The Chateau Diaries #107 IJ. my legs are more beautiful, SJ ah yes but mine can open further

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My everyday china is all white pieces mixed from Williams-Sonoma, Target and IKEA. It all works perfectly together (if not perfectly matched). It looks nice in the glass-fronted cabinets, too. Years ago, I started buying all my glassware from Williams-Sonoma because they have carried a French barware for 40 years. They always have the same glasses in stock so if a break one, I can easily replace it.
At Hemerocallis' manoir we also have white porcelain from different firms, works perfectly together. No problem if something breaks, goes all into the dishwasher and when our children were little, they were allowed to help, no fear that something valuable could break. I don't want several china sets that fill my cupboard. Trying to get rid of stuff here. But I took the damask napkins with embroidered monogram from MILs house and use them now. Found piles of very nice ones, with the monogram of my husbands grandmother, who married in the beginning of the 1920th, never used !
And I just bought white glass plates from Ikea, they are (y)(probably the same that @Sparrowsfart has purchased).
For me, what you have on your plate and who eats with you is more important than porrssellaine.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Full disclosure, I really do have a few pieces of Blue Italian which I kind of dig, especially the Black Italian. During Thanksgiving I got a wild hair up my ass about a Spode gravy boat, it was difficult but I finally got my hands on one. Because of that, I'm on the hunt for gravy boats when I'm in antique and thrift stores. This past weekend I bout a gravy boat for $11, took it home and googled it, it turned out to be a Wedgwood Florentine Turquiose selling as high as $220!
Wow! What a score! That's such a lovely pattern. It's so much fun when you find something for nothing and find out it's worth so much more than what you paid for it. I picked up a box lot at auction a few years back for $7 that had 3 large blue willow Spode meat platters in it...they go over $200 as well. Nothing like that feeling when you've found treasure. ☺

• Heart
Reactions: 17
150 Euros per day apparently. Can't remember who or when this info was posted, but sure I read it here, on one of the threads.
Please stop this nonsense. First Nutty gets 1200 and now a number is put on Dan. Sj keeps these things secret for a reason, however frustrating that may be. Saying "I'm sure I've read it somewhere" just doesn't cut it.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
Re phillip. I've just binge watched three years worth of the Christmas Advent Diaries. In the one I watched yesterday which was from 2020 Stephanie opened a gift. It was the Two Faced Better than Sex mascara and phillip said 'my ex girlfriend used that'. Stephanie just said 'there you go' in response
Btw I'm using that same mascara, it's not that great I prefer max factor
I suppose on that occasion he couldn't that his grandfather used it.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
Please stop this nonsense. First Nutty gets 1200 and now a number is put on Dan. Sj keeps these things secret for a reason, however frustrating that may be. Saying "I'm sure I've read it somewhere" just doesn't cut it.
Well I did, so this being Tattle I mentioned it. Not all talk about La La Land is unique to Tattle or you.

• Wow
Reactions: 9
So they're dodging taxes? Huh..I hope the tax inspector doesn't follow any of these chateau vloggers. How stupid to put it in writing in plain sight. :rolleyes:
That's because they know that the French tax inspectors don't watch vlogs in english. They bet.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Thank you Jeeves, I knew I had seen that some where else online.
That leaflet only gave the tariff for Dan's garden work a few years ago. It doesn't really help with what she might be paying now as his roles encompass so many other areas and his working hours have altered significantly since that leaflet for his daily rate was distributed.
As much as Dan began his vlogs off the back of the CD vlogs, she now needs him as a regular character and that surely has increased his value.

Your comments to Clara were however uncalled for!

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Did anyone recognize the room that Russian Maria was in playing the piano. She looked like she was in a storage room.
It's the sitting room of the Marquis apartment, the one SJ failed to finish on British television and where she used a crayon to hide the fact that she ruined very expensive wallpaper.

I was just watching Dan repointing the bricks and he had the two volunteers helping. I find it odd that they are staying there while SJ and co are off in SA it can’t be very comfortable or entertaining staying in that cold barrack by themselves, don’t they have lives? Apparently not!
One of those "volunteers" is actually Kim Raad, SJ's Dutch friend who's babysitting the shittoo during SJ's absence. She also likes to have volunteers (a.k.a. slaves) to help her out and keep her company. She usually asks SJ to organize at least one volunteer staying when she's there.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 38
If we ever do another prodigious assignment like @Jeeves coordinated, perhaps we could each take a cadeaux episode and list what was sent and estimate total value. That could be fun and scary for some readers ;)

Thanks for help with Spot Sally’s Lamp. I loved it (the lamp). Now I am searching for the Titanic Teaset.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
This may be what was stuck in my memory. Factual or not..... https://tattle.life/threads/the-cha...ing-straight-to-ingratiate.24262/post-6973680 and now I can sleep.
Nothing factual about it, just a Tattler assuming and guessing.

I had to go back and find it. And wow, yes, it was a gorgeous gift! I haven't noticed it anywhere either, now I'll keep my eyes open.

Wasn't that the wonky lamp in Curtis photoshoot? In a windowsill in the same corridor where he made SJ balance on a leaking radiator?

• Haha
  • Heart
Well I did, so this being Tattle I mentioned it. Not all talk about La La Land is unique to Tattle or you.
This being Tattle gives you privileges to just mention random things you saw somewhere but can't remember where? I dare to differ you there and doubt I will be unique in that.

Last edited:
It was indeed. her gift-grab-tat is now left in the corridor to not spoil the perfectly styled rooms, apparently.
I used to be somewhat of a social media influencer, years ago. I'm, first and foremost, not a people person. I'm an open introvert, I dislike people. I hate pandering. I don't feign interest in tit that I obviously dislike. I made the mistake of opening a po box and the amount of absolute garbage I was sent was stunning. I never encouraged it, I did encourage letters and fan art (LOL) but I'm a sentimental person, not materialistic and I never imagined anyone would send me china services or Dolce cake...had I known it were possible... At any rate, one time someone sent me cupcakes for my birthday, through the post...and I ate them because I'm a moron. Actually, I knew I shouldn't eat them but I did anyway because I'm a binge eater. I was fine, no issues thats not the point, I forgot what I was going to say... Oh, I eventually just had to say, stop sending me stuff. Mind you, I didn't open anything on camera or anything... I didn't read letters on camera or anything either, it was just a thing that I thought would be nice to do and maybe meet some actually interesting people who shared common interests. I think that sort of thing is slightly more possible now but the main issue is the garbage gifts and sycophants. I'd rather argue with someone than have my ass kissed.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
That leaflet only gave the tariff for Dan's garden work a few years ago. It doesn't really help with what she might be paying now as his roles encompass so many other areas and his working hours have altered significantly since that leaflet for his daily rate was distributed.
As much as Dan began his vlogs off the back of the CD vlogs, she now needs him as a regular character and that surely has increased his value.

Your comments to Clara were however uncalled for!
Well I think Clara's comment were uncalled for. I don't do heiracy. We'll leave it at that.

• Wow
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.