The Chateau Diaries #107 IJ. my legs are more beautiful, SJ ah yes but mine can open further

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
8CF5208E-3EB6-4553-B30A-986074B07491.jpeg

I’ve only every seen this part of the floor plan, does anyone else have any others as the Dan corridor to the pantry has confused me, thanks

Reactions: 5
“Working class habits?” 🙄. Anne Marie smokes so what the heck do they think that is? Do you have any triple checked background on PHiPhi you can share? Do any of his people have money? Hard to tell because he’s always shopping at the charity shop.
When I first heard about that quote, I was kind of stunned by the old fashioned ness of it all, but I really think she meant working to be the working class habit that she despises, to work for money that is, despicable and pathetic. From what I know the snorting Squirrel Cameltoe is from very common descent, but I'm sure he would like to fill us all in on his ancestors' art treasures and how they defined his class and eloquence.

View attachment 994500
I’ve only every seen this part of the floor plan, does anyone else have any others as the Dan corridor to the pantry has confused me, thanks
The entry to her pantry is in the same corridor as the downstairs loo. If you walk straight from the kitchen into this corridor, you'll have the laundry room on your right first (also where the broken geothermal heating thing is located), then the downstairs loo and the next one on your right (after a door that separates the corridor from the back corridor) is the entry to her pantry. It opens into the small corridor where Dan has been working lately. On your immediate left in this corridor is a door to the liquor storage (where the owners were hiding together when that ceiling came down ad they did not want to be part of any clean ups) and if you walk sort of straight into the small corridor there's a door to the actual food pantry, usually such a mess with so much food just lying around that it's a mice and rats heavenly paradise.

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 50
I'm sure I remember her saying on a vlog that when her asthma is bad it affects her voice. Nevertheless, it seems to be quite frequent. I know it's been said over and over we only see a small part of their day and perhaps they just want to keep it private. I just wish we'd see more of Dan getting things done in their house, not the Chateau and not the studio fed up with that.
The trouble is his house doesn't have the same footprint as a Chateau, therefore unless he is an instagrammer and starts publishing photos of candles artfully arranged on a footstool, then you'd be out of luck. He could turn into a Hincher, in which case he would get knocked on another thread for overuse of weird face filters, zoflora, grey, or generally being friends with someone.
Ltd time means he has started a project in the studio and he also works as does Annalise. He did mention that he has plans for the outside once weather improves.
So his life is what it is.
Personally don't mind it, but I don't watch all the time.
As for CLL footage, that's interesting. He does have a can do attitude, not that I agree with the way he does things all the time, but he is more watchable than the snorting prop she is attached to.
Talking of Château work. The Fleuries do get on with things and I am looking forward to their finished kitchen. Now if ever there was use for a digger somewhere, it would be in the crap hole of a kitchen at Lalande. The Tattlers would be lining up to have a go on that- after Dan of course.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Yes I am this far behind

But this should be Stephanoligy
Epitaff for the last 2 years

Tick Tock 💣😈

@OhIDontKnow... ...
Saturday at 10:25 PM
Add bookmark
MadameChat said:
I thought I saw a thumbnail with Amoire but then I couldn’t find the vlog, but I did find a very interesting singles party that was held at Shackteau, Fanny seemed much more “normal” and mummy too way back then
I don’t know why I went down this wormhole last night but on Instagram she has several videos from when she first starting doing Instagram- circa 2017. Isabel and Percy were there and she was doing a ton of cooking for workshops. She was traveling like four or five times a month. Totally different personality. She actually seemed to work. She was tooling around in her crappy cars and seeing friends. She definitely has always traveled. There was a really shabby chic vibe going on. Like hey we own this big house but we don’t really have much money, etc etc. Potts was around more.

The money has gone to her head. Completely. It’s obvious she has had some kind of baseline income, probably from an annuity or something, but it obviously wasn’t enough to fund anything past her travel and little shopping exploits. She was in Amsterdam a lot.

She has built a little persona for her YouTube channel, and it’s not the real her. Her current boy thing isn’t the real her either. Potts is the real her. I also think though that a big part of Potts appeal is that he photographed her constantly. Other than Sir Snortsalot, she doesn’t have anyone to do that for her. Or she didn’t, until Dan. I think Snorts ought to be very wary of old Dan. Dan could replace him in a skinny minute. Not in the bedroom, but definitely behind the camera. She’d be smart to do that and get someone else for the bedroom. Snorts is wrecking her roll. His influence on her wardrobe choices is so bad. Granny chic is in but he isn’t doing it the Gucci way, if you know what I mean.

