The Chateau Diaries #103 Keep your dreams, SJ. Give everyone else their money back

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yessss! Either Sir Snorts isn't going, or even Gerry is sick of Sir Snorts and does not mention his name. That means IJ, the wee Scots and Gerry hate him!

Sir Snorts is going to be left to play with the staff's kids. Or babysat by the staff.
When the aunt and uncle were leaving I heard the uncle saying something about when he goes on safari to Philip

Reactions: 10
Anybody remember the date of that Petit Trianon ball? That was his birthday, well, past midnight.

For all who fears to be the same zodiac sigh as Phyllis, at least you are not a Leo.
(Luckily I was born in a country that goes by the Vedic Astrology dates, so I am actually a Cancer sign - and not a Leo. 🦀🤭)
Shushhhhhhhhhhh you! Some of us Leos are not very happy that Fanny is also one and that we share some similar traits :censored:
My husband is a Libra ( perfect sign match ) so if Snorts is really a Libra, we may be punished for their relationship for even longer than thought:sick:

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
It feels like a scam but I think Dulmar and Tatty are just a pair of incompetent dreamers. I can't see Tatty being sharp enough to scam candy from a toddler. If she had half a brain, she wouldn't have picked Dulmar for her purposes in the first place.
Agree, though one just have to recall Dulmar's Halloween's costume to realise his' true ambitions are to be the king of his own castle... sadly for him his ambitions are beyond his means... or his grifting talents!

Reactions: 13
Thanks for the link @Jikki2 !
Chateau de Lalande is a nonprofit permitted to receive donations to carry out "...activities, exhibitions, events, and cultural events..."
Looks like every party at Lalande is Patreon-funded, not just the renovations. 🍾 🥂 (y) ;)

cd266.png

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
So Humble Opinion Brenda is so far up Stephanie's ass that she's criticizing Sadie's "buy Queenie a carrot" option with no irony whatsoever. She needs to leave Sadie alone. That girl is down to earth as hell and she takes good care of the animals.

Screenshot 2022-01-04 11.10.20 AM.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
So Humble Opinion Brenda is so far up Stephanie's ass that she's criticizing Sadie's "buy Queenie a carrot" option with no irony whatsoever. She needs to leave Sadie alone. That girl is down to earth as hell and she takes good care of the animals.

View attachment 964387
They are funding that horse!! (Sadie has told us it isn't her horse, but the chateau's horse) For pity sake, Sadie had a buy me a coffee for a long time already, she knows it brings in a bit of money, nothing like what is needed to finance a horse. It literally is JUST for buying carrots. She's raised 875 Euros so far ... since Queenie, and prior to that she received 1680 Euros on her buy me a coffee. It's like a tip jar really.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
They are funding that horse!! (Sadie has told us it isn't her horse, but the chateau's horse) For pity sake, Sadie had a buy me a coffee for a long time already, she knows it brings in a bit of money, nothing like what is needed to finance a horse. It literally is JUST for buying carrots. She's raised 875 Euros so far ...
Nothing with that Trotter family is JUST for buying carrots. They were probably hoping for (quite) a bit more...

Reactions: 27

View attachment 964387
Aw, that could be applied to Steph and support squirrel. A squirrel is for life not just YouTube.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Nothing with that Trotter family is JUST for buying carrots. They were probably hoping for (quite) a bit more...
I edited after your comment, Queenie is pulling in more than she had before, but she only had 1680 Euros from buy me a coffee before that. She's not making piles off that, it's like a tip jar. There is no way it's going to fund the care of a horse.

Reactions: 9
Not to derail.
The Marquis'Fiancee here:

All this talk of South Africa makes me miss that country so much! Marquis and I had just been dating for a few months when my dad invited him to come along with us on our family trip. We went on a safari trip to Kruger National Park in spring 2020. It was my first time and had a wonderful experience! shared a vehicle and guide with a Canadian gentleman who happens to be a wildlife photographer. (Photos below are mine, obviously. :)) A month later, the world went into lockdown.

kruger3.png

kruger2.png

kruger1.png

OK back to Lalande. :);)✌

• Heart
Reactions: 40
Thanks for the link @Jikki2 !
Chateau de Lalande is a nonprofit permitted to receive donations to carry out "...activities, exhibitions, events, and cultural events..."
Looks like every party at Lalande is Patreon-funded, not just the renovations. 🍾 🥂 (y) ;)

View attachment 964375
@16:05 she pitches Patreon for the first time...

