The Body Coach #2 Joe gets right on my wicks

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

No juicy burger and chips for Indie. Pretty sure she only carried on eating it was because she was starving.

Reactions: 2
He's so obsessive with it! Inspecting her bowl and checking and reporting exactly how much she's eaten, it's weird he does treat her like an experiment and book material, not his loved and adored first born

Reactions: 14
I think the way he exercises before meals and is so restrictive with his kid shows he's not got a healthy relationship with food at all. Wouldn't be taking nutritional advice from a man who is clearly struggling to find a healthy balance himself.

Reactions: 12
Aww sorry Boutros I didn't mean to be judgy, they were definitely 'of their time', I'm sure if I was a youth at that time I'd have had one too

I think the way he exercises before meals and is so restrictive with his kid shows he's not got a healthy relationship with food at all. Wouldn't be taking nutritional advice from a man who is clearly struggling to find a healthy balance himself.
I bet money he binges on food when no one is around. Deffo has food issues...

Reactions: 11
He seems to restrict, exercise a lot, then binge, then back to restricting. So unhealthy.

Reactions: 5
I think it's disturbing how fixated and restrictive he is with a child's food. It's borderline abusive. Food should not be demonized or glorified. It's good, it's sustenance. He's acting like his kid has an eating disorder and needs her food monitoring.

Reactions: 11
Yeah, it is abusive and disgusting. I read of a parent who in her house she refuses to label food "good or bad", it is just food. If you want a pizza, etc, it is ok to have one. It is about balance.

Reactions: 7
My friend's dad was abusive. One of the things he used to do was try to force feed them and then put them to bed hungry if they didn't eat their dinner. I can sort of understand not offering alternatives to an older child, but he was doing this when they were babies and toddlers. I think it's eerily similar.

Reactions: 2
Shes a baby for god sake. She cannot talk. She is growing daily. She needs fat and different types of food. She is learning and taking everything in. This is borderline abuse imo.
How she is being treated atm with her diet will have an effect if it carries on. I mean who is this obsessed with what their toddler eats? Its so strange...

Reactions: 8
I really think they have to be careful with this whole letting Indie sit on the work top and now stirring hot porridge.Im all for getting kids involved in the kitchen I’ve always done lots of baking and my kids love it BUT I would never let them sit on the work top or be near the hot stove we bake on the kitchen table away from everything ! It’s all well and good when he is their but what if Indie decides to get up on the work top herself as she doesn’t realise it’s wrong and grabs a knife or something hot !!

I agree Rosie is beautiful and has a stunning body ! Good for her she made a career out of it and lots of money if i looked like her I would do the same

Reactions: 6
Also talk about disrespect to the nana and grandad saying she spat the first mouthful out is disgust. Word it better along the lines of 'she wasnt sure first but enjoyed it in the end'

Reactions: 3
He's been super quiet the last few days. Maybe all isn't rosy in the Wicks household.

The way he feeds Indie is bordering on orthorexic. It genuinely concerns me. Even more so that he's selling it as a legitimate routine to follow, and something to aim for is pretty abhorrent.
He often goes on about wanting to 'gentle parent' but this style of controlling food intake and eating is polar opposite to gentle. It's extremely authoritarian and he is packaging up disordered eating as the way to a healthy lifestyle.
It ain't.
It will be interesting when Indie gets a little older and starts to push more boundaries. She won't be this compliant forever.

Reactions: 7
So theres no gas in the house for the next few days and its freezing? If that happened to my house and we had a newborn and a young toddler we would go and stay with family until it was back on. Surely with his money he can stay in a hotel or get and air bnb in the area?

Reactions: 13
I hope his latest posts are pre recorded because there is no excuse to give your toddler her lunch at 10 to 4!

Reactions: 4
Someone in the comments said he has his own range of silicone muffin cups.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.