The Chateau Diaries #102 Happy Loo Year, Fanny! The Bleu Loogoon Ain’t Finished Yet!”

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It seems that Fanny became a Super Spendaholic when Mummy went back to SA .

Snorts is a " Spendaholic On Other Peoples Money" and he made her worse !!
Yes he's always finding things for her to buy, & she's like a naughty little girl playing up while Mummies away. The horrible dirty old bed crown and the Murano chandelier are two major purchases he found maybe the paneling too. Wonder if he's getting a cut from the dealers.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
I think it’s entirely possible there’s not much money left because so many projects have been started.
Still, a lot is coming in each month and probably will be coming in for a while, so she's not in any financial trouble. Yet. But when Monsieur Tax comes knocking, she might have to dip in her reserves and if there's still some justice, even that might not be enough. Definitely troubled waters at her shittoo.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
Ruth might not like to be heard, she always makes sure she is. A loudmouth if ever there was one, always stoking fires when it's burning already. Maybe that's why SJ likes her: she can do with the heath.

I think the problem will be that the family will like him too much. He is very likable. They might put the pressure cooker in Nutty's corner to hang on to him, while he probably wants out of that relationship already, being the player he is. She might have to blindfold him on their trip and keep him on a very short leash.
Nutti reminds me of a girl I once knew who was after a pretty hot dude I had business dealings with. She worked with him and followed him around like a puppy. You could see the fear on her that if she didn’t follow his ass everywhere she’d lose him or something. She’d also look at other women when he was talking to them like she wanted to burn holes in them with her eyes. Very weird girl. She got him in the end and years later, she’s still following him around like a puppy.

Ever since Anne Marie showed up Natti has been hovering. It’s like she’s scared to leave him alone in the kitchen with the other ladies. She’s also always in the shop. Like, yeah sure you like the shop. I think he just wanted to have his “needs” covered while he’s there. She might think she’s got him, but you don’t make it to his age single unless there’s something wrong. Dated plenty of “that”. He seems like a nice enough guy though, definitely good f-buddy material.

Reactions: 29
And that latest monstrosity..that gardenset...about 2000 euro, all those narniacupboards...the attic renovation...i bet there is so much more she even hasnt shown...

When you have a lott of guests at the house..not paying....the costs of food and drink is enormous..also the washing, cleaning, water, electricity.. and heating places you normally dont need to heat... The amount of booze and champagne they drink..

and you know..a lott of small expensis also make a huge amount in the end..,

I also think Nic and Potts would like to to see some money back..for all the years they payed for her..now she is grifting a lott..and seeing her spending it like water....they also know she isnt capable with money...and if this whole circus stops, and the money is gone..she ends up at their doorstep again..

and another thing...i am not crazy with money..very carefull i can say...and seeing what everything costs these days..it still amazes me how much money we still spend...and we dont even travel much..and the house in France pays for itself...
Thank you. I think that a lot of us have been waiting for your imput.

Reactions: 21
ok. If you say so, then I’ll trust you…

but don’t forget, my highly advanced detective skills never fail me…

View attachment 958286
morning from this side of the world. :) Im doing my usual going backwards in the pages lol - ok so help me find the Durban volg which shows the house on the beach. Im almost sure it was 2020 - I dont know why but Southport comes to mind, I also dont know why this vlog is bugging my tiny mind. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Reactions: 9
morning from this side of the world. :) Im doing my usual going backwards in the pages lol - ok so help me find the Durban volg which shows the house on the beach. Im almost sure it was 2020 - I dont know why but Southport comes to mind, I also dont know why this vlog is bugging my tiny mind. :rolleyes::rolleyes:
It's in Southbroom

Reactions: 16
It's in Southbroom
oh fantastic! I have no idea why that Southport (UK) kept coming to mind. Someone at the time posted the comments of people who had rented the house, and I remember, lots of dirt and broken things and torn bedding etc., thanks Clara !!!

Reactions: 8
I imagine Nick may be angry that his 450k investment 17 years ago, plus monthly extras has been valued at 800k and sliding backwards. Yes he was paid 40k by Potts. However the inhabitable nature of the property would be infuriating. Remember a recent patreon superfan commented in a vlog on the lack of running water in their room’s toilet.

Reactions: 33
I imagine Nick may be angry that his 450k investment 17 years ago, plus monthly extras has been valued at 800k and sliding backwards. Yes he was paid 40k by Potts. However the inhabitable nature of the property would be infuriating. Remember a recent patreon superfan commented in a vlog on the lack of running water in their room’s toilet.
I’ll bet the reason why it’s only just worth the same is because there isn’t a lake there anymore. That would be Stephanie’s fault.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
He may well be angry at the squandering, waste, luxury travel, lack of progress, filth, general cr@p and tat everywhere, decorating disasters and total non-stop chaos, but what the hell did he expect?

