The Chateau Diaries #106 Even as a grifter she is quite stupid

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Stefanny can always travel to the UK because she is a citizen but how did Snorty sneak in? France has banned travel to the UK without a compelling reason which needs supporting documents. Snorty would/should have been banned from leaving France directly to the UK. Did he go via Netherlands? Something fishy going on there, too.

"A compelling reason must be given for travel to or from the UK, for both unvaccinated and vaccinated persons. These reasons will not authorise travel for tourism."
"The Government equally urges all travellers who had planned to go to the UK to postpone their trip."

Doesn't it allow travel for "co-habiting partners"? Maybe he has used the clause in the job exclusions list - Performing Arts Professionals or Film and high-end television production activities. :rolleyes: I wouldn't put it past them!

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Old advice was that if you kept taps running at a low level (obviously with the plug out) that this would reduce the risk of pipes freezing.

Reactions: 17
Boy oh boy, people really liked the idea of names behind the paneling, over two hundred viewers signed on to be patrons. She will be out buying more chandeliers and ugly misplaced trees.
Wonder if that includes a signed card also?

Interesting the tired-looking 50-year-old (lol BBC) casually mentioned she will not be back "home" until February. Hopefully, her mother can talk some sense into her while she is on such an extended visit.

Stop with the gift opening on Mondays. Once you stop airing the packages, people will stop sending.
Stop with Philip in the videos. Honestly, if she wanted to keep her love life private, she would have kept him private.

• Haha
Reactions: 44
This popped up on my YouTube feed…MPK, if an orangutan can drive, so can you!!!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Old advice was that if you kept taps running at a low level (obviously with the plug out) that this would reduce the risk of pipes freezing.
Water is not free in France. Quite expensive. Imagine their water bill after one month !
Plus the problems for the general water supply in the area if everyone did this (which nobody does).
The only solution is to insulate all the pipes to protect them from the frost.
Everyone does this in France.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
She does look ill and very stressed but that does seem to be her natural look when she's not caked in make-up; the mania and over-excited presentation is also a sign of stress. She used to be much calmer; she must realise that people are beginning to see through the veneer. How she can call those videos "patron updates", I can't imagine. It's all stuff that she keeps repeating time after time. There is never a real update. Both patrons and non-patrons, everyone, has seen the moving of the panelling before, plus everything else she mentions. There is absolutely zero, as usual, as to how she's spent their money and what has actually been achieved in the month that followed the previous video. Surely, each monthly update should be different from the previous one and show actual stages demonstrating what has been done in the last 4 weeks and proving that there is progress being made, however slowly.

BJ might as well not have been there at all when they were lifting the heavy mirror, etc. You could see that he was not bearing much, if any, of the weight. When he was handed a piece of panelling to carry on his own, he looked shocked and almost insulted that Amaury would expect such a delicate flower as himself to bear that load (a very narrow panel) on his own! He is no more useful than Antoine would have been. He looks vacant and child-like, actually Antoine has a far better personality at his age! Also, where was Nic, why wasn't he helping? I think Amaury gets really sick of hearing SJ laughing and wittering on all the time while the others are doing all the work, he doesn't find her behaviour amusing. She does that with Ian, Dan, and everyone else who is actually doing any work; it must drive them mad.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 40
We have a jointed doll for drawing with a base, MIL had one without. I had decorated them together in our studio, in a dancing pose. Then, after some time, I thought that the mannequins should have a different posture.
They now dance the fanny-flasher tango.
I have obviously been infected by the Lalaland virus.

IMG-20220113-WA0002.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Maybe the old lying bag of bones doesn't really want to visit Mummy and have her beloved child get interrogated.
I do suspect she caught Covid probably while visiting her in laws in the Netherlands.
Got sick in the UK, tested positive and now has to quaratine.
I think she would much rather stay in London in her apartment with heat for the next 4 weeks and just shop and eat and play with puzzles and play dough with gross Snorts than go see her mom.
She is detestable. She gets away with everything. Lies, lies, lies.
And I am not detecting any annoyance or irritation with her lap dog (sadly.)

Maybe the young child will test negative, the old bag won't, she will send him ahead without her to Africa to deal with IJ on his own, she will stay in London.....and forget all about the man child......who??? Phyllis??? Snorts???
I'm sorry??? Who????

