Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

kittenattack

VIP Member
I think people can display bizarre behaviour once they're in the public eye. It's like the fame completely takes over and they're high on it. I read that somewhere. I don't know whether she's clinically delusional, in complete denial or just enjoying the attention. The staff must be tearing their hair out with her though.

Reactions: 6

Lalalemon

Chatty Member
The last photos show him bloated, probably form all the fluids. It does look healthier but its far from.
Yes Alfie Evans suddenly ballooned as well, it's really not a good sign at all! Poor Archie :(

Do we know when the appeal is set for?

• Sad

grampositive

Chatty Member
So she is trying to imply the scans used in court aren't of Archie wtf?
I'm baffled by these claims about the MRIs and number of teeth, because teeth aren't visible on an MRI due to their high mineral content (AFAIA - happy to be corrected!)

She had previously tried to say the scans weren't his because his name wasn't visible (explained in the court documents that it had been cropped out), but the teeth thing wasn't addressed. Very strange.

Purrrrrrr

VIP Member
You got a source or two for that one?

Also remember the Alder hay scandal?

• Wow

Mermer89

Maybe I’m being really naive, but how does a 10 yr old know about suicide and TikTok? My eldest is 7, she doesn’t have her own device, but she have one family iPad that’s really locked down and all the parental controls are on. As far as I know she doesn’t know how to turn them off.

I know children struggle with mental health and they go through things we don’t always realise, but I’d be devastated if she even knew what suicide was.
Some parents just allow kids to access all sorts.
My son is year 7, he had a phone for his 10th birthday which was year 5 but birthday is end of August so practically year 6. He just had WhatsApp and YouTube in year 6. I let him have tiktok in year 7 but he doesn’t have anything else. There’s a restriction on our internet and his phone for adult websites etc.
I know if he wants to find it somehow, he will but we need to trust him too.

Merpedy

VIP Member
It is so dangerous that this should be considered in court: that the personal ethical beliefs of staff should be a factor in whether to treat someone
And if the courts were to say "you have to treat him" the staff would because the staff themselves aren't in a position to just throw down their duties and responsibilities just like that. Realistically, I can't ever see a case where someone is allowed by the courts to die or go untreated because doctors or nurses don't feel comfortable doing that work

Merpedy

VIP Member
They will rule on best interests.
And they are only ruling on best interest because it's an available avenue. If it wasn't we'd likely be extending the criteria to be declared brain stem dead to fit those of Archie as the test can't be carried out because it would be unreliable - it's essentially acting on a benefit of doubt angle where there's the smallest unlikely chance that he could be alive and the test wouldn't catch it as I'd understand anyway

Cruel? No, he is not capable of suffering.
I find this a bit weird? I understand he can't feel pain but from what I have gathered the treatments he is receiving are actually harsh on the physical body and that's been part of the discussion in court by the sound of it

A corpse is a corpse. Imaging has shown the deterioration of his brain stem and brain. Ergo, legally confirmed as dead. He cannot regulate any of his own bodily functions and if removed from a ventilator his heart would cease beating. Ergo ... dead/a corpse, with or without the ventilator. So brain death absolutely equates to physical death.
The one thing I have taken away from all of this is that it's absolutely amazing that we're able to keep someone 'alive' even after they have basically passed away

Weeder

Chatty Member
I have mixed feelings about that Dignity page. While I think it’s great to have places where you can discuss cases like this away from the echo chamber army group I do feel that that page deliberately antagonises the family.
Bringing up convictions from years ago, which are irrelevant to what is going on now. making regular new posts when there isn’t much to say, baiting the family and their followers knowing that they will react. Whoever runs the page clearly enjoys the attention it brings them IMO.
They've always been like it, they like to poke the bear and act all innocent when it starts more trouble.
I steer clear tbh.

Gossngiggles

VIP Member
11th of July feels like a really long time away. I am thankful that Archie seemingly isn’t able to feel pain or be suffering.

I was never a member of the army group but I have had a look and you can see that the number of members is fairly small,and hasn’t grown massively considering all the interviews his mum has been doing. It’s a pleasant surprise when you think that the Alfie Evans group had about half a million members.

iieee

VIP Member
Archie's Army are thick, but they don't seem quite as crazily motivated as Alfie's Army. Remember the guy who turned up outside the hospital with oxygen canisters, in the hope that they could be used in transporting Alfie to Italy?
Apparently that same guy sent Hollie a bible which she posted pictures of on facebook recently.

• Sick
  • Wow

Cack Conroe

Chatty Member
Archie is not a corpse. He is not legally nor physically dead. His brain is dead. Doing anything to his body is not legally nor physically desecration of a corpse. If it feels like it is due to his permanent loss of conscious, that is a valid personal feeling, but not relevant in determining the course of treatment unless it is your own loved one

Anti-abortion doctors are not forced to refer patients for abortions. But they must refer them back to other GPs. This prevents them from being forced to act against their morals, while not effecting access for patients.

This ought to be similar for any other case in which doctors may have ethical concerns that restrict access to care.

Undignified? Pointless? Upsetting? Maybe, these are subjective personal opinions and value judgements. Cruel? No, he is not capable of suffering.

It is not the place of doctors or nurses to centre their feelings and personal beliefs over that of the patient or family. It is so dangerous that this should be considered in court: that the personal ethical beliefs of staff should be a factor in whether to treat someone. Set aside Archie for a moment and bear in mind that our legal system works on using previous cases for authority. What if in a future case, they use the personal ethical beliefs of staff or their distress at having to do their job as a legal reason not to treat someone who debatably could benefit?

Last edited:

Merpedy

VIP Member
I found this. Hopefully this means he can pass peacefully.
I genuinely think they're just lying to the court at this point tbh as this seems to have been their line of argument there for a while now - he won't wake up but the death should be 'natural', I assume by cardiac arrest? Of course, then we see on the wall that they want him to be resuscitated

If their line of argument has changed - great. They would probably then agree with the hospital and Guardian

Merpedy

VIP Member
I don't really understand what a 'natural' death would then be without a DNAR in place tbh. Either way the result is the same, just one of them isn't as stressful as you don't have a whole team of people around trying to resuscitate

It seems like a miracle that he has only had two 'scares' of cardiac arrest to begin with tbh

I have sort of been on her wavelength with other decisions and things she has been saying but this one I just don't understand at all