The Chateau Diaries #104 it was all claws on deck!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Clara said..they ruined those lights..and never fixed them..obvious..
Indeed. I think the word is that they are waiting until Ian the Electrician returns. He was the one who installed the lights and in good old shitshow fashion they believe he is the only one who can fix them.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 32
I'd just be happy with masks for spray painting/dust, eye protection and safety boots.
That doesn’t really bother me as their health is their responsibility but it is pretty stupid I have to agree.
Exposing butt cracks and underwear is just rude!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
I noticed that too. The tree wasn't there (although the mess from removing it was) and then it was there again. How long will that digger last, being used for all sorts of things?
Not too long if he drives like that. The track came off the other day I saw in his vlog.

Thanks for this, but its still just bumph that she's fed them. No mention of being a trained opera singer like in Channel 4 but we have additional training that's never mentioned. We spend the day talking about what a lying, manipulative woman she is. Maybe she'll suddenly show her graduation photos on CD now. They have a very old ceremony that they have been following for 100s of years for graduation at Oxford so she should have some photos from it. My nephew just graduated from there and we've got photos from thoughout.
Yes, we want photographic proof SJ!!!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
We all are and it's frustrating that it's taking so long while her faults and schemes are so obvious to all of us. I comfort myself often with the knowledge that what went up must come down again and I do feel she's nearing a breaking point. She already has so much more than she needs and/or can handle and with every patron she gains it will become more obvious that this woman does not need any more financial support. She's sure is in dire need of mental support and that is the other bright spot on our horizon: her mental lability will eventually cause a huge fall out with everything she holds dear. It's not just going to be a short visit to the hospital next time, she knows this yet can't help herself. There's others that should, but as they think they are benefitting from her shenanigans, nobody even tries anymore.
I know that your word is gospel here . . . I don't see her having a break down, I see her getting stronger and stronger. Just my opinion and I know I will get beaten up for it. She seems to be thriving during all the chaos. I know, I know any day now . . .

• Sad
Reactions: 8
Tattymar’s video was just downright odd.

Smeagol was walking very unnaturally, clearly trying to adjust her gait for the camera and keep in the shot while Seldo captured the mindblowing wonder of Tesco

Silly turned into a child in the frozen food section upon noticing the chips and pizza, obviously keen for a treat after being fed by the cave-dwelling hobbit for the past month.

Tats didn’t seem very keen on the chips, noting that she sometimes didn’t like to spend the time to make them. 30mins in the oven dear. Once you’ve cleaned out the cobwebs I guess.
Odd to hear her the offer to make presumably vegan Mayo though.

We were then subjected to more footage of Selmar spying on unwitting members of the public before T’s attempt to make several unremarkable things more remarkable by reciting paragraphs from Wikipedia.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
PREDICTION - there will be NO upgrades to the heating system in 2022 (likely even 2023)
- They still need to get quotes & then study the quotes (this is alot for SJ's little damsel in distress brain to understand)
- Any upgrades or expansion to the existing geothermal heating system will involve digging and construction
- Even if the geothermal work is ready to be done by summer 2022, they'll use the excuse not to do it because it may distrub the B&B guests
- So work can't begin until November 2022 & they have a small window in November before Christmas and they bugger off again in January 2023
- They'll also need a new, larger boiler system and that can't be installed until the geothermal work is done
- New pipes may need to be installed to handle the larger load on the heating system
- The 40+ new radiators can't be done until the geothermal work is complete, new boiler system is installed, and the pipe work is finished
- SJ wil want to redesign some part of the shitoo and that will hold up installation .......and so on and so on. and so on ........
- SJ won't contract & pay proper heating technicians to do much of the work - instead Dan, Amuary, Ian etc. will be told to do most of the work inbetween any of they other jobs

The downstairs loo was 18 months (and counting) and heating is a much larger, more expensive propostion, It's construction and SJ only likes decoration. If the heating was fixed, then SJ would have no excuse to swan off to warm climates during the winter & would have to stay home in January/February.

So dear tartlets, heating will be just like the Chapel & every other project at the shittoo ......lots of excuses, delays, parts shortages, etc., etc., etc..... another unfinished project in a long list of many.
That's a lot of work isn't it? Why not slap some solar panels on all the roofs and install reverse cycle heat pumps in all the rooms? Dunno if that's thing in France, but works well down here.

