The Chateau Diaries #104 it was all claws on deck!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Maybe I am not seeing what others are seeing but I feel like the bulk of her patreon/youtube commenters/live chat/people that love her/ are younger. Many seem to be successful (or pretend to be). 🤷‍♀️ I don't feel like they are all elderly/lonely.
In the live chat, there are the usual suspects, and none of them are young, except baby PhiPhi!

In the comments section of YT I've read the likes of this:

Maria Houlihan

11 hours ago
... I love how you show so much gratitude not only to your patrons, the viewers on Youtube, your salaried staff and the wonderful volunteers. I am VERY invested in the Chateau Diaries. Its kept me going through a lone lockdown and during my several chronic illnesses. My dog, Betsy, and I have spent hours sitting watching

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 33
I hope people don't take DIY tips from watching Dan. He's even worse than Pa Trotter in the bodging stakes. Today, he's put in a plinth for the stove to sit on, but it's not wide enough to catch any hot ash or other messy bits that will inevitably fall onto it, so the floor will get damaged. He seems to be doing everything in a rush without thinking, like his roof works that have just let rain through into the studio.

I don't see how he can be a caretaker without virtually living at the chateau, particularly during winter months, as pipes could start leaking at any moment.
I second this advise. Besides extending the fireproof plinth, he should continue the corrugated metal all the way up to the ceiling on either side of the chimney pipe in order to be in compliance with French regs. They state for wood burners you need 3x the width of the chimney pipe distance from flammable materials. Most chimney fires start higher up in the chimney. It's terrifying when this happens. My parents used to have a wood burner years ago...one night I came home after being out at a club around 2 am to find firemen in the house putting out the chimney fire.

• Wow
Reactions: 29
💥💥 patron update

Puke my ring up or what ….

She’s lost the friking plot … she believes she’s royalty

If you will just read …..

As an extra thank you, the Dauphins and Dauphines of Lalande will have their names behind a set of the double doors in the grand salon, so that they will be able to see their name when they visit. For the rest of you, we will be photographing the name plates behind the panelling before they’re fixed into place, so you’ll all be able to download a photo of your names at Lalande.

The friggin Dauphines will be visiting to see their names …. Why is the 2320 euros they paid - part payment for air fare or B&B

The REST of the Muppet show can view a picture of their name …WTF

Seriously 😳 just get the link for the tax authorities in France…. They might be interested 😈
It won't last long anyway. No doubt they will have a fire when the rats or hedgehogs chew through the wiring. The vermin will have a field day.

In the live chat, there are the usual suspects, and none of them are young, except baby PhiPhi!

Maria Houlihan
11 hours ago
... I love how you show so much gratitude not only to your patrons, the viewers on Youtube, your salaried staff and the wonderful volunteers. I am VERY invested in the Chateau Diaries. Its kept me going through a lone lockdown and during my several chronic illnesses. My dog, Betsy, and I have spent hours sitting watching
The dog demographic! I forgot about the Trickywoo brigade.

I second this advise. Besides extending the fireproof plinth, he should continue the corrugated metal all the way up to the ceiling on either side of the chimney pipe in order to be in compliance with French regs. They state for wood burners you need 3x the width of the chimney pipe distance from flammable materials. Most chimney fires start higher up in the chimney. It's terrifying when this happens. My parents used to have a wood burner years ago...one night I came home after being out at a club around 2 am to find firemen in the house putting out the chimney fire.
On this I agree, at first I thought he was doing well repurposing the wood burner, but he seriously needs to sort out that.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
From yesterday's 1/6/22 CD's live chat...

Ben is hot for Teabag, Artist Andie W. is # instead of @, Frank is 👍

ben spence In love with mr Michael petherick
Andie W the #Ann P and #Angea Pal and
Frank Gyori Hit the like button, please

Philip Janssen Hi everyone!!
Philip Janssen I’m so excited that this video is up! It’s been such a pleasure to work on it and to look back at the last year

Jelena has questions...
Jelena Novakovic With the trees planted, does that mean Stephanie will no longer have a view of people driving in and out from her bedroom?
Philip Janssen @Jelena Novakovic Davy took the sight lines from the windows into account, so it shouldn’t be obstructing the views too much :)
Jelena Novakovic @Philip Janssen thanks for that, as did wonder as know Stephanie likes her tower lookout of the comings and goings - especially the bread van!