She has to keep the renovation stuff going because that is what her YouTube audience wants. She needs to leave it to Ian, Anne Marie, and Dan and rejuvenate her social life starting with jettisoning her boy thing. She’ll be back to cooking for workshops with an overgrown landscape soon enough if she doesn’t.
Heart Heart Report
LikeHeartHaha Reactions: You, Diesel, Ginginger and 36 others

Reactions: 33
Bit rich for SJ to witch about Natti being working-class when she fawns over Michael and the Trotters!

• Haha
Reactions: 31
life_wood_n_food is busy with their retirement/assisted living vacation. Ann Maire has experience with this age group.👵🧓 Must be their target market. When will their YT and patron account be set up???

Reactions: 16
I truly love Dan and his family but I am afraid he has gotten a little big in the britches. He seems way more cocky lately
I disagree. He's been working so hard sometimes he forgets his belt and his britches start to fall down.
I can never understand someone being knocked down for working and providing for his family.
Who on here has hard working husbands/partners or are single and work more than one job to keep a roof over their heads and their family fed and clothed. I could work a 12/14 hour plus day when my children were younger still can if I want to. I would also work away and still do if the contract requires it. I missed some things but that is the way of the world. We are more comfortable now and that's because the graft was put in. I made sure I had quality time with my children.
I think we can all see things and make educated guesses but that's my opinion. I would like to see him have a holiday with his family and I hope that's on the cards. It would do them all some good no vlog, no Chateau and some good old fashioned fun.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
Wait are we suggesting, that Phyllis' might be trans.... species?! 😏

Genderfluid pansexual doesn't really roll off the tongue, LOL.

Saying that to about somebody, who escaped an abusive relationship... 🤮 🤮 🤮
Nutty may be working class. SJ & Phyllis are devoid of class!
At least Nutti works!

Reactions: 17
What SJ (& MPK) started within the chateau community, will not be stopped until viewers stop responding. They are all using the Ytube platform to beg viewers for money (patreon, buy me a coffee, go fund me etc). Ytube (& social media) would not have been as successful if everyone used it to beg for money. It doesn't matter how small the minimum amount is because someone with 3,000 followers can easily get £3,000 if all the followers donated £1 per month. The normal thing is if you can't afford it, save, don't buy it, downgrade or sell it. Ed (Lagorce) needed 950 euros to fix his digger & got the complete donation within 6 hours of uploading his video, Sadie begs for money to take care of a horse she can't afford (& I think she now has a pony too). If she can't afford to take care of a horse, how can she afford a pony? Tatiana travelled from UK to France to ask people to fund her dream (a chateau), Marie got viewers to get her a car, SJ, MPK, Fleuries etc. It will never stop until viewers & fans stop giving these people money & stop responding to online begging from greedy people.

BBC should never have published that article about SJ & the Fleuries because it sends the wrong message. Ytube did not renovate their chateau's patreon (& begging) did (bbc.co.uk/news/business-59950666). These people are using their homes, kids & animals to beg for money & it will not stop if only 1 or 2 of them are criticised for it. YouTube pays video creators (generously) for their video's & viewers give their time & support to help them earn money through ADs & sponsors. Viewers also pay to watch Ytube because it needs internet connection & videos use a lot of data. Youtube has also helped a lot of people earn money without begging & some people leave their jobs because they earn more through Ytube. I know people who have created businesses, bought & renovated their homes through YouTube (ADS, Merch etc) without begging not the way SJ & the Fleuries have done it. If people stopped responding, they would all stop begging.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
This is what Stephanie Jarvis and Lalande's, "spawning their magic" looks like??? (Julia Leach's quote from her Lalande terrace speech, 6/22/21.)

It does not seem to be going well for Julia Leach and family. They have gone radio silent on YT and IG until they had a mention in the 1/22, BBC Stephanie Jarvis, article. Julia came out of hiding and had a IG post 2hrs ago. The middle of the night in California. It's a visa issue. Maybe, they should distance themselves from SJ and Co.???

theladyofthechateau
2 HOURS AGO
Just waiting on visas, then we can return to our new love!
#puyvidal #chateaudupuyvidal #theladyofthechateau #charante #chateau #frenchvillage #frenchlifestyle #frenchcountrystyle #pocket_allnature #escapetothechateau #escapetothediy #france #travelgram #patrimoine #europeantown #fairytailcore #europeanstyle #eurotrip #dreamingofachateau #ladyofthechateau #frenchsalon

No #chateaudelalande, #lalande #chateaudiaries, #stephaniejarvis.