He's known her for long enough and must surely know where her priorities lie.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
This may have been answered before and I missed it...but as I was venting to my son today about how this $30,000/mo. doesn't seem to be financing much renovation, he said that if it is coming through Patreon it is considered a "donation" and Stephanie does not have to legally justify how she chooses to spend it, even if she promised her patrons it would be spent on certain things it would not be fraud for her to spend it all on dishes, clothes and travel if she wanted. He's only 20 (so, of course, he knows everything!), but can that possibly be true??!

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
@sadie2 it is not patreon per se that is the problem. She established a charity foundation on the advice of the Pethericks using their accountant. The purpose of the charity foundation is the restoration of the chateau. A charity pays less tax.
SJ has likely not kept the BnB income, patreon income, YouTube income x 2, seperate. Likely All goes into one big bank account.

Reactions: 27
Girlfriend, this happened to me nearly 8 years ago, it was my first major change, I could hardly eat, lost 50 pounds, I couldn't cry, I lost my sense of humour, it paralyzed me. I had NO idea anxiety was part of this time of change. Seeing my doctor for some medication and massive amounts of journaling and walking and talking myself through things ... though it was only severe for about 6 months, it took me YEARS to recover a sense of myself again.
I’m thinking the same is happening to me I all of a sudden had really bad anxiety & had to take time off work, on medication now which has really helped!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I’m thinking the same is happening to me I all of a sudden had really bad anxiety & had to take time off work, on medication now which has really helped!
I’ve been affected badly this year, change in hrt is starting to help. It’s not an easy time to get through without medication, unless you are very lucky.

@HalcyonOrganic I’m getting concerned about your love for the bad boy metherick! This came up on my youtube playlist, so I thought I’d try and put pretty dancing boys in your head instead, as a New Year Palate cleanser

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
He may well be angry at the squandering, waste, luxury travel, lack of progress, filth, general cr@p and tat everywhere, decorating disasters and total non-stop chaos, but what the hell did he expect?

He's known her for long enough and must surely know where her priorities lie.
And don't forget - I'm pretty sure HE WAS THE ONE! she said that they GAVE her AS A GIFT a ticket on the orient express!! What's that 30k? For a few days?? I think 3 or 4?? Ya... no.... somethings not right- UNLESS they are a thruple!

• Wow
  • Haha
At this time of the year we all like to reflect on the year that’s past. And as I gather my belongings for my move to Paris next week I stumbled across this treasured postcard from dearest SJ. Awww such fond memories - still smells of her parfum. I did get it 6 months late though….

9172AA56-CEF0-4017-BF56-1AF3BD785664.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 30
A similar journey to my own. I watched from a distance for a few months but the recent gift grabs have appalled me. I agree with most of your assessments, except for Marie who I thought was a tad disturbed from the start and not as ethereal as painted and Phillip, who I think knows exactly what he is doing..carving a vlog name for himself on SJ's shoulders. Happy New Year to one and all from Australia.
Hi Princess Pussycat! Impressed that Patreon & vlog channels can potentially sustain so many of them. Just waiting for the peacocks to start a channel now. Be amazed if Phillip can sustain an audience for table settings and discussing his grandparents bless him - but all for him trying. Marie is v talented so I'm interested in watching her floral work and beautifully filmed.

Reactions: 10
Totally agree. Sir Snorts had watched plenty of ETTC:DIY and her vlogs so he knew what he was up to. His arrival was in her vlog! He didn't wait for a few hours.

With peri-menopause, you are hit with extreme anxiety (I was bedridden for a month until a friend told me to go to my doctor).
Well peri-menopause can be different for everyone. I will tell you that sweating is the most common thing. Night sweats especially. I will say it's ALL hell and currently not understood at all. It's the same with most of women's health🤯

Thanks for this I was actually wondering what were all the things that have been done. I'll add new insulated doors for the entrance hall , new mower and digger for property work.
And yet the doors still have the crappy hardware on them. It's like she is PHYSICALLY INCAPABLE of finishing a project. Most irksome and ZERO responsibility with... or for.... anything. Yup - she never SOLD her apartment so, unless she had two.... and nope, she just fkuta about and says: oh well!! Tee hee hee😑

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
At this time of the year we all like to reflect on the year that’s past. And as I gather my belongings for my move to Paris next week I stumbled across this treasured postcard from dearest SJ. Awww such fond memories - still smells of her parfum. I did get it 6 months late though….

View attachment 960097
maybe you should cancel the number too, just in case (!!!) SJ did keep track of her correspondence?

Reactions: 6
A little OT... What makes British "banter" any different than the formulaic American sitcoms filled with comedic putdowns and insults? I'm legitimately curious.
The same for the French humour.

I can not see any difference between the British humour and the French humour between close friends and relatives.

To our British Tartlets friends : don't worry. I scroll, I scroll, I scroll when I see some avatars 😅

And I certainly won't make a generalisation (I know the British or English or American or Irish culture more than some here can think).

Let's move on !

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.