The Chateau Diaries #107 IJ. my legs are more beautiful, SJ ah yes but mine can open further

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I agree! I watched it after watching the documentary and was glad I did. The acting was very good, but the level of instability and eccentricity in the women was so extreme and the movie had it toned down a wee bit from the reality. I don't quite see the connection with IJ and SJ that others do, but it was sure interesting.
For me, the reference is more the disconnect from reality and the dereliction of the property. SJ and IJ have a different kind of toxic relationship. SJ needs IJ, but she’s not going to live her life trying to please her.

I was in tears watching both the doc and the movie. There are some people that no matter what, the sweetness is always there.

Is Grey Garden the same as Olive Garden?
It is except there are unlimited breadsticks, salad and hep C.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
You tube doesn’t pay handsomely unless you have 4 million followers. It’s $4.00 per thousand views.
Exactly, and this before taxes. I don't understand where people get these crazy numbers and think vlogging is a goldmine.
Last month SJ gained 3,2 million views, that's $12,800 and from this money she pretends to pay BJJ's and Nutty's salary, all the travelling costs, hotels, shopping etc. Patrons need to wake up and understand their donations are going towards her lifestyle. That is the reason there's no progress in renovation FFS 🤦‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 42
Exactly, and this before taxes. I don't understand where people get these crazy numbers and think vlogging is a goldmine.
Last month SJ gained 3,2 million views, that's $12,800 and from this money she pretends to pay BJJ's and Nutty's salary, all the travelling costs, hotels, shopping etc. Patrons need to wake up and understand their donations are going towards her lifestyle. That is the reason there's no progress in renovation FFS 🤦‍♀️
Exactly! It’s a lot of work and a slow crawl to monetization. Many of the YT vloggers have sponsors, so that undoubtedly helps.

There are a thousand ways to make money, but all of them involve work. I’m sure a sponsor would be way too working class for Fanny!

Reactions: 12
On the live for Bordeaux Life, the discussion included why the Buy me a Coffee. Edd says that YouTube takes 50% if you donate during the live chat, whereas if you donate via buy me a coffee only 5% is taken.
50% damn... Why even donate!

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
Anna and Phillip on How to Renovate a Chateau Seem to have it figured out. They’re pretty honest it seems with the revenue he thanks his patrons all the time for things that they’ve helped buy at the Château like the mulcher etc. I also read saw I can’t remember where sorry everyone that they might actually be able to stop renting out the rooms or reuse the amount of nights they and focus more on contents as they’re doing really well. Philip’s Background is film and their blogs make me laugh every single time I watch them and they’re interesting. I like the mixing up of things to sometimes we get them renovating the château sometimes we get them going on a road trip I enjoy it. I don’t mind paid partnerships either as long as they’re honest about it and even how they bring them into the 20 minute Vlog is kind of fun. They seem to have good taste to all the rooms that they’ve redone I’ve liked there well done and looked to be done correctly. OK maybe some of the chairs in the room are kind of blah but they’ll fix that eventually.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
I had never heard of, or seen, the Grey Gardens documentary (1975) until it was mentioned here on Tattle. I just watched it today on YouTube. I can definitely see the similarities between the two Edies and IJ / SJ. In both cases, a mother and daughter living on a large estate and letting it fall to ruin. Surrounded by “workers” who either aren’t really helping or aren’t making much progress. Abandoned by the strong men in their lives (in the documentary it was by divorce, and at LaLaLande it was by death). In both cases, overbearing mothers. Makes you wonder…if SJ’s father were alive, would he have allowed all of the YouTube and Patreon circus show to happen? If you haven’t seen the Grey Gardens documentary, I recommend it; kind of difficult to watch, but I read that the two Edies didn’t mind the film…they lived life on their own terms and didn’t care what anyone else thought.
Y'all are tempting me to re-watch this. I watched it back when Drew Barrymore made her movie about it, but I vaguely remember much of it . I remember feeling weird about the whole vibe after watching it though so I'm not sure I really want to see it again .

I agree! I watched it after watching the documentary and was glad I did. The acting was very good, but the level of instability and eccentricity in the women was so extreme and the movie had it toned down a wee bit from the reality. I don't quite see the connection with IJ and SJ that others do, but it was sure interesting.
Yeah, I also dont really see the connection. We don't like what we see, but I think SJ is in her own way (which involves alot of selfish indulgences)trying to save the chateau. She really isn't just letting everything fall apart . Projects are just painfully slow but something is being down .

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
Four dollars per thousand views is a very old number that has been around for years and it's just a rough estimate. Well targeted channels can multiply that number and we don't even have to use it to guess Stefanny's income because she gave away her GAG channel numbers which come to just a touch over six euros per thousand views. Based on that, she made about €19K last month.