👇 From https://www.bbc.com/news/business-59950666

1642415136566.png

Julia Leach (right) wanted to swap New York for a quieter life in France

One person who bought a French chateau from Mr Chassin over the past year is American, Julia Leach.
The 30-year-old was inspired to purchase one after becoming an avid viewer of Ms Jarvis' The Chateau Diaries while she lived in New York.
"The contrast was stark between the hustle and work culture I was immersed in, and the slower pace of life of Stephanie's videos pulled at my heart," says Ms Leach, who shared Jarvis' videos with her family in California.
So in April 2021, Ms Leach, her partner, sister and their parents pooled their financial resources to buy the 12-bedroom, 13th-Century Chateau du Puy Vidal in Charente, southwest France, for €2.2m (£1.8m).

Ms Leach, who previously worked in film and television production, plans to turn the castle into a studio facility for filmmakers. And she naturally has also set up a YouTube channel - Lady of the Chateau Productions - which already has 13,000 subscribers.

So, until then I can only imagine how much the carrying cost must be???
Mom and Dad look less than pleased, dinning on packaged ham during their November visit to the chateau. Love the wonky candles.

259351843_116471347514106_872020982923578667_n.jpg

NOVEMBER 22, 2021

Back in California...
265027894_217000597147335_7804968369922911846_n.jpg

DECEMBER 9, 2021
marucaleach
Today she turned 27 and her papa still is tying her shoes laces

The California house is not on the market. Perhaps, Mom and Dad Leach have decided not to make the move???
At least, learn to speak French before embarking on a new life in France. Evidence,👇 IG comment... and Julia's vlog about how difficult it was to set up utilities in broken French.
lestermachadoart
Congratulations. Time to find a French teacher

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 28
Stephanme isn't going to like all the love Dan is receiving - at her expense! Some great comments. So refreshing to see that Dan doesn't delete comments, unlike another vloger we know. TickTock06 was on a roll!:ROFLMAO:

Rosetta Maranos
8 hours ago
While the fancy wallpaper can be fun, I personally love the reminders of the ancient and the “workspaces” nature of the Chateau…the fashionable Ladies and Gentlemen can have their high teas and whatnots, I’m more interested in the craftspeople and householders who kept the joint running!
TickTock06
7 hours ago
The wallpaper that costs hundreds and sometimes thousands of pounds and it is put up by an amateur that cannot measure and has gaps so bad they all have to be decoupaged or crayoned in. Appalling
mark sayers
7 hours ago
I think the whole of France would breathe a sigh of relief !

seethevolcane
6 hours ago
Philip will be pissed that he wasnt around to work on the bricks. Dan, you should do "Table Settings" and let Philly handle the brick wall. (That shitoo is a mess, but it's more important to buy dishes and frocks at the local brocante, non?) Please: NO WALLPAPER. --If you catch my drift--.
TickTock06
5 hours ago
Don’t worry. No doubt there are sticker books for safari animals to amuse him atm

TickTock06
7 hours ago
Dan you have done a brilliant job. It looks so much better than that hideous wallpaper and also it will not date. Well done you. I say get a chateau with Natty and amoury and leave this dump behind

Troy M
8 hours ago (edited)
Does Stephanie know your doing this….see ya tamorrah
TickTock06
7 hours ago
Who cares, the job needed doing and it looks better than it did and it has not cost patrons a fortune in wasted time and wallpaper

Vino
6 hours ago
I thot SJ and PJ wanted to do the pantry walls...non? It's perfect work for high heels. LOLLY.
TickTock06
5 hours ago
And short dresses 🤭😂😂

anita okey

9 hours ago
It's going to look fab hope Stephanie likes it and dosent cover over all ur hard work x

TickTock06
7 hours ago
No she’s planning her Venice house now
I think TickTock06 is a Tattler, or they will be soon…🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 21
I disagree. He's been working so hard sometimes he forgets his belt and his britches start to fall down.
I can never understand someone being knocked down for working and providing for his family.
Who on here has hard working husbands/partners or are single and work more than one job to keep a roof over their heads and their family fed and clothed. I could work a 12/14 hour plus day when my children were younger still can if I want to. I would also work away and still do if the contract requires it. I missed some things but that is the way of the world. We are more comfortable now and that's because the graft was put in. I made sure I had quality time with my children.
I think we can all see things and make educated guesses but that's my opinion. I would like to see him have a holiday with his family and I hope that's on the cards. It would do them all some good no vlog, no Chateau and some good old fashioned fun.
Definately you can't knock him for his working hard, he's certainly a grafter not a grifter. I know the chateau is his place of work and he certainly works for his wage. I would just like to see them together, as a family on a day trip out somewhere away from La Lande, or as you say better still a long overdue holiday.

