The Chateau Diaries #103 Keep your dreams, SJ. Give everyone else their money back

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That would be great however, one of the ideas put forward was that they will drum up as much money as they possibly can. Say they get the total to about 20-30K. They will then add the money they've got waiting as a deposit to this total (via anonymous donors) so that they meet the target, and therefore get to keep all the money from Kickstarter. I honestly wouldn't put it past them. Watch this space.
Great conspiracy theory but it doesn't work.
Kickstarter takes 5% and payment processing fees are 3%+£0.20 per pledge. Dulmar and Tatty would have to pledge about £32,000 before breaking even by paying the rest of the £390,000 from their own pockets. They are currently at £6,716.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Please and thank you, can some wonderful Tattle Lifer post the New Year’s Eve Patreon video?! If possible? Or, did I miss it, already posted? If I missed it, can you direct me to the post?! With thanks. Would like to see it before I go on Safari with Phyllis. . . .

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
Tallulah P is asking about the china being stored in the attic. 😂

The Chateau Diaries
I finally reveal our GLAMOROUS DOWNSTAIRS LOO!!!
Premiered Dec 30, 2021
In the calm after Christmas, we get back to work on the chateau, clearing the porcelain, preparing for Nic and Marie's arrival, getting garden furniture for next summer, and - most importantly - unveiling the downstairs loo!!!

Tallulah P
2 days ago
Question: do you worry about the china cracking and checking in the cold?

ycvs-vN-Z46zjkIpYW4eWP7J=s88-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj.jpg
The Chateau Diaries

16 hours ago
No, I’ve never worried about it. I’ve never seen it crack from cold (except if in contact with water such as a toilet if the water in it freezes)

For the record...
You want to store your fine china at room temperature. Extreme heat and cold can cause fine china to crack and humidity can damage delicate paint details. A climate controlled storage unit will preserve your fine china no matter where you live and no matter what the season is

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
where? what country. I dont follow sport. its got no aubergine or courgettes in it btw. :) its just a tomato based sauce really.
Austria, Germany and probably Switzerland, too. For the Worldcup they made all kind of snacks on Chakalaka basis.

Reactions: 5
Selmar and what's her name's latest is basically an amazon wishlist: this tent, these chairs. It's shaping up to be the The Little Devonshire Victory Garden & Farm Animal Utopia Project, which is still just what's her name's facebook wishlist of things that other people accomplished elsewhere. Please donate.
Selmar: I’ve been to lots of festivals so I know how to run them.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 26
For the record...
A climate controlled storage unit will preserve your fine china no matter where you live and no matter what the season is
Oh, please, don't give her any more ideas for any new grifting "projects" that will never get finished !!! 😝 😝

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
What brooches do you think he will pack?
Depends on what dinner sets he packs.

edit: I love how the fans keep sending them pill boxes. I know it’s not passive aggressive but it would be hilarious.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
Depends on what dinner sets he packs.

edit: I love how the fans keep sending them pill boxes. I know it’s not passive aggressive but it would be hilarious.
I’m still waiting for Jikki’s modified poppers to turn up on GAG. Dying for Phyllis to take a hit and finally realise his inner anal demon

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 13
Curtis Ryan Backside's video of his photoshoot with Fanny, I couldn't bear the soundtrack. It sounded like the piano music that was played when the old silent movies were shown 100 years ago, particularly for the car chase scenes ! What a load of fawning pretentious twaddle it was anyway, I hope Fanny got a sore bum from posing sitting on the narrow window sill for so long 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Great conspiracy theory but it doesn't work.
Kickstarter takes 5% and payment processing fees are 3%+£0.20 per pledge. Dulmar and Tatty would have to pledge about £32,000 before breaking even by paying the rest of the £390,000 from their own pockets. They are currently at £6,716.
Interesting. I thought maybe that's why they were suddenly doing this belated push for more donations. Didn't take into account fees. Still feel it's a scam in some way. There's no way they were ever going to buy that chateau.

Reactions: 10
Curtis Ryan Backside's video of his photoshoot with Fanny, I couldn't bear the soundtrack. It sounded like the piano music that was played when the old silent movies were shown 100 years ago, particularly for the car chase scenes ! What a load of fawning pretentious twaddle it was anyway, I hope Fanny got a sore bum from posing sitting on the narrow window sill for so long 😂
ALL I could think of while watching her prancing around in that yellow gown is........Frozen Nipples!!! 🥶

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Interesting. I thought maybe that's why they were suddenly doing this belated push for more donations. Didn't take into account fees. Still feel it's a scam in some way. There's no way they were ever going to buy that chateau.
It feels like a scam but I think Dulmar and Tatty are just a pair of incompetent dreamers. I can't see Tatty being sharp enough to scam candy from a toddler. If she had half a brain, she wouldn't have picked Dulmar for her purposes in the first place.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
ALL I could think of while watching her prancing around in that yellow gown is........Frozen Nipples!!! 🥶
All I could think was that the gown looked so much better on the original runway model. Or a mannequin. Or just lying on a heap on the floor before Snorts squeezes into it.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I watched the last GAG hitting the 10s skip button every couple seconds, so maybe I missed something. Are the "Chateau the Lalande" t-shirts that Fanny and Antoine are wearing in the last 5 seconds or so a gift sent in this episode, a gift sent in the next one or a bit of a sneak peek of the merch that is to come??
They will be in the next one

Reactions: 2
Poor MPK…realizing that Squirrel will go on safari with his BFF (SJ) while he’s left out in the rain. Over the last year, Snorts got a trip to Barbados, NYC, Italy, and now South Africa. All Michael got was a few days in Paris with SJ. Hope the months-long stay in Madrid was worth it, Michael. All you can do now is stand by and watch as Squirrel has all the fun. Get back to work on the cottage!

View attachment 963899
When we did a lot of job fairs pre-Covid, this is the type of person who would show up. Hasn’t worked for years, no transportation and clearly battling an addiction. Simply heartbreaking. He’s losing his looks, I hope he can do the work and make something of himself.

Reactions: 15
Just watched Ryan's latest .... Dulmar & Tatty should buy that first property he showed and renovate it. Nice and cheap, has land, has a big hanger they can turn into a ball room / event space ....

Or they should work with Marc & Amy at Rosieres and rent it for a festival or 2 a year. It has the property and many buildings ..... seeing Rosieres on Nikki Positano's vlog, with all the aerial shots, it is PARFECT for a medieval event.

I agree with Jikki2, I think that Dulmar & Tatty are incompetent dreamers, VERY delusional. They both think that because SJ has gotten so much money that there is endless people out there who want to give their money to projects. They don't understand that SJ is a unicorn in this area, and in a temporary situation. It might last a couple of years, at best, but what she's got going isn't a long term thing either. I mean, just look at all those who have started their YT channels and Patreon after SJ started, NO one is pulling in her figures, which are actually small compared to what Dulmar & Tatty have gone for. Wanting to raise more money in a couple of months then SJ does in a whole year, that's just insane. I think they really bought into the love for Dulmar they saw in the comments and believe it means a lot more than it does.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
This is EXACTLY what I've been thinking! but that means that they would have to drum up 360-370k to get hold of the pledged 20-30k! If they already have that kind of stash of dosh they would be wise to go and buy themselves a more modest chateau (a doer-upper), which would be far more realistic and sensible!
Maybe Ryan can find them a place with a big yard.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.