DeAnn PHello @Philip Janssen My LIVE buddy
DeAnn P @Philip Janssen Glad to get to be here today too. Excited to see the updates
Philip Janssen @DeAnn P Thank you ❤

The Chateau Diaries Hello lovely people!!!!

👇From inside the HMN kitchen table.
Still Tranquil Hi Stephanie @the Chateau Diaries love you lots! I'd like to take you out on a date Steph!
Still Tranquil Jenkins is my name
Ruth Omg Philip this is a movie… you have worked so incredibly hard putting this together .. if you could all be loved any more…
Annette Toohey Philip are you doing any cooking ? xxx
Philip Janssen @Annette Toohey It wasn’t filmed, but I cooked yesterday! No blue garlic
Hanna Young @Philip Janssen , you should be proud of your blue garlic, my cookbook says it is art to make garlic blue..
Philip Janssen @Hanna Young I’ll take it

🤪
Jason Dubey @the Chateau Diaries Hi Stephanie! Did you take those beautiful photos of Paris in the Snow that were posted on Escape the other day? They were stunning!
The Chateau Diaries @Jason Dubey Sadly I didn't! I haven't been to Paris since November!
Jason Dubey You guys have done a tone of work and it shows. This is a great review of all the projects, and I think your viewers are enjoying the recap. Keep up the great work! @the Chateau Diaries
Jason Dubey This is a great update! A real crowd pleaser for sure. Don't forget to put my name back there!!!...LOL @the Chateau Diaries

SJ and BJJ have worked hard and need a month vacation, maybe more...
The Chateau Diaries @Holly Biggs Me too! It's strange to be making only 3 videos per week (1 here, 1 for my patrons, and 1 Chateau Unwrapped!). I miss chatting to everyone! But I'm loving the break

Teabag, ben spence is looking for you. No reply from SJ or BJJ.
Doing It Ourselves A nice surprise to see this pop up in my feed.

BJJ busy answering questions.
Philip Janssen @Christine brown I finished the tube , but it was just a regular porcelain glue from the local hardware store!
Philip Janssen @Sarah It’s filmed on Steph’s phone, an iPhone 13 Pro Max!
Philip Janssen @jannebu The windows that will be changing are at the back of the château! The ones facing the courtyard will remain in the same spot :)

BJJ is on vacation and there are no tables to set where he is going.
Sidra Shirazi When will we see new video from you @philip janssen
Philip Janssen @Sidra Shirazi As soon as possible! Probably late January :)

🤪
Kim Martin Stephanie I love the sense of responsibility to accountability and accuracy to the chateau you hold. You are a visionary. Once a girl with a dream, now a formidable woman who will not be stopped.
The Chateau Diaries 💛💛💛 @Kim Martin

SJ doing some IJ cleanup...
The Chateau Diaries @Michael Morrison Mummy's still a little tired, but other than completely recovered, thank goodness. Percy's very well
The Chateau Diaries @Christine brown I will, I'm hoping to visit Mummy soon
jetje goes dutch @the Chateau Diaries hope you can have some piece and quiet xxxx
The Chateau Diaries @jetje goes dutch Thank you, I'm already feeling much more rested, and I can't wait to see my mother!

Where's Selmar???? They both do cleanup...
Sam Horsman @the Chateau Diaries has Delmar gone for good?
The Chateau Diaries @Sam Horsman I'm sure he'll pop back regularly, but he and Tatyana are starting their lives together now
Ms. Silence dogood Does anyone know if Selmar is coming back? It seems like he just faded out of the picture? I saw his videos but did not see wether he was planning on returning or if Amury is his replacement
Natasha @Ms. Silence dogood follow @Selmar on his channel to see what he’s up to
The Chateau Diaries @Ms. Silence dogood Selmar and Tatyana are planning to move in together, but I'm sure they'll visit often - they were supposed to be with us for New Year but were stopped by restrictions
Philip Janssen @Ms. Silence dogood Selmar is in the UK with Tatyana and they were supposed to come to Lalande for New Year’s, but were stuck in the UK because of restrictions. They are still planning to move into1/2
Philip Janssen Their own château 2/2

BJJ got carried away and posted twice.
Philip Janssen We couldn’t put all the updates in, but were so happy to show you the highlights
DeAnn P @Philip Janssen You did a really good job and Stephanie is so beautiful and articulate
Philip Janssen We couldn’t put all the updates in, but were so happy to show you the highlights

Games 🤭
DIINIHON did you ever think about making a videogame out of lalande? i imagine something like "harvest moon" or "stardew valley" , it would be awesome!!!
The Chateau Diaries @DIINIHON The problem with that is that I'd spend all my time playing it! I used to be quite addicted to World of Warcraft!
DIINIHONi could do all the 3d models but if only i knew something about programing, i would offer myself to do it all for free- Every video you made gives me ideas

They are over worked and need a month vacation... ONLY THURSDAY.
Rio Kicks Did I miss her new upload schedule? Is it just Thursdays now?
The Chateau Diaries @Rio Kicks It's just Thursday's in January!

