The Chateau Diaries #106 Even as a grifter she is quite stupid

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Well, the patron video may indicate ONE of Nic's grievances with old Steph. Despite her knowing, weeks, perhaps months in advance when substanial part owner, friend and chateau enabler would be arriving, his apartment is left to the very last minute to remove ALL of the chateau junk that had been dumped there.

In fact, the mirror was not moved until after everyone arrived and we can see all the dirt left on the floor and probably elsewhere. Could she not have had this done, a week prior with Marie Poppins (who is quaking in fear that some fools will soon be sending another 12 piece cutlery set to add to her polishing chores ) giving the whole apartment a thorough clean. What a welcome!

To pack up, drive and arrive with partner, son, your 2 pets and find a ruddy great mirror blocking your view which required, the next day, all the furniture moved to get it out. Indicates Fanny's affection for the Larkin brood - i think that is rather shabby treatment. She KNEW when they were arriving !! grrrrr.

• Haha
Reactions: 58
FRK's latest venture, the one-to-one workshops, has left me havering between incredulous laughter and simmering rage at her presumption. It took me only a moment to find courses run by established businesses, just to see what they offer and the cost. Two examples below, selected at random.

Leafy & Couture, Yorkshire

"Introduction to Floristry", 5 day intensive course: £1,300 (inc lunch)

Judith Blacklock Flower School, London

"Floristry & Events Styling", 10 day course: £2,995

"Flower Arranging", intensive 5 day course, £999

And then we have the Nordic drifter and grifter

by Marie Wiik, in a cupboard in Haworth

Choose your preferred topic - "the basics", "wedding floristry",
"Foraging", "large scale installations", "experimental design using fresh and dried flowers"

3 day course, £1,300; 5 day course, £2,100.

Does Marie really think that she - with a one year floristry course under her belt, one wedding in her portfolio, a limited range of floral style ("I do what I want"), hand-tied bunches shoved in jam jars, a few swags and garlands, some wreath sales, weekly bouquets to order (but potential customers have no choice), foliage Foraging in the undergrowth, random workshops of questionable benefit to the attendees - is sufficiently qualified, talented.and proficient to charge £260 per day (3 day course) or £420 per day (5 day course) for her undivided attention and tuition?

But wait. Qualified, talented and proficient are words that her self-belief/delusion make obsolete. Not quite 30.000 followers on IG. Nearly 27,500 Y/T subscribers. "As seen on Chateau DIY." 129 Patreon supporters. Her supporters tell her she is gifted and a marvel. In short, Marie is A Success Story.

Yeah, right.

There will be more tears. She will chip away at the immense goodwill, generosity, kindness and friendship shown to her by Nikki and Jill. She could build a little business, supplementing her income with some part-time work, but instead seems to think the world owes her a living without her doing the graft herself. Her attitude, the waterworks and the manipulation are deeply unpleasant. The toxicity in which she lived at the uninhabitable farmhouse was exacerbated by Marie's own belligerence, surliness and avarice.

Yes, I'm being hard on her. I could be harder still. I find her attitude beyond exasperating when she could make her new start at Haworth a golden opportunity to establish a secure, happy and fulfilled life. Living within her means, not existing in her dreams.
But you are forgetting, she will also teach you how to be a goddess in the lunch break!

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Yes…it was a long time ago, but I seem to remember he asked people to send letters and he would place them in the capsule, unopened and unread. I thought it was a terrible idea…100 years from now, someone opens the letters and reads about how MPK is a greedy, lazy grifter! I doubt his Patreons got their promised cards…or, some did and some didn’t…it was probably “hit and miss” (which perfectly describes MPK!).
My friend received hers, about a week after she unsubscribed.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I’m sure that Kathy didn’t know what hit her when she posted her La La Lande video. I think her latest (and possibly final) comment on the subject was well done. In her first La La Lande commentary, she was just expressing her own personal experience and opinion…nothing sinister…no ulterior motives. Then she was attacked by these crazy die-hard fans. And to think Tattle is called a “hate site.” Kathy comes across as very calm and rational…someone who was caught up in the hype (like many of us) and eventually came to her senses.

I love how she’s holding a hedgehog in the thumbnail! 😆❤

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 49
Water is not free in France. Quite expensive. Imagine their water bill after one month !
Plus the problems for the general water supply in the area if everyone did this (which nobody does).
The only solution is to insulate all the pipes to protect them from the frost.
Everyone does this in France.
Thanks for the information. We don't pay for water here in Ireland unless you have a private well and associated costs.
The government tried bringing in charges and water meters acres years ago but it was not a success and cost more than it raised. People who paid ended up being refunded but people who got a payment in lieu of having their own wells got to keep it.