This is what Stephanie Jarvis and Lalande's, "spawning their magic" looks like??? (Julia Leach's quote from her Lalande terrace speech, 6/22/21.)

It does not seem to be going well for Julia Leach and family. They have gone radio silent on YT and IG until they had a mention in the 1/22, BBC Stephanie Jarvis, article. Julia came out of hiding and had a IG post 2hrs ago. The middle of the night in California. It's a visa issue. Maybe, they should distance themselves from SJ and Co.???

theladyofthechateau
2 HOURS AGO
Just waiting on visas, then we can return to our new love!
#puyvidal #chateaudupuyvidal #theladyofthechateau #charante #chateau #frenchvillage #frenchlifestyle #frenchcountrystyle #pocket_allnature #escapetothechateau #escapetothediy #france #travelgram #patrimoine #europeantown #fairytailcore #europeanstyle #eurotrip #dreamingofachateau #ladyofthechateau #frenchsalon

No #chateaudelalande, #lalande #chateaudiaries, #stephaniejarvis.

👇 From https://www.bbc.com/news/business-59950666

View attachment 994601
Julia Leach (right) wanted to swap New York for a quieter life in France

One person who bought a French chateau from Mr Chassin over the past year is American, Julia Leach.
The 30-year-old was inspired to purchase one after becoming an avid viewer of Ms Jarvis' The Chateau Diaries while she lived in New York.
"The contrast was stark between the hustle and work culture I was immersed in, and the slower pace of life of Stephanie's videos pulled at my heart," says Ms Leach, who shared Jarvis' videos with her family in California.
So in April 2021, Ms Leach, her partner, sister and their parents pooled their financial resources to buy the 12-bedroom, 13th-Century Chateau du Puy Vidal in Charente, southwest France, for €2.2m (£1.8m).

Ms Leach, who previously worked in film and television production, plans to turn the castle into a studio facility for filmmakers. And she naturally has also set up a YouTube channel - Lady of the Chateau Productions - which already has 13,000 subscribers.

So, until then I can only imagine how much the carrying cost must be???
Mom and Dad look less than pleased, dinning on packaged ham during their November visit to the chateau. Love the wonky candles.

View attachment 994613
NOVEMBER 22, 2021

Back in California...
View attachment 994614
DECEMBER 9, 2021
marucaleach
Today she turned 27 and her papa still is tying her shoes laces

The California house is not on the market. Perhaps, Mom and Dad Leach have decided not to make the move???
At least, learn to speak French before embarking on a new life in France. Evidence,👇 IG comment... and Julia's vlog about how difficult it was to set up utilities in broken French.
lestermachadoart
Congratulations. Time to find a French teacher

Funny I was only just thinking about this bunch of clowns. Hope they've had a caretaker in their absence otherwise it won't be looking so pretty anymore once everything starts getting overgrown. Fools and their money.

Last edited:
Reactions: 19
Caroline Gooder got shut down quite quickly and shut up! :)
rosalie jackson
22 minutes ago
@caroline gooder Dan is working, Stephanie is in bed and is chasing him down because he's out there getting things done and she wants to catch in on camera, but she stays in bed late when everyone else is up working!! Dan is a guys who likes to get things done. It must be freeing to have Stephanie gone so he can actually get things done!
Verrrrrry good!

Reactions: 15
I can't help but feeling sorry for Nutty. That poor girl still believes the love bombing of her narc is actually about her, still thinks that her time in the entourage can be labelled as "fun". If only she would know how the Snorting Squirrel CamelToe and his Charlataine talk about her in private. My eyes and ears report quotes like " she will never transcend working class habits" and "such a shame she's so unstable emotionally".
Wooooow. This coming from SJ & Snorts. This is a new low especially since SJ and Snorts both show how low classed they are themself.

As for making comments on the mental/emotional health of a colleague/friend/cohabitant... just wow.

When I first heard about that quote, I was kind of stunned by the old fashioned ness of it all, but I really think she meant working to be the working class habit that she despises, to work for money that is, despicable and pathetic. From what I know the snorting Squirrel Cameltoe is from very common descent, but I'm sure he would like to fill us all in on his ancestors' art treasures and how they defined his class and eloquence.
Snorts literally showed his great grandfathers mining tournamenet cup a few weeks ago he IS low working class people, grifter and has no money on his name which he worked hard for.

Edit:i'm truely shocked!!!