Stalkers
Lee Ayliffe WE LOVE YOU STEPHANIE JARVIS & PHILIP.... sorry for shouting, got carried away
Louiseangela Gough Having met you at the airport this year, I looked like a stalker lol. I am loving seeing the progress. Like you in our house is getting worse before better as we are just about to demolish a fireplace

Super fan Alice Allan reminds everyone to stay safe. SJ and Co. are busy traveling during a pandemic for fun.
The Chateau Diaries Thank you so much for watching with us, see you next week
Alice Allan Stay safe everyone
The Chateau Diaries Night night all

SJ wants everyone to know that she is sooo busy and working hard...
Always Jiji @the Chateau Diaries the organizaing in retrieving these clips is amazing. I remember these clips in the actual videos but to go back and seamlessly tie things together. wow
The Chateau Diaries @Always Jiji It took so much longer than I was expecting! But it was a lot of fun to look through the footage of the past year. The difficulty was having to leave so much out!

Very telling....
Charlotte Dickens Philip Janssen if you wish to give to charity you could do an alternative vlog that didn't involve gifts.
Philip Janssen @Charlotte Dickens Yes, however the gifts would still be sent.
Philip Janssen @Charlotte Dickens We could, but I doubt it would raise as much as €23,000 a year
Chloe Malik Great work for charity sometimes you can't please everyone but this is a great achievement
The reason it took so long to compile the year in review video is they had to search long and hard to find a snippet of footage showing SJ doing any actual work - and they couldn’t!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
Hey Teresa, nice to see you've visited Tattle today! Why don't you stay longer and read up more.

In the words of Abraham Lincoln: “You can fool all the people some of the time and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time.”
Teresa Lipot
1 hour ago
The OUTCOME IS NOT CONTROVERSIAL or like the donkey toile you explained..."you can't please ALL OF THE PEOPLE, ALL OF THE TIME". Our Great President Lincoln has a similar quote SO IT MUST BE TRUE. Or if you find creating funds for the underserved - you must be a horses ass". Lol.

• Haha
Reactions: 19

Maria Houlihan
11 hours ago
Cruelty to Animals !

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Don't know why they have the sheep, they are only decorations in the field to Fanny. She probably thinks she is being kind having them, but she never gets them shorn before its very hot. Is always someone else that realises it needs doing and does it. Never seen a vet come and check them either. Hopefully they are being better cared for by Kristy, she has vet friends and animal skills. She was very gentle when she sheared them.
I believe they have sheep because Nic Larkin as co-owner insisted they have them. Fanny couldn't give a toss about them.

• Sad
Reactions: 26
Problems??? Yes. Seeking help???
She has been selling this for five years. It's a money maker and it has never failed her. Why would she change.
FRK would like her life to look more like SJ's.

View attachment 972361
planbstudio

#PKNBGO5 Speaker: Marie Wiik believes life will never be perfect and the key to happiness is acceptance. Inspired from her time as a self-harmer and living with an alcoholic father, Marie thought she'd join us to share some of her darkest memories. Note: she claims she makes it funny.

Be there, or be out with ‘friends’ (not really friends). Pecha Kucha Bergen - celebrating awesome.

Tickets (link in profile): https://pechakucha.ticketco.no/vol5
Promo-kode: HELDIGGRIS
FEBRUARY 10, 2016
Hey Teresa, nice to see you've visited Tattle today! Why don't you stay longer and read up more.

Teresa Lipot
1 hour ago
The OUTCOME IS NOT CONTROVERSIAL or like the donkey toile you explained..."you can't please ALL OF THE PEOPLE, ALL OF THE TIME". Our Great President Lincoln has a similar quote SO IT MUST BE TRUE. Or if you find creating funds for the underserved - you must be a horses ass". Lol.
Teresa, day drinking is not a good look for you! Also, no need to yell!

