The Chateau Diaries #107 IJ. my legs are more beautiful, SJ ah yes but mine can open further

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Xd
Actually I don't see any difference in fleuries buying themselves a fancy kitchen or Steph buying herself a chandelier. Both are showing clearly on what they spend their money, we just don't like on what S spends it. I was a bit put off the way Anna talked about her kitchen like it being the hell on earth. For 2,5 years? What a pain.... 🙄Lots of people would love to have such space for a kitchen. And lots of people live a happy life with a IKEA kitchen. (and Ikea kitchens are not even the cheapest kitchens imp) She had all the necessary working appliances, lots of storage, light and even fancy decoration. Just because they made a bad decision where to put the sink...Now the will waste 40000 or even more and customer made cupboards, another useless but cool looking aga and a wine cooler to have a insta worthy cuisine. Sure, it's more sensible invested money than Stephs but nonetheless grifted.
Once again, I believe the Fleuries are paying for their own kitchen - not using patron money for this project.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Good call. I fast-forwarded, and it's the usual drivel. Wobbly bike ride with Diesel obscuring the view, turning up at the gates of an historic property which is closed, and Tatty doing a Wiki voice-over.
No sign of any urgency with their Kickstarter deadline looming, of course.
Thanks for the tip. I gave up watching his because most of the time I can't understand him and closed captions don't work well either!

Reactions: 12
I have no idea what the cost of a kitchen is in France but my kitchen reno in 2019 cost AUD$40k for a partial as I didn't have to replace the granite benchtops. I hope their patrons and coffee buyers are feeling generous.
I am having a quote next Monday for my ensuite ....... its going to be expensive and I am so glad I do not have a kitchen to do like you did AndAnotherName !!!

Oh...... I am paying for it for myself too !

Stephanie is sleeping at 9:00 p.m. & can't get up for the live chat???? She's either ill with covid or pregnant!
Or Just Plain Lazy !

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I had never heard of, or seen, the Grey Gardens documentary (1975) until it was mentioned here on Tattle. I just watched it today on YouTube. I can definitely see the similarities between the two Edies and IJ / SJ. In both cases, a mother and daughter living on a large estate and letting it fall to ruin. Surrounded by “workers” who either aren’t really helping or aren’t making much progress. Abandoned by the strong men in their lives (in the documentary it was by divorce, and at LaLaLande it was by death). In both cases, overbearing mothers. Makes you wonder…if SJ’s father were alive, would he have allowed all of the YouTube and Patreon circus show to happen? If you haven’t seen the Grey Gardens documentary, I recommend it; kind of difficult to watch, but I read that the two Edies didn’t mind the film…they lived life on their own terms and didn’t care what anyone else thought.
I know for a fact that if Derek Jarvis was still alive, he would have put an end to much of her grifting instantly. This is the whole reason SJ is overcompensating her feelings about Daddy Dearest and his artwork in her vlogs, mentioning him each and every time as if he's still with her, because she knows he would despise what she's doing and would not be afraid to speak up. This way she can at least make it look like the Jarvis family (dead and alive) forms an united front, while in fact she's spitting on her fathers grave by selling her dignity the ways she does.

I doubt that man was able to get a word in edgewise while his wife and daughter were around him. I doubt they'd have listened to him anyway even if he were to protest against their grifting/begging... and considering he might have grifted his Alzheimer patients out of their money and belongings... do you really think he'd have a problem with what Fanny & Co. Is doing?

Fanny was able to learn the art of grifting from the masters themselves: her parents.
Hi and welcome, so glad you decided to join!
I really do think her father would have had a problem with Fanny & co and what they are doing. He was a rather formal man and would have hated her throwing herself into public life the way she does and the reputations she thus has build. Yes, it looks like he's been grifting himself too with the granny farming, but the fact that we still have not found any definite proof of it at least must mean most of his schemes were kept in the dark.

I think Natti gets around €1200 per month as income. What's taxed I have no idea.
And you know this how, if you don't mind me asking?

Last edited:
Reactions: 32
Someone mentioned chateau de la Ferte. So I watched them. These two, put the fleuries and SJ to shame! They are working so hard, I got tired watching them sitting on my couch!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Hello Tattlers! Long time lurker here, first time poster.
I came accross the CD at the beginning of the pandemic, through the DIY chanel, when Stephanie was presented as Madam Mystery in their end of vlog sketch: My first opinion was “what an eccentric woman. I like her! What kind of world does she live in? I wish I could spend quarantine in a castle; let’s see what her life is like”. And I was hooked! I fell under Stephanie’s spell and charm. Today, I finally feel like I have something to contribute and I am very curious in hearing your thoughts. Thank you for bearing with me.

