The Archers

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I didn't listen to Wednesday nights episode (I can't stand to listen to the talk of animal farming, as a veggie so turned it off straight away). What happened with Harrison and Harry? I've listened to last nights but think I might have missed something...
Harrison was on duty in Borchester (I think?) and was called to an altercation of drunk and disorderly. Turned out it was Harry who was very drunk. He then tried to drive even though Harrison warned him not to so Harrison arrested him. Didn't charge him but kept him overnight to sober up.
Next day Harrison told Harry he'd looked up his files and saw he had been charged with drunk and disorderly several times and had previously been banned from driving for a year for drink driving. Harry swore it was all behind him now and he would seek help.
Later Harrison found Harry in a pub (he saw his car outside). He asked Harry if Alice knew he had problems with alcohol, and that if he didn't tell Alice that he, Harrison would. Harry said he had no intention of telling Alice as it would upset her. And that if Harrison told her he would report him to police authorities as he should not divulge confidential police matters. And that he had 'friends' in high places.

I imagine now Alice has been told Harry will try to exact his revenge against Harrison. He went in all guns blazing over the injured pony at the yard didn't he?

Reactions: 3
I just read on FB that a new Robert has been cast and will appear next month.
I'm pleased as there is mileage in their relationship. But still sad about original Robert.
What will they do with Roy?

Reactions: 6
I wish syksey would go the fecking way of the Shetland. They should put a warning on those episodes so I know not to listen. Syksey, Ruth whining and the grundies I can do without.
really enjoying the drama at the moment. Kindof wanted the Harry and Alice thing to go on a little longer though. Great writing to make it so final for Alice when he admitted to being arrested for drunk driving.

Reactions: 5
I wish syksey would go the fecking way of the Shetland. They should put a warning on those episodes so I know not to listen. Syksey, Ruth whining and the grundies I can do without.
really enjoying the drama at the moment. Kindof wanted the Harry and Alice thing to go on a little longer though. Great writing to make it so final for Alice when he admitted to being arrested for drunk driving.
I don’t think for a moment the Harry and Alice thing is over. Will Harry want revenge, he seems the type, certainly doesn’t like not getting his way and can turn nasty when that doesn’t happen .. lots of other breadcrumbs in a trail here and we still don’t know what the blood test storyline is all about. That said for a while now I’ve been of the opinion that Harry is but a cipher in a moving along storyline, I think he won’t be in the cast for a length of time, this is all about Alice and how she copes with her alcoholism, for sure there will be bumps in the road.

There’s so many balls in the air Harrison needs to get his credibility back he would and should be a lot smarter rushing off to the Bull without back up and that bunkum about confidentiality. I feel he may die on duty .Vince would be a better village copper tuff love he would nick everything that moved

Harry what a nob get his mummy on the case she’ll give the low down on her Little boy falling off his old nag pissed and coked out of his head his blood test will prove that he’s an untitled twit . And as for Jazzer what the f” is all that about. George please come back and deal out some natural justice!

• Haha
Harry what a nob get his mummy on the case she’ll give the low down on her Little boy falling off his old nag pissed and coked out of his head his blood test will prove that he’s an untitled twit . And as for Jazzer what the f” is all that about. George please come back and deal out some natural justice!
I know 😂 The most random storyline ever - Jazzer, in the morning, thinking he would give a parkour display in the carpark that same evening. And yet the crowds apparently flocked to see this.

• Haha
I know 😂 The most random storyline ever - Jazzer, in the morning, thinking he would give a parkour display in the carpark that same evening. And yet the crowds apparently flocked to see this.
Apparently Chelsea worked her magic on social media .. she can’t be that magical, never seen her here on Tattle, have you 😉

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
When Neil and Susan were in the helicopter and saw Martha's pony, was I the only one that thought they were going to spot Harry attacking it - much relief at not transpiring. However we may now have an HS2 style story coming up about an oak tree?

Just realised I didn't listen to last night's episode to the end

Jim Jim you sound so confused Alice wanted four fork handles not candles she was hoping you would go out the back to have a look and when you got back she would of been gone plus a bottle of your vodka. Neil you missed an opportunity to drop a very annoying woman from a great hight , anybody got an idea who would make a target I thought either Jazzer or straight down the chimney of the Bull Jolene would think Santa has come early. Neil was whining so much at on point I thought he had fallen out of the chopper. Landing in an oak feking tree! What next in this show?

• Haha
Reactions: 2
The script-writing seems to be all over the place at the moment. Jazzer doing parkour when it's never been mentioned before. Jolene and some anonymous Peaky Blinder gangster from nowhere. Ed and Emma becoming tree surgeons - aren't they aged about 40?

• Haha
The script-writing seems to be all over the place at the moment. Jazzer doing parkour when it's never been mentioned before. Jolene and some anonymous Peaky Blinder gangster from nowhere. Ed and Emma becoming tree surgeons - aren't they aged about 40?
And Will lending Ed and Emma £20k to fund this harebrained scheme. It's just so wierd.
Yes there seem to be a lot of very random storylines right now.

When Neil and Susan were in the helicopter and saw Martha's pony, was I the only one that thought they were going to spot Harry attacking it - much relief at not transpiring. However we may now have an HS2 style story coming up about an oak tree?

Just realised I didn't listen to last night's episode to the end
My question is how the feck they spotted a Shetland pony from a helicopter and were able to ID it!

• Haha
My question is how the feck they spotted a Shetland pony from a helicopter and were able to ID it!
Because it was on fire and George was trying his best to put it out bless him. Now back to Jim, sadly Jim is starting to become hearing impaired and lovely little Martha wasn’t saying nice hat but “you’re fat” mr nosey and as for Neil or shall we call him the new Victor Meldrew . I don't believe it!

Reactions: 1
New Robert doesn't sound like Robert at all
He doesn't does he? I'm glad they haven't killed him off but he sounds so different. Far more irritable.
I wonder what they will do with Roy?

Reactions: 2
I wonder what they will do with Roy?
I think they'll probably have him not happy in the new Grey Gables setup and off to a new job in Brum near his dad.
My name pet peeve about poor vocal casting was exemplified last night. Spent minutes wondering who the two women chatting were, then rest of the episode not sure whether it was Hannah or Stella speaking. Thought at one stage it was Stella who fancied Chris. That would be a juicy twist.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I wondered if they might have Roy get back in touch with long lost love Lexi, go and visit her, decide life’s too short and move there.

I think they'll probably have him not happy in the new Grey Gables setup and off to a new job in Brum near his dad.
My name pet peeve about poor vocal casting was exemplified last night. Spent minutes wondering who the two women chatting were, then rest of the episode not sure whether it was Hannah or Stella speaking. Thought at one stage it was Stella who fancied Chris. That would be a juicy twist.
I sometimes long for the days of Joe Grundy, he used to greet everyone by their full title so at least we sometimes knew who was speaking.

• Haha
Oh dear - Stella is definitely getting the ick with Pip trying to make her Rosie's second mum 😬