I wonder this too ... and then I realized that I wasn't sure we have confirmation that they already left, do we?
True,I thought that he was cooking for the kids at home??

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Tattymar’s video was just downright odd.

Smeagol was walking very unnaturally, clearly trying to adjust her gait for the camera and keep in the shot while Seldo captured the mindblowing wonder of Tesco

Silly turned into a child in the frozen food section upon noticing the chips and pizza, obviously keen for a treat after being fed by the cave-dwelling hobbit for the past month.

Tats didn’t seem very keen on the chips, noting that she sometimes didn’t like to spend the time to make them. 30mins in the oven dear. Once you’ve cleaned out the cobwebs I guess.
Odd to hear her the offer to make presumably vegan Mayo though.

We were then subjected to more footage of Selmar spying on unwitting members of the public before T’s attempt to make several unremarkable things more remarkable by reciting paragraphs from Wikipedia.
Dulmar really wanted potatoes!!! It was super funny! And all those boxes of pizza with gooey cheese ... don't know how he's doing with the vegan diet! :) Those photos really looked like he is longing for other food options.

I thought Tatti's walk was so awkward, it looked kind of geriatric to me!

True,I thought that he was cooking for the kids at home??
When I relistened to it I got the impression it was at the chateau.

Reactions: 10
...she’s just weak...emotionally and mentally...she had it made in that cute, little village. especially with those women who were so sweet and supportive toward her...

hmmm...imagine...how easy life would be...with the only thing one had to do is to make whimsical wreaths and play with flowers...😈🙄
Someone said it before , I think Marie would love to be Stephanie , but as much as I loathe Stephanie she does have personality and connections snd nerve , and Marie is the least likely Vlogging star I have ever seen . Desperate and boring .

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 22
Maybe she is hoping to be locked down in South Africa then she can have a really good holiday. Probably get more patreons as poor her she has to try and manage the reno from a distance and is soooo hard.
This is one of her actual plans, as I understood. This is also why she has announced in advance the break in her flogging might last until half February.

Someone would buy it, I sold 2 cars one written off by insurance com because for $200. The other just old for $500 to the wreckers yard. As mine were just Toyotas I'd imagine a wrecker would give her more for a Jag
SJ will never sell that pile of scraps, if only to remind her mother she was promised a new car many many years ago when IJ wrecked SJ's even older vehicle. This is seriously a topic that would still pop up at the lunch table: SJ pouting about a car she was promised but never got.

Actually good point someone made re the no locks on the doors (except the new loo). If everyone has left, and SJ’s Dutch friend is in Marquis apt (where she normally stays according to Clara), any random person could be enter the grounds or the farmhouse itself. And SJ has an open invite for patreons to arrive and visit (in lieu of summer party 2020). I would be scared staying there by myself. I do wonder who Dan was cooking for.
No clue where Kim is staying now as I have no access to her social media, where she usually puts up snapshots of her time at the dump. A couple of years ago she and her professor husband, to the great fortune of SJ who always benefits from these shenanigans, decided to "adopt" the Marquis apartment, more or less as a counterweight to Potty getting his own space at the HMN. They offered SJ money to be spend on decorating the rooms and put in a log burner to at least get some comfort in return. I don't think SJ spend that money on the additional heating (no surprises there) and by now she has her mind set on wallpapering and paneling the hell out of that place, so I guess her friend has moved somewhere less blatantly messy, if such a place still exists.

Genuine question from someone not born in snowy lands or large buildings - why not zone the farmhouse eg 3 zones and have different heating and water arrangements for each? So the old part/bnb could be done separately to the turret area/front door/SJ area vs the kitchen servant bedrooms?
Great idea, but to realize such a logical and sensible project would require a vision and a mind set on improvement. SJ lacks both and since she's allowed to be the ruler of the dump, it will never happen.

