The BBC

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The problem in my view is not that Lineker opposed the legislation, that it his right, but more the language he chose to do it in.
This exactly, it's the language he used to oppose it not that he opposed it. If he opposed labour with similar language the result would be the same.

I keep hearing that he was critical of Qatar and got away with it so it's inconsistent. But he read a factual statement out about Qatar that the BBC signed off and was probably their own words with stuff like "it's been controversial" and "homosexually is illegal". Was like reading a summary from an encyclopaedia. In no way was it comparable. It would have been if he'd said Qatar was similar to 1930s Germany. Apples and pears.

Reactions: 1
Ah thanks, not surprised at all. The idea the guardian is credible and not just another tabloid that creates click and sharebait stories is laughable.

Yeah but the Guardian uses long words so it must be really really authoritatve. And not at all just the Left Wing version of the Mail.

Reactions: 1
Yeah but the Guardian uses long words so it must be really really authoritatve. And not at all just the Left Wing version of the Mail.
You must have a pretty limited vocabulary if you think the Guardian uses long words! Can you also explain how it's the left wing version of the Daily Mail.

Gary is a good presenter, but he crossed the line and was dealt with. I disagree with other sports presenters who supported his action, and as such I also disagree that he's being allowed back next week.

As others have explained, some roles expect their employees to abide by their rules and if they don't then they are dealt with. I hope this doesn't open floodgates for others at the BBC to tweet about their political feelings.

You must have a pretty limited vocabulary if you think the Guardian uses long words! Can you also explain how it's the left wing version of the Daily Mail.
Long words is an ironic take on the hard of thinking's insistence that the Guardian is a reliable source.

And it is the Left Wing version of the Mail because it uses selective statistics and biased editorials to push it's own agenda.

"Guardian reader" and "Daily Mail reader" are equal an opposite meme's. The two cheeks of the same arse.

At least Mail readers realise they are a parody. Never quite sure about Guardian readers....

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I'm not sure I buy that Fiona Bruce was reading a line the BBC forced her to say for legal reasons.

I presumed she was trying to do a disclaimer of some sorts and really messed up her words.