The Chateau Diaries #104 it was all claws on deck!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
With all this 'WE' talk, he's tried to lord it over others (Dan, Ian, Matt) and they've just ignored him as the little boy he is, but they aren't key people in Stephanmeme's universe and are just contracted builders.
is it just me wondering about the notable absence of the two Ians and Matt or is there some explanation?

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Marie wants to move studios. Finally she realises this humide cave is depressing.
I still don't understand what she wants to do. She says this past month was not easy as she had to do jobs for a living... I was surprised to read that, thinking "wait what?? When did she have time to work a day job since she was already living her dream selling wreaths??? But then, Marie goes on specifying what odd jobs she had to do for a living but was not part of the plan, and is not really what she wants to do: making wreaths and youtube.

So exactly, what the duck is it that she wants to do???? Seems more and more like she wants to connect with her to the point of becoming a patreon, only by looking at her insta pictures! I'm sorry Marie that you feel forced to put together youtube content in order for people like they know you enough to send you money.... Really, she should be over the moon to have the chance to make wreaths and sell 'em... I'm confused as to why she'd see that as her day job, and not her passion job?
Plus, she already has someone to edit her vlogs…which is the majority of the work (I’m a vlogger, and I know this, first-hand). She merely has to gather footage, post, etc. and I’ve seen her shooting…it’s not that hot, but is much improved by the skills of her editor. I particularly object to her “inspiring” people…give me an effing break!

When I was 30 I was divorcing after being with my first husband for 10 years. I had a BS degree in Business Administration and was making about $70K a year managing projects with an annual budget of $15 million. (I don’t know why on earth I rose so fast but I’d been in that job for 5 years-started just after finishing college). I didn’t have kids. I was too busy working. I hated my job but I did it because no one was going to just hand me the money I needed to live. I worked all through college in a bank as a teller and I was BROKE. I kept at it because my mother insisted I have a career that would pay the bills and I saw no other way to advance. I had an opportunity to start a business in my 40s, because my second husband knew I was miserable in my job, which by that time was very well compensated. I make about the same or a bit more with my business. I’m free to do whatever I want every day, but I work almost every single day because that is what it takes. There’s no magic bullet. You just have to do the work, and if you can’t afford something, you find another way. Stephanie got lucky, but she put in the work when opportunity presented itself. It’s just unfortunate she has chosen to lie and deceive people for handouts. She’s no role model Marie. Check in with her in a couple years and you’ll see what happened.
Now…that is an “inspiring” story

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Marie W clearly is exhausted by having had to do some actual work which was primarily making Christmas "reets" and painting her flat and studio which she managed to get either free of charge or very cheaply. She is clearly no longer happy in Haworth, which she had said she loved, or with her studio. She had lots of help and kindness from her two friends there. So, what has happened? Either the locals who put up with it for a while, got fed up with her camera being pointed at them and their shops all the time, or she realised she'd have to stop filming the high street ad infinitum, or maybe she's heard that she needs to register her business properly and pay rent, tax and insurance. I suspect the business she was running from that place was not legal and it all goes back to her never having had a business plan and never considering what she had to do to start a proper business legally. Maybe she will stay in Norway but I doubt if she will ever manage to stand on her own two feet and earn a living or run a business successfully and legally. If all she wants to do is Instagram, it's disgusting that she managed to beg for a free vehicle for no good reason. She now expects everything to be handed to her on a plate and free of charge!
I was so shocked when I read on her story the car was gifted after she had been showing how she "manifested" her car in her diary only a few months prior. When she went to the UK to get the car, I thought it was a lot of expenses, as she seemed to go to the UK just for that car, then came back to France, and then two months after that she was going back to the UK. I though it was ridiculous to blow you money like that and not arranged for buying a car when she'd be going back to England long term... Then she revealed the car was free... it made sense...

I don't know anyone really broke, who would have done that many unecessary travels back and forth to and from the UK, instead of saving up money and getting the car when going to the UK to settle indefinitely. She doesn't seem to have a real plan. Her plan is to go where her followers and contacts can support her.

Also, the fact that her friends in Haworth bought her tickets to go to Norway is real sweet. They really want to see her succeed and were willing to pay for her to have a little mental break with her family. But the fact that the help did not come from her family themselves, to me really showed that they probably know if she wanted to have the budget for holidays she might have worked for it XD.

I think Marie can be a hard worker, but she's got a dream that she wants right now and in the meantime lives in negativity because the life she's living right now is not up to her standards, when really it's something amazing to be able to sell wreaths over christmas and have such a supporting community! I would feel so motivated! I know I was when I was freelancing and having supporting clients that reassured me that my work was good.