A little about me, I am a millennial from Canada that has spent have spent the better part of what little free time I have over the two last years completely enthralled with CD and have watched the entire channel. I loved the castle and I adored Stephanie. She really made me feel like I was a part of her inner circle; she has a way of reeling you in. Things started feeling off for me when she began the Cadeau Unwrapped Channel. Until then, I hadn’t really cared that she was always on vacation and not so focused on the chateau, but over time, something started to feel off about her vapid responses to everything and her insatiable need for attention and validation

Stephanie reminded me of my best friend who has histrionic personality disorder (HPD). So, I looked up “chateau diaries stephanie histrionic disorder” online to see if someone else had came to the same conclusion as me and I found this site. However, the only mention of a disorder for Stephanie on this forum was eating related, but not HPD.

I used the search function and it really doesn’t appear that this has been explored, but if it has, I am sorry for bringing it up again. In sum, Histrionic Personality Disorder is from the Cluster B of personality disorders: Antisocial, Narcissistic, Bordeline, and Histrionic. It is common of children(notably women) of narcissistic parents (IJ seems a likely narcissist, and many here agree on this already I’ve seen).

I feel like the more people who know of this, the less people will get caught up her love bombing and her theatrics, and the better chance she has of getting the help she needs. She is unwell, deeply sad and depressed, and it is causing so much harm in her personal relationships and all those around her. Personally, it was such a relief to finally understand why I was suffering in my relationship with my best friend who has HPD and I hope others can find some relief as well from understanding why Steph is the way she is. If anyone is closed to Stephanie and is reading this, spread the word, please.

So here we go:

The American Psychiatric Association diagnoses a personality as being histrionic if it has at least five of the following traits

• A compulsion to be the center of attention that results in discomfort if unmet
  • Inappropriate sexual, seductive or provocative behavior when interacting with others
  • Shallow, rapidly shifting emotions
  • The use of physical appearance to draw others’ attention
  • Dramatic, impressionistic speech that lacks detail
  • Exaggerated, theatrical emotional expression
  • Easily influenced by others or situations
  • Assumes relationships are more intimate than they are
I think you will find that Stephanie checks every box.
Sorry for the long post! I wanted to be polite and introduce the whole context so thank you for reading this far!

What do you think fellow tattlers? Is this way off?
Hi! And welcome, obviously, it's fabulous to hear that a former fan has seen the light as it all counts towards the final exposure of who she really is. I am in no way capable to give a diagnosis of what is actually wrong with SJ, I just know a lot is wrong. You might be perfectly right and she sure seems to tick all the boxes, like you say. But unless someone closer to SJ cares enough to get her to a doctor who actually can diagnose her, nothing will happen with this knowledge. I agree with you she is unwell, deeply sad and depressed, but also: she sure knows to use this all for her financial benefit.

• Sad
Reactions: 34
Hello Tattlers! Long time lurker here, first time poster.
I came accross the CD at the beginning of the pandemic, through the DIY chanel, when Stephanie was presented as Madam Mystery in their end of vlog sketch: My first opinion was “what an eccentric woman. I like her! What kind of world does she live in? I wish I could spend quarantine in a castle; let’s see what her life is like”. And I was hooked! I fell under Stephanie’s spell and charm. Today, I finally feel like I have something to contribute and I am very curious in hearing your thoughts. Thank you for bearing with me.

A little about me, I am a millennial from Canada that has spent have spent the better part of what little free time I have over the two last years completely enthralled with CD and have watched the entire channel. I loved the castle and I adored Stephanie. She really made me feel like I was a part of her inner circle; she has a way of reeling you in. Things started feeling off for me when she began the Cadeau Unwrapped Channel. Until then, I hadn’t really cared that she was always on vacation and not so focused on the chateau, but over time, something started to feel off about her vapid responses to everything and her insatiable need for attention and validation

Stephanie reminded me of my best friend who has histrionic personality disorder (HPD). So, I looked up “chateau diaries stephanie histrionic disorder” online to see if someone else had came to the same conclusion as me and I found this site. However, the only mention of a disorder for Stephanie on this forum was eating related, but not HPD.