• Haha
I think I can add a bit of perspective. I initially was impressed by her little short story on how she ended up owning a chateau. My demo, 51, still pretty hip, always an early adopter trend-wise, love to decorate and antiques. Always complimented on my style. Always been told I will never be old no matter how old I get. Okay. So back to my initial brainwashing. I thought it was very cool that she had the pluck to do this. I also thought she must have made some money as an opera singer and she had determination. I also thought maybe she was a little bit cash poor, but her partners were helping things along. I was also still under the impression she worked some of the time.

I’m also American and we love us some diy. We don’t have much history over 300 years old. We generally don’t know the ins and outs of living in Europe. So in the beginning I’m very intrigued by all of this. Cut to Stephanie. She seems so down to earth! Not pretentious - she runs around in her housecoat with no makeup on. How refreshing! She must be an open book! This is disarming because she seems to be so happy and optimistic. She must be telling the truth, right? She has so many friends, and all these people volunteer to come help her, she must be really nice. You start to like her because she seems like a lot of fun. You look at the state of the place and you feel a bit sorry for her because she seems to need help. You think, oh I’ll give her a little money, I’d really like to see her fix that crappy courtyard. You find yourself wondering what they got up to since the last video.

You see her thrift shopping - she talks about sewing curtains - she shows old renno pictures and talks about her father dying. Her mom is mowing the lawn. Poor girl, you think, CoVid is going to wreck her business. She’s so excited to receive things from people and seems really grateful. Some of those things are used or worn even. You’re getting invested and go back and watch videos from before you found the channel. Cue to a couple weeks or months later, you start to think of her and the others as a friend or company. Just like you do with a TV show (Friends, Sex and the City), only this is cooler, because they are real people. Then, you start to notice things…….

Couture gowns come out for a cocktail party (“it’s vintage” sure, Vivienne Westwood?!, Versace !?, Manolo’s). She took 12 vacations last year? Hmmmm
My father bought me a murano chandelier (huh?!).

BUT, she’s driving a bombed out car left there by a volunteer, she’s giving hotel soap for Christmas presents, she’s begging Potty to buy her art at a gallery.

THEN, she’s going on vacation and staying at a 4 star hotel, and then she goes on vacation, and then she goes on vacation, and then she goes on vacation, and then she goes on vacation, and then she goes on vacation…………….

The thing that did it for me was the $200 candle. I was like, what the actual duck lady? After that I watched just to try to figure out what the hell was going on. I am not unfamiliar with the finer things in life. I’d see them pop up now and again and I thought maybe her parents gave her nice presents. Then it became ridiculous and I started to wonder if she was a hooker. I’m not kidding. Really weird men were showing up to party, and when she dressed up she looked like a hooker. She went off with Mason on those trips and I seriously wondered if he was paying her.

Michael’s first crying video sent me straight here. I googled her name and scam and here I am. I came in around thread 19. Thank goodness for Clara, because in as much I’d decided she was full of tit, Clara really laid it out, and it’s even worse than I expected.

She’s no different than a junkie lying to you to get you to fork over some cash because they need a little help. Only in her case she runs off and buys Soleaido and $4000 worth of wallpaper instead of drugs. Oh and she doesn’t ask in person, she uses YouTube to get into your house and ask for money.

I only watch now because I want to see her come apart. I don’t care about that old building. I don’t care about her or her greedy, lying, mother. I like a few of the regulars, but I absolutely hate Snorts.

My only fear is that when we do break her, or she gets caught out, that she’ll just disappear and we’ll never get to see it.

So yep, I did, I gave her money and I’m not a granny. I hope it paid for a dinner that gave her diarrhea, or a bottle of liquor that gave her the worst hangover ever.
This was way better than the Kindle book I just started reading!😂😍

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
The thing that did it for me was the $200 candle. I was like, what the actual duck lady? After that I watched just to try to figure out what the hell was going on. I am not unfamiliar with the finer things in life. I’d see them pop up now and again and I thought maybe her parents gave her nice presents. Then it became ridiculous and I started to wonder if she was a hooker.
Yes, there's a deeply vile kind of sexual mayhem element about her crazy spending, thrift shop greed and cadeaux wallowing. The poor little me thing she does -- to the point people like Faar actually used to give her pocket money and apparently are still willing to do so. It's deffo hookerish, along with the high heels on cobblestones, her commedia del'arte/La Strada/Columbina clown outfits, Daddy's porn and porn tiles, and the bone-deep grifter thing. She reminds me of the classic poverty addict in Cameron's Money Drunk.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 28
I think we have a similar system here. I believe all the lawyers get the names of the 100 selected from the electoral roll before hand so they do research on everyone and know who they don't want or want before they get there. I walked up and was immediately dismissed.
I saw that happen when I was called. I never got to be questioned, but wondered how the lawyers could dismiss someone without even talking to them. At the time, I wondered if it was based on their looks. I actually found it a negative put down experience for those dismissed for no apparent reason, and glad I was able to leave when they had enough jurors!