Why am I surprised though? When I think about it, her whole situation is weird from the beginning. Her plan is wonky wonky. If I was her I would hve probably worked at someone else's buisness in flowers, assisting a flower stylist or whatever, while working on my social media and youtube on the side. Which would secure me a salary to pay me rent and also some extra money that I could use to develop my own buisness. What is she on? What world does she live in????

Oh and also, another telling detail about Marie's arrogance : when she put up the lights in that corridor to the doomed cave she calls her studio (maybe free of rent also ????), without asking anyone permission. Then complained on her story that she'd been asked to take them down, lol. Who does she think she is. We're not talking about putting flowers on the wall, but lights! Electric lights! on someone's property...

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 44
No, he does not want that at all. I'm sure he's hoping things will calm down a bit eventually as he hates for his current family to be in the eye of the storm every time they visit, but he will not give up his share in the HMN. The argument was about Squirrel Camelpants and something he had did or did not. Not sure yet, but am on it and will report if new info surfaces.
Has Phyllis been pilfering from Marie’s underwear draw…again? Is it not enough to squeeze his slug into SJ’s under crackers now Phyllis wants Marie’s. I can see the anger from Nick’s part - downright invasive from our Squirrel cross dresser

• Haha
Reactions: 12
The lonely old ladies that watch CD and pay don't understand the economy of scale. Their pennies add up to considerable funds.

Back in 1929 when Scouting was celebrating 21 years since Baden Powell founded the association a jamboree for 50000 was held. Every scout attending contributed one penny and leaders one shilling or equivalent in their own currency. This was sufficient to buy BP a Rolls Royce car and a caravan.

• Wow
Reactions: 27
Blech! I just had a read of the comments in yesterday's CD vlog. Those people are really out to lunch! So many of them are in tears knowing their names will be on the back of the paneling. FFS! Don't they know she's just going to staple a printout of the names to the back of a panel and call it a day?
The patrons' reactions to what she said and the fact that even more patrons have now joined the top tiers just proves to us what sad, uninformed and superficial, shallow people they are, rating having their names behind some doors in a crumbling building of no real significance in the middle of nowhere and not open to the public. Their names on the panelling merely signify that they gave their money to assist a spoilt, disturbed, unethical hedonistic spendthrift to spend, spend, spend on mere trifles and party into her old age. How proud can they feel about that? Will they ever wake up to the fact that they could have done so more with that money? The chances are anyway that the panelling will have rotted away in just a few years anyway! Also, If she actually employs an engraver to put the names on, that in itself will cost thousands!

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Btw, I'm so sorry if I focus too much on Marie's vlogs when she's not even in chateau diaries anymore. If you want me to stop and go create another thread just for that I'd completely understand.

Reactions: 5
@Delizia I reckon Marie is fair game here, as she is still running off the back of Chateau DIY and Lalande, in her bio, posts, and vlogs.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Well Haworth is another place in the middle of nowhere! What did she expect! Can't live ur life poncing off others. Ohe yes sorry..She's watched someone else do that! But she's lacking talent, and personality!

How long before it's trashed?
I hope that wallpaper peels off the walls soon. You can see every seam and the entrance to the actual bathroom that with that gloomy paper, it is like leading you down a path to hell.....

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Clara, do you know anything about her opera career? I find it strange that there is nothing absolutely nothing (pre LaLande) to be found. No solo, opera performance or show. Usually there are some graduation performances to be found on YouTube if nothing else because proud parents or the school post them. She is not mentioned in any flyers, articles or prospects. She must have had some performances during opera school? Even my kids are in more shows on YouTube. Very strange, since she obviously lines to be center of attention and enjoys performing and being on stage all dressed up. Did she just finish this course and left for good? I imagine there was maybe some kind of breakdown...
Performances at Greenwich Naval College were during her time at music college.
Screenshot 2022-01-08 at 13.02.06.png