I used the search function and it really doesn’t appear that this has been explored, but if it has, I am sorry for bringing it up again. In sum, Histrionic Personality Disorder is from the Cluster B of personality disorders: Antisocial, Narcissistic, Bordeline, and Histrionic. It is common of children(notably women) of narcissistic parents (IJ seems a likely narcissist, and many here agree on this already I’ve seen).

I feel like the more people who know of this, the less people will get caught up her love bombing and her theatrics, and the better chance she has of getting the help she needs. She is unwell, deeply sad and depressed, and it is causing so much harm in her personal relationships and all those around her. Personally, it was such a relief to finally understand why I was suffering in my relationship with my best friend who has HPD and I hope others can find some relief as well from understanding why Steph is the way she is. If anyone is closed to Stephanie and is reading this, spread the word, please.

So here we go:

The American Psychiatric Association diagnoses a personality as being histrionic if it has at least five of the following traits

• A compulsion to be the center of attention that results in discomfort if unmet
  • Inappropriate sexual, seductive or provocative behavior when interacting with others
  • Shallow, rapidly shifting emotions
  • The use of physical appearance to draw others’ attention
  • Dramatic, impressionistic speech that lacks detail
  • Exaggerated, theatrical emotional expression
  • Easily influenced by others or situations
  • Assumes relationships are more intimate than they are
I think you will find that Stephanie checks every box.
Sorry for the long post! I wanted to be polite and introduce the whole context so thank you for reading this far!

What do you think fellow tattlers? Is this way off?
Welcome to our community of 15 haters tattlers, tattling about common sense and nonsense!

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Not Stephending but SJ has been diagnosed here with everything from thyroid disease to ectopic pregnancies, and various mental disorders with may or may not be the case. We only see small clips of what she’s like and of course your going to be “on” if you’r vloging or you’ll end up with videos as dull as Dulmars
Believe me, I've see more than small clips and over the years have build quite a coherent image of who she is. Also: it's a scripted and edited show and she decides what stays in and what's edited out, so the clips we see is exactly what she wants us to see. That's too valuable a tool to just cast aside. I personally know a lot of people who have somehow or in some way interacted with her in real life and I tell you: not one of them would say she is sane.

• Wow
Reactions: 37
Exactly, and this before taxes. I don't understand where people get these crazy numbers and think vlogging is a goldmine.
Last month SJ gained 3,2 million views, that's $12,800 and from this money she pretends to pay BJJ's and Nutty's salary, all the travelling costs, hotels, shopping etc. Patrons need to wake up and understand their donations are going towards her lifestyle. That is the reason there's no progress in renovation FFS 🤦‍♀️
Google says YouTube takes 45% and making provision for 45% French income tax assuming she is declaring???
She is living off the patrons for everything else.

Reactions: 6
I think Natti gets around €1200 per month as income. What's taxed I have no idea.
The question is : are they legally declared to the French authorities ?

Anyway, with 1200 euros per month, she won't have any revenue tax to pay. Or very very very little.

Reactions: 8
Yesterday's Cadeau left me very sad, I could relate to the stories, having lost one parent in similar circumstances, but why write to Stephanie about it? Did they not find confort in real life? I feel sorry for them. And why is Stephanie exploiting these personal tragedies to appear as a new mother Theresa? And am I over sensitive, or was PJ even louder than usual from behind the tripod?

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 31
I am having a quote next Monday for my ensuite ....... its going to be expensive and I am so glad I do not have a kitchen to do like you did AndAnotherName !!!

Oh...... I am paying for it for myself too !

Or Just Plain Lazy !

Get three quotes @Pekey

Reactions: 5
Yesterday's Cadeau left me very sad, I could relate to the stories, having lost one parent in similar circumstances, but why write to Stephanie about it? Did they not find confort in real life? I feel sorry for them. And why is Stephanie exploiting these personal tragedies to appear as a new mother Theresa? And am I over sensitive, or was PJ even louder than usual from behind the tripod?
And the saddest aspect is Greg sent his package some time in September (according to his comment re vaccine). So possibly 3-4 months since he wrote his terribly sad letter. Could Natti not fully open packages, read letters and give these poor fans who send Christmas related gifts some comfort or joy, some priority?

Yes I agree Bubble Girl Mama wanted that kimono. Possibly for payment for wedding dress do up.

• Sad
Reactions: 28
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.