• Wow
Reactions: 10
The standard dropped considerably on Tattle over tha last few days (weeks?).

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Didn't Amaury and Dan go and buy a whole load of radiators to fit? Weren't the measurements taken ages ago?
I don't understand their thinking (or lack of thinking)
On another note:

Thanks @Jeeves for previous posts on Dr.Who trivia. How exciting to live in the midst of it all.

@Juniperod, personally don't want to see her downfall and enjoy the fact that patrons keep on giving. How else can they see that their ineptitude and ways help us keep faith in what not to do.
We all need lessons in life.
In the UK, we know not to vote for a piss poor party in Government. We know that real people (key workers) do more to keep the economy going than a nobody in the middle of France. Yes, we all need something to measure standards by. She has her place and people will learn. Some have a harder lesson than others.It is amusing that they gush over her and try and control her narrative. No one is going to change her modus operandi. Given the amount of Tattlers who are on here though and more joining every day! It seems that Social Media is providing lessons in what not to do. It is a sad reality she and her ilk will face when they look in the mirror and realise there are only so many stuffed squirrels and porcelain that can provide comfort.
So no, I don't wish for her downfall, I won't wait for it. I will observe and watch how others wake up to the false promises that someone like her will never deliver. We are not a cancel culture site.They have created their own world and own familial connections like any group does.
I enjoy the comparisons that others use the same opportunities to actually do the work needed and it does show her up for what she is.
Who knows in the long run what will happen. These threads have been running for a while and it's the same old story with her.
Just thinking the same thing this morning.
I received a book on Meditations of Stoicism from my oldest son for Christmas. It is very "cerebral" for me but good! I am at the early section saying the only thing we can control for the most part is our mind....controlling our own mind.
Can't control others...parents, children, coworkers....
And I thought....for sure....no matter how much we point out and prove SJ's narcissism and greediness ....she is going to do whatever she chooses.
She will continue to screw Snorts....and spend others' money. And rip people off. Because she can and chooses to.
Yep, she is a yuck.... And supporting and screwing a super yuck.
Her choice.
We are not going to control what she does nor those that are brainwashed by her.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
The standard dropped considerably on Tattle over tha last few days (weeks?).
No, we’ve always been a bunch of miserable low lifes, jealous of SJ’s success. We don’t know how to live, love, or laugh. 😆

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
I’m sure that Kathy didn’t know what hit her when she posted her La La Lande video. I think her latest (and possibly final) comment on the subject was well done. In her first La La Lande commentary, she was just expressing her own personal experience and opinion…nothing sinister…no ulterior motives. Then she was attacked by these crazy die-hard fans. And to think Tattle is called a “hate site.” Kathy comes across as very calm and rational…someone who was caught up in the hype (like many of us) and eventually came to her senses.

Kathy's a dream - love her. That hedgehog too - she's a tit stirrer and she knows it. I hope she gets herself something nice from the paycheque next month.

When in France.........
6 hours ago
Life isn't fair Carole, sorry to burst your bubble! If that woman (who shall remain nameless) chooses to open the gifts off camera, those gifts would soon dry up. By opening them in front of a massive audience it drives more to send gifts. Monkey see, monkey do. Sour grapes my arse. I don't have "a patronage" and have no interest in receiving gifts from people who don't know me from Adam (or Eve). Hey, even my family cannot find a gift for me for birthdays and Xmas as I have no wants (not even an effing "cute hedgehog").

When in France.........
6 hours ago
OMG I almost choked on my Falafel reading this. 😜😂

When in France.........
6 hours ago
Not brave, just real.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
I wonder how much do they pay Caro ? 😂

Nico
18 hours ago
Does anyone know what is going on with the heating?? Has Stephanie addressed it in a Patreon video or even a regular video that I have managed to miss. Is there a reason that they are waiting to get it fixed, seems ridiculous!!

Hide reply

caroline gooder
14 hours ago (edited)
They have discussed this issue continuously on the Vlogs. The chateau is in the middle of a rural area in the middle of a pandemic. They need a Geothermal expert, a good new overal design for all the wings, new radiators (more per room) and they are adding more insulation as they renovate. They insulated the attics, Natti's and Gerry's appartments, under Isabelle's appartment and now are working on the Grand Salon. Also the rendering of the outer skin will begin this year. Rome was not built in a day. A five year plan is ambitious enough.
Show less

My response:

GDBgB8vxdtIiakcwPQXiAfU3=s48-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj.jpg

Arwen Gail
1 second ago
@caroline gooder Caroline do you work for the Jarvis family or are you a full time stan? The asinine amount of money that people throw at SJ is more than enough to get proper heating in that crumbling dump she calls a chateau. Talk about cringe.
emoji_u1f911.png
emoji_u1f911.png
emoji_u1f911.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
Kathy's a dream - love her. That hedgehog too - she's a tit stirrer and she knows it. I hope she gets herself something nice from the paycheque next month.