And I went down the rabbit hole of watching the latest Sillymar video- well, thank you all very much! It was akin to watching paint dry! Until the arrival of Diesel- who is ridiculously adorable, survived the Shitoo and was treated like crap by Fanny (when a person hates dogs, as she does, it tells you much about their character- seriously, she has no soul), and I have to give Tatti props (because I do suspect it was her doing) that the little old man finally got a much needed haircut/nail trim. Sillymar even shelled out for a new coat for him, so props (but he should have already HAD a coat and a few sweaters.) The thing that bothered me as a small dog owner is that Diesel does NOT have a harness- but his leash is attached to his collar. NOOO!!! Diesel is a small dog- this could injure his trachea. Sillymar, please get him a proper vest-like harness.
I simply can not watch his endless bullshit anymore. Somehow I hope that he dares to go back to her HMN because I think he will make it much harder for SJ to walk a straight line and keep the narrative she wants to sell afloat.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
Good for you that you got on to her sooner rather than later. But again, it doesn't help to question others who need more time to see through her. Even here, where most of her lies are debunked instantly because of our extended knowledge there are still some people who think she ain't that bad. That how it works, that's the emotional state SJ forages around to get her fix. If you want to get true insight, you should watch some documentaries about how sects work and read about the experiences of people who got caught up in one of them. It's very enlightening. Some people will fall prey much easier than others and it usually has nothing to do with common sense or an ability to see right from wrong.
For me, after watching her on ETTC: DIY I was bemused by her, ditzy blonde who still called her mother, Mummy (gag) but by chance a YT recommend on how YT Saved MY Shitto with a familiar face from the TV series that lured me in. Until I saw the light.

I think that her looks and her accent appealed to many, can you imagine if you swapped out SJ for Sarah, married to Shrek? Would the channel have such success? No. We want the fantasy - until we see the reality.

She has the performance and charismatic appeal of those evangelistic leaders, or sect leaders. Luring in the vulnerable: I can't travel to France or even dream of owning my own Chateau but I have a friend, SJ, who does.

Reactions: 26
Why is Isabella ok with him? The dissension he has caused at the shithole
Whatever gave you the impression IJ is okay with him? She is most definitely not, but the old hag has been cast aside by SJ, who couldn't believe her luck when Mummy got stuck in SA. The dynamic between IJ and Squirrel Cameltoe when they meet again on camera will either give us fireworks (if SJ thinks it's funny enough to not edit it out) or will mimic an atmosphere as if someone died (if SJ wants to get a certain message through to her lover).

How can you up and leave without removing and packing the decorations. She has to be the laziest human.
She even leaves her dirty underwear all over her room when she goes on a trip, so one can only assume decorations are way down on her list of priorities. She literally forgets all about her crappy palace as soon as she closes the door behind her, if she even does that when walking out of there.

I really thought that Snorts preferred the company of man. I also don’t understand why it is taking so long to finish Natti’s apt. It took my husband and six months to build our home.
Welcome. If you start reading here (I can recommend the Wiki that you will find through the button with that name on top of every page here) I have no doubt you will find the answers for all your questions. But in short: you've been duped by her game of smoke and mirrors.

She said in early blogs about how cold it was in those first winters, so she has stayed during winter
I don't blame you at all for still believing what you've heard her say, but it's a mistake. Sure she stayed, for a while, but always with luxurious and long lasting trips to warmer places.

@Clara Burnett please please and pretty please with sugar and a cherry on top! PLULEEZZZ tell us all - why oh why!! Does she speak to all of her ex's EXCEPT!! her ex-husband! Even I speak to mine and he slept with EVERYONE and EVERYTHING!! and still had to dump me (I was very young and still in ballet and therefore has zero self esteem ok😅) but even I!! Still speak to my ex!! I mean it took a minute!! And Karma has taken care of all that (newborn at 55 anyone?? Teenager at 70 🤣🤣🤣) no, he isn't the devil- we just shouldn't have been married at 20! And he should have said so! BUT!! why oh why.... is HE (or she) the only one ms thing doesn't speak to?? I am waiting..... with breath all baited and waiting 🐶
From what I've heard about him, and this info comes directly and indirectly from the horses mouth a.k.a. SJ, her ex-husband was the only one capable of controlling her completely. His presumed jealousy kept her from leaving the house or meeting friends and she just couldn't take it. I have never met the guy nor have I ever heard his side of the story about their romance, so I can't elaborate. But I agree with you that his absence in her current life is at odds with her normal behavior. Although, come to think of it, we never ever hear her talk about here previous long term buddy Nordic Weirdo, do we? He seemed to have vanished completely too. My guess is that's the faith for the ones who do no longer adore her after she has dumped them.

