Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Horatio

VIP Member
Life. Isn’t. Fair.

Sometimes, quotes are bullllllllshiiiiit
You’re gonna be told “be thankful for your struggles, you learn from them” bla bla bla
“Sometimes you need to break in order to grow” ALL that type of crap.

But it’s not always true. Sometimes when you face crap in life you don’t “learn” from it or “grow” from it.
You just deal with it and make the best of a really shit situation.
Things don’t always work out. In life we’re not guaranteed it will. Not everyone gets a happy ending.
Once you accept that you can get on with the hand you’ve been dealt.

Stay tuned for more positive advice and messages. I’m hoping one day Alfie Deyes plasters my comments on his gym wall.
Totally. Add "everything happens for a reason" in response to something awful. No, there's no reason yet another sad or tragic thing happened to this person as opposed to all these people who haven't had a single bad thing happen in their life. It's totally and utterly random and unfair and it doesn't make you a better or even.stronger person to have suffered. I REALLY hate "everything happens for a reason." That's probably the worst piece of advice you could give anyone.

Reactions: 4

KateESJ

VIP Member
Totally. Add "everything happens for a reason" in response to something awful. No, there's no reason yet another sad or tragic thing happened to this person as opposed to all these people who haven't had a single bad thing happen in their life. It's totally and utterly random and unfair and it doesn't make you a better or even.stronger person to have suffered. I REALLY hate "everything happens for a reason." That's probably the worst piece of advice you could give anyone.
Got told that multiple times after my son died. Hate it so much. And “he’s in a better place now.”

Fuckkk that shit.

• Sad
Reactions: 4

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
Never go to bed on an argument.
Tomorrow is a new day..... designed for new arguments 😎

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 3

Itsallaboutmememe

Chatty Member
My dads pearls of wisdom

always put anything of value in your trouser pocket
Let’s face it-it’s one hell of an emergency if you manage to lose them!

never give a child the spoon-have some control

choose your arguments carefully-if it doesn’t matter in five years,it doesn’t matter now

wise man,my dad lol

• Heart

Yoghurtpots

VIP Member
When somebody told me "everything happens for a reason" three days after my dad died, I stopped speaking to them.
Omg! How can anybody ever say that at that time!! What good can come from that. What a clumsy and hurtful thing to say. I hope you're ok xx

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
(I try to follow this one - though not always easy to take your own advice) - Don't keep living a half life and not fully allowing yourself to enjoy it until you are 'thinner' 'have more money to have nicer clothes, makeup' etc.
I look back at photos where at the time I thought I was revolting and think wtaf was I worrying about. But can't for some reason apply that logic to my state of mind now. Something I have to keep working on.

Deepsigh2018

VIP Member
A promise is a comfort to a fool

If a jobs worth doing its worth doing well

Mind your own business. Im a big fan of this one but in the case of I like to know peoples business as im nosy and pass comment on it which is why im on here haha but I don't actively go out of my way to insert myself into dramas that don't concern me.

Drink water its great for the skin and general health

Reactions: 2

Lars Guinard

VIP Member
Bless and let go. Whatever the situation, make peace with it and release it from your life, saves you dwelling on it. I try to do the five positive points from a negative situation ‘star method’.
Eliminate the negative. If someone/something does not enhance your life in a positive way then give it up. Swap listening to a negative phone call about the same thing from the same person to a positive hobby.
Don’t let someone live in your head rent free. While you are still thinking about what you should have said 2 months ago, they have moved on. They are not bothered.
All of this seems related in a way and I should apply the last one more effectively in my life but I am still not over Meldrum’s Liftgate/JC and Tati/insert recent YT drama here. ;)

1. Worrying is like sitting in a rocking chair - it's fun to do for 10 minutes, but it won't get you anywhere.
2. This too shall pass
3. A life lived in fear, is a life half lived
4. Don't eat yellow snow.

Moonstone

I'll have to come back to this thread but here's a simple piece of advice that I received - always wear sunscreen on your face! Think of it as the 'primer' before you do your makeup or just wear it by itself after your moisturizer.

I see so many of these 'influencers' that skip this step and it drives me nuts []

Don't compare yourself to other people. There life might not be a happy and as wonderful as it seems 😊
People only allow you to see what they want you to see.

(Instagram)

StarryEyed

Chatty Member
Work out how important people’s opinion of you matter, if their opinions do matter then make the effort. But also if someone hates you but they aren’t important to you then ignore them, don’t waste energy on irrelevant people and you will have more time/energy to put into the relationships that actually do matter

Actions speak louder than words. Watch what people do, don’t listen to what they say.

(When debating sale items) If you liked it that much, you would’ve paid full price for it

Time waits for no one. The time to act is now.

• Heart