The Chateau Diaries #107 IJ. my legs are more beautiful, SJ ah yes but mine can open further

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
But they seem willing to take criticism on board,
I beg to differ on them willing to take constructive criticism very well. I respectfully commented on two of their vlogs. My comment to Sarah was suggestions gleaned from my 20 plus years in the fashion industry on some possible ways to improve her fit and sewing skills. No reply. Earlier I had commented about safety features Steve should have used when he cut down their Christmas tree. These suggestions were once again, respectfully thought out as I come from a logging family in Oregon. I got a terse "Yep" I think these two, especially Steve, are rather arrogant and don't want anyone telling them anything. I no longer watch any of their boring vlogs.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Could there be a connection between Spero Villioti and Curtis Ryan Woodside??? SA bros??? I think so...

View attachment 999585 View attachment 999586
We mustn't forget that Brenda Gibbons collaborated with Woodlice to create the Lalande toile that she was trying to flog, way back in October2020. I seem to recall a vlog that showed IJ and Percy meeting Woodlice at his mother's home in SA. It's all very incestuous.

Screenshot 2022-01-19 at 15.47.01.png

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
I've tried to identify each item separately as much as is possible, and maintained a detailed breakdown of each Cadeaux via excel spreadsheet. (ex: vlog dates, sent by who, from where, patron status, description of gift, designated receiptient, any interesting side note)
Could you share your spreadsheet? That would be very interesting

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Selmar & Tatyana
1 day ago
Thank you so much for supporting us and thinking of me Patricia. ❤🕊😇 We are unsure of how long we will be in England what date we will go back to France. So this is a good address where things can be sent: Tatyana Hill
POST RESTANTE
Harleston Post Office 6-8 Thoroughfare, Harleston, Norfolk, IP20 9AA England
Their “Xmas present” opening episode was only ever about encouraging gifts to be sent to them. These two are quite mad in a kind of low level folie a deux manner. His utterly deluded, shameless ‘unhappy and lonely last Xmas ‘ was clearly balderdash and reiterated to me when a year old grabeaux video appeared in my feed. Selmar was so much more animated and seemed far happier at CLL than he does now at Taty’s dump.
Still, anything is better than another winter in a camper van.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I used to be somewhat of a social media influencer, years ago. I'm, first and foremost, not a people person. I'm an open introvert, I dislike people. I hate pandering. I don't feign interest in tit that I obviously dislike. I made the mistake of opening a po box and the amount of absolute garbage I was sent was stunning. I never encouraged it, I did encourage letters and fan art (LOL) but I'm a sentimental person, not materialistic and I never imagined anyone would send me china services or Dolce cake...had I known it were possible... At any rate, one time someone sent me cupcakes for my birthday, through the post...and I ate them because I'm a moron. Actually, I knew I shouldn't eat them but I did anyway because I'm a binge eater. I was fine, no issues thats not the point, I forgot what I was going to say... Oh, I eventually just had to say, stop sending me stuff. Mind you, I didn't open anything on camera or anything... I didn't read letters on camera or anything either, it was just a thing that I thought would be nice to do and maybe meet some actually interesting people who shared common interests. I think that sort of thing is slightly more possible now but the main issue is the garbage gifts and sycophants. I'd rather argue with someone than have my ass kissed.
You sound like a very interesting person. I like the cut of your jib :)

Reactions: 10
New Patreon videos

How interesting that both mother and daughter wear a similar dress

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
I confess – I’ve been tracking the Christmas Cadeaux episodes - I know, boring - but my interest was piqued, so I took one for the team. There have been 8 Christmas Cadeaux episodes, totaling 6.2 viewing hours and to date they've opened a total of 71 boxes and received 427 gifts.

The total number of gifts is a very close approximation, because 1 gift box can include multiple items, although I've tried to identify each item separately as much as is possible, and maintained a detailed breakdown of each Cadeaux via excel spreadsheet. (ex: vlog dates, sent by who, from where, patron status, description of gift, designated receiptient, any interesting side note)

At this rate Lalanders will receive thousands of gifts during the year. It’s all excessive, vulgar and a huge waste of money, time and resources. The value of gifts received far outweighs the monthly charity donations. Not to mention the cost of packaging & postage. Clearly there are a lot of people who are lonely, and their loneliness has been exacerbated by Covid. As much as some people may derive pleasure from watching the Chateau vlogs and wish to thank SJ and gang, this gifting nonsense is simply grotesque and escalated out of control.

SJ should stop Cadeaux and instead ask people to donate their items, money and time to local charities. SJ could lead by example and begin doing local charity work in her own area. Sadly, I don’t think she will because she’s addicted to the gifts and adoration.
That's quite an undertaking!

Let's not forget, also, the considerable sums SJ will be paying in import tax as the sheer quantity of parcels being sent to Lalande won't all get through on the nod of benign customs' officials....even if nil value is claimed on the customs' declaration for every single package being sent to France from abroad.

Reactions: 17
So Lady of the Château Productions has uploaded a new boring video of their "castle" and struggles in a foreign country. 26 minutes and about 6 or 7 commercial breaks. They want to add a "Sound of Music" gazebo in the listed garden.
Their replies to some viewer questions in the comments are quite rude and cold IMO.

