The Body Coach #2 Joe gets right on my wicks

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They're too busy trying to prove the point that your child will eat what you give them if you otherwise starve them and do not allow any other option. And encouraging other parents to justify it to themselves that the kids 'aren't hungry' if they refuse - so if they are hungry enough they will eat it.
It's disordered eating. It's extreme.
We all want our children to eat well and get a good balance of nutrients, but children are in fact wonderfully capable of eating intuitively if given the chance. It's why we feed on demand and they self regulate their milk initially and they will continue to do with food if allowed.
The issue is that they are feeding Indie in an orthorexic way. If it's not "healthy" - she doesn't eat.
And it's easy to think that you can train your children in this way, but actually it just creates problems with forbidden foods. It's why Joe binges and has such a carb frenzy, which he loves to document so that we know he's 'normal' - read, he is anything but. Because he restricts himself.
And he restricts his child. And his wife - toddler portions to an adult woman who we are told is breastfeeding. Because aesthetics are more important to him. "Rosie's body is fire" remember.
If they gave Indie the freedom to choose, and unconditional permission to eat a range of foods, both nutrient-dense and perhaps some less-so, she would likely have a bit of everything. And eating in moderation is the key to a healthy relationship with food.
They don't however, they control it to the last letter, even restricting her access to berries because they recognise she likes them and she would choose them over 'x' or 'y' that they're trying to force her to eat.
If they were just doing this to their own child then there's little you can say, but they are influencers, advising others this is the 'way to do it' and even money spinning it into a book. I know they have a nutritionist on board, but it's not the food I take issue with necessarily, the lack of variety is an issue. I offer all the same foods to my kid, every veg, eggs, porridge, fruit, fish - along with a ton of others as she has open access to all foods and she will equally choose an apple to a bit of chocolate. Depending on how she feels. It's the controlling behaviour that bothers me.
Diet Culture. Start them young!

• Heart
Reactions: 26
They're too busy trying to prove the point that your child will eat what you give them if you otherwise starve them and do not allow any other option. And encouraging other parents to justify it to themselves that the kids 'aren't hungry' if they refuse - so if they are hungry enough they will eat it.
It's disordered eating. It's extreme.
We all want our children to eat well and get a good balance of nutrients, but children are in fact wonderfully capable of eating intuitively if given the chance. It's why we feed on demand and they self regulate their milk initially and they will continue to do with food if allowed.
The issue is that they are feeding Indie in an orthorexic way. If it's not "healthy" - she doesn't eat.
And it's easy to think that you can train your children in this way, but actually it just creates problems with forbidden foods. It's why Joe binges and has such a carb frenzy, which he loves to document so that we know he's 'normal' - read, he is anything but. Because he restricts himself.
And he restricts his child. And his wife - toddler portions to an adult woman who we are told is breastfeeding. Because aesthetics are more important to him. "Rosie's body is fire" remember.
If they gave Indie the freedom to choose, and unconditional permission to eat a range of foods, both nutrient-dense and perhaps some less-so, she would likely have a bit of everything. And eating in moderation is the key to a healthy relationship with food.
They don't however, they control it to the last letter, even restricting her access to berries because they recognise she likes them and she would choose them over 'x' or 'y' that they're trying to force her to eat.
If they were just doing this to their own child then there's little you can say, but they are influencers, advising others this is the 'way to do it' and even money spinning it into a book. I know they have a nutritionist on board, but it's not the food I take issue with necessarily, the lack of variety is an issue. I offer all the same foods to my kid, every veg, eggs, porridge, fruit, fish - along with a ton of others as she has open access to all foods and she will equally choose an apple to a bit of chocolate. Depending on how she feels. It's the controlling behaviour that bothers me.
Diet Culture. Start them young!
I do agree with what you say. Most nutritionists and PTs I've seen online say it's better to eat little and often rather than three big meals. My daughter has snacks, but just not massive ones and generally we have no issue with evening meals. Before 18 months my daughter didn't really know what ice cream, chocolate and biscuits were. She was happy with frozen yogurt and rice crackers, however when she turned 18 months she started to notice the difference, so I started letting her have some when we do. It's not very often, but I don't want them to be considered as a forbidden food. Indie's at that age now, so things may change. Many of Indie's meals just seem to be all mashed together, surely she needs to eat vegetables individually too, otherwise they could get issues with her later on. I also saw someone had asked advice about their child not eating vegetables and SR Nutrition replied saying something about putting them in porridge and I think another meal like omelette, doesn't really help if your child won't eat a roast dinner or another simple veg based meal like sausage, mash and veg. The majority of Indie's veg is hidden in stuff, besides the odd meal.

