The Chateau Diaries #103 Keep your dreams, SJ. Give everyone else their money back

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So I'm with you. I think the SA trip is PJ's swan song. Still remember how Amauryn said on cam, in one of his first appearances, how things had to be checked with Stephanie and Phillip. Felt then, feel now, that was the kiss of death.
👆September 2020, whilst making interior shutters.👇

AM comment about SJ and BJJ.png

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
just watched Niki Postano's latest video. Her and Carlos were travelling from France iinto England, and she commented that filling out papers in order to travel, one of the questions for residents of France was what was the compelling reason for the travel. Apparently visiting relatives is not one of the accepted reasons. This did not apply to Niki as they were just travelling thru France. interesting.. maybe SA trip may be off

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
It's good to laugh! I have a good sense of humour for the most part.

:sick: I like "things", I like to buy "things". I can talk myself into almost anything if there is a spark of interest. I can get all excited about a certain topic, project or hobby and then research it to death, assemble all the materials and then become paralyzed to continue further for fear of not doing something perfect or correctly ( lol the latter is not a quality that SJ and I share but it is similar in a way ). There is more that I can't really put to words, I just see it or used to, she has changed and become more manic, but maybe that's the narcissism in her or performing something because she has dug herself a hole.
I would say that I am an extroverted introvert. I rather be behind the camera than in front of it. I am very curious but tend to sit back and people watch and then share my sense of humour with those that I find interesting or genuine and be pleasant but ignore those that I find fake or with an agenda. My brother's birthday is 3 days and a few years after mines so we both get along well ( ha ha my parents are pisces & scorpio, so good for each other but oil and water to my brother and I ) . I also have some more virgo tendencies than Cancer ( I was supposed to be born a cancer but was a week late ) which is a bit odd , my Virgo BFF and ex roommate and I could read each others minds and absolutely agree on the same things, we were a good team. As most Leo's I am very loyal to loved ones and friends and if I see or get word of something I do not like, my mostly quiet patient self will come to a head and explode. "Do not take my kindness for weakness.....".
...... I also have wayyyyyyyy too many clothes. More than SJ 🙈 . And even though I do like black, my wardrobe is mostly bright colourful cheerful colours and prints. Are other Leos the similar or is just this just what I share with SJ?

If this twenty-something young man can do it, surely SJ could too... :rolleyes: especially with all the money that's flowing in.
Edouard Guyot is the name of this young man. The video about his château popped up today on my feed and I watched the whole thing even though it is VERY long. He's very well spoken and the video is subtitled in English.
The undertaking is mammoth, but he's managed to find qualified French artisans who get the job done! Hint hint all of you English-speaking château owners who complain they can't find proper tradesmen in France :mad:

Watched this this morning. Amazing! You can see/hear the knowledge he has and that he is committed to restoration. It was refreshing to watch.

Reactions: 12
South Africa is on the scarlet list of countries in France and below are the accepted, compelling reasons for travel to a scarlet listed country from France. None apply to Stefanny and her son. They would be denied boarding in France but they probably will curb the regulations by traveling via the UK. Edit: The same list of compelling reasons apply to the UK. Is the SA trip really off??

-A French or foreign national travelling to their country of residence or origin (without guarantee of return to French territory, except for a compelling reason), as well as their spouse (married, civil partner or cohabiting partner) and children.

-Death of a direct-line family member (grandparents, parents, children, brothers and sisters). Visiting a person facing a life-threatening situation, for direct-line family members (grandparents, parents, children and siblings).
Required documents: death certificate, medical certificate describing the state of the person with a life-threatening condition, proof of family relationship.

-Travelling abroad in order to exercise custody rights recognised by a court judgement.
Required document: court judgement and proof of place of residence.

-Summonsed by a judicial or administrative authority.
Required document: summons by administrative or judicial authority.

-Legally or economically impossible to remain in the territory in which the person is located. Enforcing a deportation order.
Required documents: expired residence permit, termination notice, etc.