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
I’ve watched the Leach family and the comments are fab. They left a caretaker to look after the chateau whilst they return to usa to get their visas (what happens if the visas application is rejected?) Anywhoo…the vlog included a comment that the garden needed no attention in the winter. Remember the garden is on some French list of special gardens. Viewers were commenting (helpfully) that no work will need to be done. I predict they will sell up within 2 years. Absolutely no French language, no indication of understanding French culture or history. Much of the furniture and many paintings were left/included in sale. They have no idea. Curiosity man needs to help them.
Does owning property fast track visa applications?

• Haha
Reactions: 24
What SJ (& MPK) started within the chateau community, will not be stopped until viewers stop responding. They are all using the Ytube platform to beg viewers for money (patreon, buy me a coffee, go fund me etc). Ytube (& social media) would not have been as successful if everyone used it to beg for money. It doesn't matter how small the minimum amount is because someone with 3,000 followers can easily get £3,000 if all the followers donated £1 per month. The normal thing is if you can't afford it, save, don't buy it, downgrade or sell it. Ed (Lagorce) needed 950 euros to fix his digger & got the complete donation within 6 hours of uploading his video, Sadie begs for money to take care of a horse she can't afford (& I think she now has a pony too). If she can't afford to take care of a horse, how can she afford a pony? Tatiana travelled from UK to France to ask people to fund her dream (a chateau), Marie got viewers to get her a car, SJ, MPK, Fleuries etc. It will never stop until viewers & fans stop giving these people money & stop responding to online begging from greedy people.

BBC should never have published that article about SJ & the Fleuries because it sends the wrong message. Ytube did not renovate their chateau's patreon (& begging) did (bbc.co.uk/news/business-59950666). These people are using their homes, kids & animals to beg for money & it will not stop if only 1 or 2 of them are criticised for it. YouTube pays video creators (generously) for their video's & viewers give their time & support to help them earn money through ADs & sponsors. Viewers also pay to watch Ytube because it needs internet connection & videos use a lot of data. Youtube has also helped a lot of people earn money without begging & some people leave their jobs because they earn more through Ytube. I know people who have created businesses, bought & renovated their homes through YouTube (ADS, Merch etc) without begging not the way SJ & the Fleuries have done it. If people stopped responding, they would all stop begging.
It seems that online videos ,(YouTube etc) are one of the biggest causes for global warming - just like methane emissions and fossils energy. Because of the big datas centers where they are stored and treated.

Obviously none of these YouTubers care as long as they bank accounts are full.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 13
It seems that online videos ,(YouTube etc) are one of the biggest causes for global warming - just like methane emissions and fossils energy. Because of the big datas centers where they are stored and treated.

Obviously none of these YouTubers care as long as they bank accounts are full.
Data centres has improved a lot in terms of electricity usage after the introduction of SSD's and water based cooling systems. Also they are able to store 10x more data then 10 years ago taking up the same space.

Reactions: 11
Bit rich for SJ to witch about Natti being working-class when she fawns over Michael and the Trotters!
SJ also probably made that “working class” comment to Michael in private about someone, and Michael took it heart! He definitely avoids work…it’s so”lower class” isn’t it, Teabag? Need to wear Ralph Lauren, Louis Vuitton, Gucci, and shiny white sneaks to make sure everyone knows you don’t lift a finger. Much better to hold out your hand and beg for it like your hero SJ, instead. When Teabeg borrowed €500 from SJ last year, I’ll bet tongues were wagging at LaLaLande. What’s even worse or lower than working class in SJ’s mind? A “friend” who has to beg her for money!

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Data centres has improved a lot in terms of electricity usage after the introduction of SSD's and water based cooling systems. Also they are able to store 10x more data then 10 years ago taking up the same space.
I understand this but it seems that they produce an awful lot of heat which contribute to the greenhouse effect (?) due to their number.
There are now 8 million of data centers mainly in the Western world. The multiplication of these data centers is the new big challenge for the future.

• Wow
Reactions: 9
In today's Bordeaux Life vlog, Edd mentioned that several people have been asking him and Anna to start a "Buy me a Coffee" (I haven't seen anyone commenting as such - unless they're Patreon comments.) I was a little bummed out as I have alwys liked them and never felt they were beggars. I feel it's a bit tacky to have Patreons and also ask folks to buy them coffee. They stand to inherit La Gorce and are working on a nice home in Bordeaux which I'm sure will generate a large chunk of Euros if they decide to sell; they sure as hell don't need anyone buying them coffee. :-(
Ed wants to get his own coffee bought and have a bit less car, I am not certain but if that is a Tesla (€$€$++) he swans around in he wants to trade it in to drive a cheaper and/or older car. He does work very hard and Anna is a whizz with her florals.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.