Reactions: 10
I saw that happen when I was called. I never got to be questioned, but wondered how the lawyers could dismiss someone without even talking to them. At the time, I wondered if it was based on their looks. I actually found it a negative put down experience for those dismissed for no apparent reason, and glad I was able to leave when they had enough jurors!
I did jury service a few years back, and I loved it. Got to sit on 3 cases and on one I was the jury foreman (foreperson?). Found it really interesting and a good workout for the brain cells.

it is an awful colour, I don't know whose colouring it would suit, but sure not Ma's, not to mention it is a massive long vest .... when I first saw it I thought she had her own horse blanket. As a Canadian it is weird to me to see people wearing the massive puffy winter wear in their French weather. That big white thing SJ wears too, and Sadie wears something too, I think. We only wear that kind of stuff when it is bitter cold, and only if we're going to be outside a while. We have those really thin light weight jackets that are a bit puffy but ridiculous warm, but they aren't those bit puffy ones! You can roll ours up small to travel with.

Here's one, a packable puffer jacket

View attachment 973234
We do have a damp cold which makes you really cold. I used to buy ski jackets for watching my son play rugby and also wear thermals under my clothes as well🥶🥶

Reactions: 12
💥💥 patron update

Puke my ring up or what ….

She’s lost the friking plot … she believes she’s royalty

If you will just read …..

As an extra thank you, the Dauphins and Dauphines of Lalande will have their names behind a set of the double doors in the grand salon, so that they will be able to see their name when they visit. For the rest of you, we will be photographing the name plates behind the panelling before they’re fixed into place, so you’ll all be able to download a photo of your names at Lalande.

The friggin Dauphines will be visiting to see their names …. Why is the 2320 euros they paid - part payment for air fare or B&B

The REST of the Muppet show can view a picture of their name …WTF

Seriously 😳 just get the link for the tax authorities in France…. They might be interested 😈
I wonder if the downloads of names will be free our will you have to pay for them like Daddies wrapping paper. I wonder what Daddy thinks of his "art" being used for wrapping paper? Not sure is he was a scammer too or just a lazy enabling sod. Would have been interesting to see Daddy and Mummy interact. Anyone here know them before Daddy died? Love to have your thoughts on that relationship, with Mummy not wanting to live in the Shitoo with all the early renovo's and Daddy loving it, but buggering off to paint each day.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Quoting myself here (sorry) But am I the only one who thinks it f**ked up how Jurors can talk to the press like this? Also I hate the culture and industry around jury selection in the USA. Here in NZ you you are required to go to court with about a 100 other possible jurors (selected from the electoral roll) There is a ballot and if your name comes up, you walk from edge of court room towards the jury box. Each lawyer has 6 'challenges' they can use to reject a juror before they sit down. I have walked up to jury box twice, first time challenged after about 3 steps, they last time I was literally bending to sit down! Also here the jury is not allowed to discuss what went on after a trial.
I've always been curious about how the jury selection works here - in Canada we are not allowed to discuss any case details which I think is more appropriate too. I was supposed to go to jury selection tomorrow but got excused (with much encouragement from my work) since we're understaffed, training new hires, and in busiest time of year. Jury duty may have been a nice break for me but really I'd have ended up working at night trying to catch up.

Reactions: 11

Maria Houlihan
11 hours ago
Yeah I think lots of the Super Fans are just very lonely. They were lonely before covid, but covid has x100 their loneliness. They are the ones who leave the over the top gushing comments, and get really upset and argue with others who ask questions or show any doubts.

Reactions: 35
We do have a damp cold which makes you really cold. I used to buy ski jackets for watching my son play rugby and also wear thermals under my clothes as well🥶🥶
I get that! I have silks for layers and a puffer that is not bulky. My husband and I spend a lot of time hiking and snowshoeing and I do a lot of walking so I layer up and then peel off as necessary. Layers really work well, way more comfortable than a big jacket or vest. It’s 12 F right now, glad to have a nice, clean, heated home!

Sorry what did you say? All I can see is sexy firefighters

• Haha
  • Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.