I know that your word is gospel here . . . I don't see her having a break down, I see her getting stronger and stronger. Just my opinion and I know I will get beaten up for it. She seems to be thriving during all the chaos. I know, I know any day now . . .
My word is nothing but that: mine. Up to you what you believe in, but know that I'm not a beater of any kind and are more known for my listening skills than anything else.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 44
I think the scales first started falling from my eyes when I realised how little time she actually spent at the chateau pre lockdown. Her year consisted of monthly trips back to her flat in London, several short breaks in France, and longer overseas holidays.

Her daily life when at the HMN is utterly vacuous. She has a beautiful wood on her doorstep and lovely surrounding countryside but never walks or explores in either. She hasn't joined any local clubs or societies, rarely attends local events, and appears to have only made a handful of local friends in sixteen years.

She has obviously never really cared about building a life at the chateau, and so investing time, energy, or money in renovation or maintenance after the initial works was never going to figure in her thinking.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 41
Once upon a Time, there was a lonely Chatelaine who lived in her Chateau in the middle of nowhere.
Isn't that a Donna Summer song?

Paaarfect

Also, Phyllis bragging about writing in here is like saying you survived 3 seconds against Muhammed Ali. Not bright, not clever and not admirable.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
So checking out Companies House it makes interesting reading. The incorporate the company in 2001 with the company secretary forming it and then 2 directors joining (auntie and uncle). Company secretrar then retired. This was under the name The Depperhaugh Limited. There is still a care home called The Depperhaugh (leave off the limited). In 2009 the company name was changed to Oak Grange Hoxne Ltd, same directors. January 2016 another director added by the name of AR. In April 2021 AR becomes person of significant control and somewhere along the line it changed to Oak Tree Barns Ltd quite close to the name change of Oak Grange Hoxne. Anyway, there must be a pile of money there too..
I have posted previously about Depperhaugh. If you use the search facility either using my name or Oak Barns you can see where I posted accounts showing how well the nursing home company was doing Inc dividends to directors and then when the company switched to be Amury's (renamed and repurposed company registration) how bad his accounts look including substantial loans from directors (bank of mummy and daddy).

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Indeed. I think the word is that they are waiting until Ian the Electrician returns. He was the one who installed the lights and in good old shitshow fashion they believe he is the only one who can fix them.
The amount of digging that has been done around the courtyard since Ian put in the lights, I expect the cables now resemble lengths of spaghetti. The cables should have been placed in plastic pipe with indicator tape above so anyone digging would be warned.

Having a digger and not using it as much as possible is foolish. (Having a car and walking everywhere). The hours saved are priceless. Unlike cars which register miles/kilometres travelled diggers record how many hours they are used for. This aids in calculating their resale value. Diggers don't devalue at the same rate a cars.
Tracks coming off is a simple fix. Hydraulic hoses can be punctured. In urban areas it's easy to get a mobile repair service in hours to fix hoses. Berry being remote a few spares would be ideal, Inc fluid.

Reactions: 27
I remember when Dan was trying to talk Stephanie into buying the digger, he came up with all kinds of reasons why including being able to sell it in a few years and still get some good money for it. Davey was there too and he chimed in about how Dan must maintain the digger for it to last and still be worth anything. Davey has Dan’s number.
Young stroppy has a digger, it must be serviced every 50 hours.. greased, serviced.. etc. He is much like Dan and loves his toys, but a toy still needs to be maintained.... I wonder if stephanmememe knows this.... This SHITTOO AINT LEGO MY CITY or DUMBO DAVEY DUPLO..

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
she obvious is also a lunatic..although now she has the narrative..i bet she wouldnt trust Fanny with her image..
I'm just glad she has some sort of personality... I was beginning to wonder what attracted Potts to her... maybe her pillow bashing in the boudoirm it would explain his bed head.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
This is a bit of strange and random coincidence concerning the Michael Bragantino saga. I sometimes watch a Canadian Drag queen (Wilma Fingerdoodle) reviewing RuPauls Drag race on YT, and wow, Michael B has been begging for money for his open heart surgery there too! Where else has he been? He should have enough money to open a hospital himself at this rate.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.