I am pretty sure Nutty and Squirrel do not live and eat for free so if they are on same terms as other slaves volunteers (25h free labour per week) they would get paid only for the remaining ten hours per week. With minimum wage that comes to a monthly cost of about 580 euros per employee. I think the witch has plenty of money to burn even without the Patreon fund. Just makes the e-begging all the more obnoxious.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 30
Anna and Phillip on How to Renovate a Chateau Seem to have it figured out. They’re pretty honest it seems with the revenue he thanks his patrons all the time for things that they’ve helped buy at the Château like the mulcher etc. I also read saw I can’t remember where sorry everyone that they might actually be able to stop renting out the rooms or reuse the amount of nights they and focus more on contents as they’re doing really well. Philip’s Background is film and their blogs make me laugh every single time I watch them and they’re interesting. I like the mixing up of things to sometimes we get them renovating the château sometimes we get them going on a road trip I enjoy it. I don’t mind paid partnerships either as long as they’re honest about it and even how they bring them into the 20 minute Vlog is kind of fun. They seem to have good taste to all the rooms that they’ve redone I’ve liked there well done and looked to be done correctly. OK maybe some of the chairs in the room are kind of blah but they’ll fix that eventually.
Yes I think the key thing with them is they are telling their patreons exactly where the money goes. There is no wool being pulled over their eyes. They can choose to be a patreon with full knowledge of what money is for.
Unlike Fanny who says it's for restoration and uses it to fund her lifestyle and at the best the occasional renovation (different from restoration) but her die hard fans can't understand or choose not to see this.

Reactions: 25
So after watching tonights cadeaux we learn that BJJ had playmobil advent calendar as sent to Antoine, yet told us he had only brochures when playing with Davey stuff months ago. I wish he would shut up, no one is interested in his opinion and fiction, he just makes stuff up to try and include himself in any / all conversations as he has nothing to add of his own.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Four dollars per thousand views is a very old number that has been around for years and it's just a rough estimate. Well targeted channels can multiply that number and we don't even have to use it to guess Stefanny's income because she gave away her GAG channel numbers which come to just a touch over six euros per thousand views. Based on that, she made about €19K last month.

I am pretty sure Nutty and Squirrel do not live and eat for free so if they are on same terms as other slaves volunteers (25h free labour per week) they would get paid only for the remaining ten hours per week. With minimum wage that comes to a monthly cost of about 580 euros per employee. I think the witch has plenty of money to burn even without the Patreon fund. Just makes the e-begging all the more obnoxious.
I think Natti gets around €1200 per month as income. What's taxed I have no idea.

Reactions: 4
Yeah, I also dont really see the connection. We don't like what we see, but I think SJ is in her own way (which involves alot of selfish indulgences)trying to save the chateau. She really isn't just letting everything fall apart . Projects are just painfully slow but something is being down .
The sad thing is that SJ thinks she’s trying to save the chateau, but in the wrong way…or she has no idea what she’s doing. So many times we’ve watched jobs that are botched or done half-way. Fundamental issues not addressed. More about looks than actual fixes. So, the chateau slowly decays but SJ doesn’t see it. I guess, in that way, it’s like the two Edies…letting their home crumble and not really seeing it.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 36
I think Natti gets around €1200 per month as income. What's taxed I have no idea.
What is that €1200 per month for Nutty based on?
Minimum wage in France is currently €1,603.12 but I don't think Nutty gets paid for full time. She gets free room and board so instead of that being extra on top of salary (like it should be), I think the Charlatan deducts that from Nutty's wages. I wonder if Nutty realises that she is supposed to pay taxes on that perk. The whole pseudo employment at the shitoo is one thing that will probably bite the Charlatan in the ass at some point.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Anyone seen Mullerlight adverts Have It All with our Olympians UK TV, I think advertising agency must be Chateau / Steph and Snort fans esp. Breakfast and Afternoon Tea episodes 1 and 2, and 3 with cutlery roll !

Reactions: 2
Four dollars per thousand views is a very old number that has been around for years and it's just a rough estimate. Well targeted channels can multiply that number and we don't even have to use it to guess Stefanny's income because she gave away her GAG channel numbers which come to just a touch over six euros per thousand views. Based on that, she made about €19K last
Most of SJ's viewers are from 1st world countries. Best cpm countries are: Germany, norway, UK, Canada, USA, Australia. Those are all usd 10 and above per 1000 views in a normal month. In december it's jackpot! The ad revenue is double.
Sooo 19k gross is conservative.

Reactions: 12
Hello Tattlers! Long time lurker here, first time poster.
I came accross the CD at the beginning of the pandemic, through the DIY chanel, when Stephanie was presented as Madam Mystery in their end of vlog sketch: My first opinion was “what an eccentric woman. I like her! What kind of world does she live in? I wish I could spend quarantine in a castle; let’s see what her life is like”. And I was hooked! I fell under Stephanie’s spell and charm. Today, I finally feel like I have something to contribute and I am very curious in hearing your thoughts. Thank you for bearing with me.