Reactions: 5
So joe gets lots of advice from that sr nutrition just looked at her Instagram page and she has just posted that this was her sons 1st birthday cake 🙄🙄 I actually think it’s so sad a child can’t have a normal birthday cake covered in icing and some chocolate buttons 🤷‍♀️
15B6D603-5849-45D6-9A8E-F43535D9780A.png

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
So joe gets lots of advice from that sr nutrition just looked at her Instagram page and she has just posted that this was her sons 1st birthday cake 🙄🙄 I actually think it’s so sad a child can’t have a normal birthday cake covered in icing and some chocolate buttons 🤷‍♀️View attachment 81054
That’s awful. My daughters had a blueberry muffin for breakfast in her first birthday with a candle in it 😆 then god knows how much cake later in the day. And you know what, she wasn’t broken by it! The next day she had a lovely Sunday lunch, no drama, and was back to eating 1638 raisins a day 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 10
Thread suggestion:
Spending his money on fancy new lights, his disordered eating is reaching new heights

So joe gets lots of advice from that sr nutrition just looked at her Instagram page and she has just posted that this was her sons 1st birthday cake 🙄🙄 I actually think it’s so sad a child can’t have a normal birthday cake covered in icing and some chocolate buttons 🤷‍♀️View attachment 81054
its sad isn't it! One day out of their life eating a lovely bit of Victoria sponge or chocolate cake is not gonna ruin their eating forever!

my ex SIL was like this so controllingwith what her children ate (whilst wolfing down chocolateand cakes behind their backs).
my nieces 1st birthday party she put a mat down and they emptied food onto it for them to grab..pitta hummus veg sticks and olives..and none of the kids were allowed any of the cake!

i didnt have kids at the time but it thought it was weird .. ( kids party food to me was sandwich, few crisp , few carrots cucumber sticks ,cheese & pineapple, party sausages and few strawberries some cakes or biscuits) i told a mum at work about it who said her daughter would have asked where the proper party food was if she'd have been there lol !

• Sad
Reactions: 3
its sad isn't it! One day out of their life eating a lovely bit of Victoria sponge or chocolate cake is not gonna ruin their eating forever!

my ex SIL was like this so controllingwith what her children ate (whilst wolfing down chocolateand cakes behind their backs).
my nieces 1st birthday party she put a mat down and they emptied food onto it for them to grab..pitta hummus veg sticks and olives..and none of the kids were allowed any of the cake!

i didnt have kids at the time but it thought it was weird .. ( kids party food to me was sandwich, few crisp , few carrots cucumber sticks ,cheese & pineapple, party sausages and few strawberries some cakes or biscuits) i told a mum at work about it who said her daughter would have asked where the proper party food was if she'd have been there lol !
My sister in law is like that especially with her first, he wasn’t allowed any chocolate sweets ice cream cakes but she fed him all the baby treats, the only drinks he was allowed was milk or water . Never had McDonald’s till he was 4. Is a really fussy eater. Her 2nd is allowed all
Of this now and has had a happy meal before and was 2! The oldest loves sweets now n ice cream with choc sauce. Her plan was to only have him: them eat healthy food! Even has frozen food now, where’s before it was fresh fish etc not fish fingers!

Reactions: 2
My sister in law is like that especially with her first, he wasn’t allowed any chocolate sweets ice cream cakes but she fed him all the baby treats, the only drinks he was allowed was milk or water . Never had McDonald’s till he was 4. Is a really fussy eater. Her 2nd is allowed all
Of this now and has had a happy meal before and was 2! The oldest loves sweets now n ice cream with choc sauce. Her plan was to only have him: them eat healthy food! Even has frozen food now, where’s before it was fresh fish etc not fish fingers!
Where we not all a bit like this with our first though 😂 Number 3 gets fish fingers the same as his big brothers otherwise there would be a riot 🤪

I think to be fair Indie does have the odd treat she has had mini milks and ice cream before and I'm sure dark chocolate (who gives a kid dark chocolate !) And when mine were small I would limit that kind of thing because they didn't know any better and were happy with yoghurt so may as well stick with the healthier while you can.

He makes way to big a deal about it when she does get a treat though !

Reactions: 4
I honestly have no words!!! What is wrong with people???🤦🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 1
I am so glad I weaned my baby daughter and feed her without his and SR nutritions ‘advice’.
Said this before and il say it again that SR nutrition is very annoying and also her child has a phone shoved in his face at meal times!

I’m totally for babies being weaned properly and I home cooked everything for my babies and they didn’t have sugary things all the time if at all ! BUT joe wicks and SR Nutrition are taking it way way too far !! It’s like they measure their ability to be good parents by the amount of Kale they get their kids to eat !!
I followed the Annabel Karmel books and they are much more balanced than these two !

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Not a single AD on stories when promoting his book. 🤨
Or on his Gousto stories.
SR Nutrition is a control freak who needs to get a life. That ‘cake’ makes me sad. What are they going to do when their kids go to parties in two years time and get given those sweetie cones?!

Reactions: 8
Or on his Gousto stories.
SR Nutrition is a control freak who needs to get a life. That ‘cake’ makes me sad. What are they going to do when their kids go to parties in two years time and get given those sweetie cones?!
i think I'm going to start reporting him to the ASA , he will probably eat the sweeties for himself and not let indie have any 🤣 wanker

Reactions: 4
Not a single AD on stories when promoting his book. 🤨
He doesn’t actually need to tag his own book as an AD (although any Gousto ads do need tagging)

There was some CMA/ASA clarification that products such as books or songs, things that are blatantly their own product of that nature are obviously self-promotional and therefore don’t require #AD.

However, businesses they are involved in do need tagging as #AD, so gousto does need declaring properly because he has a relationship with the business as an investor if not a traditional sponsored posting.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.