I find it difficult to believe she has a background in film prod.
Giving credit where credit is due...
I've checked her IMDB, she's got an extensive showbiz resume for only 30yo.
Recent replies to comments are friendlier than before.

Reactions: 7
This has been posted here ages ago... still relevant to this day.

Chateau Diaries is about chateau life. Yes, that involves renovations, but it is not a renovation channel, so stop asking. Thousands of dollars are poured in each month, but that is a mere detail. The goal, it seems, has always been about sharing people's lives and travels...

Enough of this ostentatious sh*t.

Patrons should revolt.

1.png

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
I know, talking about money is so uncouth.

Granola Chic

Monday at 8:01 PM

It seems most of the patrons are older women on fixed incomes. Steph taking money from these poor women to buy wallpaper and trees for the garden is upsetting to me. Furthermore, even with inflation, the ever-rising stock market and the bounty of job opportunities have left the average investor quite flush with cash. People are spending and buying cars faster than they can produce them. Hell, my car is worth more now, than when I bought it 2 years ago.
I believe it will be the dishonesty and fakery that will bring down SJ and others like her. I think she knows it too; that's why all the comments are deleted out of her social media accounts and under her videos.

Granola Chic

Thursday at 11:58 PM
Quote from BBC:
"However, Ms Jarvis admits that she didn't factor in just how expensive it would be to pay for the upkeep of such a huge, old building. "I didn't realise how much money it would take to run," says the 50-year-old. " (Stanton, 2022).

Why didn't the author mention her 25-year-old boyfriend? Wonder if Philip is feeling left out?

I also think she knew how much it was to keep up, but when her father died, the wild spending sprees dried up.
Her mother had ahold of the checkbook after his death so she finally had to make her own way.
Old IJ was not handing out money for anything...not even a new mower for herself.
Can you imagine having people "give" you a mower? Dear Mummy clearly has the means to buy herself anything.

Granola Chic

Jan 10, 2022

An interesting idea SJ is hoarding money. She might be, but in my experiences (an accountant as a first career) the more disorganized a person was in real life, it was mirrored in their bank accounts. I'm guessing her money is as messy as her home.
The accounts are probably half-heartedly watched over without budgeting for each project. I'm guessing even the household account is a bottomless pit of cash (groceries and such) no one keeps an eye on.

I don't think she will ever sell. The place reminds her too much of her youth and her father. Besides, on the cash she has now, even with the sale of the residence, she would never afford Italy. Maybe rent for a month or two, but that would be it.
I'm so sorry I offend so many of you. Attacked once again. BTW I was referring to salary.

• Sad
Reactions: 3
We mustn't forget that Brenda Gibbons collaborated with Woodlice to create the Lalande toile that she was trying to flog, way back in October2020. I seem to recall a vlog that showed IJ and Percy meeting Woodlice at his mother's home in SA. It's all very incestuous.

View attachment 999721
Do you think that is what he had printed onto the lost / hidden plate he enquired about at Christmas, trying to get mileage out of his work from back then, I wonder if Brenda has one in her cabinet or on her wall in Ireland ? or did she smash it when she fell out of favour.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Many years ago, I got rid of a few Spode plates and a Spode Italian meat platter which had belonged to my godmother, I was young and they didn't fit in with the modern (stoneware, etc.) ceramics that I fancied when I was young. I didn't sell them but gave them to a charity shop and I had no idea that they would be worth very much!
Probably back then you didn't have a phone in your pocket that you could check the going rate on. Far better to give them to help others than to let them sit unused or worse, tossed in the trash.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I see Brenda was still having problems with her native language as she was making "panals", whatever they may be. Have you ever seen a piece of toile quite as cluttered as that one with so many designs crammed into one piece? In that respect, it was a good representation of the crammed chateau and its chatelaine!

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I've got some real steals over the years at Emmaus. Pre covid, our local one used to do a twice yearly sale of jewellery that was donated I've picked up some stunning silver pieces for under a euro. Used to go every Wednesday afternoon (first day open to the public each week). I've also donated loads too! Haven't been to our local one in nearly 2 years now, don't fancy being stuck in there with loads of people at this present time though.
I used to enjoy the Emmaus vlogs until camelpants turned up!

Reactions: 26
New Patreon videos

How interesting that both mother and daughter wear a similar dress
Crazy, strange, eyes wide shut, in the middle of nowhere. Marie's description of first impressions of lalande.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
This is my favorite comment on Dan’s short vlog so far…

View attachment 999821
Burberry was my favorite commenter on the previous short too!

O8oBDPl6JrxvpUz6kYGcl2NO=s48-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj.jpg

Burberry4U
1 day ago
I think we could have had a bit of a spoof vlog today Dan ... what about "Table setting with Dan" ???

Here is another fav of mine from under the last short

EssGXZ45zTbYqrHoBGV6fwlc=s48-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj.jpg

JEE
2 hours ago
Philip will say "Bee -you-tiful, stunning, wow!" He might even tell you that his grandmother/ grandfather had a light switch that was exactly the same as he teeters in on his high heeled boots.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 41
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.