The Beckhams

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You have to remain in full time education or be in a vocational apprenticeship until you're 18 now legally.
Not in Scotland I don’t think because my daughter is 18 at the end of this month and some of her mates left after 4th year without anywhere to go to.

Reactions: 4
Their children have been wheeled out as brand accessories since they were born. I don’t know whether they D&V accept they are ordinary (probably lovely) kids. Is it a brand decision to try to set up them up as sports stars/singing stars/photographers instead of just letting them be or are they so desperate to extend their brand.

DB endorsement deals must be slowing so VB’s vanity project can’t stay open much longer unless a buyer can be found. I wonder why he’s ‘buying’ an apparttment - surely a soccer franchise owner would have a grace and favour apartment. More smoke and mirrors.

most of the numbers quotes in deals are complete bullshit anyway. Forbes have just exposed Kylie Jenner.

Reactions: 8
They don't live in Scotland.

....or Wales.
I know but it’s just because you said that you have to remain in school or education now and I assumed you meant the whole of the UK.

Very true - as I do live in wales I wasn’t aware that the rule was different in England, you learn something new every day
[/QUOTE

Scotland has its own rules, did you know that in Scotland then we don’t pay for our prescriptions regardless of your income! Scotland is often forgotten about when people say UK, lots of English folks think London is the UK as do many Americans!

Reactions: 3
I think she will use the virus as an excuse to close the business. Impossible to carry on after the huge losses as they had to stay closed.

Reactions: 9
I think she will use the virus as an excuse to close the business. Impossible to carry on after the huge losses as they had to stay closed.
Her clothes are ridiculously over priced for many of us, and many items are almost unwearable.
if I had money to waste on designer clothing - I would at least buy classic pieces, that would be timeless. I had a look at the VB clothing website last year. Lots of horrid polyester items, bizarre shapes and colours.

Reactions: 11
Her clothes are ridiculously over priced for many of us, and many items are almost unwearable.
if I had money to waste on designer clothing - I would at least buy classic pieces, that would be timeless. I had a look at the VB clothing website last year. Lots of horrid polyester items, bizarre shapes and colours.
I agree and think it is already in big financial problems. What I meant was rather than admitting it failed, she will blame the virus for its collapse

Reactions: 9
Her dresses are awful! They look like a cross between a tent and a curtain and they’re rectangular!!

This is £990 in Harrods! Did VB slog her guys out at Fashion college for years to get this status and price?! No she bloody didn’t, bleeping cheek!!!

Attachments

Reactions: 8
Their children have been wheeled out as brand accessories since they were born. I don’t know whether they D&V accept they are ordinary (probably lovely) kids. Is it a brand decision to try to set up them up as sports stars/singing stars/photographers instead of just letting them be or are they so desperate to extend their brand.

DB endorsement deals must be slowing so VB’s vanity project can’t stay open much longer unless a buyer can be found. I wonder why he’s ‘buying’ an apparttment - surely a soccer franchise owner would have a grace and favour apartment. More smoke and mirrors.

most of the numbers quotes in deals are complete bullshit anyway. Forbes have just exposed Kylie Jenner.
It wouldn't surprise me if they were planning to split up and they're trying to divvy up their assets 🤔

I definitely think it will be a case of winding down her business (the clothing side at least) and blaming Corona now. The company has never once made a profit. She always had to weigh up how embarrassing it was to make huge public losses each year against how embarrassing it was to admit she's failed in her venture, and I don't believe she would have ever shut it and just admitted defeat. She needed a 'saving face' excuse and this is perfect for her. I can see her continuing with the skin care and make up range for a bit and possibly saying as part of the statement she wants to concentrate her attention solely on that 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 7
I definitely think it will be a case of winding down her business (the clothing side at least) and blaming Corona now. The company has never once made a profit. She always had to weigh up how embarrassing it was to make huge public losses each year against how embarrassing it was to admit she's failed in her venture, and I don't believe she would have ever shut it and just admitted defeat. She needed a 'saving face' excuse and this is perfect for her. I can see her continuing with the skin care and make up range for a bit and possibly saying as part of the statement she wants to concentrate her attention solely on that 🤷‍♀️
Agree, it is the perfect get out clause.
Do you remember the performance the Spice Girls did for the 2012 Olympics and they had her name alongside with other prestigious British designers? Joke.

Reactions: 5
I can't remember her name but there's a US TV host (news, I think?) who wears a lot of VB and must have it tailored to fit her perfectly because she really does look fantastic. Victoria looks like a clown in her too-long trousers and over-sized shirts though.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I can't remember her name but there's a US TV host (news, I think?) who wears a lot of VB and must have it tailored to fit her perfectly because she really does look fantastic. Victoria looks like a clown in her too-long trousers and over-sized shirts though.
I don't get those trousers, which are so long they drag on the floor, at all. You just pick up dirt off the floor and look like you have weird, stumpy legs and no feet.

The trousers look awful on everyone, recent memory who wore them are Victoria, Meghan Markle, Jess Mulroney. Didn't look good on anyone and why Meg wore them in rainy Scotland is even more beyond me.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Meghan Markle wore some dresses of hers (I remember the blue one) and it looked absolutely dreadful. The material looked cheap and it bunched around her waist

Agree, it is the perfect get out clause.
Do you remember the performance the Spice Girls did for the 2012 Olympics and they had her name alongside with other prestigious British designers? Joke.
That was essentially Victoria's payment for doing the Olympics. Victoria didn't want to do it, but agreed on the condition of her clothes being shown in the ceremony.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 7
Her dresses are awful! They look like a cross between a tent and a curtain and they’re rectangular!!

This is £990 in Harrods! Did VB slog her guys out at Fashion college for years to get this status and price?! No she bloody didn’t, bleeping cheek!!!
Looks like an M&S shift dress with matching jacket available. Although I thought Roland Mouret designed her clothes, so I’d expect better. The silly big trousers are very silly indeed.

Brooklyn went to study photography at art college in New York (dropped out) so I think limped on in education beyond the age of 18.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.