The Chateau Diaries #103 Keep your dreams, SJ. Give everyone else their money back

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Once again, Pa Petherick to the rescue with the Range Rover! What would these boys do without him? And where was Michael? I guess he didn’t want to dirty-up his pure white sneakers. He’s a man of leisure.

54EC3CCB-1668-468D-BFD7-C35131FC67E3.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
@16:05 she pitches Patreon for the first time...

Below are her early YT posts, that appear with each of her vlogs. In the early days she had a difficult time, explaining the purpose of the donations. For a some time, in each vlog statement, she thanked patrons for, "helping with restorations and the making of the vlogs possible". Earlier this summer, such statements were removed. The 3/15/20 statement is still present.

Feb 9, 2020
GLORIOUS CHATEAU ROOMS!
And today I'm making a very exciting announcement - I've launched our Chateau Diaries Patreon Page!!! So there is now an easy way for any of you to become involved in the restoration of a 16th century French chateau. For 15 years I've been bringing the Chateau de Lalande back to life, far from the public eye, and there's still a lot of work ahead. But the overwhelming response that I've received from all of you since starting this vlog has redoubled my energy. Already, the income from the adverts on these videos is funding the restoration of our Chapel of Saint Joseph! Together, there's nothing that we can't achieve

Feb 16, 2020
THE MYSTERY OF THE CHATEAU'S MISSING LAKE!!!
This week I finally answer a question that many of you have asked me - why has the Chateau de Lalande's beautiful lake disappeared? The loss of the lake is something that has upset me very much, and I didn't make this video before because I found it too difficult to talk about it. But, because of the overwhelming support that I receive from all of you, I'm feeling strong enough to face up to the problem and to fight to get the chateau's ancient lake back! This is a huge step for me, and I want to thank everyone who watches this vlog for your incredible emotional support, and a huge thank you to all of you who have become Patrons of the Chateau de Lalande. I only launched our Patreon page 1 week ago and we already have over 100 patrons! Because of you I'll be able to commission a survey (costing several thousand euros), which is the first step in getting the lake back. YAY! It looks as though the dream of getting our lake back looks as though it could become a reality. On behalf of this beautiful chateau that will flourish because of you, thank you!!! If you're interested in become a Patron of The Chateau Diaries, click here:

Mar 12, 2020
#107 CAPE TOWN & THE WINELANDS!
A very special thank you to all of you who have become Patrons of the Chateau de Lalande. I only launched our Patreon page 10 days ago and we already have over 100 patrons! I’ve been overwhelmed by your response, and am planning lots of renovations to the chateau that I’ve been longing to do for years! It’s such an exciting time for all of us here, as work is about to begin on the chapel and the dream of getting our lake back looks as though it could become a reality because of your help. On behalf of this beautiful chateau that will flourish because of you, thank you!!! If you're interested in become a Patron of The Chateau Diaries, click here:

Mar 15, 2020
THE CHATEAU AGAINST THE CORONAVIRUS!
A very special thank you to all of you who have become Patrons of the Chateau de Lalande. As you can imagine, your help means more to me now than ever. Because of you, I'll be able to keep living at Lalande and making videos even though our chambres d'hotes income has been decimated by the coronavirus. I’ve been overwhelmed by your kindness and generosity, On behalf of this beautiful chateau that will continue to survive and flourish because of you, thank you!!! If you're interested in become a Patron of The Chateau Diaries, click here:
Wow that video has so many cuts and joins (sorry not the correct terms, but hope you know what I mean) That would have been a marathon of editing.

Reactions: 14
@KiKiGee thanks for uploading original patreon intro blog. My memory is patreon was established, then the charity foundation set up afterwards. Is that correct?

Reactions: 17
Not to derail.
The Marquis'Fiancee here:

All this talk of South Africa makes me miss that country so much! Marquis and I had just been dating for a few months when my dad invited him to come along with us on our family trip. We went on a safari trip to Kruger National Park in spring 2020. It was my first time and had a wonderful experience! shared a vehicle and guide with a Canadian gentleman who happens to be a wildlife photographer. (Photos below are mine, obviously. :)) A month later, the world went into lockdown.

View attachment 964424
View attachment 964425
View attachment 964426
OK back to Lalande. :);)✌
Yellow hornbills (aka flying bananas), my favourites, I know them from trips to Namibia!

Reactions: 5
Not to derail.

All this talk of South Africa makes me miss that country so much! Marquis and I had just been dating for a few months when my dad invited him to come along with us on our family trip. We went on a safari trip to Kruger National Park in spring 2020. It was my first time and had a wonderful experience! shared a vehicle and guide with a Canadian gentleman who happens to be a wildlife photographer. (Photos below are mine, obviously. :)) A month later, the world went into lockdown.

View attachment 964424

whoa, wait one minute, not so quick! We need to know what the Marquis wore on safari! He may have some tips for PJ!! :)

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Talking of photo editing Curtis states the photographs he took were not airbrushed but used lighting techniques... are airbrushing and photo shopping two different things?
Lying liars and the liars with whom they keep company.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Funny idea ... though Sadie is the last one I'd spend my money to piss on. There are so many others that are far more disserving ....
LOLZ. I meant physically arrange for a tonne of carrots to be delivered. Never in a million years would I give them actual money 🤣

• Haha
Not to derail.

View attachment 964424
View attachment 964425
View attachment 964426
Wasn’t SJ in SA around the same time? 😳

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
LOLZ. I meant physically arrange for a tonne of carrots to be delivered. Never in a million years would I give them actual money 🤣
oh, I understood!! It would take money to do that though!! I'd rather dump a pile of something that hit her brother more directly .... but what? A pile of knock offs?

Once again, Pa Petherick to the rescue with the Range Rover! What would these boys do without him? And where was Michael? I guess he didn’t want to dirty-up his pure white sneakers. He’s a man of leisure.

View attachment 964526
A "Pa Pethrick" cam would be interesting ....

I do wonder why his cottage doesn't appear to have any progress in it. Sadie & Mo went in there to make a phone call and it doesn't look like anything has happened downstairs on a long time.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
No, that would actually be useful to them - I have a much more irritating idea! Why dont we all send one carrot, by post - how amusing would that be, every day having to open mail with one soggy carrot in it - it might send a better message I think!

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Curtis Ryan Backside's video of his photoshoot with Fanny, I couldn't bear the soundtrack. It sounded like the piano music that was played when the old silent movies were shown 100 years ago, particularly for the car chase scenes ! What a load of fawning pretentious twaddle it was anyway, I hope Fanny got a sore bum from posing sitting on the narrow window sill for so long 😂
I kept expecting Charlie Chaplin to scoot past, twiddling his stick and that stiletto was so near to getting stuck in the radiator...I wished it so hard but she stayed upright.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.