Below are her early YT posts, that appear with each of her vlogs. In the early days she had a difficult time, explaining the purpose of the donations. For a some time, in each vlog statement, she thanked patrons for, "helping with restorations and the making of the vlogs possible". Earlier this summer, such statements were removed. The 3/15/20 statement is still present.

Feb 9, 2020
GLORIOUS CHATEAU ROOMS!
And today I'm making a very exciting announcement - I've launched our Chateau Diaries Patreon Page!!! So there is now an easy way for any of you to become involved in the restoration of a 16th century French chateau. For 15 years I've been bringing the Chateau de Lalande back to life, far from the public eye, and there's still a lot of work ahead. But the overwhelming response that I've received from all of you since starting this vlog has redoubled my energy. Already, the income from the adverts on these videos is funding the restoration of our Chapel of Saint Joseph! Together, there's nothing that we can't achieve

Feb 16, 2020
THE MYSTERY OF THE CHATEAU'S MISSING LAKE!!!
This week I finally answer a question that many of you have asked me - why has the Chateau de Lalande's beautiful lake disappeared? The loss of the lake is something that has upset me very much, and I didn't make this video before because I found it too difficult to talk about it. But, because of the overwhelming support that I receive from all of you, I'm feeling strong enough to face up to the problem and to fight to get the chateau's ancient lake back! This is a huge step for me, and I want to thank everyone who watches this vlog for your incredible emotional support, and a huge thank you to all of you who have become Patrons of the Chateau de Lalande. I only launched our Patreon page 1 week ago and we already have over 100 patrons! Because of you I'll be able to commission a survey (costing several thousand euros), which is the first step in getting the lake back. YAY! It looks as though the dream of getting our lake back looks as though it could become a reality. On behalf of this beautiful chateau that will flourish because of you, thank you!!! If you're interested in become a Patron of The Chateau Diaries, click here:

Mar 12, 2020
#107 CAPE TOWN & THE WINELANDS!
A very special thank you to all of you who have become Patrons of the Chateau de Lalande. I only launched our Patreon page 10 days ago and we already have over 100 patrons! I’ve been overwhelmed by your response, and am planning lots of renovations to the chateau that I’ve been longing to do for years! It’s such an exciting time for all of us here, as work is about to begin on the chapel and the dream of getting our lake back looks as though it could become a reality because of your help. On behalf of this beautiful chateau that will flourish because of you, thank you!!! If you're interested in become a Patron of The Chateau Diaries, click here:

Mar 15, 2020
THE CHATEAU AGAINST THE CORONAVIRUS!
A very special thank you to all of you who have become Patrons of the Chateau de Lalande. As you can imagine, your help means more to me now than ever. Because of you, I'll be able to keep living at Lalande and making videos even though our chambres d'hotes income has been decimated by the coronavirus. I’ve been overwhelmed by your kindness and generosity, On behalf of this beautiful chateau that will continue to survive and flourish because of you, thank you!!! If you're interested in become a Patron of The Chateau Diaries, click here:

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
Maybe we should send them carrots instead of money,if they need so many.
Those freaks should buy their own carrots, or better yet, grow their own!
Sadie and Sherrie should kick themselves out of their sedentary existence and work the ground.
What a complete waste of 10 acres of walled garden!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
They are funding that horse!! (Sadie has told us it isn't her horse, but the chateau's horse) For pity sake, Sadie had a buy me a coffee for a long time already, she knows it brings in a bit of money, nothing like what is needed to finance a horse. It literally is JUST for buying carrots. She's raised 875 Euros so far ... since Queenie, and prior to that she received 1680 Euros on her buy me a coffee. It's like a tip jar really.
Carrots cost 1,19€/kg at Sadie's local supermarket.
875€ buys 735kg of carrots.
There's an average of 15 carrots in a kilogram.
That's 11025 carrots.
A horse should not eat more than one, maybe two carrots per day.
Sadie has raised enough money to feed Queenie carrots for the next 15 to 30 years (y)

Can you tell I have time in my hands?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 59
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.