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
How foolish do people think Snorty-Cameltoe-Hedgehogs-Abounds is? Why would he voluntarily travel to the firing squad that is IJ? Or…did Fanny purposely pump up his enthusiasm for going to SA so IJ could do her dirty work for her ? (tear him apart, fling him away) Is he stupid…naive…cunningly planning how to flip the narrative? Does he think he stands a chance against two first-class grifters like the mother-daughter duo? Many soap operas had a less interesting story arc than this one…
He thinks and maybe rightfully so that the geriatric population is his "specialty". That he had his own grandparents wrapped around his little finger and so his plan is to be so, so very agreeable to IJ and demented Percy that they will fall for his tit just like SJ did.
I think IJ is hilarious especially when she is showing her true colors and calling SJ out on her immature idiocy!!!
I sure hope she stays sharp and critical when it comes to camel toe boy.
If IJ is SJ's secret weapon to rid us all of that obnoxious, bland piece of milk toast, I will be forever grateful!!!!
Stay strong and mean, IJ!!!! May our force be with you!!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
Time to wake up - if her family & friends care about SJ at all, they need to step up, talk some sense into her and toss Squirrelbaby to the kerb!
What I can't understand is, if as Clara's intel suggests, SJ is planning to oust SS soon, why she is taking him to SA. Couldn't she have used an excuse that IJ and PA wanted it to be a family trip with just her and Gerry? She could have said she needed him to stay and look after the chateau, although we know he couldn't be trusted to do that efficiently, but I am sure she could have come up with some reason for him not to go. It just seems odd that if you are with someone that you no longer love and find extremely irritating (which she surely must do), you would pay for that person to go on a long trip with you to visit your family. If Nic and Potty are anti SS, she will have to decide where her loyalty lies and surely she owes more loyalty to them than to him after all those years and how they bailed her out when she needed it, especially if she now has no feelings left for SS. Could it be that she is so annoyed by Nic and Potty advising her, that she will hold on to SS for longer, just to irritate them (and to irritate IJ, also)? I suppose it could be a final goodbye present before she ousts him, to thank him for his year long companionship.

Taking one for the Team Tattle. Report back to us if you go.
You could ask some pertinent questions about how ethical it is to beg on social media!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
1. Nothing happening with Chapel. There is a lot of chapels in France, he cannot be the only restorer. She did 3 windows, that took over two years.
I believe she said the restorer had been sick for a long time. Which led us to think he was doing it for free, if she was willing to wait for so long...

Reactions: 13
Will Potty and Ruth be out there too?
Oooh will we have to see SJ in her " swimming costume"???? I hate when she says that. My ear goes wonky when she calls it that. Here we say " swim suit".
Oh!!!!
And heaven help us if we see SNORTS Camel toe in a bathing suit!!!
However! It WOULD be SO horribly funny!!!
The stick like, 8 year old legs, undeveloped arms, white belly and emaciated chest with 6 sporadically placed hairs.
Hopefully all splotchy with red bug bites.
How manfully attractive. 😨😩

Only to a 6 year old playmate in the sandbox, SJ!

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 34
I was so shocked when I read on her story the car was gifted after she had been showing how she "manifested" her car in her diary only a few months prior. When she went to the UK to get the car, I thought it was a lot of expenses, as she seemed to go to the UK just for that car, then came back to France, and then two months after that she was going back to the UK. I though it was ridiculous to blow you money like that and not arranged for buying a car when she'd be going back to England long term... Then she revealed the car was free... it made sense...

I don't know anyone really broke, who would have done that many unecessary travels back and forth to and from the UK, instead of saving up money and getting the car when going to the UK to settle indefinitely. She doesn't seem to have a real plan. Her plan is to go where her followers and contacts can support her.

Also, the fact that her friends in Haworth bought her tickets to go to Norway is real sweet. They really want to see her succeed and were willing to pay for her to have a little mental break with her family. But the fact that the help did not come from her family themselves, to me really showed that they probably know if she wanted to have the budget for holidays she might have worked for it XD.

I think Marie can be a hard worker, but she's got a dream that she wants right now and in the meantime lives in negativity because the life she's living right now is not up to her standards, when really it's something amazing to be able to sell wreaths over christmas and have such a supporting community! I would feel so motivated! I know I was when I was freelancing and having supporting clients that reassured me that my work was good.

Why am I surprised though? When I think about it, her whole situation is weird from the beginning. Her plan is wonky wonky. If I was her I would hve probably worked at someone else's buisness in flowers, assisting a flower stylist or whatever, while working on my social media and youtube on the side. Which would secure me a salary to pay me rent and also some extra money that I could use to develop my own buisness. What is she on? What world does she live in????

Oh and also, another telling detail about Marie's arrogance : when she put up the lights in that corridor to the doomed cave she calls her studio (maybe free of rent also ????), without asking anyone permission. Then complained on her story that she'd been asked to take them down, lol. Who does she think she is. We're not talking about putting flowers on the wall, but lights! Electric lights! on someone's property...
"Her plan is wonky wonky" had me laughing out loud, I did not know about the lights but I am not surprised, she had only been there a week and thought she had carte blanche to take over Howarth main street with her wreets, her neighbours would be glad she went away, she is not doing her friends at "cobbled together clay" any favours or showing them in a good light, no wonder they paid for her to go home.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.