
Reactions: 34
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.