When in France.........
6 hours ago
Life isn't fair Carole, sorry to burst your bubble! If that woman (who shall remain nameless) chooses to open the gifts off camera, those gifts would soon dry up. By opening them in front of a massive audience it drives more to send gifts. Monkey see, monkey do. Sour grapes my arse. I don't have "a patronage" and have no interest in receiving gifts from people who don't know me from Adam (or Eve). Hey, even my family cannot find a gift for me for birthdays and Xmas as I have no wants (not even an effing "cute hedgehog").

When in France.........
6 hours ago
OMG I almost choked on my Falafel reading this. 😜😂

When in France.........
6 hours ago
Not brave, just real.
Not all heroes wear capes.

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Yes…it was a long time ago, but I seem to remember he asked people to send letters and he would place them in the capsule, unopened and unread. I thought it was a terrible idea…100 years from now, someone opens the letters and reads about how MPK is a greedy, lazy grifter! I doubt his Patreons got their promised cards…or, some did and some didn’t…it was probably “hit and miss” (which perfectly describes MPK!).
If Fanny asked for unopened letters I might become a paetron. How much paper would it take to print out tattle?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
I received a book on Meditations of Stoicism from my oldest son for Christmas. It is very "cerebral" for me but good! I am at the early section saying the only thing we can control for the most part is our mind....controlling our own mind.
And I thought....for sure....no matter how much we point out and prove SJ's narcissism and greediness ....she is going to do whatever she chooses.
She will continue to screw Snorts....and spend others' money. And rip people off. Because she can and chooses to.
Her choice.
We are not going to control what she does nor those that are brainwashed by her.
No, we aren’t but most of us got here by being disturbed by something Spenderella did that seemed incongruous with the rest of her narrative. We can offer support and the truth. Real change is up to each individual.

Tattle has really lifted my spirits during a stressful time so thank you all.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Are they quarantining in London because she was sick? Is it part of a requirement for the travel they are doing, or are they just trying to be overly cautious? She doesn't look well .... not rested, that's for sure.
My thoughts too. A week ago it was only a requirement to isolate till the results of a day 2 PCR test received. Maybe she got a positive result. I've just come back home from 2 days in Suffolk and can report that there was no sighting of Gerry or her and Phillip :) I'm feeling a bit sad as I waved my daughter off this morning on the ferry to The Netherlands for her to drive to Germany for a 7 month tour. Sod's law that its been announced that France will re-open its borders to us tomorrow and she could have gone on the Eurotunnel which takes 35 minutes compared to the 7 and a quarter hours on the ferry.

Are they quarantining in London because she was sick? Is it part of a requirement for the travel they are doing, or are they just trying to be overly cautious? She doesn't look well .... not rested, that's for sure.
She has no filters on probably, so she looks like her normal self.

Last edited:
Reactions: 23
Caroline Gooder blaming the lack of progress with the heating system on the unavailability of geothermal heating experts in the area. Funny they were able to get it installed in the first place. Any work that happened the had to have been propelled by Derek Jarvis. I don’t believe France is a third world country. It’s more about not wanting to put the time and money into maintenance and when forced to repair has cut corners. I know we have chewed on this for awhile. Her remarks really got under my skin.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
Soooo. I rarely if ever post here but here goes nothing. Does anyone else just loathe Steve? I don't know exactly what it is about him but he annoys me tono end. For one thing, he doesn't fit in, he's just that kinda leechy latcher on type of person that I can't stand.
I have the same feelings about him. He gives me the heebie-jeebies and I also don't like the way he twisted everything for his move to France and the stay they had last Christmas (2020) when he shouldn't have been travelling.

Reactions: 12
The comments under the latest When in France's videos are so different than the usual ones on CD channel... No deleting, no superfans.

Reactions: 22

OMG!! I just love her!

Reactions: 20
Her choice.
This is exactly why there is no point in worrying about what is beyond our individual control. Cuts down on stress once you've fully come to that realization and put it into practice. Good on your son for gifting you that book. ☺

Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.