-Vital medical emergency (for the person as well as an accompanying person if their presence is essential).
Required document: medical certificate, proof of scheduled hospitalisation....

-Transport professionals.
Required documents: employer's certificate, professional card for crews of international goods transport, international passenger transport, international maritime transport.

-Health or research professional involved in the fight against COVID-19 or participating in key health-related cooperation activities.
Required document: professional card.

-One-off missions related to the exercise of public authority (including diplomatic missions and missions vital to the continuity of operational contracts of the armed forces or military corps) that can neither be deferred nor postponed.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 37
Yep...my husband is a Leo...calm exterior, quiet...holds his opinions to himself...extremely generous and easy going as can be...until...you say something against moi...then he is a beast...kind of frightening. 👿
...and at that point...he has no filter.and doesn’t give a tit what anyone thinks...nor what he says...no one ever suspects it...until he erupts...I always say...be careful...he can go insane...no one believes it...well, until tit happens...😎. Leo’s...deserve respect...and a wide berth...don’t duck with them...or who they hold dearest...big mistake...✌
Same same.

On my last vacation the man next door to us in our swimout room was a Leo and we shared the same Birthday. It was amusing to hear his wife speak about him as I could see the similarities. It is fun when Leos meet too, everything turns into a jovial party.

Reactions: 5
I have always thought that Selmar was constantly trying to duck Stephanie. LIke Phillip he would try to kiss her any chance he had. When they danced the Tango he would rub his penis up against her. He loves her. I'll bet she gave in and tried Selmar out sexually and now he has power over her. Selmar is extremely stupid and has a big ego at the same time. I just watched Lord of the Rings and was struck by his resemblance to Faramir of Gondor in Return of the King..

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
So I see Annalise has got herself a job four days a week working at a school? Good for her. Now Dan will have to step up his parental responsibilities.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Even though Sarah is educated, well travelled(so they have said) she certainly comes off as not very worldly. I wonder if she is from the Toronto area or from elsewhere. I wonder how long she has been with Steve.
Not defending her but I would say that she is in the majority to have never tasted caviar. It’s amazing to me that there are so many Canadians that are still meat and potatoes & wouldn’t eat or even try fish or seafood. Give her kiddos for trying! Being from the east coast and brought up on these I’m stunned when I hear an east coaster state they would never eat these delicacies. In my family we just say that’s great more for us!
They moved from Fergus, ON which is west of Toronto ( approx. 1.5 hr drive ) and North of Guelph. It is definitely country there and not as many chances or choices to try something new or at least there wasn't for years.
I think that a lot of it is about choosing fear over choice . Sarah may be the type to travel and explore but be conservative in trying new foods. My dad, although born in culturally diverse Toronto, is totally a meat, potatoes and veg kind of guy. I made a chicken paella Boxing Day ( didn't bother with the seafood one ), so simple ingredients and he took a tiny spoonful of it whereas my mom was excited to try something new, and "a one pot meal" lol. The next night I cooked Chinese cauliflower (blanched it , then stir fried with olive oil, garlic and green onions) and he would not touch it ( totally boring but it looked "different" ). ......... I think that even if you are open to trying something new, there is also the hurdle of seeking it out to try. If you don't count sushi, I only tried caviar about 9 years ago when I was working on a show where the cutter was Russian and on Fridays she brought in crepes, caviar, creme cheese and a couple other toppings. It was a delicious treat!
We have a really good asian grocery store which also has south asian, South American and West Indian foods as well. I roam the aisles looking at all the interesting new-to-me foods, especially the seafood aisles, wondering how to cook it all and have it taste good.
Of my East coast friends, 1 is allergic to fish, 2 hate seafood and 1 is vegetarian. Another east coast acquaintance says that she cannot stand lobster as they grew up poor and because it was plentiful, this is what her family ate for months on end after the season (frozen). Until that conversation it had never occurred to me that it could be anything else but a special treat :oops:

Reactions: 10
We can look forward to future gift grabs when he will, no doubt, be sent stuffed lions; giraffes; elephants; zebras, warthogs; gnus; geckos, and. with any luck, some poisonous snakes and spiders. Maybe he'll get attacked by an ostrich; they might be attracted by his hair and his beanies. Come to think of it, he'll look a bit daft wearing a beanie in the South African summer, but I'd like to see him running away from an ostrich, that would be worth watching!
So made me laugh at there mere thought of that. Then I thought, The Ostrich, the Cameltoe, The witch and The Wardrobe :D thanks for the laugh @Espe. I must say, this thread so far has made my day. Hilarious !!

• Haha
Reactions: 14
So I see Annalise has got herself a job four days a week working at a school? Good for her. Now Dan will have to step up his parental responsibilities.
Looking at this conversely, it could be said that Annalise is stepping up to her share of the financial responsibilities too. It works both ways.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
They're the kind of parents who buy mini range
Anyone seen any Ryan videos recently? I was really bored last night and watched the latest: A Home and A Business for under 50,000 EUROs or some such. Strangely, I actually found it quite interesting 🤔. Ryan seemed subdued which was a blessing and identified 3 possible properties in the Mayenne from Le Bon Coin which all Looked in ok condition, and very reasonably priced. It will be interesting to see if he does actually buy any of the properties he’s looking at, and more importantly whether he tries to scam money out of people to do so? Also, for all those obsessed with others’ teeth, he had braces on his! 👍
Thanks for taking one for the Tattle Team @Pansygirl, we've all dodged a bullet there, glad Ryan was interesting for a change
As for the teeth, it's a shame the dentist didn't wire his gob shut ;)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
We only see a small portion of his day, my husband regularly worked 60 hours a week but he always got home for bath time and to read our children a bedtime story and we used to do things at the weekend as a family as I got all the household stuff done in the week, I wouldn’t say he dodged his parental responsibilities so I think it’s a bit much to think Dan is not pulling his weight

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Even though Sarah is educated, well travelled(so they have said) she certainly comes off as not very worldly. I wonder if she is from the Toronto area or from elsewhere. I wonder how long she has been with Steve.
Not defending her but I would say that she is in the majority to have never tasted caviar. It’s amazing to me that there are so many Canadians that are still meat and potatoes & wouldn’t eat or even try fish or seafood. Give her kiddos for trying! Being from the east coast and brought up on these I’m stunned when I hear an east coaster state they would never eat these delicacies. In my family we just say that’s great more for us!
I think they are from Ontario.

I've never had caviar, no desire to try it, not big on fish, except salmon and tuna. I've never lived on either coast, most of my life on the Prairies. I do love Asian and Indian foods!! :)

Sarah seems very IT nerd like to me, and very down home. She doesn't make for the best on camera presence, but I can't think of any of them I can't find something to critique in one way or another.

Her and Hanni with their IT careers .... that's where the money comes from ... I doubt Steven made the money she did with his graphic arts and painting.

Reactions: 12
Moneygarage tries again. IJ reading fairytales to young SJ now there's a fairytale.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
If this twenty-something young man can do it, surely SJ could too... :rolleyes: especially with all the money that's flowing in.
Edouard Guyot is the name of this young man. The video about his château popped up today on my feed and I watched the whole thing even though it is VERY long. He's very well spoken and the video is subtitled in English.
The undertaking is mammoth, but he's managed to find qualified French artisans who get the job done! Hint hint all of you English-speaking château owners who complain they can't find proper tradesmen in France :mad:

And he’s restoring his Chateau to its historic origin. I really liked the tack room and the oak panels. He’s a very talented young man.

This is the first video that popped up, I posted the Top 50. There was a tour of a Mughal Chateau on this channel which was fantastic as I am enthralled with India.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.