A little about me, I am a millennial from Canada that has spent have spent the better part of what little free time I have over the two last years completely enthralled with CD and have watched the entire channel. I loved the castle and I adored Stephanie. She really made me feel like I was a part of her inner circle; she has a way of reeling you in. Things started feeling off for me when she began the Cadeau Unwrapped Channel. Until then, I hadn’t really cared that she was always on vacation and not so focused on the chateau, but over time, something started to feel off about her vapid responses to everything and her insatiable need for attention and validation

Stephanie reminded me of my best friend who has histrionic personality disorder (HPD). So, I looked up “chateau diaries stephanie histrionic disorder” online to see if someone else had came to the same conclusion as me and I found this site. However, the only mention of a disorder for Stephanie on this forum was eating related, but not HPD.

I used the search function and it really doesn’t appear that this has been explored, but if it has, I am sorry for bringing it up again. In sum, Histrionic Personality Disorder is from the Cluster B of personality disorders: Antisocial, Narcissistic, Bordeline, and Histrionic. It is common of children(notably women) of narcissistic parents (IJ seems a likely narcissist, and many here agree on this already I’ve seen).

I feel like the more people who know of this, the less people will get caught up her love bombing and her theatrics, and the better chance she has of getting the help she needs. She is unwell, deeply sad and depressed, and it is causing so much harm in her personal relationships and all those around her. Personally, it was such a relief to finally understand why I was suffering in my relationship with my best friend who has HPD and I hope others can find some relief as well from understanding why Steph is the way she is. If anyone is closed to Stephanie and is reading this, spread the word, please.

So here we go:

The American Psychiatric Association diagnoses a personality as being histrionic if it has at least five of the following traits

• A compulsion to be the center of attention that results in discomfort if unmet
  • Inappropriate sexual, seductive or provocative behavior when interacting with others
  • Shallow, rapidly shifting emotions
  • The use of physical appearance to draw others’ attention
  • Dramatic, impressionistic speech that lacks detail
  • Exaggerated, theatrical emotional expression
  • Easily influenced by others or situations
  • Assumes relationships are more intimate than they are
I think you will find that Stephanie checks every box.
Sorry for the long post! I wanted to be polite and introduce the whole context so thank you for reading this far!

What do you think fellow tattlers? Is this way off?

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 47

Have just watched this on tv, was really funny and informative, highly recommend. One of the places they visited was Bollinger Champagne. Very interesting seeing it all especially the underground caves. If Fanny has seen it I bet she was jealous as they don't do public tours but did for the film crew and Joanna & Jennifer.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 21

I don't watch GAG anymore but yep, there you can easily calculate the pay per view. That's a lot of money. It's clear that she can't afford to pay much for Nutty or BJJ though.

I was wondering that something with the $4/1000 views don't add up with the Fleuries either, their bespoke kitchen will easily cost around $100k (underfloor heating, new stone floor, bespoke cabinets, range cooker. The only things they can do themselves are the new door replacement, electrics and painting.) And they have started to talk not keeping their B&B open 7 days a week and Anna wanting hired help. It's more lucrative to make videos. Philipp said it takes 3 days to make a vlog, in theory they could make two vlogs per week and double their income. It would make no sense to keep a B&B then. Or just rent the gites in the longhouses which will be ready next year and upload once a week. Patrons will pay for the structural work which is the costliest part.

Neither of them needs Patreon anymore. Which is funny since they're the only ones making serious money with it.

EDIT TO ADD: @Jikki2 Gosh you look great :love:

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
I don't watch GAG anymore but yep, there you can easily calculate the pay per view. That's a lot of money. It's clear that she can't afford to pay much for Nutty or BJJ though.

I was wondering that something with the $4/1000 views don't add up with the Fleuries either, their bespoke kitchen will easily cost around $100k (underfloor heating, new stone floor, bespoke cabinets, range cooker. The only things they can do themselves are the new door replacement, electrics and painting.) And they have started to talk not keeping their B&B open 7 days a week and Anna wanting hired help. It's more lucrative to make videos. Philipp said it takes 3 days to make a vlog, in theory they could make two vlogs per week and double their income. It would make no sense to keep a B&B then. Or just rent the gites in the longhouses which will be ready next year and upload once a week. Patrons will pay for the structural work which is the costliest part.

Neither of them needs Patreon anymore. Which is funny since they're the only ones making serious money with it.

EDIT TO ADD: @Jikki2 Gosh you look great :love:
i doubt that sj makes her boyfriend pay for much, she doesnt even seem to make him work that much. because of the income that patreon provides, no one is going to be in a hurry to give it up, and if there are fools out there willing to pay, why should anyone give it up. thats not what grifters do

Reactions: 15
Tattler ate my quote
Someone asked how the bnb guests are greeted.
You should ask Jason Whatshisname. Did you see him in the Halloween vlog? Did you see him? He brought the shitoolaine a huge bouquet of fresh flowers and said Honey, I’m home. He’s soooo funny. Did you see him? He brought the designer red clock purse in the Halloween vlog. Did you see him?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 36
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.