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 28
Boy oh boy, people really liked the idea of names behind the paneling, over two hundred viewers signed on to be patrons. She will be out buying more chandeliers and ugly misplaced trees.
Doesn't that just prove how vacuous they all are?

Reactions: 19
Regarding travel - might they be using the business exemption "creating content" which allows travel in restricted areas?

Reactions: 9
Maybe Fanny & Snorts haven't gone to SA yet because Mummy & Percy fled to the mountains when they heard that they were coming ?

• Haha
Reactions: 26
I have a question to you:

Each time I watch the Lalasalles and the boy Jonathan appears, I wonder about his parents fate. The boy is a spitting image of Terry. That's why I assumed at first that he is his son. But they say he is the uncle. It's very rare that children are raised by their grandparents unless there had been some tragic in the past. Do you know anything about it? I can't remember that they talked about it in any video. It might be painful. So that's okay to me. But maybe it had been mentioned somewhere else.

Reactions: 8
Do you know anything about it? I can't remember that they talked about it in any video. It might be painful.
Yes, it does make you wonder why he's living with them; they don't appear to have mentioned it. He's a lovely little boy and the grandparents and Terry and his partner seem to look after him very well. They seem to be an admirable family.

Reactions: 9
She probably has reached the critical mass of patreons, which leads them to self-assure each other that they are a fabulous and generous group of people. They are in their echo chamber, and immune to criticism (which they can't see anyway, thanks to the one thing SJ & Co can do well: delete). I expect the numbers will increase, especially if the panelling is finished... but how long can she exploit that achievement?
SJ will also be celebrating the enormous achievement of fixing both doors (kitchen & Marquis' apartment) -- thanks Dan!!! hahahaha

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Patrons video :

OMG... the vibe when they moved the big mirror... : Amaury not amused at all, Dan always looking at his best friend in a very telling way, Michael P. trying to lift the general mood and PhiPhi doing his best...

It was time for Amaury to leave Lalande for a long break IMO - or there would have been a Murder at the Chateau !

PS: Could someone explain why the Chatelaine was in her undergarments at the end of the video ?? :unsure:

Reactions: 25
FRK's latest venture, the one-to-one workshops, has left me havering between incredulous laughter and simmering rage at her presumption. It took me only a moment to find courses run by established businesses, just to see what they offer and the cost. Two examples below, selected at random.

Leafy & Couture, Yorkshire

"Introduction to Floristry", 5 day intensive course: £1,300 (inc lunch)

Judith Blacklock Flower School, London

"Floristry & Events Styling", 10 day course: £2,995

"Flower Arranging", intensive 5 day course, £999

And then we have the Nordic drifter and grifter

by Marie Wiik, in a cupboard in Haworth

Choose your preferred topic - "the basics", "wedding floristry",
"Foraging", "large scale installations", "experimental design using fresh and dried flowers"

3 day course, £1,300; 5 day course, £2,100.

Does Marie really think that she - with a one year floristry course under her belt, one wedding in her portfolio, a limited range of floral style ("I do what I want"), hand-tied bunches shoved in jam jars, a few swags and garlands, some wreath sales, weekly bouquets to order (but potential customers have no choice), foliage Foraging in the undergrowth, random workshops of questionable benefit to the attendees - is sufficiently qualified, talented.and proficient to charge £260 per day (3 day course) or £420 per day (5 day course) for her undivided attention and tuition?

But wait. Qualified, talented and proficient are words that her self-belief/delusion make obsolete. Not quite 30.000 followers on IG. Nearly 27,500 Y/T subscribers. "As seen on Chateau DIY." 129 Patreon supporters. Her supporters tell her she is gifted and a marvel. In short, Marie is A Success Story.

Yeah, right.

There will be more tears. She will chip away at the immense goodwill, generosity, kindness and friendship shown to her by Nikki and Jill. She could build a little business, supplementing her income with some part-time work, but instead seems to think the world owes her a living without her doing the graft herself. Her attitude, the waterworks and the manipulation are deeply unpleasant. The toxicity in which she lived at the uninhabitable farmhouse was exacerbated by Marie's own belligerence, surliness and avarice.

Yes, I'm being hard on her. I could be harder still. I find her attitude beyond exasperating when she could make her new start at Haworth a golden opportunity to establish a secure, happy and fulfilled life. Living within her means, not existing in her dreams.
I don't think you are being hard on her. That's an honest and excellent summary of Marie the entitled Grifter.

Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.