The Chateau Diaries #107 IJ. my legs are more beautiful, SJ ah yes but mine can open further

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Did you check out the latest video of "It's a wonderful Life" ? They had to go to the vet in a cat emercency case. Cat ok. But they came back with a 15 year old dog that was brought to the vet the day earlier to be put down. The previous owner, an old lady, had to go to the hospital. The dog had had a stroke and is "lopsided" as Anna called it. The vet didn't have the heart to put the dog down, because he wanted to live, seemed to be ok. And neither Anna nor Peter could go past it. So they took him home on a one week's trial basis to see if he was ok with all their cats.
They have my respect for such a kind offer. I'm not sure if I could have done it - having four cats, too.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 51
I greatly appreciate you mentioning this documentary a few threads back. I just watched it and found it compelling - I am very keen to see the movie version now.
It’s piqued my attention also I will look it up . I’ve never heard of it . Just watched the “Almost didn’t make it to lala land “ I’m not subscribed because I find Curtis sets my teeth on edge . However obviously the marriage is a way to move to Italy . Not even knowing what season your husband prefers ….

Reactions: 10
I'm loving the current "Spode Anonymous Support Group"! Spode made its foray into my kitchen via a pickle plate I saw on cadeau (they're quite handy and I use them for orange peels, nut shells, etc.) Until then I had only been exposed to MP's infatuation which I felt to be odd and matronly. I'm happy to say all of my Spode (except for the pickle plates and gravy boat) were purchased from thrift shops and discount/close-out stores.
They’re knife rests

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Gossip is Gossip...but discussing money is just uncouth (in my humble opinion). Even digging in her cousin's past business dealings was a little creepy. If you have to talk about it, you don't have it. Besides, I'm sure she pays her employees a decent salary.
T'was I that posted copies of publicly available accounts for the Aunt and Uncle's nursing home company (as chat here questioned how much a nursing home charged/made in profit) that company segway'd into Amury's company and his accounts are also public. I too recalled Dan's flyer with his daily rate for gardening as I pay 200 euro per day for mine however I haven't commented as that did not indicate that was what SJ was paying. We have spent most of the past year on here discussing money, how much SJ makes on Patreon, YouTube, BnB, Airbnb, how much gifts are worth, the tax due on them and the postage paid by fans, also how much she spends on 'renovations', staff, donates to charity, spends on travel and treats for herself. (Meals, wine etc). If you think it's uncouth to talk about money this may not be the correct forum for you.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 32
Gossip is Gossip...but discussing money is just uncouth (in my humble opinion). Even digging in her cousin's past business dealings was a little creepy. If you have to talk about it, you don't have it. Besides, I'm sure she pays her employees a decent salary.
I know, talking about money is so uncouth.

Granola Chic

Monday at 8:01 PM
It seems most of the patrons are older women on fixed incomes. Steph taking money from these poor women to buy wallpaper and trees for the garden is upsetting to me. Furthermore, even with inflation, the ever-rising stock market and the bounty of job opportunities have left the average investor quite flush with cash. People are spending and buying cars faster than they can produce them. Hell, my car is worth more now, than when I bought it 2 years ago.
I believe it will be the dishonesty and fakery that will bring down SJ and others like her. I think she knows it too; that's why all the comments are deleted out of her social media accounts and under her videos.

Granola Chic

Thursday at 11:58 PM
Quote from BBC:
"However, Ms Jarvis admits that she didn't factor in just how expensive it would be to pay for the upkeep of such a huge, old building. "I didn't realise how much money it would take to run," says the 50-year-old. " (Stanton, 2022).

Why didn't the author mention her 25-year-old boyfriend? Wonder if Philip is feeling left out?

I also think she knew how much it was to keep up, but when her father died, the wild spending sprees dried up.
Her mother had ahold of the checkbook after his death so she finally had to make her own way.
Old IJ was not handing out money for anything...not even a new mower for herself.
Can you imagine having people "give" you a mower? Dear Mummy clearly has the means to buy herself anything.

Granola Chic

Jan 10, 2022
An interesting idea SJ is hoarding money. She might be, but in my experiences (an accountant as a first career) the more disorganized a person was in real life, it was mirrored in their bank accounts. I'm guessing her money is as messy as her home.
The accounts are probably half-heartedly watched over without budgeting for each project. I'm guessing even the household account is a bottomless pit of cash (groceries and such) no one keeps an eye on.

I don't think she will ever sell. The place reminds her too much of her youth and her father. Besides, on the cash she has now, even with the sale of the residence, she would never afford Italy. Maybe rent for a month or two, but that would be it.

• Haha
  • Heart
1642597424266.png

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I just don't understand what Manor & Maker's channel is about. It seems to have no identity It's just a mélange of hodge podge. I honestly don't get it.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Wonder if he he has a "call out "charge for those plumbing emergencies? Maybe someone should let him know the going rate for "callouts" outside of working hours.
Well he certainly needs to up his price for all the extras he now does that have sod all to do with gardening.

Reactions: 14
Come come now, we shouldn’t shy away from talking money. Naturally, discussions should be based on factual figures, but our Don Jarvis isn’t afraid to tell us how much she’s donating to charities in a roundabout way in exchange for presents sent to herself. I think it’s only right to question where Don Jarvis’s expenditure from Patreon goes, after all, it is now a charitable concern, maybe less so for the CD YouTube as she earned that. You see SJ seems to be highly motivated by money, ill-gotten or otherwise, I think it’s integral to question her at every turn. Refraining from doing so - then what’s the point in expressing any grievances with SJ’s behaviour - she’ll have got away with her misdemeanors?

I disagree with the discussing of money meaning you don’t have any. It’s a cultural barrier you’re alluding to and not one that I relate to. Free yourself from the shackles of middle class propriety - SJ has. From what I gather most people’s interest with Don Jarvis’s payroll is whether she’s following the French tax system & employment laws and less so how much each employee is receiving. Previously, it was stated how the Jarvis family abused the WorkAway scheme and it’s volunteers for a profit making business, alongside sexual misconduct. As you maybe aware, SJ is a master of pulling the wool over her superchat militia, but here we like to question. However, should you wish to turn a blind eye that is your prerogative.

Last edited:
  • Heart
So our flowerkiller is playing the victim again...she surely can use a mirror..to look herself in the eye..and see what she is actually doing..i guess Sarah has left the sinking vessel...but maybe Marie never payed her..

Sister ..you really need a shag...
its the happy ending that is the point:p

• Haha
Reactions: 5
my spode confession is that I bought a spode travel mug after seeing SJ's in a cadeaux .... i do really like it! I like looking at other peoples' spode, but no desire for more than my travel mug!! :)

I prefer white dishes, but a mix of different kinds, some with embossed patterns, some plain. I love a mix and match of different white plates!!
I’ve got the travel mug (before SJ) which I use a lot although I only buy from the factory shop seconds 😂

Reactions: 12
So let me ask you, what makes you so sure about that? Do you have any actual proof she does? Because I would really like to see that, along with the other financial data about her 'non-profit' organization that she is obliged to make public. The cards at present are against her, I'm afraid.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
@MojoDublin how's the catching up going? If the 8pm hospitality curfew is lifted, the added distraction will make it even more difficult keep up.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.